Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1…..>that which is in you is greater then that which is in the world, and again he which begain a work in you will see it through completion, again is the Lords weak that it can't save, again the calling of God is without revocation, again no you not that you are the temples of the living God and whoever destroys the temple of God He will destroy Him, and again whosoever calls on the name of the Lore will be saved, and non can deliver out of His Hands those who were given to Christ, and again if the Lord be for us who can be against us, Just a few of many. I guess theses are not them tho.

Peace……..gene:D

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1…..>that which is in you is greater then that which is in the world, and again he which begain a work in you will see it through completion, again is the Lords weak that it can't save, again the calling of God is without revocation, again no you not that you are the temples of the living God and whoever destroys the temple of God He will destroy Him, and again whosoever calls on the name of the Lore will be saved, and non can deliver out of His Hands those who were given to Christ, and again if the Lord be for us who can be against us, Just a few of many. I guess theses are not them tho.

Peace……..gene:D

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Jesus sent the spirit to us if you have the Spirit you are baptized with it, it has nothing to do with water, Your deluding yourself to think water baptism saves you. John said he indeed baptized with (water) But He who comes after me will baptized with spirit and fire thats the true Baptism as we all have shown you. Water baptism never saved anyone spiritually.
    When are you going to stop thinking carnally and start thinking spiritually.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    Just to add to that above even Nick is not able to believe the one Baptism mentioned in Eph 4:4.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    You better contact T8 to change your vote. He may help you.
    Thanks
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    You better contact T8 to change your vote. He may help you.
    Thanks
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 02 2008,11:12)
    Hi not3,
    Should we obey all? Yes.
    Is God trustworthy? Yes

2tim2
     11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

If we have died with him-Rom6
    If we cannot lose salvation a lot of scripture is in doubt.

I was kinda being sarcastic by saying should we obey “all” because I was thinking of the animal sacrifices, not cutting our hair and so on. :;):

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 02 2008,11:12)
    Hi not3,
    Should we obey all? Yes.
    Is God trustworthy? Yes

2tim2
     11It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

If we have died with him-Rom6
    If we cannot lose salvation a lot of scripture is in doubt.

I was kinda being sarcastic by saying should we obey “all” because I was thinking of the animal sacrifices, not cutting our hair and so on. :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Context.
    Eph 4
    3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

Baptism means baptism.
    The Spirit has already been mentioned
    Scripture is efficient and God is not a God of Confusion.

gollamudi
    Participant

So brother Nick, do you mean that one Baptism is water Baptism?

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful Sis

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful Sis

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    Is the word qualified?
    If it was it would mean another type.
    We are not expected to choose a meaning every time we see the word in Scripture.

Look at context and you will see it is to do with unity in the Body

gollamudi
    Participant

That's what we are pointing towards you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    God is orderly.
    Men would apply disorder to the Word.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    I can agree with you. I think we better close this topic by believing that water Baptism is a part of salvation process I mean after the inner work of Holy Spirit. Is it OK for you? For your proof I have taken this Baptism twice. So don't worry my friend we are all with you. We were only arguing with you on the subject that water Baptism can not be the necessary and sufficient condition for Salvation.
    Thanks for nice chatting with you.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    It is unusual for Spirit baptism to be first but it is recorded in Acts 10 with Cornelius.
    The blood and the word cleanse but it is not the work of the Holy Spirit.
    The Spirit sanctifies.

gollamudi
    Participant

I meant the conviction by the Holy Spirit to repent and accept Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for our redemption. Is it OK?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Where is this salvation written?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    I think you like mindless debate. First of all let me ask you what exactly you want to say?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account