Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….have you ever read “He who condemns another, condemns His self”.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….have you ever read “He who condemns another, condemns His self”.

gollamudi
    Participant

I hope one day Nick will realise these things.

gollamudi
    Participant

I hope one day Nick will realise these things.

Not3in1
    Participant

OK, brother's back to the topic huh?  :;):

Supergeek,

Here are some jewels in Ephesians for salvation by faith alone and not by water baptism:

Ephesians 1:13
    And you were also included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised holy Spirit, which is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession – the the praise of his glory.

“God's possession” – oh, that gives me chills.  Love it.

Ephesians 2:8, 9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works so that no one can boast.

Hey a side note here, DK if you're listening….even our faith is a “gift” from God.  Praise him for all the wonderful gifts he continues to give his children.

Not3in1
    Participant

OK, brother's back to the topic huh?  :;):

Supergeek,

Here are some jewels in Ephesians for salvation by faith alone and not by water baptism:

Ephesians 1:13
    And you were also included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised holy Spirit, which is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession – the the praise of his glory.

“God's possession” – oh, that gives me chills.  Love it.

Ephesians 2:8, 9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works so that no one can boast.

Hey a side note here, DK if you're listening….even our faith is a “gift” from God.  Praise him for all the wonderful gifts he continues to give his children.

Not3in1
    Participant

It is by grace we are saved.

If by grace alone, there is no need for the symolism of baptism [for redemption].

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy……you received that Grace when you were Baptized with holy spirit. Mandy look up the meaning of the Word Grace, It doesn't mean what most people think, it is Divine influence in your life. That divine influence is being given to you in your Heart and that caused us to chose the things of God. Your are (created) unto good works. God is molding
    us into His dear children. And without being emerged into Holy Spirit that can't take place.

Love and peace to you and your…………..gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 29 2008,05:39)
    Mandy……you received that Grace when you were Baptized with holy spirit. Mandy look up the meaning of the Word Grace, It doesn't mean what most people think, it is Divine influence in your life. That divine influence is being given to you in your Heart and that caused us to chose the things of God. Your are (created) unto good works. God is molding
    us into His dear children. And without being emerged into Holy Spirit that can't take place.

If we let him

Not3in1
    Participant

I believe we are saying the same thing, bro.

It is by grace we are saved. Without God's influence on our lives, we could not be saved.

:)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy………right, that divine influence works by (God Will), not ours so-called free wills,as false teachers and false churches would like people to think.The Father get (ALL) the glory for our salvation, but i already know you know that.

Peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 29 2008,02:07)
    Nick……If you understood the synbolic language usd in revelation you could easley figure out what it is really saying, but sense you can't i understand you confusion, You take every thing literally it says and don't discern the spiritual and symbolic things, but if you just understood the very first sentence of the first chapter you could have figured out it's a symbolic book, written in symbolic language. Heres something I would like to see if your physical and literal mind can answer, “Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.” how is that literally and physically achieved then ? that alone should give you a clue.

Hi GB,
    We do not have the right to read as symbolic what is written just because we cannot understand the HOW.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 29 2008,05:40)

If we let him

DK………I see you say (if we Let Him) a mighty bold statement if you ask me. So you think you are in control of your destiny then and are able to figure out for yourself if you want God or not and if you will let him or not be in control of your life.

You are indeed a GOD then and are sovereign over your will and destiny. congratulations! for you and a few others Here then you saved yourselves by your so-called free wills.

If you believe that my friend then you are in a dream world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You seem to think we are on a stage immediately and utterly controlled by God as soon as we are blessed with the Spirit.

Yet scripture tells us we must let ourselves be be controlled by the Spirit [Gal5]and such a statement is superfluous if your idea is correct. Likewise we are told some fall away and cannot be brought back. We are even told that false prophets arise from among us.  Paul was frustrated with the Galatians that despite their being established in Christ by baptism there was still no evidence that Christ was yet born within them.

This magic theory of yours opens the way for men to claim that they alone are spiritually guided. That is neither truthful or wise. Submission and obedience to the ways of God is a process of daily taking up the cross and not magic.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2008,06:59)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 29 2008,02:07)
    Nick……If you understood the synbolic language usd in revelation you could easley figure out what it is really saying, but sense you can't i understand you confusion, You take every thing literally it says and don't discern the spiritual and symbolic things, but if you just understood the very first sentence of the first chapter you could have figured out it's a symbolic book, written in symbolic language. Heres something I would like to see if your physical and literal mind can answer, “Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.” how is that literally and physically achieved then ? that alone should give you a clue.

Hi GB,
    We do not have the right to read as symbolic what is written just because we cannot understand the HOW.

Nick…..did you read what you just wrote , we don't have the (RIGHT) to read what is symbolic written, well that show you not one of his servants then, don't is say to show HIS SERVANTS the things that must shortly come to past. So your saying God's servants were given something they weren't meant to figure out. No wonder your so concussed, why would God do that when He said He gave it to (show) His servants.

Nick the ones who can't understand these things are not His servants and can't comprehend symbolic language.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Your slights continue but never wound as they clearly come from your own doubts and insecurity. To claim you alone know how God does things shows an attitude that is foreign to the ways of God's people.

Your approach to the bread of life shows naiievity and a sense of personal unique ability that is not reflected in what you write. Symbolism is used in scripture but as with all things scriptural it is scripture which must be used to unlock it and not human logic.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…there you go again Lying where is it i (ever) say I (alone) know how God does things. Please be specific (IF) you can. Your false accusations reflects your real motives and i wonder who is guiding that.

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm
    Anyway
    baptism means baptism
    to the simple lambs things are simple.

Psalm 116:6
    The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..and while i do not say i know it all, but I will say me reason and explanations are every bit as valid as yours are

I ask you a simple question How do you explain How death and Hades are cast into the lake of fire then, if its not symbolic language, and instead of saying you just don't know, you go off on some tangent to try to discredit someone, which i have see you do not only with me but many others also. Hay if you don't understand something Just say it , don't try to get around it by saying the person is using Human logic as if you aren't.

Its not wrong to not understand things and if you have a position then express it no one is going to attack you personally for your (OPINIONS) so why take it personal. It's when you think your the only one who knows truth about the subject and start insinuating things about people that cause this accusing each other that goes on Here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    HOW? Who knows
    Will it happen? It is written.

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account