Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Who would join in the chorus of rebellion against the righteous demands of God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gollamudi……..To listen to Nick you should also be circumcised because God comamded that also, He also commanded to keep the Sabbath day also. But i would like to see where (God said) to be water Baptized, And that will save you. Paul said there is (ONLY ONE BAPTISM) so take your pick. I will choose the Baptism of the spirit. But again it's not a sin to be water baptized and if that what a person wants then so be it, but that baptism is not what save
    you or anyone else either in my opinion. Remember Jesus said the Flesh profits nothing nether does water baptism. But the out pouring of God's Spirit on us does profit all who are immersed into it.

peace to you and yours Adam…………..gene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 18 2008,13:05)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 18 2008,11:48)
    chosenone……….Amen brother, You can get wet all you want to it wont save you< It's the baptism of the Spirit And Fire that save you Period, nothing more or nothing less. Trust me all those who go running to Christ when he comes were all water baptized and it didn't seem to have done them any good.

But I am willing to bet that all who are baptized with Holy Spirit and Fire, will be saved and accepted at that time. AS i said before it's not wrong to be water baptised but it can never change a person, and Paul grow to see that, thats why he said there is only ONE BAPTISM, not two or more.

Peace to you and yours………gene

Amen to that brother. Only thing I want to ask you is whether we have to give away with water baptism completely? Is it not necessary as an outward symbolic (representation) obedience of what is happening in side us?

Hi golamudi.
    I'll give you my opinion. Being baptized in water isn't a sin, I have been water baptized twice in my walk with God, before it was revealed to me that it is not a requirement for salvation. Many who believe they are christians do all sort of various rituals, in many different denominations, all believe what they are doing is required. Scripture says in Eph.11:36 “All is of God, all is by Him ,through Him, and for Him”. Also in Eph.1:11 says “God is operating all according to the council of His will”. These two verses pretty much sum it all up, God is in comlete control.
    Again in Eph.2:8-10 “For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present, 9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.
    10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them.
    Notice it says “for HIS achievment are we”, nothing we can do will count, it is “all” of God.
    I know this is difficult to understand, but read the book of Ephesians, it is a good review of what God is doing.
    May I say most denominations, if not all, teach that scripture, “Gods word” is a instruction manual of what God “wants us to do”. On the contrary, it is a book of what “God is doing”.
    Again, this is what I understand, I am not infallible, prone to error like anyone else.

Blessings

P.S. I'm 73 years of age, I thank God for revealing His truths to me, He's brought me through many and various trails and tribulations, and I realise this is necessary for learning. Gods ways are not our ways, but He is “Operating all according to the council of His will.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Gene, good post, you posted a minute or so before mine.

Blessings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone…..thanks i to was water baptized twice also. and i agree with your post to gollanudi, Good Post brother.

Peace to you and yours……..gene

Irene
    Participant

To all: Don't most Churches use water Baptism and the Holy Spirit at the same time. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Even the Catholic Church sprinkles water on the infant baby. But I have to tell you I was Baptized in the Catholic Church as a child and the truth was far from me. Not until God called me out of the Church and I was Baptized according to scriptures, that means submerged into water and then laid hands on and received the Holy Spirit, did I begin to understand God's truth. I also can testify what happened the day after my Baptism. I was sitting on the sewing machine and things did not go right, and I used curse words over and over again. And over and over again God let me know that I was sinning. I was not even aware that I was doing it. And so I went on for awhile to overcome so much that I was not aware of. Whenever I asked God show me my faults, He did big times. Today when I sin He will still lets me know. So in closing I feel that water Baptism is important.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So how did you learn that the ways of God were no longer those shown in scripture?
    It cannot have been from scripture so perhaps it was a private spiritual revelation?
    Should we trust just our instincts and logic on such important matters?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,16:42)
    Hi GB,
    So how did you learn that the ways of God were no longer those shown in scripture?
    It cannot have been from scripture so perhaps it was a private spiritual revelation?
    Should we trust just our instincts and logic on such important matters?

May I comment about this post to Gene?
    Would you explain in the first sentence what “ways of God” you are referring to that were no longer those shown in scripture?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You say
    ” Paul said there is (ONLY ONE BAPTISM) so take your pick.”

Where did Paul say what you quote?

Is this the way we should find truth in scripture?

Pick and choose according to logic or whim?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick, I'll leave this to Gene, I have no idea what you are referring to. I think you purposely quote a bunch of jibberish with no scriptural referral , so you can pretend to know what you are talking about. Jumping to and fro with inuendo and no substance. I wish you could just stay with the subject at hand.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Rightly you say
    ” in my opinion”
    If it is just your opinion and may be wrong, why do you force the issue?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 18 2008,16:13)

chosenone……….Amen brother, You can get wet all you want to it wont save you< It's the baptism of the Spirit And Fire that save you Period, nothing more or nothing less. Trust me all those who go running to Christ when he comes were all water baptized and it didn't seem to have done them any good.

But I am willing to bet that all who are baptized with Holy Spirit and Fire, will be saved and accepted at that time. AS i said before it's not wrong to be water baptised but it can never change a person, and Paul grow to see that, thats why he said there is only ONE BAPTISM, not two or more.

Amen to that brother. Only thing I want to ask you is whether we have to give away with water baptism completely? Is it not necessary as an outward symbolic (representation) obedience of what is happening in side us?

Hi golamudi.
        I'll give you my opinion.  Being baptized in water isn't a sin, I have been water baptized twice in my walk with God, before it was revealed to me that it is not a requirement for salvation.  Many who believe they are christians do all sort of various rituals, in many different denominations, all believe what they are doing is required.  Scripture says in Eph.11:36 “All is of God, all is by Him ,through Him, and for Him”.  Also in Eph.1:11 says “God is operating all according to the council of His will”.  These two verses pretty much sum it all up, God is in comlete control.
         Again in Eph.2:8-10 “For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present, 9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.
    10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them.
        Notice it says “for HIS achievment are we”, nothing we can do will count, it is “all” of God.
        I know this is difficult to understand, but read the book of Ephesians, it is a good review of what God is doing.
        May I say most denominations, if not all, teach that scripture, “Gods word” is a instruction manual of what God “wants us to do”.  On the contrary, it is a book of what “God is doing”.
        Again, this is what I understand, I am not infallible, prone to error like anyone else.  

Blessings

P.S.  I'm 73 years of age, I thank God for revealing His truths to me, He's brought me through many  and various trails and tribulations, and I realise this is necessary for learning.  Gods ways are not our ways, but He is “Operating all according to the council of His will.

Hi brother Jerry,
    Thanks for taking time to explain the “one Baptism”. I really praise God for using elderly brothers like you in this forum. I never felt that water baptism was not necessary. I also took twice water baptism. Even in India different churches have different mode of baptism some do sprinkling, some do under flag and most of the independent churches like pentecostal and Baptists give immersion baptism. In fact they have their own doctrines but no one denies water baptism. But some where in my understanding I also felt that water baptism is not mandatory only the Holy Spirit action on our hearts and filling us with Spirit through baptism in the Holy Spirit. Now I can understand how certain things God is clearing through His servants like you and Gene.
    Thanks for your concern for me.
    Do share some thing on preexistence and Holy Spirit threads also.
    Peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..and what you are saying is Just your opinions also and you could be wrong also. You like people to think your opinions are more actuate but in fact there not, according, to not just me but lots of other also. Frankly is i were running this site you would be the last person i would put as a monitor. You create more friction then anyone else here.

IMO>…….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Since there is only one true basptism according to you can you please study these scriptures and tell us if they are your one baptism-the Spirit baptism.
    Thanks
    Acts 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:41
    Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:13
    Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

Acts 8:16
    (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Acts 8:36
    And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 8:38
    And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Acts 9:18
    And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

Acts 10:47
    Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Acts 10:48
    And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 16:15
    And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 16:33
    And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Acts 18:8
    And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Acts 19:5
    When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 22:16
    And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

These are some of the recorded acts of the anointed apostles of God.
    God was at work in them to will and to do.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…… well i guess Paul (grew in understanding) after the book of Act's

Eph 4:5….> ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, (ONE BAPTISM).

Now do you think this one baptism was water baptism or Baptism of (SPIRIT AND FIRE) Which one in scripture produced the works of the Spirit. As i said before there is nothing wrong with water baptism as you are trying to make it out that i am saying that, if a person does that then fine, but that baptism did not then or now change anyone, but the baptism From God does Change a person, with or without the water baptism, and in many cases the spiritual baptism had already taken place before they were water baptized.

You need to think more on spiritual things then on the physical things you might see your spiritual life improve.

peace……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Where is it written?
    Did Paul practice for a while and get everything wrong?
    If he was actually moving according to the leading of the Spirit is it wise to decry that work?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 19 2008,01:26)

Quote (chosenone @ June 18 2008,16:13)

Hi golamudi.
    I'll give you my opinion. Being baptized in water isn't a sin, I have been water baptized twice in my walk with God, before it was revealed to me that it is not a requirement for salvation. Many who believe they are christians do all sort of various rituals, in many different denominations, all believe what they are doing is required. Scripture says in Eph.11:36 “All is of God, all is by Him ,through Him, and for Him”. Also in Eph.1:11 says “God is operating all according to the council of His will”. These two verses pretty much sum it all up, God is in comlete control.
    May I say most denominations, if not all, teach that scripture, “Gods word” is a instruction manual of what God “wants us to do”. On the contrary, it is a book of what “God is doing”.

Blessings

P.S. I'm 73 years of age, I thank God for revealing His truths to me, He's brought me through many and various trails and tribulations, and I realise this is necessary for learning. Gods ways are not our ways, but He is “Operating all according to the council of His will.

Hi brother Jerry,
    Thanks for taking time to explain the “one Baptism”. I really praise God for using elderly brothers like you in this forum. I never felt that water baptism was not necessary. I also took twice water baptism. Even in India different churches have different mode of baptism some do sprinkling, some do under flag and most of the independent churches like pentecostal and Baptists give immersion baptism. In fact they have their own doctrines but no one denies water baptism. But some where in my understanding I also felt that water baptism is not mandatory only the Holy Spirit action on our hearts and filling us with Spirit through baptism in the Holy Spirit. Now I can understand how certain things God is clearing through His servants like you and Gene.
    Thanks for your concern for me.
    Do share some thing on preexistence and Holy Spirit threads also.
    Peace to you
    Adam

Gollamudi, chosenone….You both have learned the more excellent way.

May God bless you and Keep you , make His face to shine on you , and be gracious unto you and lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.

this is my prayer for you both………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    If Acts does not show men led by the Spirit them why did God confirm their work with power?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….> are you blind, what do you mean where is it written, I gave you the Scripture can't you read.

Here it is again incase your pride has completely blinded you.

Eph 4:5…> Lets start in verse 4…> there is one body and one SPIRIT, Just as you were called in ONE hope of your calling; 5.>ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM.

there you have it again, so please don't say where is it written. You have been shown this three or four times can't you get it.

Like i said it's not about truth with you it's about you trying to be right no matter what, If you don't agree just say so and drop it. You are perfectly free to see it the way you want, no body cares, i am not telling no body to not be water baptized if that what they want then thats what they should do.

imo…….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….now your saying i am saying the apostles were not lead by the Spirit. Please show me where i said that. Again your starting to lie.

whats with you Just drop it.

gene

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account