Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……… if you don't know the diference between Spritual baptism and Physical baptism i would have to say you lack spiritual maturity. Please answer me this them and don't ver off the points.

1………..did Paul say there is only (ONE) Baptism. Yes or NO please.

2………..did John the baptist say, I indeed baptize with water (But) He who comes after me will Baptize with Spirit and Fire…………………..Yes or NO please

3………..did Jesus say in Acts 1:4-5 , for John truly baptized with water (BUT) you shall be BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT,…………………..Yes or No please

Now if you correctly answered these questions then you have Just come to understand the baptism that counts. So whose the one wondering from the truth?.

IMO………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    No.
    And he was not suggesting only one exists as you have shown three in your posts.

He did say there is one baptism but that does not invalidate other forms of use of the word.
    Water baptism is the type that the other forms are based on.
    Water baptism unites men in the garments of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Jesus is the one who baptises in the Spirit.
    His obedient servants baptise in water.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick if there is (ONE) baptism that saves me why would i care about any others then. Did John's baptism ever convert a single person, answer (NO) did it ever save anyone (NO) was the apostles saved by there water Baptism before they were baptized with Fire and Spirit, answer (NO) Like i said earlier it's not wrong to be water baptized and if you believe that what saves you that fine with me. I believe it's the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT that Saves a person.

IMO………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Which baptism speaks of salvation?
    Where does it say Spirit baptism saves?
    Water baptism is written with salvation in 1 peter 3.

The rest is just your opinion.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi GB
    Acts 10:48 “And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.”  You must be baptized.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You said in another thread.
    “Nick……….As i said before the apostles were still babes when the church began , but Peter plainly grow in spiritual understanding and got to a point where He said that the baptism of washing of the filth of the flesh did not remove sin, but the baptism of the Spirit does remove sin and cleans us inside. You can view things two ways, Spiritual or Physical, you choice.”

Does scripture say Spirit baptism is for inner cleansing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You said in another thread.
    “Nick….Show me what i said against baptism I have said i am (NOT) against water Baptism, But water baptism is not what saves any body it the baptism of the Spirit and Fire that is what saves people. The disciples were not changed until they received the Baptism of the Spirit and Fire that Jesus promised would come, if you can't handle that to to bad, it the truth.  

gene “

1Peter3 disagrees with you.
    The Spirit does bring changes as Christ is allowed to rule.
    But those at the wedding feast must be clothed in wedding garments.

Baptism [in water] clothes us in Christ [Gal3.27]and one at the wedding feast learned to his utter dismay that the righteous demands of God were more important than he had thought.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 03 2008,18:31)
    Nick if there is (ONE) baptism that saves me why would i care about any others then. Did John's baptism ever convert a single person, answer (NO) did it ever save anyone (NO) was the apostles saved by there water Baptism before they were baptized with  Fire and Spirit, answer (NO) Like i said earlier it's not wrong to be water baptized and if you believe that what saves you that fine with me. I believe it's the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT that Saves a person.

IMO………………….gene

Hi Gene.
    You are right on, you are absolutely correct, we are saved when baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Can you show me where such is written?

chosenone
    Participant

Of course Nick, glad to help out anyone not familiar with scripture. Acts1:5. You're welcome.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO, You said
    “You are right on, you are absolutely correct, we are saved when baptized with the Holy Spirit.” and quoted
    Acts 1
    5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Sorry but salvation is not mentioned here.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 15 2008,17:16)
    Hi CO,  You said
    “You are right on, you are absolutely correct, we are saved when baptized with the Holy Spirit.” and quoted
    Acts 1
    5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.  

Sorry but salvation is not mentioned here.

The topic is “baptism”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    But you offered to show me salvation by the Holy Spirit baptism alone.
    Why not try again.

chosenone
    Participant

All salvation is by God, through His Holy Spirit. Ro. 12:3…as God parts to each the measure of faith.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Rom12
    3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. KJV
    3For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith NASB

Grace saves but I think you misunderstand access to that saving grace.
    Knowing about the historical Christ is not very helpful.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    So why hasn't it helped you?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 15 2008,17:30)
    All salvation is by God, through His Holy Spirit. Ro. 12:3…as God parts to each the measure of faith.

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    You need to find what you teach here directly written, not just inferred.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick,
    I don't “teach” anything, just quote scripture to confirm my beliefs.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Your beliefs should not need to be justified.
    They should be plainly written.

So where is it written that Spirit baptism saves – as you teach.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account