Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Shania: Doesn'tYahushua [Jesus] mean YHWH is salvation????

Shania
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ May 30 2008,10:10)
    Hi Shania: Doesn'tYahushua [Jesus] mean YHWH is salvation????

yes.. why are we going around in circles?

gollamudi
    Participant

Nice question, Shania
    May God continue to guide in His Spirit.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So God's servants bear names that describe the qualities of God.
    God does not do that.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Baptism (to me) is a public declaration of something that has already taken place bewteen God and myself…that something is me being born again..being made into a new creation…the takes place depends on each individual and their walk with christ…

Personally..i think it scripturally its goes this way:

Born again thru holy spirit—> Baptism to show the world this has taken place

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Not 3in1,

Welcome back,

He is probably cutting and pasting from The book called ” The Essentials of Water Baptism” by Irvine Baxter “UPCI publishing house”:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God demands it.
    Sometimes He shows that the Word has done the cleansing [Acts10, Jn15 etc] but a man would be unwise not to fulfill all God's simple requirements lest we be found among those who only call Jesus LORD, LORD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Gene said this in another thread
    “to All………John said i indeed baptize in water, But he who comes after me will baptize You with Spirit and Fire.

Ill paraphrase it …….John said i indeed baptize (emerge) in water, (BUT) He (Jesus) comes after me will baptize (emerge) you in Spirit and Fire (intense Judgments).

Knowing this the fiery trial which has tried you as if some strange thing has happened unto you. This fiery trials is part of our baptizing we are emerged into intense judgments.

Water baptizing is not the true baptism. All true believers are baptized in Holy Spirit, connected with fiery Judgments.

peace to all……………..gene ”

I disagree.
    Water baptism is the type of all baptisms and when baptism is referred to in scripture without qualification is is water baptism that is referred to. God required this obedience from the one we are to follow and the relevance and meaning of it is shown in Rom 5-6 , 1 Peter 3. Read acts and you will find it shown about 17 times. Nothing has changed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Are you denying the work of the apostles in water baptising converts?
    Since these washings are basic to our faith[heb6] ought you not step back and obey?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So Jesus, the one we follow, was water baptised, but it is not necessary for us?
    Is this following him?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………Jesus was born under the law and the law required people to be ceremonially cleansed before they could go into the temple. Is was a common practice of all who were under the law to do. But if you understand Peter later said that the washing of filth from the flesh was not what was important but Spiritual washing was. The putting og of the deeds of the flesh. Being baptized with water doesn't clean up the Heart and mind of a person, but the baptism of Jesus with Spirit and Fire does, clean up the heart and mind.

Why do you suppose Paul said there is only (ONE) baptism, so tell us which (ONE) is it then, water or Spirit. You don't realize the disciples were growing in understanding as they went along, they were becoming more and more spiritual minded. While water was symbolic of the coming spiritual Baptism, it can never take it's place, it was only a symbol not the real thing.

I am not saying its wrong if you want to be water baptized I have been twice in my life, But I know that physical symbol only got me wet. But when I received the Spiritual baptism I began to change.

Physical Baptism and Physical circumcision to me are the same, they are of (NO) spiritual consequence.

IMO……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Was the baptism of John just a continuation of the pretemple ritual washings
    or was he the one sent with a water baptism of repentance so that men would listen to Christ?

Lk7
    24And when the messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

25But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts.

26But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.

27This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

28For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

29And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John.

30But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Scripture does not say the Baptism of the Spirit is for cleansing. But you do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Of course the Spirit baptism brings grace and teaching and sanctification.
    But God also requires submission to water baptism in the name of Jesus.

We must be born again of water and the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So why didn't all those who were baptized with the baptism of John believe him then and follow Jesus, the baptism of John never made (ONE) righteous person. But the baptism of Christ did I wonder why. Please explain that to me .

If you will look up the origins of water baptism you will find it came from ritualistic cleansing required by God to the Carnal Israelites. It has no spiritual effect in a person life at all.

We are perfected by the Baptism of Christ and that has nothing to do with water. When Peter went to Cornelius's House he found the Spirit Had all ready fallen on them as recorded. The same way it fell on the Apostles at their conversion The spirit is often symbolized as water, ” for I shall pour forth of My spirit said the Lord. The spirit is like water and we are emerged into it. While it's symbolic like water it is not water through.

When you go into the water you simple get wet, and while it may show you accept Jesus as the messiah, it has noting to do with the HOLY SPIRIT, That may be why Jesus said go and baptize them in (MY NAME) being baptized in Jesus” name has nothing to Do with the baptism we receive from God. If you check it out you will find the translators added Father and Holy Ghost to Jesus Statement.

Again i not saying its wrong to profess Jesus as the Christ publicly, but to think you receive the Holy spirit through water Baptism is wrong.

Paul plainly said there is (ONLY ONE) BAPTISM, and believe me if of the HOLY SPIRIT, not of water.

IMO……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Did you think it was magic?
    Washed sows love to roll again in the mud.

Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,02:45)
    Baptism (to me) is a public declaration of something that has already taken place bewteen God and myself…that something is me being born again..being made into a new creation…the takes place depends on each individual and their walk with christ…

Hi:

My understanding is that water baptism is a work showing that you have believed God's testimony regarding His Son and His Christ Jesus and that through him you have come to God with a repentant heart.

Sometimes a person may reveive the Holy Spirit prior to water baptism such as Cornelius and sometimes after they have been baptized.

It is a symbol showing that you are united with Christ in his death, burial and resurrection, and it is God's word that we should be baptized.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ May 30 2008,02:45)

Hi DK,
    Peter rather shows it is a plea for that inner washing by God that we be made fit vessels for the treasure of His Holy Spirit. He too told us it was for the forgiveness of sins[Acts 2]

1Peter3
    21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you–not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience–through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick, your problem is you not seeing which baptism Peter was talking about. Water only removes dirt from the flesh doesn't change you inside. Peter is referencing the Baptism of Christ which is the same one John was talking about, the Baptism of Spirit and Fire that Jesus was to going to give us.

Water Baptism saves no body, being baptized by the Spirit does does save.

IMO……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Your argument is with Peter, not us.

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account