Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……..You have it right , where does it say the Apostles were re-baptized after the Day of Pentecost When they recieved the Holy Spirit from GOD, Or where does it say they were ever baptized in the name of Christ in water. They had only had the baptism of John the Baptist. It is the baptism of the Spirit that counts , the baptism of Christ with Spirit and Fire. IMO

Peace and love to you and Georg………………………….gene

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 09 2010,10:48)
    Laurel………What do you say about the Gentiles who have not the Law , then How could they Keep any of it if they did not know any of it. This is a Point you need to try to deal with Here. Can't you see that true Righteousness is a CREATION Performed BY GOD IN our Hearts and minds, and We Have No Need of ANY LAW , but are moved with Love for one another in our Hearts . “For LOVE fulfills (ALL) the LAW”. You see Love is the (INTENT) of GOD'S commandments and if we love one another that is all that counts rather we ever heard of any of the laws of GOD or not, it makes no difference in the final outcome. “FOR WE ARE SORROWED UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND AGAIN GODLY SORROW WORKS REPENTANCE (not) to be repented of”> IMO

peace and love to yopu and yours Sis……………………….gene

Gene,
    We are born with a conscience. We know when we are doing wrong because we experience an emotion that even manifests itself in sickness when we do wrong.

I have loved animals since i was a tiny child, and i still do. I am gentle with baby animals and i help injured ones to recover. This thing i knew since a child did not have to be taught to me. YHWH put in in my heart.

Now if i were to go against that knowledge and harm baby animals or to cut them up to look inside of them to see how they were made etc. all of this would dull my knowledge that i had in the beginning. Eventually this rebelious behavior would lead to wors behavior and to a seered conscience.

I also knew that i should be faithful to my boyfriends at an early age. In other words when i had a crush on a boy i knew it was wrong to have a crush on two boys at one time. I also knew that if my girlfriend had a crush on a boy, that i should not like that same boy, as it was her crush.

Sorry, i am just looking back to things i knew since childhood, that could have only come from YHWH placing this in my heart.

Stealing is another one i knew was wrong since very young and i mean i can remember back to the age of 9 months old, so i know that when my 2 year old sister took a doll bottle off the shelf and walked out of the store walked out with it, that it was wrong and i told my Mom who brought it back to the store.

My sister still takes things that do not belong to her to this day. An example is a 12 pack of soda that the store clerk dosen't see in the cart bottom. She feels it is justified in some way in that it was not her mistake.

Enough said, all of this before i began to study Scripture and had since early childhood. When we do things we know are wrong, we should be punished. And when we do things wrong out of ignorance, we should we taught what is right.

How shall we know the difference between what is truely right or wrong? Should we rely on our “feelings?”

Here is an example of relying on feelings rather than Torah.

I was in love with a man named Jack. We dated exclusively “faithfully” for 5 years. We wer not married, but as adults we decided it was good to have a physical relationship. I did not feel guilty about it. I was faithful, which i knew since a child was good.

What i did not know was WHY it is important to be faithful, ecxept that when of if a person has cheated on you, you “know” how it feels to be cheated on, and it isn't good. So we can figure out “in part” by our “feelings' what is good or not.

Most people especially Christian's go through life living by their “feelings.” And why not? We do not live by a written law, but by a spiritual one, right?

Not so. We ALL will be judged according to YHWH's Torah which is written on two tablets of stone. How do i know this? Those “10 Words” were written by the finger of YHWH Elohim Himself! TWICE!

Those 10 words are explained in Torah in great detail. If one does not know the Torah, one can not understand how to guard these commands, except to go by our “feelings,” which Scripture indicates can not be relied upon, for man's thought are evil continuously. We can not rely on our feelings to guide us to righteousness. It is impossible, because our own flesh decieves us.

Now back to Jack whom i still love to this very day.
    I began studying the words of Yahushua Messiah while Jack and i were still together. I read somewhere in the Brit Chodesh Writings (renewed covenant/ New Testament) that, “It is better to marry than to burn.”

That was a long sword to swallow! That was a hot flame that consumed me! Never before had i heard the voice of YHWH my Elohim so loudly and so plainly as the day i read that.

Needless to say, Jack and i are no more. He did not want to “fulfill” Scripture by marrying me and making our relationship right according to YHWH's 10 Words. Remember the command, Thou shall not commit adultery. It has everything to do with being faithful, and not with being married or not.

Faithfulness was already in my heart. What the command taught me, was to look at the “heart” of the matter, from Elohim perspective. I learned that a committlent between a man and a woman needs to be a lifetime commitment, and not a pertime commitment. It need to be built on helping man and leading women. Men to lead, women to support the man. It is a “covenant” relationship based on WORDS that can not be changed nor altered nor compromised. AND when done “right” accordin to Torah, ther is also a blood covenant involved.

Torah teaches the right way to be complete. It is necessary because our flesh seeks evil and not good. It was written for our own good. The Torah is a “love letter” from our Elohim.

So because i heard His voice and i obeyed His voice, i am the most content single woman i know of. And how can it be when i still love the man i can not be with! Oh YHWH restore the righteousness in the world! My heart longs for Your righteousness!

If Jack had that in his heart the way i do, we could have a true love story on this lifetime. We could be putting YHWH ELohim first, and not our own needs. I could be sitting on the porch swing with Jack on Shabbat observing YAH's beautiful creation, baby deer, blue skys, evening stars, etc. With Jack. Sharing burdens, sharing meals, sharing YHWH's set-apart holy days, and all in harmony with HIM.

But YHWH in His great love gave each and every one of us “choice.” Jack chose to remain single. I chose to remain faithful to YHWH, and Jack. In this there have been MANY miracles of healing, both in Jack's body, and in my heart. And mostly I have learned the true meaning of LOVE!

This is how i know that Yahushua is a man and our ABBA is a Spirit, and we are one in that Spirit. I made a choice to follw in the footsteps of YHWH's beloved Son, and i do not take my yeshua/ salvation for granted!

I “know” what love it, and it has EVERYTHING to do with self-sacrifice, and worshipping YHWH Elohim!

Gentiles have no excuse, i know, i was one.

Want to keep learning the hard way? Keep being a Gentile. Want to “know” YHWH ELohim and serve Him? Keep the Torah of love, and be graffed into the tree of life through Yahushua Messiah. Become an Yisra'elite, an “overcomer.”

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 13 2010,00:54)
    Nick!  Why do you want to erase what Jesus said in
    Math. 28.  Is Peter more important then Jesus is?  Not in my Book.  To get the Holy Spirit a Minister has to lay Hands on you.  The Apostles had been previously Baptized, but  did not receive God's Holy Spirit at that time.  Only after Pentecost did the Apostles receive the holy Spirit….
    Irene

Irene,
    Why so adimate about the “physical” laying on of hands, and contradicting the physical Torah?

Think about that. There is something wrong here and it is not the Messiah's words, nor what Simon Kepha said.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 13 2010,02:46)
    Irene……..You have it right , where does it say the Apostles were re-baptized after the Day of Pentecost When they recieved the Holy Spirit from GOD, Or where does it say they were ever baptized in the name of Christ in water. They had only had the baptism of John the Baptist. It is the baptism of the Spirit that counts , the baptism of Christ with Spirit and Fire. IMO

They only were baptised with the SPirit becaue they were AT THE FEAST OF SHAVOUT, exactly where Yahushua Messiah told them to be. The right place at the right time, according to Torah!

So take that HaSatan!

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ May 13 2010,05:30)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 13 2010,02:46)

They only were baptised with the Spirit because they were AT THE FEAST OF SHAVOUT, exactly where Yahshua Messiah told them to be. The right place at the right time, according to Torah!

So take that Ha Satan!

Laurel! You are judging without a cause. The only judge is going to be God and not you or anyone else. If you want to go by the Old Covenant which is the Torah and more, then do so, but don't expect others to follow you when we have a much better understanding of the New Covenant. I know you want to do away with Luke and said that is not the New Covenant, but Luke was an eye Witness and it is Jesus saying what the New Covenant is. If you want to ignore that, that is up to you, but to judge us because we want to do the right thing, as far as I am concerned, is wrong…..Ha Satan is all around us and maybe you need to look in the mirror…..because if you judge so will God. Paul tells us so many things which you want to ignore….Join the Jews they believe the same thing. And make sure to keep the whole Law, all of it. Galatian 5 read it…..Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God in Christ declared the apostles clean by the ministry of the Word.[Jn15]
    Now men declare themselves clean because they read it?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..What does that got to do with Baptism brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Baptism is a plea for forgiveness from God.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2010,13:29)
    Hi,
    Baptism is a plea for forgiveness from God.

Nick! Our Sin's are forgiven because Christ died on the cross for us and took the death sentence away from us. For the forgiveness of our Sin's we need to ask God for. No Priest or no water will do so. Baptism is an outward sign that we are now burried with Christ…. and by laying on of hands we receive God's Holy Spirit. Now we can understand the things of God….. Irene

RokkaMan
    Participant

Also understand that Jesus died because God loves you.
    When you love someone it means you are willing to die for them.

If God loves us, then that means he is willing to die for us.

what am I getting at?

If Jesus' death was God showing his love for us tellin us the he is willing to die for us…then Jesus must represent God.

But it'd be blasphemy for a mere man to represent god, so Jesus had to of been fully man and fully god to express God's love.

God is Jesus!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    God has visited His people.
    in the vessel of His Son.

Like all of God's previous human vessels he was murdered.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

RM…………Because God is (IN) you that does not make you GOD , It says GOd in times past spoke to us through the Prophets, ut in these latter days has spoken to through a Son. If you apply your god man concept to Jesus then you must apply it to the Prophets also. In fact you must apply it to all who Now have Gods Spirit (IN) them. Because GOD'S Spirit is in someone does (NOT) Make the a True GOD. Jesus in Prayer said to the FATHER ” THOU ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. The word thou means someone other then the person speaking, and ONLY means there is no other GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 14 2010,01:39)
    RM…………Because God is (IN) you that does not make you GOD , It says GOd in times past spoke to us through the Prophets,  ut in these latter days has spoken to through a Son. If you apply your god man concept to Jesus then you must apply it to the Prophets also. In fact you must apply it to all who Now have Gods Spirit (IN) them. Because GOD'S Spirit is in someone does (NOT) Make the a True GOD. Jesus in Prayer said to the FATHER ” THOU ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. The word thou means someone other then the person speaking, and ONLY means there is no other GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

With that logic, God was also IN the prophets before Jesus…yet none of their deaths paid for my sin?

If the others were sons of God the same way Jesus is, then you are no better than a muslim…for that is the ONLY point where muslims differ from christian….they think christ is just another prophet.

And if we ALL have God in us now the way christ had God…then our deaths would pay for sins as well.

And they don't.

Thou means YOU, I know…but when you commit a sin… now that you have God in you…. Is “YOU” the born again spirit sinning? Or ' you' tje body giving into it's own lust?

I thought receiving the holy spirit was God dwelling in us and giving us a new spirit? I find it hard that a new God given spirit can sin.

So if Jesus says you are the only true god, and The Father says back to Jesus…your throne, O god….did God mean Jesus was a fake God? Or another God apart from him?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

RM………….You are using the same stretching and connecting that ALL TRINITARIANS us to Just their logic. But Scripture shows them wrong. I simply quoted a very specific and clear Scripture that Jesus Himself Said , and You disbelieve his words and tie other word to support you unbelief, Here i Will give it to you again, (JESUS) said (CLEARLY) ” FOR THOU ARE THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD”. No trinitarian can simply accept that statement of Jesus or they could never be a TRINITARIAN could they. So one must conclude they Profess Jesus as a “GOD”, but they deny His words. Trinitarians are simple lairs and corrupter's of the words of Jesus and GOD the FATHER also. Remember GOD said Your shall have (NO) other GOD Besides ME. RM it is simple you either believe GOD and Jesus Word or you don't, trying to make them say what in fact they do not say is only distorting the words of GOD and Jesus. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Unless one is born again of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God.[jn3]
    Seek FIRST the kingdom.[Mt6]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some speak of forgiveness as if it was magically given to all at Calvary.
    'Be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sin..'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    SEEING the kingdom is only possible through a rear vision mirror.[Jn3.3]

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2010,09:49)
    Hi,
    Some speak of forgiveness as if it was magically given to all at Calvary.
    'Be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sin..'

Nick! It would greatly help if you would give a Scripture when you make a statement. Baptism is two-fold for the forgiveness of Sins and we receive God's Holy Spirit.
    Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them:” Repent, and let every one of you be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Even though I have read Acts before sometimes we forget and or we did not see what was written before. That has more then once happened to me. That shows us also that we all learn in different stages. But it always is helpful if you give Scriptures with your statements…..is it magical? No, but on the other hand, it is a gift from God…..
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Baptism is water baptism.
    Baptism of another kind is specified.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2010,13:51)
    Hi Irene,
    Baptism is water baptism.
    Baptism of another kind is specified.

The kind that you are talking about is what John did? Since Jesus we now get Baptized in the name of :” The Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Like I said in my previous post in Acts 2:38 it is twofold we are forgiven of our Sins and we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Again you did not give any Scripture, are you stiring the pot, like my Husbnd says??????
    Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 2,421 through 2,440 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account