Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,361 through 2,380 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    That is true.
    But it does not devalue water baptism.
    Philip was sent by the Spirit to baptise the eunuch and God took him away.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Water is one of the three witnesses of 1Jn5.

Many claim to have been baptised in the Spirit and point to miracles as proof.

But miracles are not proof.[Mat 7.22, rev 13.13].

Testing the spirits is necessary as you cannot SEE the kingdom till you are born of water and the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Again you add to scripture , where does it say we can not see the kingdom until we are born of (WATER BAPTISM) my bible says water (NOT) WATER BAPTISM. What Jesus was portraying there was a Complete NEW BERTH and the Water He was refereeing to was the SPIRIT the was to be POURED out on US by GOD the FATHER. ” FOR I SHALL (POUR) FORTH OF MY (SPIRIT) UPON ALL FLESH. Think about it Nick.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 05 2010,09:22)
    Nick…….Some were Baptized with water and did not recieve the spirit until the disciples laid their hands on them and prayed over them. I also believe as Irene that it is scriptural. There is a Circumcision of the Flesh and there is circumcision of the Heart. One is only a Show and has nothing to do with the heart, It is the same with water Baptism it is a show of cleansing but cleanses nothing, the Baptism of the Spirit and Fire is what cleanse us it is given to us from the Father through Jesus Christ our lord. I am not saying water baptism is wrong but it does not change the heart or mind of a person . IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

Gene! I agree with you. I don't know what your experienced after you were Baptized and the Minister laid hands on you, but I did and I know that it was God's Holy Spirit that we received so long ago. It has changed us very much. We have learned so much since then, that without the Holy Spirit of God we would have never been able to do…..you know I kind of compare that to the New Covenant, the Law is written in our hearts rather then just the letter of the Law. I compare that with Baptism. We are changed from the inside out…and Fire, it burns when you sin. It hurts.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ May 05 2010,09:41)
    Nick………Again you add to scripture , where does it say we can not see the kingdom until we are born of (WATER BAPTISM) my bible says water (NOT) WATER BAPTISM. What Jesus was portraying there was a Complete NEW BERTH and the Water He was refereeing to was the SPIRIT the was to be POURED out on US by GOD the FATHER. ” FOR I SHALL (POUR) FORTH OF MY (SPIRIT) UPON ALL FLESH. Think about it Nick.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

G,
    You quote a verse in Jl 2 relating to the jews?
    Try jn3.

Read ACTS and see how many who believed were NOT baptised in water in the name of Jesus?

Whom should we believe-you or those who ARE proven servants?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene …………> You have it right Sis, I remember receiving the HOLY SPIRIT when it came over ME as the elders laid their hands on me and prayed over me. Great peace came over me and GOD has performed many signs and Mirciales and answered many of my prayers, he has been very merciful to me and i never forget it either and pray alway for him to forgive me and continue to guide me and help me overcome my faults.

Peace and love to you and Georg…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Our testimony about experiences and miracles counts for little.
    Be careful how you walk and teach.
    Abide in the word

terraricca
    Participant

hi

baptism of water,is to me not made to received the holy spirit.but is a symbol to serve God

Ro 8:5 Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
    Ro 8:6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;
    Ro 8:7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
    Ro 8:8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
    Ro 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

to my understanding the above scriptures are saying that the two natures have different knowledge they follow one is the flesh the other is the Spirit of God or knowledge of God,

by practice one or the other men are now divided into two ways ,

the ones following God knowledge of Christ spirit becomes free and has hope for live everlasting, the others destruction and dead,

i also notice in my live if you make Gods way your way to a fuller extend in your live you receive more blessings and more understanding,today my pad is his pad every day i thank God for the live he as given me and so extent my live one more day,i thank him for my family,i have fear to meet him ,my live is not mine it is Gods and i love to live like that ,his word in my heart on my lips and practice is will.
    i know i am nothing without him who possesses me.so i try to live for others rather than for me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    I peter 3

terraricca
    Participant

nick
    1Pe 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes our pledge in repentance and water baptism is a plea for forgiveness and inner cleansing of our cup.
    Without the inner washing in the blood man is ever an unclean vessel.
    Such vessels are not for the treasured Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Without you (PERSONAL) experience with GOD the FATHER you simply would not Know Him . Those relationships with Him are vital Proofs given us of His Personal involvement in our lives, they are paramount for our faith in Him. You could quote scripture from one end of the bible to the other and Not even be converted at all, even if you were baptized a Hundred times it would make no difference.

Nick, even Paul know that , “tell me this He that works MIRACLES among you does He do it by works of Law or by Hearing of your Faith” . A Personal relationship with the Father and Jesus is a MUST for (TRUE) Faith IMO. If you think that scriptures give you faith you are sadly mistaken . Scripture only supports our Faith but is Not what Gives it. The Pharisees thought by studying scripture it gave them Faith , but it did not . Jesus said to them “You study the scriptures , because in them you (THINK) you have life and they were those that spoke of Him but they would not come unto Him to recieve that life”. Studying Scripture is good , but a personal relationship is better by far IMO> We are told to study the scriptures to show (OURSELVES) approved unto GOD rightly dividing the Word of truth. So understanding Scripture can give us a feeling of approval, but they can not produce answers to our prayers in our times of need. You can read a book, but it will not give you a relationship with the author of that book, no matter how much you memorize it. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 05 2010,15:01)
    nick
    1Pe 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

terraricca    You can Baptize a person all you want with water, it will not give you God's Holy Spirit until the a Minister lays hands on you and you receive God's Holy Spirit.. Also the rigfht way according to Scripture is what Jesus said in
    Math; 28 :18-20
    Then Jesus came and spoke to them saying:” Go therefore and make Diciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
    verse 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have tokld you; and lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen
    It does actually end with Amen….
    Irene

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 05 2010,09:58)
    G,
    Our testimony about experiences and miracles counts for little.
    Be careful how you walk and teach.
    Abide in the word

Again Nick I disagree with you. Coming out of the Catholic Church and then going to be Baptized according to Scriptures had a big impact on my live, so why would you disgrace that???
    You too came out of the Catholic Church and you had no experience at all? If that is so then what I think is that you have not been layed hands on from a Minister….??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Indeed it is not to be confused with the blessing of the Spirit.
    But that blessing is given to God's children.[Lk11]
    You must be clothed with Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ May 05 2010,16:04)

Quote (terraricca @ May 05 2010,15:01)
    nick

terraricca    You can Baptize a person all you want with water, it will not give you God's Holy Spirit until the a Minister lays hands on you and you receive God's Holy Spirit.. Also the rigfht way according to Scripture is what Jesus said in
    Math; 28 :18-20
    Then Jesus came and spoke to them saying:” Go therefore and make Diciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
    verse 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have tokld you; and lo I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen
    It does actually end with Amen….
    Irene

georg
    you say;;
    , it will not give you God's Holy Spirit until the a Minister lays hands on you and you receive God's Holy Spirit

this is written in stone and i have never believe that to me it only was a other way,
    Ac 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Ac 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message

Ac 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.
    Ac 15:9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.

Ac 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples
    Ac 19:2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”
    They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
    Ac 19:3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”
    “John’s baptism,” they replied.
    Ac 19:4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
    Ac 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
    Ac 19:6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.
    Ac 19:7 There were about twelve men in all.

i think this was the first time it happen that a apostele placed is hand on some one and that the holy spirit was transfert to them ??

Jn 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit

those few verse show clearly that what you have declared is false, my friend

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    No the apostles were doing so in Acts 8

terraricca
    Participant

georg
    Mt 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
    Mt 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
    Mt 28:20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

LOOK HOW THE APOSTEL PAUL DESOBEY TO THE COMMAND OF CHRIST. HE ONLY BAPTIZES IN THE NAME OF LORD JESUS,

Ac 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples
    Ac 19:2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”
    They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
    Ac 19:3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”
    “John’s baptism,” they replied.
    Ac 19:4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
    Ac 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

Ac 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

IT SEEMS THAT PETER DOES NOT DO BETTER THAN PAUL IN BAPTISM HE BAPTIZE THEM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST,

Ac 8:13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.
    Ac 8:16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.

philip, as well baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

i think this answer the question

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 05 2010,16:37)
    Hi T,
    No the apostles were doing so in Acts 8

nick

yes nick read it;Ac 9:17 Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. He placed his hands on Saul. “Brother Saul,” he said, “you saw the Lord Jesus. He appeared to you on the road as you were coming here. He has sent me so that you will be able to see again. You will be filled with the Holy Spirit.”
    Ac 9:18 Right away something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes. And he could see again. He got up and was baptized.
    Ac 9:19 After eating some food, he got his strength back.

at what point thas it say that he recieved the holy spirit??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    It doesn't say.
    But the next verse says that he began preaching very soon afterwards and that ministry was in the Spirit.

The Spirit taught him Jesus was the promised son of God[Ps2]

Viewing 20 posts - 2,361 through 2,380 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account