Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,241 through 2,260 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,12:59)
    Hi T,
    Are you to judge the usefulness of God's commands?
    The apostles did not argue but baptised.

nick

i did not say that i am the judge of it ,
    i say; usefulness of it will remain to be seen,this is a question?

you say; The apostles did not argue but baptised

scriptures says;1Co 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Anyone can baptise who has been baptised so God left it to others and gave Paul the far greater role of preaching and expounding the wisdom of God.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 23 2010,03:32)
    Georg……….Remission, is another subject that has some different understandings. Like this, Say you have cancer and it went in to remission that does not mean you still do not have cancer but that it is in a remission state or not active but still present. And i think this is what is implied here we still have sin as long as we are in these bodies, but it will not control us, and with the spirit of GOD it can be put in a state of remission, sin will not be completely removes from us until these bodies are destroyed and we recieve new ones. This is why we need the covering of Christ so that our sins are continually covered by his covering given us that the same of our nakedness does not appear.  We are indeed saved by GRACE and That not of OURSELVES.

Peace and love to you and Irene……………….gene

You are quite correct Gene, water baptism forgives sins but does not take them away, the same as animal sacrifices, only faith in Christ will do that. But then, baptism is only the first step.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    So catholic dogma remains your mainstay?

When the Son sets you free you shall be free indeed.

Washed as white as snow.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,14:44)
    Hi T,
    Anyone can baptise who has been baptised so God left it to others and gave Paul the far greater role of preaching and expounding the wisdom of God.

nick

that is my point ,so it is what you do with your baptism that makes the difference for you.?

and if you have been indoctrinated with false teachings by the one who baptises you that s ok ??

and then so it is with the posing of hands

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    I just read the book of Acts and the many examples given to us by God there.
    Men prefer their own plan.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,14:57)
    Hi T,
    I just read the book of Acts and the many examples given to us by God there.
    Men prefer their own plan.

nick

are you a apostles?

act; is 2000 years gone ,and you did not answer my question?

what you try to say ;men should have fallow the scriptures this is true.

if this is what you mean let me know?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Did the role of apostle cease immediately after 1Cor 12 was written?
    Or did faith get devoured by falsehood?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,15:07)
    Hi T,
    Did the role of apostle cease immediately after 1Cor 12 was written?
    Or did faith get devoured by falsehood?

nick

what you thing;2Co 13:2 I already warned you during my second visit. I now say it again while I’m away. When I return, I won’t spare those who sinned earlier. I won’t spare any of the others either.
    2Co 13:3 You are asking me to prove that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you. He is powerful among you.
    2Co 13:4 It is true that Christ was nailed to the cross because he was weak. But he lives by God’s power. In the same way, I share his weakness. But by God’s power I will live with him to serve you.
    2Co 13:5 Take a good look at yourselves to see if you are really believers. Test yourselves. Don’t you realize that Christ Jesus is in you? Unless, of course, you fail the test

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The gift of God's Spirit is promised to all believers.[Acts 2.39]
    God has not become weak and His Spirit has not lost power.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,15:31)
    Hi T,
    The gift of God's Spirit is promised to all believers.[Acts 2.39]
    God has not become weak and His Spirit has not lost power.

nick

you change bicycle ,you do not answer you run away,

we do not discuss the power of the spirit of God ,i know that it did not change ,i live with it most of my live,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Nothing else has changed either.
    Rebirth is of water and the Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2010,17:15)
    Hi T,
    Nothing else has changed either.
    Rebirth is of water and the Spirit.

nick

ogain were is the true church so i can go to?? and be baptise and obtain those things

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Seek and you will find.
    God is always a step ahead

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………Let me give you my experience of conversion. I was baptized in the Baptist Church at the age of around 20, was totally conviencied that i was a sinner and needed forgiviness for my sins and the power of God to quite sinning, So i responded to the alter call and was totally sincerer and repentant. A week later i was (WATER) Baptized and came up out of that water soaking wet, and expecting the Holy Spirit to be given to so I would not Sin any longer, But Nothing was any different I was only Wet that is all. I left that church that day and never returned again, believing it was a scam. I continued to sin at times in my life without any change no matter how hard i tried to not sin.

About ten years later i still know i was a sinner and need GOD Help to Change my way, My Father was following the teachings of the WWCG, and ask me to read some of their material, which made sense to me, and i began to read and study the bible again and took a bible course offered by that Church. One day some minister came over to talk to me, I did not ask them to, My Father sent to over to my house. They ask me to attend their meetings and I took my family and attended , after a while they ask me to be Baptized again, i told them i already had been , they said they did not recognize other Church Baptisms , so i agreed to be baptized by them , so i was once again water Baptized and came up wet, After that, the elders laid their Hands on my Head and Prayed that GOD would give me His Spirit, and I felt the Spirit come into me exactly after they laid their hands on me and prayed over me.

So the WATER did NOTHING, but the SPIRIT I recieved AFTER by the Laying on of the hands of the elders and prayer DID. That was my experience and That is why i Say the (WATER) Baptism did nothing but the Baptism of the SPIRIT and FIRE DID. I am not saying i did not sin after that because i did and God had to sorely deal with me many times and still does, but i do believe i am better off now then when i started and believe GOD'S way are the Best for us all to follow.

So in conclusion, water baptism makes your wet and cleanses nothing but the flesh , but the baptism of the Spirits and Fire, gives us a new life and changes our hearts and minds and teaches us the WILL of GOD. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Why did you expect to be baptised in the Spirit when you came out of the water??
    That is not how Acts shows things to happen.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You were confused by false teaching.
    Now you embark on some of your own based on personal experiences?

Laurel
    Participant

Actually Jesus is not the name of the Son of Elohim (GOD). So if you were baptized in that name, you are probably still meandering about aimlessly in sin, wondering how to get over some huge obstacle that is keeping you separated from truely knowing the One True Elohim, YHWH, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

You need to be “immersed” that is full immersion and in the Name YAHUSHUA, He is the Son of YHWH Elohim, and when you are immersed in that Name, you are also immersed in the Name of ELohim, for the Son came in His Father's Name, and the Name Yahushua means….

YHWH is salvation!!!!!!!!!!:)

Laurel
    Participant

… to be immersed in any other Name is an invalid baptisim, for there is only one Son, one Father and one spirit.

The name Je_us means “the horse.”
    I know this because i own 2 “soos/seus” and i am learning to speak Hebrew.
    A soos/seus is often used when discribing the power that drives “machines” of war, like the soos is the Pharaoh's chariots. And YHWH said He will destroy all Je_us and all the chariots, you see because there is no letter “J” in Hebrew and it was only adopted as a letter in the English language in the 1600's. Before that the letter J was a “Y” and so His Name is Yahushua. And if translated PROPERLY to English it would read JOSHUA!!!!!!!!!!!!

But when we go to Latin speaking or Spanish speaking cultures HEYSUS is a very common name and it is the name they gave their god, like the female diety they worship who is called “Guadalupe” who has been recognized by the CATHOLIC church as the holy mother of “their god.”

In the Hebrew the HEY before the SOOS or SEUS means “the.”

So Je_us or Hey_oos means “the horse.”

And wouldn't you know, the pagens worshipped the horse god!

And when Constantine “developed” the so called “christian” religion, which of course he did not, since YHWH Elohim was the True Creator of Christianity, well Constantine thought to “improve” on the Creator's way of worship, and removed anything that resembled the TRUTH and the WAY and REPLACED it with PAGAN names, and doctrines! Thus we have a very MIXED RELIGION, pagan names inserted into the HOLY WRIT and man-made doctrines, customs, and holy-days to REPLACE the TRUE WAY.

If you want to be IMMERSED in the SPIRIT of the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL, you MUST do it YAH's WAY and not man's way!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi laurel,
    I disagree.
    God gave Himself the Name I AM WHO AM.

No matter which translation is used for the son of God , be it Yeshua, Yahshua , Yahushua or Jesus God understands.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,241 through 2,260 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account