Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2009,20:37)
    G,
    Scripture does not nullify water baptism as Acts shows.
    Jesus indeed does baptise with the Holy Spirit and fire but you must be born again of WATER and the Spirit.

In Acts, were they Jews or Gentiles being Baptized?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Both.
    The eunuch, the jailor, Cornelius and his team, the athenians, Simon Majus etc were not said to be Jewish.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    There is not one way for the jews and one for gentiles but all who want to can be made one in Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………many are water baptized and have not the Spirit of GOD. Water Baptism has (NO) rebirth powers, only Jesus' baptism of Holy Spirit does. Water makes you wet, HOLY SPIRIT rebirths you. When Jesus said to Nicodemus You must be born of water (AS we are BORN now) (AND) SPIRIT. He was telling him basically as you are born of water (NOW) we also must be BORN of SPIRIT. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    God did not promise that anyone would be baptised in the Spirit at water baptism.
    Nicodemus was born of water?
    When?

childbirth is not birth of water

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Demons hate the water.
    When cast out of men they seek dry places.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Wrong Child berth is a berth of WATER, a Child comes forth when a womens water Breaks. Jesus was simply saying to Nicodemus you must be Born (of) WATER as he was already (AND) SPIRIT.  TWO BERTHS , that had nothing to do with water baptism as you assume it does.

Where does scripture say “DEMONS” HATE WATER, nor have i read where a unclean Spirit is a demon of any kind. I have yet to read that, please enlighten us.   That is (NOT) the reason an unclean spirit (INTELLECT) goes about in arid places looking for rest, it goes around in arid places because it is a Spirit (intellect) and if that in not in someone its just out there but of no value, until it (intellect) goes into someone and animates then to do that influence. Nick all this misunderstanding simply because you do not understand what SPIRIT (IS)> Believe what JESUS said it was.

terraricca
    Participant

hi all
    anyone want to tell me why the gentiles should repend from sin ,without knowing God laws,when there is no law tere is no bracking of the law right ???????
    the jews on the other hand had the law ,this is why John the baptist show up to prepare the way of Christ comming,and was preaching the baptism of repentance because they had forsake the laws of their God and sin.
    it was in preparation to rebuilt the new temple the one not made from bricks but from living stones.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So Jesus said you must be born of the murky waters of childbirth. How odd.
    No we are to be washed in pure water.[Heb10]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The apostles in Acts baptised all in water who responded to the message.
    Nothing has changed.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    first you don't answer the question,
    secondly pure water there no liquid water who can purify you,it is the words of the Lord by first recieve it and then apply them in you live that purify s you ,because by changing your old way of live to the new way of live in harmony with the will of God that purify's you.
    the same way that it say s “the man who accomplish the law will live by the law” it is by doing not only by believing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    It is not the water that makes men clean but repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus is a plea for the inner washing by the blood of the lamb.[1 peter3]
    You need the three witnesses[1Jn5.6-8]

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    the ceremonial law is not transmit from the Jews to the christians,1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
    1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
    1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
    1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
    1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
    1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
    1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
    1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

it seems you mind is made up that the religion of making prozelites is stonger in you than the truth of Gods Word so be it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Have you not read ACTS?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You have to be reborn of water and the Spirit to become NEWBORNS.
    Then Peter's teaching applies to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    Folks who have heard of Jesus often claim a relationship with him.
    But it is those that he knows who do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You must be clothed in Jesus in baptism[Gal3]
    We do not enter the holy place dressed in rags[Zech 3]
    Neither do we enter the wedding feast so badly attired[mt22]

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    your rags are your old personality ,if you keep them on and or only change a part of you self,this mean you have not commit your self fully to Christ or his Father.
    washing will not help you no matter how many times you dip your self into it.
    it is the deed of the faith what proves your faith not the water,ceremonial dont save.
    we all have been baptise through Noah in the flood,but we dont all have the deeds of righteousness what saves us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Really?

Ceremonies do not save as Simon Magus proved.
    But obedience is important.

LORD LORD…I do not know you

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    every religion batptises for there on cause not for God or Christ if they would have done so they would not be so rich in earthly whealt but in heavenly whealt,and all there diciples would not be looking for truth like sheep with no food to eat.and they would help the truth to grow and free of errors and false teachings.
    I have been baptised many times in religion sects but i don't believe it did any thing to be saved,today in my heart and soul and consience i know that Christ is with me because what ever i do i think i do trough Him.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,141 through 2,160 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account