Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,101 through 2,120 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So just magic really and no faith or repentance required.
    Formula salvation?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………To put your trust that water baptism makes you right with GOD is Pure foolishness , It takes the Baptism of CHRIST JESUS to make one right. IT IS OF SPIRIT AND FIRE, No other BAPTISM will change you (AT ALL). Water does (NOT) change a man Heart it is the SPIRIT of GOD the CHANGES IT> IMO

peace and love……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Did Peter lie at Pentecost or is this one of your own doctrines?

peter never lied

in acts 19:3-5

And he said unto them,Unto what were you baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said paul, John verly baptized with the baptism of repentance, syin unto the people, that they should believe on him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

A thought: When Jesus said you must be born of water and spirit to see the Kingdom of God you might want to look at the possibility that he was referring to being born into this physical world. You are born physically through a woman in water. I perceive at that point a human is dead to Spirit knowledge and begins his or her trek of learning in physicallity. The fetus, baby, child and continued growth progression is created by the individual, picking and choosing what to believe and accept as life. As they grow, see, feel, think, smell, hear, and taste they perceive life and believe it to be what they are experiencing. Their surroundings have a huge impact in what they choose to believe.They are becoming what they choose to believe is life/Truth to them. As life goes on they build their mentality based on differing viewpoints which change perceptions and alter beliefs which are who a person is. What a person believes he is, he is! From a point in this physical creation by choice, if a person hears the Spirit of God within calling and is drawn to that knowledge. To learn Spirit he must die(put off the physical knowledge) of that self and be raised up or born again(mentally) to the True knowledge of the Spirit from which he came originally! A person can't come to God less the Spirit call him because he doesn't even know about the Spirit until the knowledge is presented. One who continues to grow in Gods Spirit is returning to the light from where he came. Hes going back home! Bless all, TK

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Sep. 20 2009,02:03)
    A thought: When Jesus said you must be born of water and spirit to see the Kingdom of God you might want to look at the possibility that he was referring to being born into this physical world. You are born physically through a woman in water. I perceive at that point a human is dead to Spirit knowledge and begins his or her trek of learning in physicallity. The fetus, baby, child and continued growth progression is created by the individual, picking and choosing what to believe and accept as life. As they grow, see, feel, think, smell, hear, and taste they perceive life and believe it to be what they are experiencing. Their surroundings have a huge impact in what they choose to believe.They are becoming what they choose to believe is life/Truth to them. As life goes on they build their mentality based on differing viewpoints which change perceptions and alter beliefs which are who a person is. What a person believes he is, he is! From a point in this physical creation by choice, if a person hears the Spirit of God within calling and is drawn to that knowledge. To learn Spirit he must die(put off the physical knowledge) of that self and be raised up or born again(mentally) to the True knowledge of the Spirit from which he came originally! A person can't come to God less the Spirit call him because he doesn't even know about the Spirit until the knowledge is presented. One who continues to grow in Gods Spirit is returning to the light from where he came. Hes going back home! Bless all, TK

This is the weakness of Sola Scriptura. If all we have is the written page and our own understandings to go on…we could come up with several possible meanings for this verse when it says “water”:

1. Water Baptism

2. Amniotic fluid (human birth)

3. Spiritual water

4. The water from Christ's side on the cross

The point is, without the teachings of the Church that Scripture is a part of you could go in circles. You all should read Mandy's latest post. She's the one being honest.

I for one am finished with all of the doubt. It leads to despair. I should know….

Not3in1
    Participant

Hey CA,

Doubt does lead to dispair. You know of where you speak, I am also no stranger to this condition. After years and years of searching and circles……

But I can honestly tell you that the peace you feel in your solution to the problem, I also feel in my solution to the problem. Where you have dug deeper and cleave to religion (I dare say joining the 'Mother' of them all – pun intended but not disrespect), I have walked away from the traditions, dried ink, and organized religion.

My earnest struggle can be found within all of these forums. My letting go of it all can also be tracked. One night I went through the history of my posts and I could see exactly the moment when I let go…….

I am more peaceful now than I have ever been in my life.

I think that is why I am more intrigued with your journey than any other – you and I took the opposite roads – and yet we've ended up in the same place. I find that so curious.

Sigh….. God. The Bible. Church. Heaven. Hell. Satan. Saved. Not saved. Doctrine. Traditions. Men. Books. Motives. Human nature. Truth. Life. Death. Confusion. Despair. Joy. Acceptance. Peace. Me.

I've come full circle. Finally, I'm home again.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Bump for CA.
    I just wanted to make sure you got my response.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 20 2009,07:10)
    Hey CA,

Doubt does lead to dispair.  You know of where you speak, I am also no stranger to this condition.  After years and years of searching and circles……

But I can honestly tell you that the peace you feel in your solution to the problem, I also feel in my solution to the problem.  Where you have dug deeper and cleave to religion (I dare say joining the 'Mother' of them all – pun intended but not disrespect), I have walked away from the traditions, dried ink, and organized religion.

My earnest struggle can be found within all of these forums.  My letting go of it all can also be tracked.  One night I went through the history of my posts and I could see exactly the moment when I let go…….

I am more peaceful now than I have ever been in my life.  

I think that is why I am more intrigued with your journey than any other – you and I took the opposite roads – and yet we've ended up in the same place.  I find that so curious.

Sigh…..  God.  The Bible.  Church.  Heaven.  Hell.  Satan.  Saved.  Not saved.  Doctrine.  Traditions.  Men.  Books.  Motives.  Human nature.  Truth.  Life.  Death.  Confusion.  Despair.  Joy.  Acceptance.  Peace.  Me.

I've come full circle.  Finally, I'm home again.

Love,
    Mandy

Let's pick up on personal email. I think it would be helpful at this point to have a heart to heart chat. I'm thinking it would be good to do this in a format where Nick or whoever isn't busting into the middle.

Looking forward to it,

CA

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Amniotic fluid is not PURE WATER.
    Forgiveness of sin is not by magic rituals.

forgiveness is in no way magic

so lets just listen to Jesus and His apostles.

where in the bible were they baptized except in Jesus name after the day of pentecost?
    I dont find it

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 11 2009,05:14)
    so lets just listen to Jesus and His apostles.

where in the bible were they baptized except in Jesus name after the day of pentecost?
    I dont find it

What verse of the Bible says that all truth that is apostolic was recorded in the Bible?

You have a false premise.

You're not only a Sabellian…

You are a Lutheran…..long live Sola Scriptura….is that your rallying cry?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Would you offer another as substitute-that all the foolish teachings of catholicism are the missing words of Jesus put on paper?

Jesus name is the only name to be saved by

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 14 2009,06:22)

To my kids, my name is Daddy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You must be reborn from above.
    Catholic rituals just get you wet.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 14 2009,06:24)

Jesus is my daddy and if we do noot take on His name in baptism and take in when we get the Holy Ghost then we are none of His ( in my opinion)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Oct. 14 2009,06:33)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 14 2009,06:24)

Jesus is my daddy and if we do noot take on His name in baptism and take in when we get the Holy Ghost then we are none of His ( in my opinion)

Much of what you believe is your opinion.

I'll take the opinion of the apostles and fathers any day over your or my opinion.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,101 through 2,120 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account