Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,061 through 2,080 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Jesus said the (WORDS) (ARE) SPIRIT and life, when are you going to start believing Him. Denying what Jesus said will only cause you problems Nick, and you should not impose your ideas on sacred scriptures either, you need to except His teachings. not try to impose our own views. IMO

peace and love……………………gene

datguy
    Participant

Peace be unto you all in the name of God the father and our Lord Jesus Christ. No doubt there is one baptism, one faith one lord etc… This one baptism means that there is only one way to be baptised , that is in the name of Jesus. Nick is correct the apostle's did not do their own thing but were taught all things by the Holy Ghost. The doctrine of Christ and the apostle's is the doctrine that christians are suppose to be walking in. The book of Acts has multiple occurances where the apostle's baptized with water namely with Cornelius and with the Eunuch. Acts chapter 8 verses 37,38. The eunuch asked what hinders him from being baptized, and after confessing that Jesus is the Christ/ Son of God he was baptized with water. Paul wrote in his letters if anyone brings any other doctrine that what they the apostle's have taught even if it were an angel of God ( Understanding that Satan can appear in the glory of an angel of God) you should rebuke that doctrine. following in the apostle's doctrine is essential for by that do we judge what is and is not of God and of his Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks and welcome DG,
    A little refreshment from the Lord.
    This site is a window on the world's ideas so those of scripture are usually unpopular.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DG……………..go and read what John about Jesus, and then read what He said to him when he came to be baptized by Him at the Jordan, think about , why and what John meant when He said to Jesus I HAVE NEED TO BE BAPTIZED BY YOU> What baptism was John talking about? (the baptism of the Spirit).

Peace and lov eto you and yours………………………gene

datguy
    Participant

Gene, there is a baptism of the spirit, I'm not disagreeing. Your points of cleaning inside the cup are also correct but it does not stand alone. Why are we suppose to be baptized in the name of Jesus, this is the simple answer, because the apostle's did so not of their own accord but by christ through the Holy spirit as was promised. I realise that you acknowledge that they did baptize with water, so why shouldn't we now…. where in the word says it is no longer required? Christ came to fulfill the law ie no longer did they have need to sacrifice lambs but he took that place, no longer did they need to go to priest to interceed for them but Christ assumed the role as the highpriest before God for us. No longer was confessing sins to John's baptism needed but baptism by water and Spirit in the name of the Lord Jesus. They go hand in hand..don't they?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

datguy……….Being Baptized with water has nothing to do with being baptized with HOLY SPIRIT and FIRE, the baptism of Christ. John said i indeed baptize with WATER (BUT) he who comes after me will baptize you with Spirit and FIRE. That is the baptism that really counts brother not water, that is why John said I have need to be Baptized by YOU, He understood that. Don't be sucked into a false baptism brother. that never did produce anything in a persons life, its the Baptism of the SPIRIT that really counts brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi datguy,
    Welcome to Heaven Net. Good to see you here. I want to ask you one small question; if water Baptism is the one Baptism that Paul is talking about in Eph 4, what about this Baptism in the Spirit which he mentions in 1 Cor 12 ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

datguy………..Forgot to welcome you to the site, welcome Brother.

Peace and love to you and yours…………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……sense the subject is understanding water baptism, i would like to answer some simple question. What and when was this kind of baptism started in the first place. What does Baptism symbolize in the first place.

I give you my opinion…..> in the old testament before a person could come before the Lord he had to be cleansed. of any contamination which would make him unclean. So Baths were set up all around the Temple where a person could come and be cleansed (Physically), but this physical cleansing represented a (Spiritual principle) that GOD was showing carnal minded Israel. God was making a destination between the clean and the unclean things, even with there foods, impressing on the minds of the Israelites the importance of avoiding being contaminated or defiled by these things. But why was He doing that anyway, It was to teach them to make a distinction between the clean and acceptable things of GOD, and the unclean and unacceptable things. It also taught if a person did get defiled that he could be cleansed from this defilement by being washed, and could by avoiding things that could defile Him. The whole lesson was about making a distinction between GOOD and EVIL. So physical washing or Baptisms were introduced to show a (SPIRITUAL) Principle, But we all know that the Physical washing could never take away the uncleanness in the Hearts and Mind of Man, The only thing that could do that was a (SPIRITUAL CLEANSING) and that required a washing or Baptism of HOLY SPIRIT, with Fire (Judgments) to accomplish. While physical baptism does show a picture of a Spiritual process it is never the real thing. There is only one true baptism and that is of the SPIRIT. IMO

peace and love to all…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 16 2009,19:24)
    Hi datguy,
    Welcome to Heaven Net. Good to see you here. I want to ask you one small question; if water Baptism is the one Baptism that Paul is talking about in Eph 4, what about this Baptism in the Spirit which he mentions in 1 Cor 12 ?

Hi GM.
    There is one baptism-water.
    It is the type of all other baptisms.
    Baptism in the Spirit unites men in Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..The Baptism of the SPIRIT (Jesus' Baptism) changes you , water doesn't change anything. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (k4c @ Nov. 17 2005,08:56)
    Sorry for all the type O's…

kc4truth: Forget the typo's! Your post about Baptism is honest truthful, to the point, well written. Spiritual understanding of the words of Christ which I consider to be being born again or re-creating the mind from physical interpretation to spiritual interpretation or undestanding and seeing is the most needed teaching in the Church world today.Thank you, TK

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 17 2009,04:14)
    To All……sense the subject is understanding water baptism, i would like to answer some simple question. What and when was this kind of baptism started in the first place. What does Baptism  symbolize in the first place.

I give you my opinion…..> in the old testament before a person could come before the Lord he had to be cleansed. of any contamination which would make him unclean. So Baths were set up all around the Temple where a person could come and be cleansed (Physically), but this physical cleansing represented a (Spiritual principle) that GOD was showing carnal minded Israel. God was making a destination between the clean and the unclean things, even with there foods, impressing on the minds of the Israelites the importance of avoiding being contaminated or defiled by these things. But why was He doing that anyway, It was to teach them to make a distinction between the clean and acceptable things of GOD, and the unclean and unacceptable things. It also taught if a person did get defiled that he could be cleansed from this defilement by being washed, and could by avoiding things that could defile Him. The whole lesson was about making a distinction between GOOD and EVIL. So physical washing or Baptisms were introduced to show a (SPIRITUAL) Principle, But we all know that the Physical washing could never take away the uncleanness in the Hearts and Mind of Man, The only thing that could do that was a (SPIRITUAL CLEANSING) and that required a washing or Baptism of HOLY SPIRIT, with Fire (Judgments) to accomplish. While physical baptism does show a picture of a Spiritual process it is never the real thing. There is only one true baptism and that is of the SPIRIT. IMO

peace and love to all…………………………..gene

Amen Gene, I whole heartily agree with your post!!

Love to you, Jodi

gsilva72
    Participant

Your sins are not remitted if you are not Baptised. Acts 2:38 Repent and be BAPTISED in the name of Jesus Christ for the REMISSION OF SINS…

How and unto what were you baptized?

I was in the baptist church and baptized in the titles of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost matt 28:19
    then after talking with my pastor in the apostolic church I realized baptizm in Jesus name was nessasary acts 2:38

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    The book of Acts shows us it is baptism in the name of Jesus that is true.[Acts 19]

eveh
    Participant

Yep, that is the way I was baptised because I read the book of Acts before I started to church. I was looking for a church that did it the way they did it in the bible. That is also the reason why I have received the Holy Ghost with the evidense of speaking in tongues. Because that is what they did. :)

My sister in law's preacher, baptises in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost and in the name of Jesus. I don't think that works but my sister in law was relieved. She wasn't sure what was right when she got baptised so that made her feel better. Do you know of any other preacher that does this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Eve,
    Anyone in Jesus can do it as it is the joy of Jesus brother's to serve in this way.
    Some are washed in the Word like the apostles[Jn15]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

eveh……….water baptism get you wet, baptism of SPIRIT Get you saved. Remembered when Jesus came to John and John said I have need to be baptized by you, what did John mean, He had previously said I indeed Baptize with water but He who comes after me will baptize wit SPIRIT and FIRE. You can be baptized in water a thousand times it means nothing , you must be baptized (submerge) in HOLY SPIRIT in order to be saved. Water changes nothing HOLY SPIRIT does Change you. The old system used by the Jews for centuries of water baptism for purification does nothing, as Peter said not the putting of the filth of the flesh that counted. IMO

peace and love………………..gene

Anyone who baptizes in more than one way I believe it to be wrong and so does God, I heard of a preacher who asked how do you want to be baptized? And did whatever the answer was eveh. ???

The water baptism symbolises the death burial and resurrection where you can walk in newness of life. :laugh:

Viewing 20 posts - 2,061 through 2,080 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account