How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 09 2008,15:32)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,14:43)
    Hi GB,
    The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.
    Who was that word?

Nick..> after all this talk about about words do you still think a word can actually become a piece of flesh, words are spirit they are not flesh and they can not become flesh either, can't you see that.

sigh

Hi GB,
    We have to get over the HOW which belongs to God.
    The Word that was with God was GOD

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick …… If you can't answer the HOW then there can never be any change so, I am sorry i disagree on that, well just have to agree we disagree OK.

peace……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Do we have to limit scripture to what you can understand?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….your the one who doesn't know the How not me.It would seem you want to limit scripture to what you understand not me, I am open to what ever You understand, but that doesn't mean i agree with you at all, and on this subject i just do not agree with you Nick. Thats why i said we should agree to disagree on it. Your not going to change my mind at least what you have said so far anyway. I feel just fine with my understanding and believe it totally right. In fact i know it is or i wouldn't stand so strong on it.Look i respect you beliefs i just don't agree with all of them.

Peace to you……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    My TOO HARD BASKET has shelves.
    Plenty of time to sort out what can be known.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,15:54)
    Hi GM,
    Do we have to limit scripture to what you can understand?

Hi Nick,
    I never said that you are putting your own words there. Your words are nothing but yourself in the same way God's word belong to God alone. How can you create another God when there is only one God which was confirmed by Jesus? See Jn 5:44, “There is only One God”. You are wrong my friend when you create more than one God by your misinterpretation of scriptures and at same time you blame others.
    Take care
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    FOR US there is one God, the Father.

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes Nick He is the one and Only God (Jn 17:3, Jn 5:44). Do you have any doubts my friends?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    For us there is one God..

gollamudi
    Participant

I have already told told you that you don't believe in one and only God you believe more than one.
    Please stop this silence killing of time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    God is one.
    But many are called gods.

gollamudi
    Participant

I know you want to follow the so called Gods including god of this world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Is it christian to speak this way?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 10 2008,06:51)
    Hi GM,
    God is one.
    But many are called gods.

Hi Nick, see your self what you quote repeatedly which one is important true God or so called?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    It is fine to correct falsehoods but we should treat brothers better that you seem to do.

gollamudi
    Participant

Don't you get irritated when somebody wants to pinch you?

gollamudi
    Participant

OH! sorry I meant somebody wants give pain to you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Scripture does make it plain that the Father is our God if we belong to Jesus.

gollamudi
    Participant

I agree my brother.

Artizan007
    Participant

I was given this by my lecturer – I found it interesting how conclusions are made in this statement.

John's Prologue Uncovered…
    God the Word (1c), who was eternally with God (1b, 2), at his very side (18b), brought everything into existence (3, 10b), including the world (11a) and its people (9). He who is very God (1c) intended to come to that which he created and so had a witness precede
    him to testify about his coming (6). John’s testimony was enigmatic; he (Jesus) comes after me yet surpasses me because he was before me (15), yet forthose accepting of the fact that Jesus is God, not difficult to untangle. As John predicted, the eternal Logos (1) who made everything (10b) came into the world specifically by becoming flesh (14a), that
    is truly human, and making his dwelling with those he had created (14b). For those who will accept it, this tabernacling of God with his people surpasses any OT precedent (cf., 1:17) so that we now see the true glory (Shekinah) of God (14c), the true explanation or exegesis of God from one who knows him best, the one who is literally in his lap (18b). Jesus is the best video God ever had taken of himself (18a), in it the invisible became visible! Because humans, unlike God, can only be localized in space and time, Jesus came to his own creation localized in coming to the Jewish people (11), but, though given their very existence by him, they in large measure rejected him (10-11). True to John’s witness that the Logos would be the instrument through whom all humans regardless of ethnicity might believe (7b), all who received him who believed in his name are given the authority to become the children of God (12). While God’s gracious gift of the law had come through Moses, Moses’ superior has thus brought superior grace and truth (17).”

Enjoy

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account