God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 07 2013,06:37)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 07 2013,00:39)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 07 2013,00:32)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 06 2013,19:41)
    Hi Kerwin,

Just exactly how is it 'deception' to not tell somebody something?  this makes no sense.
    We can always start a thread on this if you cannot answer in one or two posts.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J,

God speaks by his Spirit, which is the Spirit of love.
    -His Law is summed up as Love.
    -He states not to add to his Law.
    -He also states not to subtract(omit) from his his Law.

Your point is that you believe lying infers you are doing something. I am calling “half truths”, lying by omission.

k

God speaks by his Spirit, which is the Spirit of love.
    -His Law is summed up as Love.

could you explain that ???

T,

I am assuming you know Scripture well enough to know what passages I am referring to.

There are more than one passage that teach us God's Law is summed up in the command to love.

Given that we determine that the Spirit is Love because its fruit is obedience to the Law, and that is being Loving.

Its Gods Spirit and since the prophets spoke as carried along by it, how much more God himself.

Every Word Jehovah utters is Loving.  When he commanded Abraham to sacrifice Issac the command was loving as it also was when he pardoned Issac and gave Abraham an animal to sacrifice in his place.

K

if I would think like you then I would assume most of my knowledge and so never be sure of it that it is in scriptures ,

but more so the understanding of it ,

it seems to me you are still much confused in who God his ,

God his not a man and does not sing love song ,nor does he tell love stories ,ALLEGORIES ,YES,to make it hidden until it is time to reveal it .

God being his in the format of SPIRIT our his in the format of FLESH ,

God ,thinks,make decisions and execute or give them to be executed,and this is called GOD'S WILL ,;;THIS HIS CALLED THE SPIRIT OF GOD ;;

HIS HOLY SPIRIT SEEMS TO BE PART OF THE EXECUTOR OF HIS WILL.

MAN; thinks,as a mind ,HEART AND SOUL of his own ,make decisions AND TRY TO EXECUTE THEM ; THIS IS CALLED THE SPIRIT OF MAN

THE CONFLICT BETWEEN MAN AND GOD LAYS IN THE DIFFERENCE OF WILLS,

MAN WILL IS ORIENTED FOR HIMSELF,AND SO DESTRUCTIVE,

GOD WILL IS ORIENTED FOR ALL CREATION INTEREST THIS HIS TRUE LOVE IN THIS WAY YES GOD HIS LOVE IN ALL HE DOES ,

DID I HELP YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE LOVE OF GOD ???

GOD ALSO WILL DESTROY ANYONE THAT WILL NOT COMPLY WITH HIS WILL OF LOVE ,BUT IT HIS BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE THAT HE DOES IT .GOT IT ???

terraricca
    Participant

Faith!

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelled your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I hope you have enjoyed this conversation. By the way, that student was EINSTEIN.

david
    Participant

It absolutely wasn't Einstein.

This story never happened and it DEFINITELY didn't happen with Einstein.  This story surfaced, what 10 years ago?   It originally didn't have Einstein connected to it.  A couple years later, someone added Einstein to make the story better.  

If it did happen with Einstein, why did it only surface a few years back?

And if it did happen with Einstein, why did the story exist on the Internet for 2 or 3 years without Einstein?  (I can't see that happening)

And if it is a true story, where is one single note or instance of this story existing before 10 or so years ago?   This story isn't found in any of einsteins notes or any of his friends notes.  It was simply made up.  

(I researched this a while ago.  I might be way off with the 10 years.  Maybe it was 12.)

david
    Participant

Another reason many point to this being made up is the science ideas expressed about heat/cold, light/ dark. The science people say in stein would never say those things, saying there are inaccuracies in those ideas.

But even so, logically, there is no reason to believe This happened to Einstein. I could make up a similar story right now.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Regardless of who wrote it, the point is still valid. Even if Ed J wrote it, it would still be valid because the points stand on their own.

Darkness is the lack of light. Hate is the lack of love. The lack of God is horrible if you ask me. But God allowed us to choose God or not. That is the reality of our existence. We see godly things and we see evil things.

But in the end, that which is of God remains and that which is not of him, will be burned in the fire to suffer destruction.

terraricca
    Participant

david

It absolutely wasn't Einstein.

agreed ,but is it important ?? NO

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 12 2013,08:38)
    Regardless of who wrote it, the point is still valid. Even if Ed J wrote it, it would still be valid because the points stand on their own.

Darkness is the lack of light. Hate is the lack of love. The lack of God is horrible if you ask me. But God allowed us to choose God or not. That is the reality of our existence. We see godly things and we see evil things.

But in the end, that which is of God remains and that which is not of him, will be burned in the fire to suffer destruction.

you got that right :)

david
    Participant

If you are trying to reveal a great truth, you should not base it on a lie.

(Every time I've heard this story, the person passing it on believed it was Einstein. It doesn't help credibility if you just accept what you want to be true and repeat it without question)

seekingtruth
    Participant

David,
    “If you are trying to reveal a great truth, you should not base it on a lie.”

Isn't this the same thing I said to you about the parable on Lazarus? Might of been someone else.

Wm

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 13 2013,09:27)

(Every time I've heard this story, the person passing it on believed it was Einstein.  It doesn't help credibility if you just accept what you want to be true and repeat it without question)

David

don't get stacked on the last phrase of that conversation ;and lose all truth of it ; is it because you find something wrong in men s translation of the scriptures that you are going to give up on the truth of God's word ???? I hope you do not such a thing ,

sure it takes a little more research and work but we get it ,I only found out after that I post it that that last phrase was untrue and said so next quote'

kerwin
    Participant

To  all,

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

The answer is in the question though no one in this hypothetical conversation  saw it.

Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill

Bad things proof the hearts of men.

God is striving to heal the ill spirits of man.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 13 2013,11:28)
    To  all,

The answer is in the question though no one in this hypothetical conversation  saw it.

K

you miss understood the story ,I guess

read it again

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 13 2013,21:29)

To  all,

K

read it again

T and all,

The hypothetical seems to be designed to advance the cause of blind faith.

I instead believe in inspired faith.

My soul knows God exists and is Loving and instructs and orders me to be Loving.  I was created knowing them though they were concealed by my corrupt spirit and required God to refine me to obtain.

This is a conversation about God and not about me.

david
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 13 2013,14:55)
    David,
    “If you are trying to reveal a great truth, you should not base it on a lie.”

Isn't this the same thing I said to you about the parable on Lazarus? Might of been someone else.

Wm

I don't think e Lazarus parable was based on a real person. How could it be? But regardless, if I create a story and say: “there was a man named joe….” It doesn't really matter if I made up the name.

But if I said: “one day the pope…” Or, “the president said.” When using real people, it's wrong to say they said things they didn't.

It was an ok story without the lie.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 13 2013,17:27)

(Every time I've heard this story, the person passing it on believed it was Einstein.  It doesn't help credibility if you just accept what you want to be true and repeat it without question)

Sure it doesn't help david, but men tend to judge by the outward appearance while God looks at the heart. How many were able to read that and see the truth in the words, and how many jumped on the fact that Einstein didn't write it and thus debunked what was written. My guess is that most do the latter.

As I said before, even if Ed J wrote that, I would respect it just for the message alone.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2013,11:44)
    I hope you have enjoyed this conversation.

I sure did. Thanks for posting that, Pierre. :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 14 2013,01:05)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 13 2013,21:29)

To  all,

K

read it again

T and all,

The hypothetical seems to be designed to advance the cause of blind faith.

My soul knows God exists and is Loving and instructs and orders me to be Loving.  I was created knowing them though they were concealed by my corrupt spirit and required God to refine me to obtain.

This is a conversation about God and not about me.

K

could explain this to me ,???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 14 2013,07:58)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2013,11:44)
    I hope you have enjoyed this conversation.

I sure did.  Thanks for posting that, Pierre.  :)

:)

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 14 2013,12:48)

Sure it doesn't help david, but men tend to judge by the outward appearance while God looks at the heart. How many were able to read that and see the truth in the words, and how many jumped on the fact that Einstein didn't write it and thus debunked what was written. My guess is that most do the latter.

As I said before, even if Ed J wrote that, I would respect it just for the message alone.

No one!!! No one!!!! Virtually no one ever does. I've heard this story a few times. People don't question it because they want it to be Einstein. We could probably discuss this on here for a year and no one would question it except for stu. (And me, because it doesn't make sense and seems to good to be true)

The first couple times I heard it, even I didn't think about Einstein being questionable.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 14 2013,09:01)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 14 2013,12:48)

No one!!!  No one!!!!   Virtually no one ever does.   I've heard this story a few times.   People don't question it because they want it to be Einstein.   We could probably discuss this on here for a year and no one would question it except for stu.  (And me, because it doesn't make sense and seems to good to be true)

The first couple times I heard it, even I didn't think about Einstein being questionable.

David

You are stuck on Einstein ,he his irrelevant to the story,

Just like the allegory of the cave from Socratis ,

The entire story is pulled appart by the mind of people
    Christian alike

Understand the story ,end of story,wen you read a story and you understood it well then you can make it yours it would not matter were it comes from,

It is the truth that we accumulate that make us better not the names of people,they die and are forgotten,

But the story remains for all to learn,

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account