Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,001 through 3,020 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ……..WRONG I HAVE OVER AND OVER ASK PEOPLE TO PRODUCE A SINGLE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS OUR WILLS THEMSELVES ARE FREE, and to answer your question on WHAT IS HOLDING YOUR WILL CAPTIVE ?, YOUR THOUGHTS ARE. AND WHY?, BECAUSE THEY ARE YOUR THOUGHTS, NO ONE ELSE’S THOUGHTS ARE.

Also rather the man in your posted video believes in God or not is not what we were talking about.

Peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You say YOU have a captive will, well, WHO or WHAT is holding YOUR will captive.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…….The same as yours , your thoughts hold you captive.
    Ever desire which is the true expression of your WILL comes from a influenced source which is hardly free

Edj…….go back an listen to your posted vedio, and this time try to understand what he is saying with an open mind.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Did Jesus have a captive will when he stated not as I will but as you will?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….Jesus understood his will was different then God the Father’s will, but the Spirit of God’s will, that was in him was greater then his will or desire was. Jesus is held captive to his will just as we are, but as scripture says, ” For He (God) works “IN” us “BOTH” to “WILL” (and) do of his good pleasure. ” God’s spirit produces his will “IN” us . Also remember it says,”God does all things after the “council” of His WILL”, now if God’s WILL is a counciled WILL, then it also is not FREE, but a counciled WILL, SO THEN HIS will is influenced by his seven spirit, called the “Seven Spirits of God”. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You say YOU have a captive will, well, WHO or WHAT is holding YOUR will captive.

Edj…….The same as yours , your thoughts hold you captive.

Hi Gene,

If YOUR thoughts are holding YOU captive I suggest you use your “Free Will” and follow Shaool’s advice:

“whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure,
    whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
    think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, DO:
    and the God of peace shall be with you.” (Phil 4:8-9)

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj…….I have no problem with that and I agree with it, why because the spirit of my heavenly Father that abides in me influences me to.

Peace and love to you and yours…………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Free Will

Proclaimer
    Participant

Gene, free will relies on the premise that we are compelled by things to choose. We are led and encouraged by the Spirit. We are tempted by the Devil. We are seduced by the flesh. And what makes us choose among these is the one we love the most. Sure we engage in all three in life, but ultimately how we choose to live determines the person we have chosen to become. This is why God makes us accountable. In fact, all is given to us. All that we actually own is our will. It is what makes us unique.

Your view is we are robots programmed to obey the strongest program. In that scenario, we would not be accountable for our choices. This thinking leads to dangerous territory too. “Your honour, I had no choice when I stole the defendant’s wallet. There is no free will. I was not able to choose not to do it.”.

I now await your rebuttal which you will try to convince me to choose to believe your view. Therein lies the irony of this debate. lol.

kerwin
    Participant

To all.

Is my will free from control.

Jesus said not as I will but as you will.

That is a choice he made.

His choice was to subject his will to God’s so God did not control it already or there would have been no need to subject it.

On the other side of the issue Jesus said that he came to free those that were servants of sin and anyone that sins is a servant of sin. If you need to be freed then you are bound and those that are bound and not free to choose.

There is more on both sides of the issue.

terraricca
    Participant

K

that is a very good point you are making there ” If you need to be freed then you are bound and those that are bound and not free to choose.”

but you forgot to mention of what is the freedom that Christ would bring ?

it is not for us to have the ability to become ;HOLY/RIGHTEOUS/BLAMELESS /APROVED/RIGHT FOR THOSE THING COULD BE ACHIVE WITHOUT CHRIST SACRIFICE ;

SO WHAT IS IT THAT CHRIST CAME TO DELIVER US FROM ? IS IT NOT THE BURDEN OF ADAM SIN OF DEAD ? YES IT IS ,SO YOUR SUPOSITION AS NO BEARING ON THE FREEDOM OF OUR WILL, BUT ON THE FACT TO RECEIVE A BETTER LIFE

kerwin
    Participant

T,

Jesus said he came to free us from serving sin. He then said anyone who sins is a servant of sin.

In Romans 6 Paul speaks of those who have been immersed as having been freed from being servants of sin and having the ability to become servants of righteousness. It seems reasonable that a person who does not sin is a servant of righteousness. From Paul’s words a Christan who has been immersed has the ability to choose one or the other.

terraricca
    Participant

k

Jesus did not come to tell us don’t do this or that ,that was the law job ,

what we could not do for ourselves is free us from the sin of Adam meaning dead ; and return to dust ,

so Christ came for a few things beside the one i just mention ,he came to call a few men to be with him in heaven and so become sons of God in heaven ,two fulfilling the law and the prophets (this was to make sure he was the true messiah )

he also call on all men to chose him as the true mediator before his God and father ,to pleade in our favor if we serve his father and our father and God ,

in this way we still have our free will to serve or not to serve God ,of cause when we talking as a servant the only choice we have is to pick our own master right ;GOD or SIN

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……. Pierre , then what does this mean to you brother,  “NO” man “CAN”, COME UNTO ME” except the Father  “Draw” him.”.

Kerwin is right I believe on this one Pierre. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

T,

Jesus did not come to tell us don’t do this or that ,that was the law job ,

what we could not do for ourselves is free us from the sin of Adam meaning dead ; and return to dust ,

Jesus came to save us from our own sins not from Adam’s. Adam is the only won that is guilty of his own sin. We did not inherit his guilt as some claim. We do inherit the effects of his sin and one of those effects is that we are by nature servants of sin. Jesus came to save us from continuing to be servants to sin. He will also save creation from being a servant of corruption. These things are all written.

Matthew 1:21New English Translation (NET Bible)

21 She will give birth to a son and you will name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

John 8:31-36New English Translation (NET Bible)

31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, “If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 “We are descendants of Abraham,” they replied, “and have never been anyone’s slaves! How can you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them, “I tell you the solemn truth, everyone who practices sin is a slave of sin. 35 The slave does not remain in the family forever, but the son remains forever. 36 So if the son sets you free, you will be really free.

Romans 6:16-20New English Translation (NET Bible)

16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or obedience resulting in righteousness? 17 But thanks be to God that though you were slaves to sin, you obeyed from the heart that pattern of teaching you were entrusted to, 18 and having been freed from sin, you became enslaved to righteousness. 19 (I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh.) For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification. 20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free with regard to righteousness.

You will not find anywhere in Scripture the teaching that we bear Adam’s sin.

This is where the teaching of the original sin came from

402 All men are implicated in Adam’s sin, as St. Paul affirms: “By one man’s disobedience many (that is, all men) were made sinners”: “sin came into the world through one man and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all men sinned.”289 The Apostle contrasts the universality of sin and death with the universality of salvation in Christ. “Then as one man’s trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one man’s act of righteousness leads to acquittal and life for all men.”290

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c1p7.htm

Looking at the reason for the teaching I have to say perhaps we are involved in Adam’s crime as we are no better than him as all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Jesus is the exception and so those that believe are implicated in his act of righteousness. The result is they are freed from being servants of sin.

terraricca
    Participant

K

your scriptures comfirms what i told you ,in short , for no men alive or ever lived can stay alive even if he does not practice sin ,he would stil have to die because of Adam sin ,

that is why it says ALL DIE IN ADAM BUT ALL LIVE THROUGH CHRIST BLOOD

CHRIST IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN WITHOUT THE SIN OF ADAM AND NEVER SINNED ;THIS IS WHY mARY IS A SURROGATE MOTHER TO JESUS THE SON OF GOD ,BELIEVE IT OR NOT UP TO YOU

terraricca
    Participant

GENE

YOU TALKING BY IGNORING A 1000 OTHER SCRIPTURES

Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
    Jn 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE SCRIPTURES OF WHAT GOD AS PROVIDED US WITH YOU WILL NEVER COME TO THE TRUTH THAT GIVES TRUE UNDERSTANDING ;

kerwin
    Participant

T,

your scriptures comfirms what i told you ,in short , for no men alive or ever lived can stay alive even if he does not practice sin ,he would stil have to die because of Adam sin ,

A human that never sinned would not be involved with Adam’s sin as by their own action they show they would not take part in it.

terraricca
    Participant

K

You do not make sense for all men are born in the sin of Adam

Proclaimer
    Participant

then what does this mean to you brother, “NO” man “CAN”, COME UNTO ME” except the Father “Draw” him.”.

What does that mean? It means exactly what it says. No man can come to Christ unless the Father draws him.

What it doesn’t say is that all who are drawn to Christ will follow Christ.
    It also doesn’t say that God will NOT draw some people because they miss out. We know that his Spirit convicts all men and he is not willing that any should perish.

It simply states that you will not be drawn to Christ without the Father. i.e., Buddha, Mohammed, and John Doe will not lead you to Christ without the Father. Flesh cannot do the work of the Spirit.

Just as no one can come to the son without the Father, so it is that no one can come to the Father outside of the son.

This has nothing to do with humans not having free will.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,001 through 3,020 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account