Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,981 through 3,000 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Gene

i really don’t feel like to answer you this ,but i feel a need to do this in my own brain,and mind,

free will ;just means THAT NO ONE AS FORCED YOU INTO TO DO THE THING YOU ARE DOING OR DID , GOT IT ;

EXTREME EXAMPLE ;YOU USE A GUN ON MY TEMPLE AND TELL ME TO GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY AND CAR KEYS ;

THIS IS IN NO WAY A WILLING ACTION OF ME IF I OBEY YOUR COMMAND IS IT ; ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU JUST AS ME THE SAME THING AND I JUST NOW GIVE IT TO YOU WITHOUT ARGUING OR RESIST YOUR DEMAND ,THIS WOULD BE DONE FROM MY FREE WILL ,GOT IT ,

FREE WILL DOES NOT MEAN THAT I CAN JUMP FROM THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING AND FLY ; THIS LOGIC IS FOR DUMMIES,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………But if you wanted to jump off of it you could even if you could not fly, so what would drives the will of a person to do that, many have jumped to their deaths, is it not the thoughts of their mind that caused them to will to jump. What you are failling to see is, I am not saying we DO NOT HAVE LIBERTY to  exercise our WILLS , I am talking about the will itself and what is driving it. The will is hardly FREE , or nothing could INFLUENCE IT.

Do you get what I am driving at?, all wills are influenced by something and so they themselves are not FREE, the word FREEWILL is an OXYMORON, because if there is a WILL it could not BE free OR IT SIMPLY WOULD NOT BE A WILL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The word WILL implies a force of desire coming from the person himself, and that force is made up of past premeditated thoughts which forms your WILL. There is nothing free about it, that is why in scripture it is just called a will , not a freewill except in the case of a person voluntarily doing something, in which case it is not talking about the will itself being free, just the person having liberty to carry out his captivated will.

Peace and love to you and yours…………………………………..gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    terraricca
    Participant

GENE

OUR LIBERTIES ARE ALSO CONTROLLED AND INFLUENCED ,YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT NONE OF US HERE TALKS ABOUT ,WHY IS THAT ?

NO ONE THAT HAS EVER BEEN CREATED IS FREE TO DO AS HIS WILL AND MIND WOULD LIKE IT TO DO ;

ONLY MORONS BELIEVES THAT ,

kerwin
    Participant

T,

EXTREME EXAMPLE ;YOU USE A GUN ON MY TEMPLE AND TELL ME TO GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY AND CAR KEYS ;

I am not sure who this example but it is still and exercise of free will even though the cost of some choices may make some choices unpleasant.

An example of lack of free will is that I instruct my computer to add 2 and 2. My computer can make no choice but to do I told it. If it fails to accomplish it then there is some bug in the system but not a choice it made.

I am self aware while my computer is not.

terraricca
    Participant

K

yes it is a machine will either do the work it as been design to do ,or not ,if not trow it away of pay to fix it ,this is the end of this story ,and this is within your free will to see what to do ,throw it or fix it ;

men’s free will IS SO SIMPLE I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR ARGUMENTS AGAINST IT  ,ALWAYS TWO QUESTIONS NOT THREE ,NOT FIVE ONLY TWO ;

DO I DO IT OR DO I NOT DO IT ;THE CONSEQUENCES IN BOTH QUESTIONS ARE IRELEVENT FOR THAT DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE FREE WILL BUT ON OUR CONTEND OF OUR SOUL AND HEART ,

I AM HERE NOT TALKING IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION ,

kerwin
    Participant

T,

I take neither side of the argument as both are true. God made us and that includes our will. Our will is free even though he made us. God chose the time and place where I was conceived but that choice was also made by my parents and God choice was to allow them that freedom and then to form me withing my mother.

Ed J
    Participant

Gene, please fill in the blanks

The definition of “WILL” in the tern “Free Will is ___________________ ?
    The definition of “FREE” in the term “Free will is ___________________ ?

Gene?

Ed J
    Participant

EDj……….So tell us what does those scriptures I ask you to read mean to you.?

Hi Gene,

Please post the specific Scripture you are referring to.
    Wakeup asks to explain whole Chapters, KEEP IT SIMPLE. (One verse at a time, OK?)
    …and please answer my last post, you ignored it twice now.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj………..I know what the word FREE WILL means, it means a will that is FREE OK. What I am saying is,  no such thing exists , because all of our wills are driven by our thoughts, and our thoughts, come from past and  present INFLUENCES.

Now I ask you or anyone else,  to produce one simple scripture that says a man HAS A WILL THAT IS “FREE” in him,  A simple question, so please produce just one simple scripture that says that, seeing you are so sure of yourself, it shouldn’t be a problem, right?

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

What passage teaches us that there is no free will?

Ed J
    Participant

EDj………..I know what the word FREE WILL means

Hi Gene, I don’t believe you do.

Here are MY terms:

When I use the word WILL in the term “Free Will” I take it to mean our “volition”
    And when I attach the word FREE to that, I take the word FREE to mean “free of encumbrance”

Therefore “Free Will” means: “A Volition free of others encumberence” Now it’s your turn

The definition of “WILL” in the tern “Free Will is ___________________ ?
    The definition of “FREE” in the term “Free will is ___________________ ?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

I WILL N-O-T ARGUE OVER MISCONCEPTIONS. If you refuse to tell me
    what you “think” FREE WILL means – this discussion is over. I gave you my terms.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ……..SHOW ME THE WORD FREEWILL, in scripture, I see all kind of places where the word WILL is used but not somuch as a word about a FREEWILL, except a place where it is misspelled and  comes from the Hebrew word voluntary offering. There is no word AS “FREEWILL” IN ALL SCRIPTURE. Why can’t you produce something that is scripture backed. I know there is a English word “freewill”, and I know what it means, but it is not scripture backed. Go look and listen to the video you produce, this time with an open mind , I am not alone in understanding this EdJ.

pace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

EDJ……..SHOW ME THE WORD FREEWILL, in scripture

“I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm,
    which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee.” (Ezra 7:13)

Ed J
    Participant

There is no word AS “FREEWILL” IN ALL SCRIPTURE.

FALSE

Ed J
    Participant

I know there is a English word “freewill”, and I know what it means

You do???

Tell me what it means then.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ………STRONG SAYS ned-ab  corresponds to a prime root H5068 naw-dab’ , a primitive root; hence to “volunteer” (as a soldier), to present spontaneously: – offer freely, be  (give, make, offer self) “willing (-ly) 

None of that talks about the will “ITSELL” being FREE.  While we have liberty to express our Captivated  wills the Will’s themselves are hardly free , our wills direct the way we respond to circumstances . We will always respond according to our past knowledge and present circumstances.

I ask you to produce a scripture that say our WILLS themselves are free. NOT the result of us doing what our WILLS wants, to do and the liberty to exercise 56 one wills.

Go back and review your video you produced and this time with an open mind.

Peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

I ask you to produce a scripture that say our WILLS themselves are free.

FALSE, what you asked was…

EDJ……..SHOW ME THE WORD FREEWILL, in scripture

Yes of course try to change the criteria once you have been proven wrong.

The definition of “WILL” in the tern “Free Will” is ___________________ ?
    The definition of “FREE” in the term “Free will” is ___________________ ?

Please fill in the blanks.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Who is holding YOUR will ‘CAPTIVE’?
    And why are they holding YOUR “will” captive?

Also,
    Please fill in the blanks in my last post

Ed J
    Participant

Go back and review your video you produced and this time with an open mind.

He says there is ‘no god’, should I consider this as well?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,981 through 3,000 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account