Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 3,121 through 3,140 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    Dig4truth
    Participant

First attempt to debunk this fact and then we will see if you can salvage the globe.

The mountain, according to globe earth math, should be hidden by around 4,000 ft! This is not a little difference, this is not something that you can dismiss. You can either attempt to disprove it, accept it, or keep on making excuses.

Now, what will happen when you cannot debunk this? Will you accept the plane earth? This would make a difference to either one of us so give it your best shot. You only have to explain 4,000 ft. plus the thousands of ft. of the visible mountain which NONE should be visible. In other words, the top of the mountain should not be visible at all and it should be hidden by thousands of feet on top of that!

Proclaimer
    Participant

If this is true and the globe earth has no explanation, yes it would be troublesome, that is if no part of a mountain should be visible but in reality a large part of it is.

If it is debunked, will you then admit that photos of mountains you have presented here are troublesome for the flat earth? That is, they do not support the flat earth hypothesis.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Sounds like we are both in that situation. But to answer your question, yes, if there should be some part of the mountain visible and the globe earth math supported it that would be evidence for your position. And the same holds true for my side, if there should be no part visible and on top of that thousands of feet more coverage then that lends much support for my side.

Dig4truth
    Participant

I’ve already looked at the math, according to the ball earth theory, and it isn’t even close.

Proclaimer
    Participant

At this point, I want to know if proven wrong, would that be troublesome for you and your belief? Not saying it would prove the globe earth, but would it make you rethink things somewhat?

But if it is not going to make a blind bit of difference, then I would not be interested in investing my time.

Let me know either way.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Oh sorry, you gave already answered me. Missed your previous post. Great, I will look into it. And a reminder, I am not here to prove the globe earth, but to get to the truth. Of course I believe the earth is globe, has very good evidence for that, and the flat earth doesn’t have anything substantial to support it. So this mountain pic could help sway the argument and I’m up for the challenge.

Where is the pic,  video, analysis of this mountain?

Dig4truth
    Participant

It’s the same video we have been discussing. It starts at the 6 1/2 minute mark and goes to about the 7 1/2 minute mark. Not very long but packed with power.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It’s already debunked Dig

Proclaimer
    Participant

Watch this video Dig

This video debunks the photo as pointing to a flat earth and the narrator is also very respectful.

Dig4truth
    Participant

T8, did you do the math? It doesn’t work. Use your ball earth calculator and see for yourself. Using software that is obviously designed to try to debunk plane earth theory is not going to cut it. Here is a link to the earth curve calculator:

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=170&h0=300&unit=imperial

Why not do your own research and see? If this software contradicts the math what does that tell you about this software?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Oh and by the way, I gave it an elevation of 300 ft above sea level but in fact it is only 154 ft! So half the observer height.

That brings it to 15,974 ft of hidden height! That’s over 15,000 feet of hidden height on a globe earth according to the globe earth math!

Apparently the software this guy used does not use the standard 8” per mile squared. And if not, what equation does it use? Unless you can tell me that there is no way to check his work and it could all be a lie.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Globebusters Busted

Proclaimer
    Participant

The best explanation for people believing in a flat earth is they want to live in a science fiction movie with a huge conspiracy where they are a hero who combats evil forces that try to keep them deluded.

The reality is not exactly like this. Yes there is evil and yes there is deception in the world. But the Flat Earth conspiracy only serves to detract from the real battle which is the good fight. People who end up fighting this fake battle will find out one day that they wasted a good part of their life on it.

If you are a flat earthwe and you are reading this, it is not too late for you. Please fight the good fight instead. If you do not know what I am talking about, please follow the link I have placed below this video.

Salvation

Dig4truth
    Participant

So t8, you managed to dodge all my questions and challenges but found some videos. Great.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Distance to mountain and height of viewer

Distance in Miles: 120
    Viewer height in Feet: 150

No refraction calculation

San Jacinto Peak above sea level: 10,834 feet
    Geometric Hidden: 1.39 miles (7350.83 feet)
    Visible amount: 3483.17 feet.

Standard” refraction adjustment

San Jacinto Peak above sea level: 10,834 ft
    Refracted Hidden: 1.17 miles (6157.62 feet)
    Visible amount: 4,676 feet.

Visible range

Roughly speaking, the visible amount could vary between 3500  and 4500 feet. Maybe a bit less or a bit more.

Conclusion

one horse ridge

In the San Jacinto IR shot, One Horse Ridge is just below what he can see, as demonstrated with the above image with the IR shot superimposed over the relevant part of the whole mountain. One Horse Ridge is 3,872 feet below the peak of San Jacinto showing that what is visible of San Jacinto in the IR shot is actually within the 3000 or 4000 feet range. This is exactly what we would expect on a sphere according to the calculations above which are also linked below if you want to check. It is way more accurate than what the Flat Earth would show which is the whole mountain with the bottom part obscured by closer peaks.

https://www.metabunk.org/curve/?d=120&h=150&r=3959&u=i&a=n&fd=60&fp=3264

Proclaimer
    Participant

@dig4truth @mikeboll64

Now that this is debunked, what is left that makes you believe in a Flat Earth?

Dig4truth
    Participant

The distance was 170 miles. No what you got?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Dig, here is a screen-grab of your post with the video in question. It states 120 miles as you can see.

Dig

Dig4truth
    Participant

Listen to the video and at the 7 minute mark he says “over a 170 miles away”.

Dig4truth
    Participant

What math did he use? Was it the 8” per miles squared? If not, then what? You can’t just make stuff up you must back it up!

Viewing 20 posts - 3,121 through 3,140 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account