Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,741 through 1,760 (of 6,405 total)
  • Author
    Dig4truth
    Participant

Oh, I see Gene, you can’t give me an illustration or an example but I’m supposed to just know automatically what you’re talking about. I guess it’s not so simple if you can’t give a simple illustration or example. Is it?  Smoke and mirrors, nothing else. Or you could give one of your simple examples. Whichever is easier for you.

Gene, did you honestly think you were going to tutor me on math without providing any examples or equations? Guess who is providing the math to support their theory?  It’s the FE people!  And here’s the kicker – we use your math!

Dig4truth
    Participant

Who’s up for the Jenga challange?

You know any movement will topple the stack of Jenga blocks.  It has to be perfectly still (no centrifugal force) to keep from collapse.

Just for fun, here is a video of some guy demonstrating the point.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick: “Could Peter walk on water? No that was impossible. He agreed and sank.”

Actually he did walk on water for a while. Where did you learn that it was impossible because Yeshua did it too without sinking? He even reached down and pulled Peter up out of the water!

You must have been listening to the scientists and not the Word of God.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Think about a stack of Jenga blocks stack up in a car. Now that car turns a corner –  what happens? CRASH!

Centrifugal force!  (At maybe 15 to 20 mph and not 1,000+ mph)

Take the Jenga challange!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Dig….you cant tell why the blocks never fell over. It because all the gravitional pull is straight dowm the center line and transfers to the main supporting leg. But let him go past center and down come all his blocks, i would put money on it. It’s like when a person balances himself on one leg same principle applies. This is all just smoke and mirrors, you people use to decieve with.

Heres your formula, explained, not that it would do any good.

A right triangel has three sides, side A, side B, side C. I HAVENT LOST YOU SO FAR HAVE I?

formula… Side C = the square root of, side A squared + side B squared.

Just type in the pathagram theram, on the Internet and there is all kinds of sites that give you the exact fornula. My computer does not make the symbols need to give you the exact formula. But what i have described is apsolutely it.

Let say, side a = 24 ft and side b = 7 ft what would side c =

Side A Is 24×24=576 square feet
    Side b is 7×7 = 49 square feet
    The total A+B = 625 square feet

Whats the square root of 625 feet? Its 25

Side C = 25 feet.

I apsolutly do not know how much simpler it can be made for you. You are either playing games or you must be dumber then a bag of hammers. No wonder you are so easly decieved by these Flat Earthers, and Conspiracy therist.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Dig4truth
    Participant

Congratulations Gene, you’ve figured out a triangle.

Now how about a sphere? With a circumference of the earth’s? A few examples? Unless you think the earth is a triangle.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Gene: “”you cant tell why the blocks never fell over. It because all the gravitional pull is straight dowm the center line and transfers to the main supporting leg. But let him go past center and down come all his blocks, i would put money on it. It’s like when a person balances himself on one leg same principle applies. This is all just smoke and mirrors, you people use to decieve with.”

Gene, no disrespect but that is the opposite of centrifugal force. The fact that the weight is staying over the center point proves there is no centrifugal force on it. That’s the point!

A center line of weight does keep things upright but centrifugal force “forces” the weight to be moved from the center point – that’s the point! Ergo – Jenga!

So the question remains, what is keeping the 1,000 + mph centrifugal force at the equator from forcing the Jenga blocks to come crashing down?

What negates the centrifugal force on earth?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  So the lunar eclipse is not the shadow of the Earth on the moon, rather the moon which is a light turning off or kind of dimming itself. Maybe rebooting the light.

Maybe.  This is what’s called a lunar wave, or pulse.  Look it up on YouTube, as there are many amateur photographers who have captured them.  What it is, I don’t know, but your use of the term rebooting brought it to mind…

Here’s a video that has nine of them from different photographers…

T8:  Wow, Mike. That is a desperate answer. First off, you have no proofand secondly, it is probably the best answer you could come up with if you reject the earth casting a shadow.

That the moon is its own light is a desperate answer?  Rather, it is the scriptural answer.  And top-down eclipses (and selenelions) are all the proof anyone needs to know it’s not the earth causing the shadow on the moon… at least on those occasions.  And if not on those occasions, what valid reason do we have to believe the earth causes the shadow on any occasion?

T8:  The moonlight does not cause an object to get colder. It’s the object in the shade that gets warmer. 

Judging from your explanation, you seem to think I’m talking about measuring the temp on a clear night versus measuring it on a cloudy night.  I am not.  I am talking about having one object half in direct moonlight and the other half shaded from the moonlight, and recording the different temperatures at the same time.  There are hundreds of amateur experiments to choose from.  This one is only a minute and a half…

Mike:  Jehovah told us that He created two lights – the greater to govern the day, and the lesser to govern the night.

T8:  There you go being literal again and assuming that which is not written.

Which part of my blue words above is not written?

T8:  Remember though, David under inspiration of the Holy Spirit said the sun rises, so you have to throw out the Flat Earth model now right?

No he didn’t.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8: And worse, while you say the creation is strictly 24 hours even though that word can mean ‘period of time’, you then say the sun is not rising or setting in that psalm. So you have to deny two meanings in one verse. The other word which you would assume means ‘west’ given your context doesn’t even mean ‘west’. This favours my argument as it means “to its setting” or “unto the going down”. Who is the sucker now? lol.

The Hebrew word “yowm” can mean EXACTLY what the English word “day” can mean.  It can mean a 24 hour period.  It can mean a general period of time, as in “back in the day of Abraham Lincoln”.  It can mean just the 12 hour period of daylight within a 24 hour day.

But please tell me your reason for NOT considering it a 24 hour period in Genesis 1.

As for Psalm 113:3, here is the meaning of the Hebrew word translated as “setting” in many English Bibles…

Strong’s Concordance
    mabo: entrance, a coming in, entering

Original Word: מָבוֹא
    Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
    Transliteration: mabo
    Phonetic Spelling: (maw-bo’)
    Short Definition: entrance

NAS Exhaustive Concordance

Word Origin
    from bo
    Definition: entrance, a coming in, entering
    NASB Translation
    come (1), enter (1), entrance (13), entry (1), place of its setting (1), setting (5), sunset* (1), west* (1).

Brown-Driver-Briggs

מָבוֺא noun masculine Jeremiah 38:14entrance, a coming in, entering

Zechariah 8:7  NAS: and from the land of the west;

Ezekiel 46:19  NAS: Then he brought me through the entrance

Ezekiel 33:31   NAS: to you as people come, and sit

Ezekiel 26:10  NAS: your gates as men enter a city

Does the second one mean “he brought me through the sunset”?  Does the third mean, “you people – sunset and sit”?  Does the fourth mean, “as men sunset a city”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

You stand on your petty mound of intellectual superiority and hurl contempt at others.

While ignoring the weightier matters.?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  So does this verse not mean firmament or what. I didn’t read your post where you supposedly debunked this.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

The Hebrew is, “in the face of the firmament”.

[in the open firmament of heaven] This rendering scarcely reproduces the sense of the Hebrew words, which literally mean “in the face of,” or “over against, the firmament of heaven.” The idea is that winged things are to fly “above” the earth, and “in front of” the vault of heaven. The R.V. margin, on the face of the expanse of the heaven, is cumbrous and obscure. The meaning seems to be that the flight of winged things shall be in mid air, “in front,” as it were, of the solid “firmament of heaven,” which was not remote. The winged creatures would continually be visible against the sky.

…and let birds fly above the earth in the face (the front, i.e., the side turned towards the earth) of the firmament.”

In the open firmament.Literally, upon the face of the expanse of heaven—that is, in front of it, upon the lower surface of the atmosphere near to the earth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Can you not see how you have become like the Trinitarians you use to debate> Sad but true it seems.

Start with the premise and all evidence that proves the contrary is just a misinterpretation, mistranslation, fake, false, etc.

T8, how do Trinitarians become Trinitarians in the first place… in your opinion?

T8:  For example, my photo of Mount Ruapehu alone debunks your quoted statement. But you will just ignore that possibility because the Earth is flat.

Interesting that you accuse me of what I see you doing.  It’s obvious that you could see Mount Ruapehu with your own eyes that day, right?  And it’s obvious that all of us can see Mount Ruapehu in your photograph, right?  I believe that’s because you saw and photographed the actual Mount Ruapehu.  But why exactly do you believe you photographed a refracted image of it instead?  What is the reason you invoke refraction in this case?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Those models are that, models… But knowledge increased…

When exactly was the knowledge concerning the firmament versus a vast vacuum of space first increased?  And how exactly was that accomplished?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Well of course it doesn’t look like that planet that NASA shows us because NASA send craft close to the subject and spend millions doing so, whereas you have to contend with atmospheric moisture, distance, and heaps of zoom on a thousand dollar video camera. If you could shoot NASA quality footage of heavenly objects in our Solar System, then why would NASA spend millions to ge the same images. lol. 

You mean like this NASA quality footage?

[video width="1920" height="1080" mp4="https://heavennet.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/NASA-Dark-Side-of-Moon-1.mp4"][/video]

Have you ever known cloud formations to remain exactly the same for over 5 hours straight?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  If actual photoes from and movie picrures from the ISS, isn’t good enough for you…

Gene, what convinced you the earth was a sphere before we had those photos and pictures from the ISS?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T:  Here’s a thought experiment for you all, imagine a stack of Jenga blocks stacked end to end as tall as you can stack them. Now let’s place them at the equator which is spinning at 1,000+ mph.

What would happen to a stack of Jenga blocks that are stacked to the limit and then moved slightly? Well, exactly what they were designed to do – come crashing down. Any movement will topple them because it takes a lot of balance to keep them stacked.

How about these natural Jenga blocks?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

You condemn science while offering your own little scientific experiments as evidence.

When did you lose faith in what you cannot personally see?

When did suspicion start to rule you?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mike,

You have not debunked where the birds fly, not if you really look at the Hebrew. The word “Firmament” evolved from Greek influence apparently, but was not the Hebrew definition.

And God said, let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters,…. On which the Spirit of God was sitting and moving, Genesis 1:2 part of which were formed into clouds, and drawn up into heaven by the force of the body of fire and light already produced; and the other part left on the earth, not yet gathered into one place, as afterwards: between these God ordered a “firmament to be”, or an “expanse” (v); something stretched out and spread like a curtain, tent, or canopy: and to this all those passages of Scripture refer, which speak of the stretching out of the heavens, as this firmament or expanse is afterwards called; seePsa 104:2 and by it is meant the air, as it is rendered by the Targum onPsalm 19:1 we call it the “firmament” from the (w) word which the Greek interpreter uses, because it is firm, lasting, and durable: and it has the name of an expanse from its wide extent, it reaching from the earth to the third heaven; the lower and thicker parts of it form the atmosphere in which we breathe; the higher and thinner parts of it, the air in which fowls fly, and the ether or sky in which the sun, moon, and stars are placed; for all these are said to be in the firmament or expanse, Genesis 1:17. These are the stories in the heavens the Scriptures speak of, Amos 9:6 and the air is divided by philosophers into higher, middle, and lower regions: and so the Targum of Jonathan places this firmament or expanse between the extremities of the heaven, and the waters of the ocean. The word in the Syriac language has the sense of binding and compressing (x); and so it is used in the Syriac version of Luke 6:38 and may denote the power of the air when formed in compressing the chaos, and dividing and separating the parts of it; and which it now has in compressing the earth, and the several parts that are in it, and by its compression preserves them and retains them in their proper places (y):

and let it divide the waters from the waters; the waters under it from those above it, as it is explained in the next verse; of which more there.

http://biblehub.com/genesis/1-6.htm

I hope that helps!

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Regarding the eclipse in Dec. 2011, this site may have some answers for you. You can enter different locations and see how the animated eclipse would appear.

Here is the animated lunar eclipse of 12/2011:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/usa/phoenix?iso=20111210

Look how different it looked in Singapore:

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/singapore/singapore?iso=20111210

So, it appears that where you are watching the lunar eclipse has much to do with how it looks.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick, how am I condemning science by doing “little” scientific experiments? Isn’t that kinda what science is?

But let me ask you a question; when did you loose faith in what you can see? And more importantly, when did you loose faith in what God has said is true? Was it because of what the scientists told you?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,741 through 1,760 (of 6,405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account