Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 6,407 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Anthony:  Mike did you try to read the message that I sent

I got a message the other day, but it wouldn’t open, and didn’t say who it was from.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Anthony:  Galileo was a scientist who believed in the trustworthiness of the Bible…

If that was true, he would have been telling people what D4T and I are telling you guys on this thread.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi: Mike,

Regarding your wet flag theory, the flag does not have a normal drying pattern if it were wet. The seams would be darker because they would be thicker and stay wetter than the thin area between the seams but that is not what the picture is showing. I suspect that the photo shopping done on pictures are likely done by flat earthers including the so called wet flag.

You can find the original on NASA’s website right now.  Or many other places.  Here it is on WikiCommons…

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Astronaut_Harrison_%27Jack%27_Schmitt,_American_Flag,_and_Earth_(Apollo_17_EVA-1).jpg

Right below the image, click on “Original File”, and it will open a 4 MB image that you can zoom in on and see the wet flag.  Also take a look at that earth when you’re zoomed in, and let me know if it looks like a real image of the place we live.  There is only fake looking clouds and water… no land.

If you want to believe the image is doctored (straight from NASA’s own website), or that the drying pattern isn’t quite to your liking, then there’s nothing I can do to change your mind.  But if you take the blinders off and look at it with an open mind, you’ll agree that the flag is partially wet, and partially dry.  And that simply can’t be on the moon.

Kathi:  I believe that the moon and the sun can be both seen at times during the day because of the angle of the orbit of the moon, I have no problem with that.

But I wasn’t talking about the sun and the moon simply being up during the day.  I was talking about these three things…

1.  You could not possibly see the earth from the moon unless you were looking directly up… unlike that wet flag photo.
    2.   You cannot have a lunar eclipse with the sun and moon both in the sky above the earth, because the earth is supposed to be what’s causing the shadow on the moon.
    3.   You cannot have a FULL moon during the daytime.

Here’s a diagram from one of those flat earth debunking videos T8 posted…

Notice how the moon is between the sun and the lit half of the earth, so we couldn’t possibly have a full moon then if the sun is what lights the moon up.  Even T8’s source makes it clear that we’d be seeing the dark side of the moon from the daylight part of the earth.  In this one, I added some red lines to show how the sunlight would have to hit the moon to make the side facing the daylight part of the earth full and white…

Are you starting to get the picture now?  I await your explanations for these three things.  Or just pick one of them for now, and explain to me how it could happen.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Hmmm, quite a solid argument Mike!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

About as solid as the molten glass firmament in which both the birds and the sun, the moon and the stars can be seen?

Legalism is it’s own reward.

Admin
    Keymaster

Hi Mike.

If you guys are talking about Private Messaging through Heaven Net, then yes it sends an email, but there is also a record in your Private Messages.

Click your icon at the top and navigate to Messages. You can also see unread PMs in the Notification area next to your icon.

Of course, only you can see that.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8, could you add my images after the corespinding ellipses in my last post to Kathi? Your site stopped responding as I was in the process of editing the post to insert the images. It said site can’t be reached.

Thanks in advance.

Admin
    Keymaster

Done. Let me know if you want me to rearrange them.

Sorry about the server. I paid for 3 years with a host who turned out to be useless. I have a new server where I host other sites as I am a web programmer by trade and I am freeing up space on that server so I can migrate Heaven Net there eventually. Will be doing that in 3 months or sooner. Hopefully the performance is good enough in the meantime to keep people happy most of the time. What happens is the current host throttles the connection on purpose when the server CPU maxes out which happens when many members are posting at the same time.

If the issue happens again, you could copy and paste into a new post and add the images using Add Media. Then ask me to delete the old post.

As for the jump to the post issue after posting or clicking on Recent Replies, it seems that topics that get quite long lose their pagination, so I am working through this to try and fix the issue.

Admin
    Keymaster

T8, do you know how frustrating it is to spend a bunch of time on a post, only for it to display like this…

I had to go back and manually remove every “span” the all the other crap.  It’s done that a few times on me.  Is it something I’m doing wrong?

That has happened to me but rarely and not for a long time. I believe it happens when the server is stressing out with CPU load. What I have do to rectify this is to go in on Visual mode and copy everything including the code, then delete everything in the post and paste it all back except in in text mode. Text mode handles the code and renders it as it should display.

Sorry about that. As mentioned before, I have a fix in the pipeline which is to migrate to a faster server with more CPU.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

What is your stance on the Sandy Hook school killings? Did it happen or no?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

you said:

1.  You could not possibly see the earth from the moon unless you were looking directly up… unlike that wet flag photo.

2.   You cannot have a lunar eclipse with the sun and moon both in the sky above the earth, because the earth is supposed to be what’s causing the shadow on the moon.

3.   You cannot have a FULL moon during the daytime.

If you were on the right or left side of the moon, the earth would not be “up.” The earth would only be “up” if you were on the nearest to the earth side.

When one part of the country is viewing a complete lunar eclipse, another part of the country  that is not under the moon’s path is not viewing it the same way.

The full moon stays in its full moon phase for a few days. I would think that a short time during the full moon phase, in its fullest phase, it would be the least likely to be seen during the day. Before and after the fullest phase, it may be able to be seen to some degree. I’m thinking that the moon can look like a crescent moon during the daytime when it is in its full moon phase that is seen at night.

Lightenup
    Participant

Here is a video with the Astronaut Harrison Jack Schmitt talking about his pictures. Interesting. He should know about his own pictures.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, you can be assured that there is a logical explanation.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Seeing the sun and moon at the same time

Lightenup
    Participant
    Lightenup
    Participant
    Lightenup
    Participant
    Lightenup
    Participant
    Lightenup
    Participant
    Lightenup
    Participant
Viewing 20 posts - 1,201 through 1,220 (of 6,407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account