Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 6,405 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, this Flat Earther has a message for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,

The Spirit in JesusChrist is the source of creation.

The Spirit that was in the prophets.

1 Peter 1.11

And Jesus had the spirit of prophecy and all the other gifts of the Spirit specified in 1 Cor 12.

The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Mike and Dig

Scripture of the day: Job 26:7.  Stretching out the north over desolation, Hanging the earth upon nothing,.   If the earth were supported by pillars, it would contradict Job which tells us that God hung the earth on nothing. God bless,in Him Anthony.

Anthony
    Participant

You guys still haven’t answered any of my

????????????????????

Dig4truth
    Participant

Anthony, the earth is not “hung” on anything, this is true. But it is placed on a foundation or “pillars”. Make sense?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…you ask why does the earth look so small when view from the moon, so why does the sun look so small when viewed from the earth? ‘

Simple answer for both questions, IT BECAUSE OF THE DISTANCE FROM THE OBJECTS, THAT CAUSES THEN TO APPEAR SMALLER. FIRST GRADE LEVEL QUESTION. THE EARTH IN THE PICTURE FROM THE MOON IS “EXACTLY” RIGHT AS SEEN FROM THAT DISTANCE. WHICH ONLY SUPPORTS THE MOON LANDING PICTURES.

ONLY WACK JOB CAN’T UNDERSTAND THAT, THE FURTHER YOU ARE FROM ANY OBJECT THE SMALLER IT LOOKS.

NICK AND I ARE BOTH RIGHT GOD THE FATHER SPOKE “DIRECTLY” THROUGH JESUS’ MOUTH SEVERAL TIMES. WHY DO YOU THINK JESUS SAID THE WORDS I AM TELLING YOU ARE NOT MY WORDS BUT THE WORDS OF HIM WHO SENT ME? WHY DID HE SAY THAT IF IT WERENT TRUE. SEEMS YOUR SPRITURAL EARS AND EYES ARN’T WORKING GOOD EITHER, BECAUSE YOU WOULD RATHER BELIEVE A “LIE” THEN THE TRUTH.

YOU NOT ONLY CAN’T SEEM TO TELL THE EARTH IS ROUND, BY THE TONS OF INFORMATION SHOWING IT IS INDEED ROUND, BUT LACK SCRIPTURAL UNDERSTANDING ALSO, WELL NOTHING SEEMS TO CHANGE WITH YOU EXCEPT GOING FROM BLIND TO BLINDER. SO THIS IS A TRUE STATEMENT, “YOU BECOME WHAT YOU SOW,” IT SADDENS AND SORROWS ME CONCERNING YOU MIKE.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU SOLE IN THAT DAY, BUT THE GOOD PART IS, YOU DO HELP KEEP US ON GUARD AND SHARP.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Dig,,,that really doesn’t make sense Dig job said nothing what’s that mean to you ?

Dig read this k.

the verses that mention the earth’s four corners do not refer to a flat earth, then to what do FE refLet me begin with Rev.7:1 And after these things I saw four messengers, standing upon the four corners of the land, holding the four winds of the land, that the wind may not blow upon the land, nor upon the sea, nor upon any tree;  whoch speakes of four angels standing on the four corners of the earth and restraining the four winds of the earthEven the most ardent students of hyper-literal interpretation of the Bible acknowledge the frequent poetic elements and the use of imagery in the book of RevelationThis extends to the many occasions where numbers appear in the book of RevelationIn this one verse, the number four appears three timesIn each usage, the things mentioned are intimately tied together, so there is a one-to-one correspondence between each of the three groups of four.

The four winds refer to the four directions from which winds can come: north, south, east, and westWe often use this nomenclature today, such as saying that the wind is “out of the west.” The repetition of the number four (“four angels . . four corners . . four winds”) ties each angel and each corner with one of the four compass directionsTherefore, there is no warrant to interpret these four corners literally, particularly when it does not match any cosmology.

The phrase “four corners of the earth” probably was an idiom in the Apostle John’s time, much as it is in English today, referring to every distant location on the earthThis is the meaning from the context of Rev.20:7-8

the other occurrence of the phrase “four corners of the earth” in the book of Revelation (the King James Version has the word quarter here rather than corner, though the Greek word is the same in both Rev.7:1andRev20:7-8 Idioms in one language can be difficult to translate into another language, because a literal translation may be meaningless in the target language (imagine how a literal translation of our idiom “You’re pulling my leg!” would be understood in other languages)It is probable that the English idiomatic understanding of “the four corners of the earth,” referring to the remotest parts of the earth, stems from Rev.20:7-8 and he shall go forth to lead the nations astray, that are in the four corners of the earth — Gog and Magog — to gather them together to war, of whom the number [is] as the sand of the sea;  an evaluation of its context, we may conclude that this is also the meaning of “the four corners of the earth” in Isaiah 11:12 And He hath lifted up an ensign to nations, And gathereth the driven away of Israel, And the scattered of Judah He assembleth, From the four wings of the earth. third appearance of this phrase in the BibleIt’s use there generally is understood to be idiomatic.

Bible skeptics frequently use these three verses to argue that Scripture teaches that the earth is flatWhile some promoters of the flat earth use these three verses, many do notWhyThey probably realize that a square earth with corners does not agree with their model of a round, flat earthThis is a notable omissionHow would Christians who believe in a flat earth because they earnestly believe that is what the Bible teaches handle these three versesThey likely would interpret them much as I haveHowever, once one admits that some biblical passages which supposedly teach a flat earth are idiomatic, it is difficult to claim that similar passages are not also idiomaticFor instance, the phrase “ends of the earth” appears 28 times in the King James Version, and, if taken literally, suggest that the earth has an edge, which would rule out a spherical earth. However, critical evaluation of each of these 28 instances of the phrase “ends of the earth” in their respective contexts shows plainly that this phrase too is an idiomatic expressionFor example, in 12 of the 28 occurrences, the Hebrew word ’ep̄es(“extremity, end”) used in construct with ’ereṣ(“earth”), evidences that the biblical authors intend this phrase as a reference to the uttermost reaches of the inhabitable worldThe fact that this phrase sometimes is used to speak not of the distant parts of the earth itself, but rather of the people who inhabit these remote places ; Isaiah 45:22 Psalm 67:7 98:3 22 Turn to Me, and be saved, all ends of the earth, For I [am] God, and there is none else. God doth bless us, and all ends of earth fear Him!  He hath remembered His kindness, And His faithfulness to the house of Israel, All ends of earth have seen the salvation of our God. this phrase being used to indicate that the earth has a physical edge. God bless, In Him Anthony.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Anthony, could it be literal? Can you say? Could I say? What should we base it on? 28 times in the same reference, if it was a metaphor woud it not have been used in another way at least once or maybe twice?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Could it not have been said ONCE, “all around the round earth?” Or “from all over the globe”? Or something similar? Why not?

But 28 times in the scriptures that all represent my view and somehow it is supposed to support your view? Please explain.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Tell us why does it take two Gryos to make an auto pilot work, if as you say only one is needed.

I didn’t say a word about autopilots.  I was only trying to figure out if you understood how a gyro works, and that it is rigid in space.  So to continue, the gyro in a plane starts level with the runway.  It will remain level with that particular runway even if the plane ascends, descends, banks right or left, or does loop de loops.  The plane’s position in regard to the runway will change in many ways… but the gyro will always remain in the same orientation that it started in – level with the runway.  So in this first photo, both the plane and the gyro are level with the runway (red is the gyro’s orientation, yellow is the plane’s orientation)…

In this one, the plane is ascending, and therefore no longer level with the runway – but the gyro remains level with the runway…

In this one, the plane is banking, and therefore not level with the runway it took off from –  but the gyro remains level with that runway…

And in this one, the plane is all over the place, but through it all, the gyro will always remain level with the runway the plane took off from…

Are we still in agreement on this?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick: Hi Mike,

Did you think that he was not a prophet but a god?

I think I’m still waiting for you to tell me who said the words in the following passage.  Jesus?  God speaking through him?  The Spirit speaking through him?  Which one, Nick?

John 6:35-40

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene:  Mike…you ask why does the earth look so small when view from the moon… IT BECAUSE OF THE DISTANCE FROM THE OBJECTS, THAT CAUSES THEN TO APPEAR SMALLER. FIRST GRADE LEVEL QUESTION. THE EARTH IN THE PICTURE FROM THE MOON IS “EXACTLY” RIGHT AS SEEN FROM THAT DISTANCE. WHICH ONLY SUPPORTS THE MOON LANDING PICTURES.

Hmm…  This is the one I was talking about:

And here is a more recent one from NASA:

Do you see any difference in the size of the earth?  Also, why challenge me only on the size issue?  How about the wet flag?  Or the fact that any astronaut on the moon could only see the earth by looking straight up in the sky – which is clearly not the case in that photo?  Or the fact that you can adjust the levels in Photoshop and see that the earth was pasted into that photo?  What have you got to say about those things?

Gene:  ONLY WACK JOB CAN’T UNDERSTAND THAT, THE FURTHER YOU ARE FROM ANY OBJECT THE SMALLER IT LOOKS.

I understand perspective just fine, thanks.

Gene:  NICK AND I ARE BOTH RIGHT GOD THE FATHER SPOKE “DIRECTLY” THROUGH JESUS’ MOUTH SEVERAL TIMES. WHY DO YOU THINK JESUS SAID THE WORDS I AM TELLING YOU ARE NOT MY WORDS BUT THE WORDS OF HIM WHO SENT ME? WHY DID HE SAY THAT IF IT WERENT TRUE.

But according to you and Nick, Jesus never said, “the words I’m telling you are not my words but the words of him who sent me”.  According to you guys, it was the Father speaking through Jesus who said“the words I’m telling you are not my words but the words of him who sent me”.  So who sent the Father?  Who was giving the Father words to speak through Jesus?  Hmm…

Gene, can you tell me who said the words of John 6:35-40?  Let’s see if your theory stands up to scrutiny, okay?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T:  Could it not have been said ONCE, “all around the round earth?” Or “from all over the globe”? Or something similar? Why not?

But 28 times in the scriptures that all represent my view and somehow it is supposed to support your view? Please explain.

🙂  I haven’t used either of the scriptural arguments Anthony’s source listed, so I’m more curious about why he posted that long “rebuttal” instead of addressing Joshua commanding the sun and moon to stand still in the sky; or the sun running it’s appointed circuit from one end tent God built for it to the other; or the fact that God set the earth on pillars; or that He placed the sun, moon and stars in a firmament that He made to separate the waters above from the waters below… or any of the other many scriptures we actually did bring up.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8 and all, this video is a minute long.  It is a time lapse of the lunar eclipse of December 10th, 2011.  The sun is about to rise behind the photographer, and the moon is setting in front of him.  If the sun is what’s lighting the moon, and the earth is what’s blocking part of the sunlight to make the shadow on the moon, how on God’s flat earth could the shadow move top-down, while the bottom of the moon is still brightly lit?

Watch it as many times as it takes… until it sinks in.  I strongly assert that it is absolutely and undeniably physically impossible for that eclipse to happen in the heliocentric model.  I’m all ears if anyone has an explanation.  Kathi?  Nick?  Gene?  Anthony? David?  Andrew?  Anyone?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The Spirit is the bread of life.

The Spirit spoke through the human vessel, Jesus, the anointed one.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, my first guess is the sun is not behind the viewer but below or to the left or right.

If the sun is exactly behind him, then there will be a logical explanation. The debunk videos have proof against many of the observations you have put up here, but not all of them. That might be because I haven’t found them all or perhaps there is no debunk video made yet of some of these observations.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The small and big earth is easily explained by the lense being used. I use zoom lenses and wide angle all the time. But I haven’t been to the moon yet. I will let you know if I ever get up there. For now, that is looking a bit impossible.

Lightenup
    Participant

For all, especially our doubters Mike and Dig4truth,

Here is a four hour video of a lunar eclipse on June 15, 2011, hosted by the Astronomer Bob Burnam, Astronomy Editor of “The Old Farmer’s Almanac.” Near midway Dr. Duncan Copp was a guest to discuss his various documentaries including “In the Shadow of the Moon” where the astronauts talk about those who think they didn’t walk on the moon. Dr. Lucy Green, another astronomer who focuses on the subject of the sun is on this video this lunar eclipse. They debunk the flat earth. Enjoy!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Apollo 8 Photo

Earth rise Apollo 8

LRO Re-creation

Earth rise Apollo 8 color

About the image

On December 24, 1968, Apollo 8 astronauts Frank Borman, James Lovell, and William Anders were coming around from the far side of the Moon on their fourth orbit. Borman began to roll the spacecraft, and as he did, the Earth rose into view over the Moon’s limb. Anders, photographing the Moon from the right side window, caught sight of the view, and exclaimed: “Oh my God, look at that picture over there! There’s the Earth comin’ up. Wow, is that pretty!”

He snapped a black and white photo (top), capturing humanity’s first view of Earth from another planetary body. A few minutes later, Anders put color film in the camera and took the iconic color photographs of a half Earth hanging over the lunar horizon.

While the astronauts were absorbed in this view of home, a second camera mounted to the front-facing window continued to photograph the Moon every 20 seconds on an automatic timer. By matching that series of photographs to a high resolution model of the lunar terrain as observed by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), NASA scientists and visualizers have now identified exactly when the Apollo spacecraft turned and where and when each Earthrise photograph was taken. This allowed them to re-create the Earthrise experience in a new video (below).

The second image above is a still from that re-created Earthrise. The surface of the Moon is based on LRO data. Earth’s cloud patterns are based on the Environmental Science Services Administration 7 satellite as it observed our planet on December 24, 1968. The land surface is based on the Earth Observatory’s Terra MODIS Blue Marble. This high-fidelity re-creation shows the rising Earth as it must have looked to Anders, Borman, and Lovell 45 years ago. The western coast of Africa is visible along the lower part of the globe, with Antarctica in the upper left and South America along the top.

The new analysis revealed a few little-known details about the circumstances in which the photos were taken. Earthrise had occurred on each of the previous three orbits, but none of Apollo’s windows were looking that way. It was only during and after the roll that the event was visible to the astronauts on their fourth orbit.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=82693

Anthony
    Participant

four corners of the earth” appears three times in the BibleSurely, the skeptics claim, this must refer to a flat, square earth—thus proving that the Bible teaches a flat earthAt the very least, they reason, this shows that the Bible writers believed one of the flat earth cosmologies of the ancient world, thus proving that the Bible is not inspired, but that the people who wrote the Bible merely reflected the worldview of their timesThere are some examples of flat earth cosmologies from the ancient world, but they always consisted of a flat, round earthA circle was considered a much more perfect shape than a square, so none of the ancient flat earth cosmologies involve a square earthIf a square flat earth were the cosmology of the Bible, then it would have been at odds with every other ancient flat earth cosmologyTherefore, this attempt by the skeptics to claim that the Bible teaches a flat earth does not square (pun intended) with the facts of history.

If the verses that mention the earth’s four corners do not refer to a flat earth, then to what do they refer? Scripture of the day.   Dan.20:20-21

The tree that thou hast seen, that hath become great and strong, and its height doth reach to the heavens, and its vision to all  the land,

21 and its leaves [are] fair, and its budding great, and food for all [is] in it, under it dwell doth the beast of the field, and on its boughs sit do the birds of the heavens.  V.18  This dream I have seen, I king Nebuchadnezzar; 

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 6,405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account