Firstborn of/over all creation

Viewing 17 posts - 3,661 through 3,677 (of 3,677 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Good Morning t8,

You said,

“I agree. But in what capacity the body we have now is the same one at the resurrection is up for debate. First we have to acknowledge that we look through a glass darkly and John said it like this:

what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

We both know that many lie in the grave and their bodies are corrupt, flesh rotted away, and maybe just their bones left. Further, we know that cells in our body die all the time and new ones are generated. Thus, the body we have in my limited view is the same body, but not the same cells etc. So what exactly is the body being spoken of? The DNA code that gives our body its appearance? Is the spiritual body just a new version from this code but with all imperfections in DNA eradicated such as death? As John said, it has not been made fully known. All we really have is some limited teaching on this coupled with observations made in scripture. Not really enough to make complete statements about the body to come.”

Thank you t8, I love your answer!!

Folks back then were very limited, they did not know much about the human body and how it functions. Much of what they knew was actually false, just based on imagination. We know so much more now, even very recently we have learned a great deal more. There is much we still do not know, we even admit that much of our brain seems to be turned off. We can see today that certain people have abilities that others do not, like math, or drawing, even common sense some people have a great deal more of, lol. God has revealed more truth to us through the years, as to how our bodies function, we still have many unknowns and many things researchers think might be, and of course also things we think are but are not. What has been discovered about our bodies and other parts of our universe has actually led people to believe in a Creator, that our earth had to be designed through intelligence, intelligence and power far above human intelligence.

What we are told is that our Creator made humans in His image, and that He promised us to have eternal life. No other creature on earth was made in His image or promised eternal life. We are the most intelligent living soul that God made on earth.

Romans 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It is in the likeness of his resurrection, and he was raised with flesh and bones.

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Compare to mortals now,

Leviticus 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof:

We are told that flesh and BLOOD cannot inherit the kingdom of God. 

We are told that one must be BORN of water and of the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

God calls us into faith, He places His Spirit upon us to lead us to Him, when our faith is firmly intact we are seen as children of God, because our faith counts as righteousness, Jesus paid the penalty for our sins and we cannot be held to death as he was not held to death. Our faith and by his blood we are worthy to obtain the promise, to be born again, of water and of the Spirit, to be born again with eternal life. 

Those that follow the flesh, those that trust in the flesh and their own will have a MIND of the flesh a natural mind, like that of an animal that knows not God but is purely carnal. Those that seek to follow God and His will, who are like Paul and despises their weak flesh because of it’s bondage, are spiritually MINDED as the MIND has been born of the Spirit. Upon the resurrection these will be given a BODY born of water and of the Spirit into eternal life. This is what Paul hoped for a BODY that did not tempt his mind because of it’s weakness, he desired to rise in power and in glory as Jesus did, a body no longer able to die and thus a body no longer living in bondage to the fear of death with the temptation it brings to the MIND. 

Jesus was tempted by weak flesh. Jesus rose no longer with weak flesh no longer able to be tempted.

Paul desired for this body a body also raised in power, unable to be tempted. Paul did not want war going on in his MIND anymore, where he was in bondage to serve the flesh instead of the will of God. He wanted to be set free to be be able to serve God perfectly, no longer having to fight off temptation.

Jesus was raised with a spiritual human body, not a carnal one that can die and thus seeks to serve itself in order to live, a spiritual immortal one that does not need to be served in order to live, it does not have blood that needs to carry oxygen or nutrients to keep it’s cells and body alive, instead it has been born with the water of life.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

If you don’t mind, are you a

Christian Unitarian?  Anthony

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

The Sign of Jonah is about a man who died being restored to natural body life.

As Jonah died and his soul went to Hades yet he came back to life in his original body, so too with Jesus Christ.

It says nothing about the heavenly body.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

The wicked generation asks for a sign and this was the one Jesus gave.

Mathew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus rose from the dead and Paul teaches us that we will rise as he rose. Paul teaches us that Jesus rose incorruptible with glory and power.

The account of Jesus ascending to heaven is given, there is NO mention in those accounts of Jesus receiving a different body, one different from the one that Paul tells us he rose with that had glory and power and eternal life.

Romans 1: 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the RESURRECTION from the dead.

42 So also is the RESURRECTION of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

WHERE ARE the SCRIPTURES that SPEAK of HIS GLORY and the BODY he RECEIVED at HIS ASCENSION NICK???????????????

THEY DO NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You believe in a false doctrine because you misunderstand other scriptures and certain words like spiritual, and then you go so far as to INVENT that the sign of Jonah, that was given to a wicked and adulterous generation, means that Jesus would rise from the dead ONLY with a temporary body. You have created quite a domino effect of falsehood. 

It’s all about him RISING from the dead in scripture, his ascension is barely spoken of and it contains little detail, YOU HAVE ADDED detail, of which CHANGES/DISTORTS/SLANDERS the TRUTH that has been given.  

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Anthony,

You asked if I was a Christian Unitarian?

I have read about them before, as I have over the years read about most all Christian faiths. It has been awhile, I would have to look them up again to recall the specifics to their faith. I think with that being said it’s safe to say I have not had any affiliation with them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

We do not know what we will be like writes John.

But you assume you do know.

Presumption.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

His glorious form is described at his return.

But you only see weeping wounds?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

And Daniel 7 shows him receiving the kingdom.

No injuries spoken of.

Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Anthony
    Participant

Hi Jodi

Thanks for answering my question about if you was a Christian Unitarian? God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..flesh and blood is not spirit, it not only can’t inherit anything, it, (flesh and blood) can even see the kingdom of God,  remember what Jesus said,  “for the kingdom of God comes without observation,  “IT IS WITHIN YOU”,   Get it?, flesh and blood are physical things, like a house,   the kingdom of God is spiritually percieved. But to think that there are not physical beings EXISTING in the kingdom of God isn’t true. This whole world belongs to God and everything in it also. God did not create all this just to throw it all away.  You haven’t produced a single scripture that supports your teaching of a “spirit body”, because no such thing exists in scriptures as far as I have seen anyway.  A body is a physical material thing, while a spirits is not, they can’t be seen with the physical eye, just with the eye of the mind, that is why a physical body can not inherit anything , because the kingdom of God is spiritually percieved it is within you. Our bodies are temples our spirit lives in. Even God lives in our bodies, just as Paul said, “you body is the temple of the living God, who ever destorys the temple, God will destory him”.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Indeed.

We live now in an earthly tent.

If you know that how did you miss this?

2cor 5.1

For we know that, if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved

we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavenlies.

For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is in heaven.

Rom 7.24

O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..but that does not say it still will not be a physical body or house, but that it is built by GOD,  muck like Adams body was built by God, and according to God he could have lived forever in that body, if it were a lower to eat of the tree of life, according to God.  No scripture says it’s a different ” TYPE OR KIND” of body, who by the way GOD BUILT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Right?

You have not established what type or kind of “BODY” it is only that it is spritually generated and can after taking from the tree of life live forever.  No matter what kin of body we are given it still must eat of the tree of life to continually live. Right?

There is a lot of speculations on this subject imo.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Yes the body that is sown is not that which is reaped.

It is sown a natural body and raised as a spiritual body.

No need for more speculations about the house plan of God.

1cor 15

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Where does scripture say that Adam could have lived forever IN HIS ORIGINAL BODY?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You somehow think that INHERIT means the same as PERCEIVED?

Which language?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I never said that I know what it will be like to have Christ’s body, and Christ’s body was not raised flesh and blood, but flesh and bones, he received the water of the fountain of life.  I have a body of weak mortal flesh that is tempted. Jesus has a body we are told that rose in power, that rose from the dead immortal, that rose in glory. I do not have a body of any of those things so I would have no clue as to what it would be like to have that body. When Christ returns we will know his body, as we in Christ dead or alive when he comes, will receive the SAME body he did when he ROSE.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

As said before, people witnessed Jesus after he rose from the dead, they saw him with their eyes, but they had NO clue as to what it is like to have an immortal body of power and glory. We are told in the above passage that we will not know what he shall be when he returns, because we cannot know until we are made as he is.  We will see him as he is BECAUSE we will be the same as he is. 

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus became one of us, so we could become like him.

Viewing 17 posts - 3,661 through 3,677 (of 3,677 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account