Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,481 through 2,500 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

Kathi! We are all Human Beings, but we are not all the same, just like Jesus is mot the same then His Father, that is what is important….. You want to make Jesus the same then His Father who by Jesus own words is greater then He is…..
    You will never convince me that Jesus is called Jehovah, that is the Father name ALONE……Peace Irene

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 06 2011,08:12)
    To All!  Begotten simple means to beget…. or to bring into existing…. Jesus was the firstborn of all creation….the beginning of the creation of God…end of story…
    Kathi, of all of your children who is the first begotten?  
    And which one is the firstborn….

END OF STORY……

So to you Jesus is “twice-begotten?”

Once, prior to creation, and once in Mary to be born among men?

Pastry
    Participant

Irene, when are you going to learn that one set of scriptures does not cancel out another?

God “begets” our spirits as his children, then “adopts” our bodies to conform to the image of his son. No flesh can please God, bu those who “conform to the image of his dear son” have been adopted thereby.

Paladin! And how did I do that? I didn't…. We were talking about that Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD IN John 1:14, and we are the adopted Sons of God, we are not begotten of God, but by a man and born of a woman….

And what Scripture shows me what YOU say?????

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 06 2011,01:53)
    Paladin!  At Baptism we received Gods Holy Spirit and now we are considered the Sons of God, we have received the Spirit of adoption….
    John tells us The The Word of God,who became Jesus, is the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER….
    we are not begotten of  Jesus Father…..Jesus is the ONLY ONE….

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.  

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”  

Rom 8:23 Not only [that], but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.  

Gal 4:5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.  

Gal 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”  

Eph 1:5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Irene

Irene, when will you recognize that God identified the day Jesus was begotten as the day he became the son of God?

“This day have I begotten thee” [psa 2:7] is quoted in Acts 13:33 referencing the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Jesus was “declared to be the son of God by the resurrection from the dead.” [Rom 1:4]

Jesus was declared to be the first and only one born from the dead.

He is the firstborn of creation, only after the resurrection and the new creation.

You really need to get away from the spoonfed doctrines and creeds and focus on the chronology of the writings of the disciples.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 07 2011,06:57)

Irene, when are you going to learn that one set of scriptures does not cancel out another?

God “begets” our spirits as his children, then “adopts” our bodies to conform to the image of his son. No flesh can please God, bu those who “conform to the image of his dear son” have been adopted thereby.

Paladin!  And how did I do that?  I didn't…. We were talking about that Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD IN John 1:14, and we are the adopted Sons of God, we are not begotten of God, but by a man and born of a woman….

YOU SAY –

we are not begotten of God, but by a man and born of a woman….

John is not talking about JESUS in 1:14, he is talking about the Christian in whom Christ lives, personifying the logos of God, which is what John says “became flesh”, and when he speaks of the lgory he uses the expression “as of the only begotten son” which is a reference to the fact that Christians in whom Christ lives have the same glory as of the son of God himself, because it is a reflection of that son in his life.

Are you telling me these people were not born of a man and woman?

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

AND THIS –
    1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

AND THIS –
    1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him

AND THIS –
    1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

AND THIS –
    1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

No Irene, you cannot establish that those in these references who are born of God were not previously born of a man and a woman.

You are arguing from plain stubborn doctrine position now.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Paladin @ Sep. 06 2011,17:07)

Irene, when will you recognize that God identified the day Jesus was begotten as the day he became the son of God?

Irene, hold fast to the truth you have been given.

“This day have I begotten thee” [psa 2:7] is quoted in Acts 13:33 referencing the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Actually, Paul spoke of a promise to the forefathers that was fulfilled by the resurrection of Jesus.  This promise that was fulfilled was NOT that God would beget a Son.  The promise that was fulfilled was that God would send a Messiah who would pave the way for our everlasting life.  The reason Paul quoted Psalm 2:7 every chance he got is this:
    Acts 9:20
    At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God.

Paul made it his personal mission to let everyone know that the crucified Jesus was, in fact, God's only begotten Son.  And he used that Psalm because, let's face it, there was not much more in the OT for him TO use to show evidence that God even HAD a Son.

Jesus was “declared to be the son of God by the resurrection from the dead.” [Rom 1:4]

Actually, Jesus was declared to be the son of God WITH POWER by his resurrection.  Paladin has left out two key words of the scripture.

He is the firstborn of creation, only after the resurrection and the new creation.

Again, Paladin is leaving out important words.  Jesus is said to be the firstborn of ALL creation.  There is nothing about the words “ALL things visible AND invisible, on earth AND in heaven, were created through him” that would suggest “only the new things were created through him”.  This is the invention of men with a PERSONAL agenda to keep, and not to be taken seriously.

You really need to get away from the spoonfed doctrines and creeds and focus on the chronology of the writings of the disciples.

And Paladin really needs to read John 3:16-18.  Everyone without a personal agenda to maintain will agree that the way Jesus was GIVEN to the world was as a sacrifice.  And it was God's ONLY BEGOTTEN SON who was GIVEN as that sacrifice.

1 John 4:9-10 also makes it clear that it was God's ALREADY only begotten Son who was SENT into the world as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

God's only begotten Son could not have been sent into the world to die for us if he didn't even become God's only begotten Son until after he was raised from the dead.  And that's why it says that when God AGAIN brings His firstborn into the world, even the angels will do obeisance to him.  For all knees will bow to him at that time.

Keep fighting the good fight, Irene.

peace and love,
    mike

Pastry
    Participant

Mike! You don't ever have to worry that I go back not believing Jesus was the firstborn of all creation, or the beginning of the creation of God….. Some like Paladin and Kerwin just don;t even know what begotten really means…. They also did not read that article I put up, which explains it all….. And Webster Dictionary says begotten simple means beget….. In Jesus case He was the first to beget from God….and that is what they don't understand…. then God created all through Jesus…. They are ignoring a lot of good Scriptures…. What all this searching the Scriptures has done for me, it has increased my knowledge and my Faith in God….. Since I have been doing this, I think more of God then I ever have…. All day long…..That I never done before…..I have taken this Scripture to heart

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; HOLD FAST THAT WHICH IS GOOD….

Peace and Love to you and yours Irene

Pastry
    Participant

John is not talking about JESUS in 1:14, he is talking about the Christian in whom Christ lives, personifying the logos of God, which is what John says “became flesh”, and when he speaks of the lgory he uses the expression “as of the only begotten son” which is a reference to the fact that Christians in whom Christ lives have the same glory as of the son of God himself, because it is a reflection of that son in his life.

Paladin!  So all Christians are the begotten of the Father?  No Sir….We are begotten from our Parents…. Adam was made out of the dust of the earth…… and to dust we all will go…. And if Jesus would not have come to earth to do His Fathers will, we would stay dead…

We received the Holy Spirit at Baptism and that is what makes us one with God and Jesus Christ…

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Jhn 6:39   And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.  

Jhn 6:40   And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.  

Where did God sent His Son from????

You are not paying attention what it says in John 1

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, AND THE WORD WAS GOD, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2   The same was in the beginning with God.  

The Word was God, and The Word was WITH GOD…. Two beings, not one……and then The Word became flesh……
    And how does Jesus live in us?  What Spirit does Jesus have?  Gods Holy Spirit, and that is what makes us all one with Jesus and His Father..

.Your ignoring the WORD OF GOD…. And that Word of God will come again as The Word of God…..

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  
    Rev 19:14   And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

Rev 19:15   And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  

Rev 19:16   And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.  

Jesus will strike the nations and set all straight… only the truth will be taught……
    Praise to our Jehovah God……Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Sep. 07 2011,10:07)

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 06 2011,01:53)
    Paladin!  At Baptism we received Gods Holy Spirit and now we are considered the Sons of God, we have received the Spirit of adoption….
    John tells us The The Word of God,who became Jesus, is the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER….
    we are not begotten of  Jesus Father…..Jesus is the ONLY ONE….

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.  

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”  

Rom 8:23 Not only [that], but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.  

Gal 4:5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.  

Gal 4:6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”  

Eph 1:5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Irene

Hi Paladin,

Are you saying Hebrews 1:6 is referring to the resurrection, rather than Jesus' birth?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world,
    he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. (Heb.1:6)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Sep. 07 2011,10:23)

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 07 2011,06:57)

Paladin!  And how did I do that?  I didn't…. We were talking about that Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD IN John 1:14, and we are the adopted Sons of God, we are not begotten of God, but by a man and born of a woman….

YOU SAY –

we are not begotten of God, but by a man and born of a woman….

Are you telling me these people were not born of a man and woman?

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

AND THIS –
    1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

AND THIS –
    1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him

AND THIS –
    1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

AND THIS –
    1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

No Irene, you cannot establish that those in these references who are born of God were not previously born of a man and a woman.

You are arguing from plain stubborn doctrine position now.

Hi Paladin,

They are having trouble seeing that “The Word” was in Jesus,
    which is how “Spirit”=91 (“Ho Logos”=91) became flesh.
    All we can do is keep explaining this to them. :)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Pastry
    Participant

Ed, your just as wrong as Paladin, not seeing that in John 1:1-2 ar two beings The Word of God, WHO WAS WITH GOD…simple as that…. You on the other hand have to add the Scripture and interpret the way you want… beats me why?????Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 07 2011,14:34)
    Ed, your just as wrong as Paladin, not seeing that in John 1:1-2 ar two beings The Word of God, WHO WAS WITH GOD…simple as that…. You on the other hand have to add the Scripture and interpret the way you want… beats me why?????Irene

Hi Irene,

Is it not you who tries to add Jesus to the text in John 1?
    Who gave us power to become the sons of God?

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
    even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood,
    nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

Paladin!  So all Christians are the begotten of the Father?  No Sir….We are begotten from our Parents…. Adam was made out of the dust of the earth…… and to dust we all will go…. And if Jesus would not have come to earth to do His Fathers will, we would stay dead…

So you disagree with Jesus when he states you must be born of spirit as you can see by this scripture.

John 3:6
    King James Version (KJV)

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

I ask as you are insisting that one cannot be begotten of the spirit because they have already been begotten of the flesh.  

You also seem to deny that God begat that believe by the word of truth even though James clearly teaches otherwise with these words/

James 1:18
    King James Version (KJV)

18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Then there is Peter’s words to the effect that we ate begotten  believers unto a lively hope.

1 Peter 1:3
    King James Version (KJV)

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Then John teaches that those who believe are both born and begotten of God.

1 John 5:18
    King James Version (KJV)

18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Your words seem to be denying all these scripture and therefore unknowingly calling God a liar.    Perhaps you have just worded your point poorly and are not denying that those that believe are begotten of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

Of course I believe that Jesus was conceived by Gods Holy Spirit and became man….. That has never been an Issue with me, or others….What we do debate is does Jesus existed before He became a man….

I have no idea what you believe the word “conceive” means but I believe it means to come to contain a developing human individual from the time of implantation to the birth.   An individual does not exist before they begin to develop.

I obtained my definition from Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary for the words conceive, pregnant, embryo. I merged those and I also extended the definition for embryo to birth to covers all of the stages an individual goes through in their mother’s inner parts.

What definition of conceive are you using and how does that same definition also fit John the Baptist's conception?

Paladin
    Participant

Pastry,Sep. wrote:

[/quote]

Paladin!  So all Christians are the begotten of the Father?  
    THIS-
    No Sir….We are begotten from our Parents….

Directly contradicts THIS –

AND THIS –

AND THIS –

AND THIS –

AND THIS –

(IRENE)

The Word was God, and The Word was WITH GOD…. Two beings, not one……

So you believe in two Gods?

Oh, that's right YOU have a DOCTRINE! Don't confuse you with facts, your mind is already made up.

Pastry
    Participant

Of course I believe that Jesus was conceived by Gods Holy Spirit and became man….. That has never been an Issue with me, or others….What we do debate is does Jesus existed before He became a man….

Kerwin, I said this…..

I have no idea what you believe the word “conceive” means but I believe it means to come to contain a developing human individual from the time of implantation to the birth.   An individual does not exist before they begin to develop.

You said that…You come to the wrong conclusion in what I said……Jesus did became a man by Maria….. But before He did, He existed as a Spirit Being…..You say an individual dos not exist before they develop…..which is true  as far as Humans are concerned, but Jesus existed again before He became a man.
    Scriptures say so…..He was in the form of God…

Phl 2:6   Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  

Kerwin, IN THE FORM OF GOD…..and what form is God?  A Spirit Being…. and that is what who became Jesus is and was before He became a man…

Phl 2:7   But made himself of no reputation, AND TOOK ON HIM THE FORM OF A SERVANT, AND WAS MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF MEN….then He became a man….
    First He was in the form of God, and then He was made in the likeness of men…

Rev 3:14 ¶ And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;  

HE IS THE BEGINNING OF THE CREATION OF GOD…

Col 1:15   Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:  

AGAIN HE WAS THE FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE…

You also did nt address John 1:1-14, yet when it comes to Rev. 19 you believe it is Jesus….It is the same being…..and He will come again to strike the nations with the wrath of God….. Only the truth will be taught…..Peace Irene

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 07 2011,14:15)

Quote (Paladin @ Sep. 07 2011,10:07)

Hi Paladin,

Are you saying Hebrews 1:6 is referring to the resurrection, rather than Jesus' birth?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world,
    he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. (Heb.1:6)

God bless
    Ed J

Jesus came to the Hebrew nation; i.e., the people of Abraham, the Jews. He sent his disciples to preach the gospel-
    beginning at Jerusalem; “And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” [Luke 24:47]:

Then proceeding into Judaea, then Samaria, Then to the uttermost parts of the earth;” But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” [Acts1:8]

The word used in Heb 1:6 is not kosmos, nor is it aiaon. It is
    “oikoumene” which is a reference to the Gentile world, as compared to the world of the Jews. It is a political reference, not spiritual, nor physical, as there are not two physical worlds, and if there were, they would be two kosmos', not
    “oikoumene.”

Hebrews 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the oikoumene [world], he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

This was at least forty days after Jesus was designated  
    “firstbegotten” from the dead.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 07 2011,23:07)

Kerwin, I said this…..

You said that…You come to the wrong conclusion in what I said……Jesus did became a man by Maria….. But before He did, He existed as a Spirit Being…..You say an individual dos not exist before they develop…..which is true  as far as Humans are concerned, but Jesus existed again before He became a man.
    Scriptures say so…..He was in the form of God…

Phl 2:6   Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  

Kerwin, IN THE FORM OF GOD…..and what form is God?  A Spirit Being…. and that is what who became Jesus is and was before He became a man…

Phl 2:7   But made himself of no reputation, AND TOOK ON HIM THE FORM OF A SERVANT, AND WAS MADE IN THE LIKENESS OF MEN….then He became a man….
    First He was in the form of God, and then He was made in the likeness of men…

Rev 3:14 ¶ And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;  

HE IS THE BEGINNING OF THE CREATION OF GOD…

Col 1:15   Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:  

AGAIN HE WAS THE FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE…

You also did nt address John 1:1-14, yet when it comes to Rev. 19 you believe it is Jesus….It is the same being…..and He will come again to strike the nations with the wrath of God….. Only the truth will be taught…..Peace Irene

To “conceive” is to “cause to be.” Prior to the conception by the Holy Spirit as recorded in Mat 1:20, Jesus existed only in prophecy.

That which is conceived of the Hloly Spirit is Spirit. Jesus' spirit was the offspring of the Holy spirit. [John 3:6]

Jesus' body was “made of a woman, made after the law. [Gal 4:4] Just as Eve was made from Adam's rib.

Jesus did not pre-exist his begettal, any more than Eve preceeded the rib of Adam.

Remember, Adam is called the “first man” Adam. And Paul says the first man Adam preceeded the second Adam.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Paladin…………Right on brother, It is simple to understand when a person get rid of all the “MYSTERY RELIGION” garbage of the Trinitarians and Preexistences, their “Mystery Religion” is simply a religion of CONFUSION. But thanks be to GOD that he has allowed Some to understand the Truth. Jesus is a 100% human being who under the influence of the GOD the FATHER who was (IN) Him as the LOGOS gave himself for the sins of the whole world that we all might be reconciled back to GOD. GOD THE FATHER WAS RECONCILING THE WHOLE WORLD BACK TO HIMSELF THROUGH JESUS by the Anointing LOGOS that was (IN) Jesus. He did not preexist before his berth on this earth just as you , Kerwin, Marty ,I, and others here have said. brother. That same LOGOS can also BE (IN) US, Just as you have brought out.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………..gene

Pastry
    Participant

o “conceive” is to “cause to be.” Prior to the conception by the Holy Spirit as recorded in Mat 1:20, Jesus existed only in prophecy.

That which is conceived of the Hloly Spirit is Spirit. Jesus' spirit was the offspring of the Holy spirit. [John 3:6]

Jesus' body was “made of a woman, made after the law. [Gal 4:4] Just as Eve was made from Adam's rib.

Jesus did not pre-exist his begettal, any more than Eve preceeded the rib of Adam.

Remember, Adam is called the “first man” Adam. And Paul says the first man Adam preceeded the second Adam.

THAT OF COURSE DID HAPPEN AFTER HE WAS WITH HIS FATHER
    And all the other Scriptures I gave Kerwin are all my imagination…… No my friend you ignore them, they willl not go away just because you SAY SO……

Viewing 20 posts - 2,481 through 2,500 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account