Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,23:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,16:45)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,23:00)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,15:20)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,20:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,13:22)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,20:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 25 2011,12:44)
    Yes Ed……………..”as of” the only begotten.  Go on…………..

Hi Mike,

Pretty simple really:
    The glory is God's, which is first seen in (“Jesus”=74) his “God Son”(74),
    then also seen in us. (See Romans 5:2, 8:18, 9:23-24)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

edj

what is the glory of God ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

dignity, glory, honor, praise, worship.

God bless

edj

NO to all ,

you have to think more

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace
    wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Link)

God bless

edj

Ro 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

I cut out this ;And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God

Now can you read it ?

it does not say what THE GLORY is it says that we hope in it to come

SO MY QUESTION REMAINS ;what is God s glory ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Just because you reject the answer, does not mean I didn't answer!
    If you want to answer your own question, go ahead no-one is stopping you. :)

God bless

edj

I know you have given a answer but not the right one ,

it shows that by using a word in scriptures does not make others believe that the writer knows what he is talking about is it ,

and so miss represent truth,

I NO at this time you have to find the answer or tell me that you do not know the answer to it ,

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,17:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,23:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,16:45)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,23:00)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,15:20)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,20:50)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,13:22)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,20:01)

Hi Mike,

Pretty simple really:

God bless

edj

what is the glory of God ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

dignity, glory, honor, praise, worship.

God bless

edj

NO to all ,

you have to think more

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace
    wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Link)

God bless

edj

Ro 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

I cut out this ;And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God

Now can you read it ?

it does not say what THE GLORY is it says that we hope in it to come

SO MY QUESTION REMAINS ;what is God s glory ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Just because you reject the answer, does not mean I didn't answer!
    If you want to answer your own question, go ahead no-one is stopping you. :)

God bless

edj

I know you have given a answer but not the right one ,

it shows that by using a word in scriptures does not make others believe that the writer  knows what he is talking about is it ,

and so miss represent truth,

I NO at this time you have to find the answer or tell me that you do not know the answer to it ,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I know the answer, it's the one I gave you that you reject.

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 25 2011,15:46)
    Irene,

We obviously understand two different things about who/what the Spirit of God is.

The Spirit of God is part of God but it also has an individual existence as a separate entity that has traits of a person but is not a person.  That is why Jesus in John 16:13 states “for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak” crediting the Spirit with independence as it with speaking only what it hears.   God would speak what he knows and not what he hears for he is the source of what is spoken, and that his The Word.   Other Scripture makes it clear that the Spirit is part of God.

Verse 1:14 does not state that the Word is the only begotten of God.  Read it carefully and you will find it instead makes the point that the glory of the Word incarnate is AS OF the only Begotten.  

John 1

King James Version (KJV)
    14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If you read Ephesians 4:3-6 then you will easily see that the Spirit of God and God are listed as separate parts of the unity of the Spirit.  

Ephesians 4

King James Version (KJV)

3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Kerwin! Lets see what the rest of Bible states about the Holy Spirit
    Of God says…..
    1Jo 4:1 ¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

The Spirit of God

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Spirit of God

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years

My Spirit

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Spirit of God

Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

There is ONE SPIRIT, not two….. The Spirit of God also is not a person or the third person of the trinity….

Also how can the Holy Spirit live in you if it is a person….

The Bible does not contradict itself…. So when it says in John 1:14 “the only begotten of the Father” that is not Gods Holy Spirit, but who became Jesus, the only begotten Son of God………full of grace and truth…

Mike asked Ed who is the only begotten of the Father? And He said it is Yashua…. That is the name of The Word of God who as a Human Being became Jesus….Just like Jehovah God is Almighty Gods name, so is the name of The Word of God a TITLE, like God is…..
    The only thing you have problems with, is that Jesus preexisted His birth on earth…. I had asked you once before to take all those Scriptures in the preexisting debate tread, and make a good study out of it…… Believe me, we had a problem at first with that concept too…. But we prayed for guidance and wisdom, especially Georg, and God showed us that it is the truth…
    Peace and Love Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,13:45)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,13:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,13:07)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,12:54)

Ed!  Yes, but we did not exist before we became flesh…..

Hi Irene,

Speak for yourself. (See 2Tm.1:9)

God bless

(1) Ed!  Then where did you come from?  (2) Not from your Parents?  (3) Jesus was created by Almighty God, (4) not from the dust of the earth like we did….(5) And where is there a Scripture and proof that you existed before????Irene
    (6) Ps. That Scripture does not proof you existed before, only that we were predestine to be called….

Hi Irene,

1) YHVH
    2) Through my parents.
    3) Are you talking about being created in Mary's womb?
    4) Adam came from dust, I came by way of my parents.
    5) 2Timothy 1:9, John 15:27, Jeremiah 1:5, Jude 1:12.
    6) What scripture are you referring to?

God bless

Ed! Just one answer, from dust you came and to dust you will return….
    Gen 3:19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

Even so we came from our Parents, we are through Adam made from the dust,and to dust we will return……And if it woukldn't be for Jesus we would stay dust….

Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,17:50)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,13:45)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,13:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,13:07)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,12:54)

Ed!  Yes, but we did not exist before we became flesh…..

Hi Irene,

Speak for yourself. (See 2Tm.1:9)

God bless

(1) Ed!  Then where did you come from?  (2) Not from your Parents?  (3) Jesus was created by Almighty God, (4) not from the dust of the earth like we did….(5) And where is there a Scripture and proof that you existed before????Irene
    (6) Ps. That Scripture does not proof you existed before, only that we were predestine to be called….

Hi Irene,

1) YHVH
    2) Through my parents.
    3) Are you talking about being created in Mary's womb?
    4) Adam came from dust, I came by way of my parents.
    5) 2Timothy 1:9, John 15:27, Jeremiah 1:5, Jude 1:12.
    6) What scripture are you referring to?

God bless

Ed!  Just one answer, from dust you came and to dust you will return….
    Gen 3:19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”  

Even so we came from our Parents, we are through Adam made from the dust,and to dust we will return……And if it woukldn't be for Jesus we would stay dust….

Irene

Hi Irene,

Romans 8:13-14  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the
    deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,18:50)
    Romans 8:13-14  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the
    deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

ED j………….Exactly right brother. They simply do not get it, they are blind guides of the blind and they (ARE) all in  a ditch and don't even know it. IMO

peace and love…………………………………gene

Pastry
    Participant

Hi Irene,

Romans 8:13-14 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the
    deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Ed
    Oh, you not going to die?????? All in Adam will die…..and you are not in the flesh no more????…. that is what we are talking about, not if we live b y Faith… out of the dust ….. YOU WILL DIE ONE DAY…..
    Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 26 2011,01:44)

Hi Irene,

deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Ed
    Oh, you not going to die?????? All in Adam will die…..and you are not in the flesh no more????…. that is what we are talking about, not if we live b y Faith… out of the dust ….. YOU WILL DIE ONE DAY…..
    Irene

Hi Irene,

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. (Romans 8:9)
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:26)
    We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God
    keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. (1 John 5:18)

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 26 2011,10:39)

Hi Irene,

Ed
    Irene

Hi Irene,

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. (Romans 8:9)
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:26)
    We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God

God bless

Ed, for pets sake, we are not on the right track… The Scripture you give is not what I was comparing…. We are made out of the dust of the earth, that is what we were discussing….
    And you did not even answer the question…. all in Adam will die and all in Christ we will be made live again…. some to eternal destruction, and some to eternal life….
    If we believe we don't sin the truth is n ot in us….
    1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
    Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2011,20:01)

Hi Mike,

Pretty simple really:

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed,

So you're saying that God is His own “only begotten”?  I don't understand.

peace,
    mike

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,10:22)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 25 2011,22:14)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 24 2011,10:26)
    Kerwin

I believe Jesus is called the Word of God in Revelations 19 because he is the incarnation of the Word of God.  

In John 1:1+  speaks of God being the incarnation of the Word,  The Spirit beeing with God being the incarnation of the Word, and Jesus becomming the incarnation of the Word.

are you a believer in reincarnation ?

Pierre

Pierre,

I did not use the word reincarnation.  I used the word “incarnation” in its meaning as “a concrete or actual form of a quality or concept; especially: a person showing a trait or typical character to a marked degree.”  

The example of this provided by Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary is “she is the incarnation of goodness”

In the same way Jesus, God, and the Spirit of God are all incarnations of The Word of God.

Other words that mean the same thing are manifestation and embodiment.

Kerwin

Ancient Egypt

The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt were sometimes said to be incarnations of the gods Horus and Ra.
    [edit]Bahá'í

Further information: God in the Bahá'í Faith
    In the Bahá'í Faith, God is described as a single, imperishable God, the creator of all things, including all the creatures and forces in the universe. The connection between God and the world is that of the creator to his creation.[2] God is understood to be independent of his creation, and that creation is dependent and contingent on God. God, however, is not seen to be incarnated into this world and is not seen to be part of creation as he cannot be divided and does not descend to the condition of his creatures. Instead, in the Bahá'í understanding, the world of creation emanates from God, in that all things have been realized by him and have attained to existence.[3] The Bahá'í concept of the intermediary between God and humanity is expressed in the term Manifestation of God, which are a series of personages, such as Jesus and Bahá'u'lláh, who reflect the attributes of the divine into the human world for the progress and advancement of human morals and civilization.[4] In expressing God's intent, these Manifestations are seen to establish religion in the world.[4] The Manifestations of God are also not seen as an incarnation of God, but are instead understood to be like a perfect mirror reflecting the attributes of God onto this material world.[4][5]
    [edit]Buddhism

Illustration of the Ashoka Chakra, as depicted on the National flag of the Republic of India.
    See also: Rebirth (Buddhism)
    In the teaching of the Buddha sentient beings incarnate due to the psychological factors of ignorance, craving and clinging which results in the phenomenon of becoming and rebirth. To be born human is considered a great privilege because unlike other mammals even a person of average intelligence with sufficient effort and proper guidance can walk the path of dharma and become liberated from the cycle of rebirth. The motive force in the process of material incarnation and becoming (popularly known as 'life') is attachment to and identification with matter. This ignorance gives rise to the volitional factors which are called sankharas. These sankharas through the infinite possibilities of worldly desires propel the human being through the pattern of repeated birth and death until the dawning of wisdom (awakening) brings about the desire for liberation.
    According to Buddha's teaching the soul (as that structure of sankharas that gives rise to incarnation and animates the body during 'life') is not a fixed entity but in a state of constant flux – being modified over time by actions of body, speech and mind. The constant transmutation and interdependence of phenomena mean that nothing can be said in terms of ultimate truth to have a fixed identity. This is the doctrine of anatta, the no-self doctrine applying to all phenomena (see Three marks of existence).
    Liberation in Buddhism is achieved when the stock of accumulated sankharas buried in the unconscious have been dissolved through the practise of the Noble Eightfold Path, a path leading to the experience called enlightenment (Bodhi in Sanskrit and Pali). At enlightenment all the causes for future rebirth have been deleted and the sage abides in a state of being called deathlessnes (Amaravati or Amrta). Such a one – called an arahant or Buddha is no longer destined for reincarnation after death.
    In Tibetan Buddhism, an enlightened spiritual teacher (lama) may choose to reincarnate after death in order to continue to help people. Such a teacher is called a tulku.
    [edit]Christianity

Christ Pantocrator, God incarnate in the Christian faith, shown in a mosaic from Daphni, Greece, ca. 1080-1100.
    Main article: Incarnation (Christianity)
    The Incarnation of Christ is a central Christian doctrine that God became flesh, assumed a human nature, and became a man in the form of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the second person of the Trinity. This foundational Christian position holds that the divine nature of the Son of God was perfectly united with human nature in one divine Person, Jesus, making him both truly God and truly man. The theological term for this is hypostatic union: the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, God the Son, became flesh when he was miraculously conceived in the womb of the Virgin Mary.[6] Biblical passages traditionally referenced in connection with the doctrine of the Incarnation include John 1:14 and Colossians 2:9.
    [edit]Hinduism

Varaha, the boar avatar of Vishnu
    Main article: Avatar
    In Hinduism, incarnation generally refers to an Avatar of Vishnu, the preserver in the Trimurti. Collectively, the 10 avatars of Vishnu are known as the dashavatara. Ganesha and Shiva also have avatars.
    [edit]Islam

[edit]Mainstream Islam
    Mainstream Islam completely rejects the doctrine of the incarnation of God in any form, as the concept is defined as Shirk. In mainstream Islam God is one and “neither begets nor is begotten”.[7] Islam specifically rejects the Christian idea of Jesus as a divine incarnation, but rather Jesus is seen as a prophet (nabī) and messenger (rasūl) of God. The Qur'anic text itself seems to fully reject this concept according to mainstream interpretations. Sunnism is the most prominent sect to hold this belief.
    [edit]Shiite sects
    There are some hadiths which tell that Muhammad and his successors carry a divine succession from God.[clarification needed] Although not all Shiites claim this view, a rare few think that Imam Ali, believed to be the real caliph after Muhammad, was an incarnation of God and also he is the god(ali).[clarification needed] . This view is vigorously rejected by Sunnis and other shias..[clarification needed] The only conflict source between sunnis and shias is believing that imam ali be the real caliph after Muhammad in the view of shias and the acceptance of 12 “imam's” “welayah”. However, some Muslims called “wahabi” say some tales about shias incarnation thought
    for making division between shias and sunnis that they call brothers in quran. They also accuse shias of worshiping metals and woods. But shias only use them as “tabarrok” just like “hazrate zahra”(Muhammad's daughter) that she use “tabarrok” first. In shias philosophy, tabarrok is for showing your love to “ahle beit” and requesting “shafa'at” from them because they believe that ahle beyt where the best God created and they use this method to have better connection to Allah or they use this method it when they do sins and want to request “maghferat” from God they believe its easier to go from this method.
    [edit]Alawis
    The Alawi of Syria encompass Muhammad, Allah and Ali in a trinity based from Christianity..[clarification needed]
    [edit]Ismailism
    The Aga Khan is the leader of the Ismailis and is believed that only he can fully understand and interpret the Quran. The Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims take the Aga Khan as an Imam (spiritual leader). In the Shia tariqah the Light Of God (Noor) has always been present. The Islamic prophet Muhammed had this Noor. There is a Hadith stating that Muhammad said “Ali and I are from the same Noor”. Aga Khan is the direct descendant of Muhammad through Imam Ali and Bibi Fatima. The Noor has been passed down since there needs to be a guide present at all times to interpret the Quran and give guidance according to the time..[clarification needed]
    [edit]Nation of Islam
    The founder of the US-based black nationalist Nation of Islam, Wallace Fard Muhammad, is believed by followers to be an incarnation of God, also considered to be the Messiah of Christianity and Mahdi of Islam.
    [edit]Judaism

Main article: God in Judaism
    Main article: Chabad-Lubavitch related controversies
    Mainstream Judaism totally rejects any doctrine of an incarnation of God and absolutely rejects any concept of an incarnation of God in any form.[8] Jews especially rejected vehemently – even under penalty of death or threats of torture – the Christian idea of Jesus as a divine incarnation of God, and neither see Jesus as a Prophet nor Messiah.
    However, some Hasidim believe in a somewhat similar concept. Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, a prominent Hasidic leader, said that the Rebbe is God's essence itself put into a body of a Tzaddik. [9]. While many other Jews find this idea highly controversial, panentheism, i.e. considering everything and everyone as manifestations of God, is the accepted mainstream Hasidic and Kabbalistic doctrine.
    The Kabbalah has an idea of gilgul (reincarnation) as part of the soul's journey to achieve perfection.
    [edit]Rastafari

The Rastafari movement views Haile Selassie I as God incarnate, who has come the second time as a deliverer.

Pierre

Pierre,

I have read what you have quoted but have no idea what your point is unless in is and For Your Information post.

terraricca
    Participant

kERWIN

Pierre,

I have read what you have quoted but have no idea what your point is unless in is and For Your Information post.

WHAT ABOUT INCARNATION ?

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

1 John 1:4-2 is speaking of the spirit beyond the letter of a teaching and not directly about the Holy Spirit.  Indirectly it can be stated to referring to the one teaching that instruct those that adhere to it how to receive and live according to godly character (spirit)

The Hebrew word “ruwach” is translated to “Spirit”.   It is a feminism noun indicating the Spirit of God is a feminine aspect of God just as the Wisdom of God is.   Women are child bearers and thus the Spirit is the Dam to God’s Sire in story of creation.  In other words the Spirit is God’s creative force which is a part of him that acts independently of him but according to his word.

It is written that the wages of sin is death.  God’s spirit is his seat of character as well as his creative force.  His godly character thus struggled with the spirit of corruption in man in order to extend the life of human kind in accordance with His Word.  Instead of a continuous and doomed struggle, caused by the corruption in mankind, he then chose to put a time limit on his struggle d.  That corruption is spoken as the flesh of in Galatians 5:16-
    Job speaks of his creation which is a type of Adam’s creation in that God spoke his Word and thus Sired Job and the Spirit performed the Word and thus became the Dam of Job.  Never the less, Job’s spirit fell short of God’s essential character because he is flesh and not Spirit.

Ephesians 4:- specifically states there that the one Spirit is part of the unity of the Spirit and that the one God is another part of the unity of the Spirit.   It does not state they are the same part.  

There is one Spirit because there is only one Godly character which each part of the unity lives according to.

God is incorporeal but he is the whole while his spirit though also incorporeal is merely a part of the whole that serves as his creative force and spokeswoman.  

All the applicable scriptures you mention only address those two aspects of the Spirit of God.

I myself originally believed that Jesus preexisted his conception until it was revealed to me that one cannot exist before they are conceived (exist).

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 26 2011,10:32)
    kERWIN

Pierre,

WHAT ABOUT INCARNATION ?

Pierre

Pierre,

There are many who believe that gods or God have been made or will be made flesh. I am not one of those.

I simply believe that the Word of God incarnated in flesh just as I wrote earlier.

The Word is not an entity just as “Action” is not an entity.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 26 2011,10:48)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 26 2011,10:39)

Hi Irene,

Ed
    Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless

Ed, for pets sake, we are not on the right track… The Scripture you give is not what I was comparing…. We are made out of the dust of the earth, that is what we were discussing….
    And you did not even answer the question…. all in Adam will die and all in Christ we will be made live again…. some to eternal destruction, and some to eternal life….
    If we believe we don't sin the truth is n ot in  us….
    1Jo 1:8   If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  

1Jo 1:9   If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  

1Jo 1:10   If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.  
    Peace Irene

Hi Irene,

By Chapter 5 we learn to stop sinning. (1John 5:18)

Even Jesus' body was made of dirt. (Going back to Adam)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 26 2011,11:05)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2011,20:01)

Hi Mike,

Pretty simple really:

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed,

So you're saying that God is  His own “only begotten”?  I don't understand.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

So you're saying that God is  “IN”  His own “only begotten”?   <– Fixed

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 26 2011,16:12)
    Irene,

1 John 1:4-2 is speaking of the spirit beyond the letter of a teaching and not directly about the Holy Spirit.  Indirectly it can be stated to referring to the one teaching that instruct those that adhere to it how to receive and live according to godly character (spirit)

The Hebrew word “ruwach” is translated to “Spirit”.   It is a feminism noun indicating the Spirit of God is a feminine aspect of God just as the Wisdom of God is.   Women are child bearers and thus the Spirit is the Dam to God’s Sire in story of creation.  In other words the Spirit is God’s creative force which is a part of him that acts independently of him but according to his word.

It is written that the wages of sin is death.  God’s spirit is his seat of character as well as his creative force.  His godly character thus struggled with the spirit of corruption in man in order to extend the life of human kind in accordance with His Word.  Instead of a continuous and doomed struggle, caused by the corruption in mankind, he then chose to put a time limit on his struggle d.  That corruption is spoken as the flesh of in Galatians 5:16-
    Job speaks of his creation which is a type of Adam’s creation in that God spoke his Word and thus Sired Job and the Spirit performed the Word and thus became the Dam of Job.  Never the less, Job’s spirit fell short of God’s essential character because he is flesh and not Spirit.

Ephesians 4:- specifically states there that the one Spirit is part of the unity of the Spirit and that the one God is another part of the unity of the Spirit.   It does not state they are the same part.  

There is one Spirit because there is only one Godly character which each part of the unity lives according to.

God is incorporeal but he is the whole while his spirit though also incorporeal is merely a part of the whole that serves as his creative force and spokeswoman.  

All the applicable scriptures you mention only address those two aspects of the Spirit of God.

I myself originally believed that Jesus preexisted his conception until it was revealed to me that one cannot exist before they are conceived (exist).

Hi Kerwin,

I was very impressed with this post, that is until I got to the last line.

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ED j……….Kerwins last statement is correct brother. Jesus or us did not preexist our berths on this earth, we were all in the “WILL” and “PLAN” of GOD but came into “BEING” at our appointed times. IMO

peace and love………………………………gene

Pastry
    Participant

Kerwin! And now you are going to ignore those Scriptures that teach that Jesus did preexist???

1 John 1:4-2 is speaking of the spirit beyond the letter of a teaching and not directly about the Holy Spirit.

What verse are you talking about? The Blue letter Bible says this

1Jo 1:1 ¶ That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

1Jo 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen [it], and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

1Jo 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

1Jo 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

And what exactly does this have to do with the preexisting and John 1:1-14….nothing….

The Word of God became flesh, Kerwin… HE IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER….. FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH… You tell me who that is…. can God Holy Spirit become flesh??? i don't think so…. neither can Gods Holy Spirit, and if you say the Holy Spirit became flesh in Jesus you are not saying what it says…. The Word of God was with God…. read it…. and was God…. read it…. God and The Word of God, King of Kings And Lord of Lords are all titles. Both Almighty God and The Word of God have names. Jehovah God and Yashua…. Very seldom if not at all Jesus is called by His name Yashua…..
    I have said it all to you Kerwin…. Now I will say to you, its done… Let the God Jehovah deal with all that is truth…. if I am wrong, He will in due time correct me, if you are wrong, He will do the same to you, through our Lord and King Jesus Christ our Savior…Amen…
    Peace and Love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 27 2011,01:26)
    ED j……….Kerwins last statement is correct brother.  Jesus or us did not preexist our berths on this earth, we were all in the “WILL” and “PLAN”  of GOD but came into “BEING” at our appointed times. IMO

peace and love………………………………gene

Hi Gene,

Five Common Fallacies, Don't Be Fooled By Them

1) Believing what you currently think the truth is, actually is “The Truth” ?
    2) Making up scenarios to illustrate this believed truth, is proof that it is true ? ?
    3) Repeating  ‘it’  over and over helps to substantiate, to others, the fact IT IS true ? ? ?
    5) Believing that if you get others to agree with you, is FURTHER proof that  ‘it’  is correct ? ? ? ?
    4) Believing counter arguments are all  ‘fake’,  while your own scenarios are rock solid PROOF ? ? ? ? ?

THE (real) TRUTH
    By Ed J.  :cool:

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account