Examination of the incarnation doctrine.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,241 through 2,260 (of 3,216 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 24 2011,09:41)

Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 23 2011,03:42)
    When was Jesus declared to be God's son?
    Rom 1:3-4
    “Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

And when did God declare he begot Jesus?
    Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

And when was this day?

It's interesting that the demons recognized Jesus as the Son of the Most High God before he was raised from the dead.  

It's interesting how Jesus said God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son into it.  

And it's interesting that God will, at some future time, AGAIN bring His firstborn into the world.  And this time, the angels will bow down to him.

Hi Mike,

Excellent point!

There is MUCH Fractal consistency within “The Bible”!
    The Seven-fold “Son of God”, Jesus, the Christ…

1) His Pre-existence (Job 38:7)
    2) His Conception. (Luke 1:35)
    3) His Birth (Mathew 1:18, 20)
    4) His Baptism (John 1:33-34)
    5) His Ministry (Mathew 14:33)
    6) His Crucifixion (Mark 15:39)
    7) His Resurrection (Rom.1:4)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 24 2011,16:02)
    Kerwin, then God became flesh?  Because the Holy Spirit is of God and not that His Spirit is a separate being from God…. it is part of God…. verse 14 tells us that The Word of God also is the only begotten of the Father, so it cannot be the Holy Spirit of God, it makes no sense…
    IN John 1 are two beings presented not one….since the Holy Spirit is of God that would have to be just one being, and that is not so….I hope I made myself clear here by saying this….Irene

Hi Irene,

Ho Logos(91)  =  Spirit(91)

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye “received the word” of God
    which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth,
    “The Word” of God, which effectually worketh also
    “in you” that believe. (1Thess.2:13)

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man,
    but the “Spirit” of God. Now “we have received”, not the spirit of the world, but the
    “Spirit” which is of God; that we might know the things that are
    “freely given to us” of God. (1Cor.2:11-12)

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Aug. 23 2011,20:42)
    Pierre[/quote]
    Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: 23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.

Jeremiah 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Psalm 89:3 I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant,
    19 Then thou spakest in vision to thy holy one, and saidst, I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people. 20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him: 24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted. 26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. 27 Also [kagw prwtotokon theesomai auton] I [will make] him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. [theesomai = future middle indicative form of verb “Tithemi”- to assign, make, anoint someone something]

When was Jesus declared to be God's son?
    Rom 1:3-4
    “Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

And when did God declare he begot Jesus?
    Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

And when was this day?
    “Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent. 27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him. 28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. 29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre. 30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
    Acts 13:26-33

God made promises to Jesus in prophecy, but he made them to Abraham And to David in person. And Jesus was their offs-pring. “….thy seed after thee.”

Jesus was “in the loins” of Abraham, Judah, David, and all the geneology in the Messianic line. Or don't you believe the scriptures? No “if” involoved, no “Big IF” simply scripture unfolded in history.

Paladin……………….> This is a excellent post brother and exactly right. The preexistent people here as well as the Trinitarians have a preconceived mind set and are unable to understand the truth of God written in Scriptures it just has not been given to them. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……..You are right it is the Spirit (intellect) of GOD that reveals the things of GOD to us, Just as it did and does (in) the Anointed Jesus. It works the same for us as it did for Jesus and it declares GOD the Father to us. You have it right brother.

peace and love………………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2011,19:06)

For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye “received the word” of God
    which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth,

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man,
    but the “Spirit” of God. Now “we have received”, not the spirit of the world, but the

God bless

ED J ………..This is a good and right Post brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 24 2011,23:27)

God bless

ED J ………..This is a good and right Post brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

Hi Gene,

You know most here do not believe “The Word” is the “Spirit” of God.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ED j……………….I know that brother. They think Jesus is the WORD, But Jesus had the WORD or LOGOS (IN) Him and the was the same as GOD the FATHER who He said was (IN) HIM Doing the WORK, but many deceivers are in the world Just as Jesus said there would be   ” many shall come in my name and deceive many” Yes they will preach Jesus in a deceiving way and the word many means Most today, especially the preexistent and  their brother the trinitarians, and that all equals “MANY” , IMO.

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………….gene

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 24 2011,16:02)
    Kerwin, then God became flesh?  Because the Holy Spirit is of God and not that His Spirit is a separate being from God…. it is part of God…. verse 14 tells us that The Word of God also is the only begotten of the Father, so it cannot be the Holy Spirit of God, it makes no sense…
    IN John 1 are two beings presented not one….since the Holy Spirit is of God that would have to be just one being, and that is not so….I hope I made myself clear here by saying this….Irene

Hi Irene,

God bless

Ed!
    1Th 2:13 ¶ For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as] the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

1Cr 2:11   For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.  

1Cr 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

These Scriptures are true, but have nothing to do with what we are discussing who The Word of God is…..

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  

Jhn 1:2   The same was in the beginning with God.  

There are two beings not one in these two Scriptures.  The Word of God WHO WAS WITH GOD…The Holy Spirit is of God.. therefore one Being, not the case here…

Jhn 1:14 ¶ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.  

Then in this verse John shows us that The Word of God became flesh, who is the only begotten of the Father… Who is that????
    Who became Jesus…

We also have another Scripture that explains who The Word of God is.  And He will come back as The Word of God…

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

Rev 19:14   And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

Rev 19:15   And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  

Rev 19:16   And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Ed, when you make a post, it is very hard to understand what you mean… I wish you leave your numbers out and say what you are explaining……. Peace and Love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,06:47)
    We also have another Scripture that explains who The Word of God is.  And He will come back as The Word of God…

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

Rev 19:14   And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.  

Rev 19:15   And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.  

Rev 19:16   And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Ed, when you make a post, it is very hard to understand what you mean… I wish you leave your numbers out and say what you are explaining……. Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

I don't see the name Jesus in those verses; how is it that you do?
    You have a lot of trouble understanding “Rev.19:11-21”
    is talking about The “HolySpirit”; but I can help!

Father: The Word = HolySpirit                
                                   Isaiah means: (YHVH=63) “Ya is Savior”
                                                        (Click Here)

Isaiah 63:2-10 Wherefore art thou red in thine apparel(Jer.4:30), and thy garments like him
    that treadeth in the winefat? I (HolySpirit) have trodden the winepress alone (Rev.19:15);
    and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample
    them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments(Rev.19:13), and I will
    stain all my raiment
    . For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come.
    And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine
    own arm brought salvation unto me(Job.40:10-14); and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the
    people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength(Ez.28:9) to
    the earth. I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to
    all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which
    he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his loving-
    kindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Savior.
    In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his
    pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old. But they rebelled, and
    vexed his
    HolySpirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he(HolySpirit) fought against them

The “HolySpirit” is indeed “The Word”; does this information help you(Irene) to understand now? (Mark 4:12)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 27:4-5)

Pastry
    Participant

To All! They didn't believe Jesus and Jesus said:” If they didn't believe me, they will also not believe you…… So when members say something against us, we will consider the source…. One day they will have to, when Jesus comes and sets all straight…Irene

Pastry
    Participant

So the Holy Spirit has a vest on dipped in blood.  The Holy Spirit has a name written on His tight “The Word of God”  The Holy Spirit would have to be a person.  And then be KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.  A PERSON???   I don;t believe that for a second…
    Why do I believe it is who became Jesus in these verses? Who else fits this description????

How can that be the Spirit of God…..Unless you believe in the trinity…. I don't .Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,06:57)
    To All! They didn't believe Jesus and Jesus said:” If they didn't believe me, they will also not believe you…… So when members say something against us, we will consider the source….  One day they will have to, when Jesus comes and sets all straight…Irene

Hi Irene,

Has somebody said something against you?

Jesus returned (with the HolySpirit) on “Pentecost”! (Link)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,07:05)

So the Holy Spirit has a vest on dipped in blood.  The Holy Spirit has a name written on His tight “The Word of God”  The Holy Spirit would have to be a person.  And then be KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.  A PERSON???   I don;t believe that for a second…..Irene

Hi Irene,

Give God's spirit time to work on you.

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,07:08)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,06:57)
    To All! They didn't believe Jesus and Jesus said:” If they didn't believe me, they will also not believe you…… So when members say something against us, we will consider the source….  One day they will have to, when Jesus comes and sets all straight…Irene

Hi Irene,

Has somebody said something against you?

Jesus returned (with the HolySpirit) on “Pentecost”! (Link)

God bless

You didn't read Gene's post??? And that is not the first time Gene has done that…. Even as far as saying I have the Spirit of Anti_Christ…Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Ed
    Ok Gene….. You can't explain Rev. 19 so you have to take to belittle me, is that what it is??? :D :D :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,07:13)

Ok Gene….. You can't explain Rev. 19 so you have to take to belittle me, is that what it is??? :D :D :D

Hi Irene,

How is me explaining Rev.19:11-21 going to change your mind?
    I have said to you many times to compare Rev.19:11-21
    with Isaiah 63:2-10; that is where the answer is!

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

edj

the following scriptures are related to the coming of Christ as the messiah

Isa 62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
    for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet,
    till her righteousness shines out like the dawn,
    her salvation like a blazing torch.
    Isa 62:2 The nations will see your righteousness,
    and all kings your glory;
    you will be called by a new name
    that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
    Isa 62:3 You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD'S hand,
    a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
    Isa 62:4 No longer will they call you Deserted,
    or name your land Desolate.
    But you will be called Hephzibah,
    and your land Beulah ;
    for the LORD will take delight in you,
    and your land will be married.
    Isa 62:5 As a young man marries a maiden,
    so will your sons marry you;
    as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
    so will your God rejoice over you.

Isa 62:6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
    they will never be silent day or night.
    You who call on the LORD,
    give yourselves no rest,
    Isa 62:7 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem
    and makes her the praise of the earth.

Isa 62:8 The LORD has sworn by his right hand
    and by his mighty arm:
    “Never again will I give your grain
    as food for your enemies,
    and never again will foreigners drink the new wine
    for which you have toiled;
    Isa 62:9 but those who harvest it will eat it
    and praise the LORD,
    and those who gather the grapes will drink it
    in the courts of my sanctuary.”

Isa 62:10 Pass through, pass through the gates!
    Prepare the way for the people.
    Build up, build up the highway!
    Remove the stones.
    Raise a banner for the nations.

Isa 62:11 The LORD has made proclamation
    to the ends of the earth:
    “Say to the Daughter of Zion,
    ‘See, your Savior comes!
    See, his reward is with him,
    and his recompense accompanies him.’ ”
    Isa 62:12 They will be called the Holy People,
    the Redeemed of the LORD?
    and you will be called Sought After,
    the City No Longer Deserted.
    ============================================================

the following scriptures are related to the action and results of Christ success and return

Rev 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
    Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God,
    Rev 19:18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great.”

so what you say EDDY?

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 25 2011,07:18)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 25 2011,07:13)

Hi Irene,

How is me explaining Rev.19:11-21 going to change your mind?
    I have said to you many times to compare Rev.19:11-21
    with Isaiah 63:2-10; that is where the answer is!

God bless

Pierre gave you the Scriptures, so I do not have to do so….
    Ed, you are not explaining at all, who is The Word of God in Rev. 19 that has a robe on dipped in blood,and is called also KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS…. the Holy Spirit is of God, and not The Word of God that has a robe on dipped in blood… Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 24 2011,06:50)
    Hi Gene,

You know most here do not believe “The Word” is the “Spirit” of God.

Hi Ed,

And is the Spirit of God actually God Himself? Or is it a completely separate God?

Whoever the Word was in 1:1, that person BECAME flesh, dwelled among us on earth, had the glory of God's only begotten, died, and then was raised from the dead and now sits at God's right hand.

If the Word was God's Holy Spirit, then that Holy Spirit DIED at one time.

If the Word = God's Spirit = God Himself, like I think you believe, then we have all kinds of problems.

Because people HAVE then seen the face of God, when scripture says they haven't.

And it would mean that God Himself became flesh and had a glory of HIS OWN only begotten.

It would mean that God Himself DIED, raised HIMSELF from the grave, and now sits at HIS OWN right hand.

Have you thought this through Ed?

peace and love,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2011,08:16)
    edj

the following scriptures are related to the coming of Christ as the messiah

Isa 62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent,
    for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet,
    till her righteousness shines out like the dawn,
    her salvation like a blazing torch.
    Isa 62:2 The nations will see your righteousness,
    and all kings your glory;
    you will be called by a new name
    that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
    Isa 62:3 You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD'S hand,
    a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
    Isa 62:4 No longer will they call you Deserted,
    or name your land Desolate.
    But you will be called Hephzibah,
    and your land Beulah ;
    for the LORD will take delight in you,
    and your land will be married.
    Isa 62:5 As a young man marries a maiden,
    so will your sons marry you;
    as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
    so will your God rejoice over you.

Isa 62:6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
    they will never be silent day or night.
    You who call on the LORD,
    give yourselves no rest,
    Isa 62:7 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem
    and makes her the praise of the earth.

Isa 62:8 The LORD has sworn by his right hand
    and by his mighty arm:
    “Never again will I give your grain
    as food for your enemies,
    and never again will foreigners drink the new wine
    for which you have toiled;
    Isa 62:9 but those who harvest it will eat it
    and praise the LORD,
    and those who gather the grapes will drink it
    in the courts of my sanctuary.”

Isa 62:10 Pass through, pass through the gates!
    Prepare the way for the people.
    Build up, build up the highway!
    Remove the stones.
    Raise a banner for the nations.

Isa 62:11 The LORD has made proclamation
    to the ends of the earth:
    “Say to the Daughter of Zion,
    ‘See, your Savior comes!
    See, his reward is with him,
    and his recompense accompanies him.’ ”
    Isa 62:12 They will be called the Holy People,
    the Redeemed of the LORD?
    and you will be called Sought After,
    the City No Longer Deserted.
    ============================================================

the following scriptures are related to the action and results of Christ success and return

Rev 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

Rev 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
    Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God,
    Rev 19:18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great.”

so what you say EDDY?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Chapter 63.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 2,241 through 2,260 (of 3,216 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account