Doubt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy……Nick thinks if he quotes it that means he understands it , nothing could be further from the truth, we can all parrot Jesus and not even understand one thing He meant. When ever something is explained He attaches words, like “YOUR INTELLECT”or “WORLDLY WISDOM”, or “YOUR WORD DO NO REELECT SCRIPTURE” , like he would Know right?. What he really is doing is covering His lack of understanding of Scriptures. But i still love and respect his right to (HIS) opinions.

love and peace to you and yours Mandy…………………gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Good morning, Gene.

I think that both perspectives are good to compare, if it can be done respectfully. I have personally really enjoyed your posts lately. We know there are other's that read here who find relief in your words as well.

Press on,
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy………I know i don't have everything right all the time, but i do try to grow in understanding of GOD'S words and seek it. I will press on there is no where else to go. I love all that seek God and Jesus trying to be part of the Kingdom of GOD. One day we will (ALL) be in the UNITY of the FAITH.

Thanks for your kind words they do encourage me to continue……….love to you and yours………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You boast of superior understandings again yet prefer the intellect to the Spirit?

Participant

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2008,05:18)
    GB,
    You boast of superior understandings again yet prefer the intellect to the Spirit?

Actually Gene was boasting the opposite – that he doesn't have superior understanding. Why do you do this, Nick? Bored?

NickHassan
    Participant

hi not3,

GB said
    “What he really is doing is covering His lack of understanding of Scriptures.”

If he is able to tell others they are ignorant what does that say about him?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2008,12:29)
    hi not3,

GB said
    “What he really is doing is covering His lack of understanding of Scriptures.”

If he is able to tell others they are ignorant what does that say about him?

You both take turns at pointing fingers.
    You both tell the other that they are ignorant.
    It's quite a display, I have to tell you.

:laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes it would be great if we could all build together on the foundation of Scripture.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2008,12:50)
    Hi not3,
    Yes it would be great if we could all build together on the foundation of Scripture.

I'd love to see that foundation!
    It would look like something from Dr. Suess, I'm sure.

No one here even agrees on what it takes to be saved, Nick. What foundation should we build on? The one you are personally standing on?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Jesus made a recommendation in Mt7

Tiffany
    Participant

I think you hid the nail on the head, Mandy.
    Any one else would call it verbal abuse and stay away, to Nick I think it's entertainment.
    But, he keeps the conversation going, give him that.
    Now to put my two cents worth in it , if it worth two cents.
    To say, I don't understand is being honest about it, to doubt the Word of God is the same as when one says, I don't think I believe that. There is no nice way to call God a liar.
    Knowledge comes from the reading of the Word, understanding comes from the Holy Spirit, and that takes patience. We all grow at different speeds, but this race has more then one winner.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………..I also believe Knowledge comes from reading the word, but understanding comes from the HOLY SPIRIT. That is true brother.

love to you and yours………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The understanding matches the knowledge.
    We do not need scientists to add their intellectual thoughts.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,03:04)
    To say, I don't understand is being honest about it, to doubt the Word of God is the same as when one says, I don't think I believe that. There is no nice way to call God a liar.

I don't believe that doubting a collection of books that have been tampered with is doubting God. I don't make the same correlation that you do. So, obviously I don't believe I am calling God a liar. I'm sorry that you see it this way. But you must be true to your beliefs. See how different belief systems cause “Christians” to judge one another?

Tiffany
    Participant

Mandy

You misunderstood, I was not talking about a collection of books, I was talking about the Word of God, the Bible; neither was I judging you.
    I too have several translation, and yes, there is one or the other that makes my eyebrows go up, but that doesn't cause me to doubt the overall message.

Georg

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 19 2008,06:28)
    Mandy

You misunderstood, I was not talking about a collection of books, I was talking about the Word of God, the Bible; neither was I judging you.
    I too have several translation, and yes, there is one or the other that makes my eyebrows go up, but that doesn't cause me to doubt the overall message.  

Georg

The bible IS a collection of books.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes with one Author.

Tiffany
    Participant

So you were referring to the Bible, Mandy?
    Like Nick says.

Georg

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 19 2008,06:42)
    Hi not3,
    Yes with one Author.

yes… the author is confusion

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account