Doubt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    I agree.
    The way is narrow and few choose it.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,08:48)
    Hi DK,
    I agree.
    The way is narrow and few choose it.

actually..you take my comment out of context…there are more people who disagree…but smaller roads that claim to lead the way…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dk,
    The bible is plain enough.
    If you choose confusion there are many options
    But understanding does not precede but follows obedience

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Thats called Blind Faith , would you think a child could obey you if he did not understand what you are talking about. I believe God gives His Spirit (of Truth) for the purpose of true understanding , in fact He has to give us that understanding or we couldn't ever begin to respond to Him . Even Jesus know that when He said no man (CAN) come unto me unless the Father draw Him. It's not blind Faith its ,God revealed Faith, giving us understanding who Jesus really is, that causes us to go to him. You have some strange ideas brother.

love and Peace to you and yours…………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK……..Doubt is not bad , in fact it can cause you to question things you should question, Some look down at people with different beliefs then theirs, but thats there teaching they received, is it their fault, who are we to put anyone down. Jesus died for our sins and (NOT) ours ONLY but the Sins of the (WHOLE WORLD). God has concluded (ALL) under Sin that He might have Mercy on (ALL), What can we say then it's Jesus that died and it GOD that forgives men their transgressions and sins. Dk God will guide you in you search He has showed you many truths all ready, He knows your Heart is toward Him Brother.

love and peace to you and yours DK…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

HGB,
    Don you think men come to Jesus because they understand everything?
    Wisdom is of the Spirit of God which they receive from him.
    Children with faith come to him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Who said everything, quite putting words in my mouth Nick. No one except GOD understands (EVERYTHING). But they can not even truly come to Jesus unless the Father draws them. Your so intent at trying to discredit me you can't help twisting what i say can you. Where is the Spirit of God in that.

love and peace to you NICK…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    No your words do not reflect scripture so we have to untangle them.
    They come from your intellect it seems.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,16:19)
    HGB,
    Don you think men come to Jesus because they understand everything?
    Wisdom is of the Spirit of God which they receive from him.
    Children with faith come to him.

Brother Nick,

Its not about understanding everything…its about understanding the obvious, the moral and unmoral, and the holy and unholy…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Personal journey sorry.
    Why turn back as you have the essentials do you not?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:16)
    Hi DK,
    Personal journey sorry.

No turning back..just a continous chopping down of the unnecessary foliage blocking the path of truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Truth is shown by the Spirit of Truth.
    In Scripture and hopefully eventually in us.

2Peter 1
    19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 14:17
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,05:37)
    Hi DK,
    Truth is shown by the Spirit of Truth.
    In Scripture and hopefully eventually in us.  

2Peter 1
    19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

John 14:17
    Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

what is truth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dk,
    Is Pilate on your team?
    He said that.

Jesus said to God in Jn17.
    'Your Word is truth”

dirtyknections
    Participant

truth is relative to our perspective…REAL TRUTH…does changed based on changing perspectives….it behooves us to find these truths

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    So every man's perspective is valid?
    That certainly would make truth hard to find.

Scripture is of God and is greater than us.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,05:53)
    Hi DK,
    So every man's perspective is valid?
    That certainly would make truth hard to find.

Scripture is of God and is greater than us.

valid? Only to the one proposing the perspective…

Real Truth…remains regardless of perspective…I have an idea about what it is related to GOD….but I will share it later

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    A fine philosophy.
    But Scripture, if you can accept it, puts a plain perspective.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 17 2008,05:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:16)
    Hi DK,
    Personal journey sorry.

No turning back..just a continous chopping down of the unnecessary foliage blocking the path of truth

DK

I like that!!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2008,04:13)
    GB,
    No your words do not reflect scripture so we have to untangle them.
    They come from your intellect it seems.

I don't agree.

I find a lot of what Gene offers to be very scriptural and quite frankly, good words to those who are searching AND finding.

You just don't happen to agree with him, Nick. That doesn't mean he's wrong, or only speaking from his intellect. :;):

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account