Doubt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This problem, and it's ally self doubt, afflicts all men and limits their access to God and their abilities to serve Him.

Mark 11:23
    “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.
    Matthew 14:31
    And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
    Romans 14:23
    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
    1 Timothy 2:8
    I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
    Jas 1
    5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I think the endless pursuit of knowledge and understanding can be a substitute for faith and can promote doubts in the unsaved. Faith demands a decisive commitment and too much information can delay that choice.
    Pr3
    5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Pr 30
    5Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

7Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

8Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Ps 123
    1Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

2Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

3Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.

4Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

Samuel
    Participant

yeah…I have been attacked by doubt.

But…although I might have doubt…I'm still keeping my eyes on Jesus Christ…GOD…and my Faith is in him.

All my Faith. Every bit of Faith I can muster up.

I have nothing else to put Faith in. I've tried the world…there is nothing in it for me. If there was I would have it by now.

GOD is the only real hope that I have…so therefore all my Faith is in him.

Period.

I find myself thinking about things people have said…and hearing a voice saying what if they are right.

I know they are not…so I ignore those voices…all spirits that confess not the JESUS has came in the flesh is of a spirit of Anti-Christ.

This world is killing it self…I long for the Day when Jesus comes back to cleanse this world and be with his church.

Quote (Samuel @ April 01 2008,11:02)
    yeah…I have been attacked by doubt.

But…although I might have doubt…I'm still keeping my eyes on Jesus Christ…GOD…and my Faith is in him.

All my Faith.  Every bit of Faith I can muster up.

I have nothing else to put Faith in.   I've tried the world…there is nothing in it for me.   If there was I would have it by now.

GOD is the only real hope that I have…so therefore all my Faith is in him.

Period.

I find myself thinking about things people have said…and hearing a voice saying what if they are right.

I know they are not…so I ignore those voices…all spirits that confess not the JESUS has came in the flesh is of a spirit of Anti-Christ.

This world is killing it self…I long for the Day when Jesus comes back to cleanse this world and be with his church.

Samuel I am with you, I can't wait either till the day that there will be peace over this earth, no more sorrow and no more tears. NO MORE PAIN.

Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Sometimes knowing too much can make folk scrupulous.
    Scruples are based on insecurity and an unreasonable fear of sinning.
    It is not sin that is the problem for those in Christ because God ever forgives His children.

Romans 14:2
    One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.

1 John 3:20
    in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The merchants of doubt seducing the unstable are well shown in scripture.
    2 Peter 2
    14Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Unscriptural dogmas do not help men fight off doubt.
    We should rely on what is written just as Jesus did.

Matthew 4:10
    Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    Matthew 11:10
    For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
    Matthew 21:13
    And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
    Matthew 26:24
    The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
    Matthew 26:31
    Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad
    Mark 9:13
    But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

Luke 10:26
    He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

The rest is just sand

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some seem to think that admission of miniscule errors in our understanding is to give in to DOUBT.
    Hey we all on a path towards understanding and our knowledge now can be partial at best.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..the problem when you use fear tactics you create doubt in people , you even make them doubt in there salvation, this is a wrong thing to do especially to those who are babies in the faith. And those who are not on strong meat. We need to be careful not to prevent any one by causing doubt in there reliance on God, and his power to forgive them and cleans then from all unrighteousness. You don't bother me because i have heard it all i have been around a long time in God's word and am learning things all the time. I love to discuss God word with people.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God has all the grace that is required.
    Automatic supply without our need to ask seems to be a sticking point.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….who said we should not ask for his help, not me , i ask all the time for it and i get it also and have for over forty five years now. It still delights me when i pray and see it happen thats one of my greatest joys in life. I never stop seeking and asking and knocking for a better understanding of his words. Jesus told us to seek, knock, and ask, and it works it has for me, time and time again. There would not be enough room here to tell you all the answered prayers i have had answered, and it wasn't because i did everything right because i haven't, I screw up a lot in my life, bit God the Father has always been kind to me and I really don't know why.
    I really don't think i deserve His kindness But i know if He were to turn His loving kindness away from me i would parish I have no doubt about that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Understanding is not the only aim or even the most important as it can lead men into a false trail.
    In all things, even knowledge, weakness is the gateway to strength.

2 Corinthians 12:9
    And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………true understanding never leads men down a false trail in fact lack of it does.

peace ………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    True understanding is impossible as partial understanding is all we are capable of now.

1 Corinthians 13:9
    For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

So when one claims true understanding without even reliance on scriptural support
    he is usually hoist by his own petard into deep self deception.

Luke 11:35
    Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why does doubt appeal more than faith?
    Is it because knowledge has become the prime pursuit?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,07:45)
    Hi,
    Why does doubt appeal more than faith?
    Is it because knowledge has become the prime pursuit?

:)

I don't think so…

I think that people in general are tired of being decieved thru the trickerys and false pretenses of men…..

Religion…which is what we are referencing…has been the catalyst to some of the most blood soaked and trying experiences that have ever shaken mankind…

Simply put people want GOD….but not mans version of it

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    There always has been manipulations of men but the anchor of God's Word remains trustworthy.
    True religion is not how men define it.[Jas]
    God is faithful.

Man's religion is indeed responsible for much blood [Rev17-18]

but there are a lot of shivering babies around here now the bath has been emptied.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,07:59)
    Hi DK,
    There always has been manipulations of men but the anchor of God's Word remains trustworthy.
    True religion is not how men define it.[Jas]
    God is faithful.

Man's religion is indeed responsible for much blood [Rev17-18]

but there are a lot of shivering babies around here now the bath has been emptied.

GOD's word? where can we find them

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dk,
    Most people know.
    No idea?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2008,08:34)
    Hi dk,
    Most people know.
    No idea?

Actually..most people disagree with you…

Would like me to show you?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account