Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,381 through 3,400 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,18:16)
    Ed, Matt 6:10 – “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”

Thy will be done as it is heaven – this is obeying God, now, today. This is the “Millenium” age now.
    But Satan has been or will be let lose and will decieve the nations once more and gather them to war, and then the sun of righteousness will rise, the day that will come burning like an oven, the sign of the coming of Jesus.

God is not here with men yet Ed. God cant dwell with sin. The Holy Sprit of God is here now.

Hi Rena,

Then remove the sin from your life!

The Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither
    knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (John 14:17)
    The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here!
    or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:20-21)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Rena
    Participant

I have to go have a coffee…

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,18:27)
    By the way, where do you believe heaven is? Somewhere “way up there among the stars”?

Hi Rena,

Matt.6:20-21 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
    where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not
    break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

God bless

Istari
    Participant

Ah Mikeybolls,
    What trash are you dragging up now…

The Does not qualify anything you said. They are opinions from others.
    You did a poll – what did it achieve – nothing except that more people voted than take part – strange – why do they not participate?

EDJ says you give a weird definition of 'Body'. Why?

Why is your definition of body different from everyone elses definition.

– and you never define Spirit – why?

Spirit is 'opposed' to Body.

Spirit is FREE
    Body is a [Group] Container

Spirit occupies a Body of Flesh
    Flesh is a collection (Group) of Material matter

If a Spirit is ALREADY IN a Body – What is a Spirit, then…
    Or if a Spirit IS a Body – What is IN that body of Spirit?

Mike, ANSWER ME JUST THIS QUESTION:
    If a Spirit HAS A BODY – What IS the Spirit IN THAT BODY?

Rena
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2011,19:27)

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,18:16)
    Ed, Matt 6:10 – “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”

Thy will be done as it is heaven – this is obeying God, now, today. This is the “Millenium” age now.
    But Satan has been or will be let lose and will decieve the nations once more and gather them to war, and then the sun of righteousness will rise, the day that will come burning like an oven, the sign of the coming of Jesus.

God is not here with men yet Ed. God cant dwell with sin. The Holy Sprit of God is here now.

Hi Rena,

Then remove the sin from your life!

The Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither
    knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. (John 14:17)
    The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here!
    or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:20-21)

God bless

Ed, I agree with the sin part, and I agree that the Spirit of truth is within us.

Jesus said in Luke that the kingdom of God is within you, or in the midst of you – in my Bible.

But then Jesus goes on to say -“They will say to you – 'Lo here or Lo there' – Do not go, do not follow them…For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of man be in his day.”

And then it goes on to say that it shall be as in the days of Noah, untill Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them.

Just like in 2nd Peter 3, it says, as the world was destroyed by water, it will be destroyed by fire.

This hasn't happened yet Ed.

Rena
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2011,19:32)

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,18:27)
    By the way, where do you believe heaven is? Somewhere “way up there among the stars”?

Hi Rena,

Matt.6:20-21 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
    where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not
    break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

God bless

Gods kingdom is not of this earth.

Rena
    Participant

Ed, He GOES to prepare a place for us.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

So then, when are you going to enter into that place?

God bless

Rena
    Participant

Ed, when I die. Though its partly in me now. Especially when I obey God. But not fully untill our time is up, on this world. Then we will return to the loving care of our Father.

Rena
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 01 2011,19:40)
    Ah Mikeybolls,

You did a poll – what did it achieve – nothing except that more people voted than take part – strange – why do they not participate?

Istari, I didnt vote in any poll, just in case you were wondering. Well not that poll.

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2011,12:23)
    edj

Do spirits have bodies? How about God?

I don't believe God has “a body”, but that does not mean in the resurrection we won't see him. (See Matt.18:10)
          (NOTE: MikeBoll64 has been defining “body” differently than most would define a body.)

if it is inside of God then God as no body and we are all floating inside of him.what is ?? unbelievable

so  if he create all things outside of him so that he can see what he did then yes he as a sort of body /form what make him different or distinctive from his creation,what is true.see Geneses 1;1

Pierre

Terraricca,

first you have to establish if all creation is out side of God or inside of God ,

Both!!

Charles

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ July 01 2011,18:40)
    Ah Mikeybolls,

EDJ says you give a weird definition of 'Body'. Why?

Why is your definition of body different from everyone elses definition.

– and you never define Spirit – why?

Spirit is 'opposed' to Body.

Spirit is FREE
    Body is a [Group] Container

Spirit occupies a Body of Flesh
    Flesh is a collection (Group) of Material matter

If a Spirit is ALREADY IN a Body – What is a Spirit, then…
    Or if a Spirit IS a Body – What is IN that body of Spirit?

Mike, ANSWER ME JUST THIS QUESTION:
       If a Spirit HAS A BODY – What IS the Spirit IN THAT BODY?

Istari…………..He can't answer that question because it would contradict what he was saying. Mike is a Shall Gamer switching around and diverting attention away from sound truths. He can not percieve that a Spirit is (INTELLECT) that is (IN) a BODY, so he dreams up “SPIRIT BODIES” as most Mystery Religions do. IMO

peace and love……………………………gene

Istari
    Participant

Gene,
    This is very true – The quote is 'Spiritual Body' but the three King's are arguing with 'SPIRIT BODY'.

They DARE NOT define 'Spirit' because it would contradict their immature and irresponsible views.

Mike tried to get out of his dimemma by claiming that he knew nothing… Nothing – therefore an excuse for bring WRONG FOR 340 pages…

'Oh, you meant: SPIRIT. Oh, ok, yes I agree – Spirit has no body in the SPIRIT REALM… I THOUGHT you meant 'In the Physical world' – I DIDN'T SEE YOU WRITE THAT!! Well, I am still right – just not in the CONTEXT you were speaking of – IT IS AS I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THOUGH… in the Physical world Spirits DO HAVE BODIES else how do we see them…!'
    – Thanks Mike.. !!

Spirit is Intellect, Intellect and Power… Intelligent Force.
    Do forces need separating bodies? No!
    The Force of the WIND co-exists uncompromisingly with the Force of Magnetism.
    Knowledge co-exists without boundaries against other knowledge – in fact they Complement each other where there is positiveness.

How do Spirits 'Come' and 'Go' : In strength and requirement.
    God calls them INTO his knowledge and Wisdom to Strengthen them in preparation for a task – this is being in his PRESENCE.
    That/Those Spirit(s) then Go out into the World to exact the task – the Power is sent out to exact a cause WHICH MUST be completed as God desires…before that Spirit/Power can return to God.

Demon Angels/Spirits are NOT IN GOD's Presence: They have no knowledge of God's plans from the time they were put out of his presence. But all of that which was before – and that is substantial!!
    All Angels can 'Watch' the world: how can they do so unless they are EVERYWHERE…

Mike, thinks of Spirits like a Being in a Single Point in Space and Time such that they are only ever in ONE PLACE.

In higher dimensions there IS NO SINGLE POINT – A SINGLE PLACE where something IS or IS NOT… that Something is in ALL PLACES (and NO PLACE). To BE in ONE PLACE or Another they come DOWN into the Physical World which accommodates ONLY ONE THING IN ONE PLACE AT ONE TIME.

Mike calls himself 'a novice' yet acts like a wizened crone! But he SEEPS wisdom into his posts while pretending that he is against it…!

He runs away until the heat is off (He sees a post where an ametuer has made an error and then he pounces like a snake out of a dank hole – but sometimes the PREY is far too much for him and he CHOKES…

Can you hear him licking …hisss… tongue even now – testing the posts…!

Mike, only one thing: What is a SPIRIT? if a Spirit has a Body why is it called a Spirit?

Mike says a Spirit has a body…
    So, the Spirit IN that Body – What is it, Mike?
    If the SPIRIT has a Body, then the Spirit IN that Body … must ALSO HAVE a Body – but… The Spirit has a Body so THAT BODY MUST CONTAIN A SPIRIT which has a Body… RECURSION… (Sorry, programming term for seemingly endless definition of a definition!)

To STOP this RECURSION something has to GIVE. say, 'the SPIRIT IS the Body' – then the Recursion stops… But if the SPIRIT IS THE BODY – then why is it called SPIRIT.

And if the Spirit IS THE BODY what is IN THE BODY????

And if the Spirit IS A BODY how can there be 'Millions of Spirits' dancing on the head of a pin.
    However you look at it then, a pinhead has a finite area. What is the space taken up by the BODY OF THE SPIRIT – it must then have some finite volume…with a finite footprint area.
    Simple Mathematics (I know Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English, Language, Psychology, Wisdom…are not your strong points, Mike) but come on – there HAS TO BE A FINITE NUMBER OF SPIRITS that, therefore, can occupy the pinhead .. Yet the answer is 'INFINITE NUMBER OF THEM'.

So, if SUCH ENOROUSLY POWERFUL ENTITIES can be INFINITELY SMALL – Yet INFINITELY LARGE then How is such ENORMOUS and Infinite ENERGY AND POWER stored in such an infinitely small space…?

Mike, what is physical distance, terrestrial or Galactic, to a Spirit?
    Is distance any consideration to it? No – why? Because it can be ANYWHERE IT WANTS TO BE AT ANY TIME (That God gives it permission to be) in the physical world.

Mike, you cannot create an INFINITE SIZED Universe and be restricted by DISTANCE.
    Mike, you cannot create a firey hot universe with enormous pressures and have workers who have bodies that restrict their activities!
    Mike, we can already 'Fly' around the world in Google Earth, come down ANYWHERE we want, check out the place as it was IN ONE MOMENT OF TIME…
    what if we could do so for ANY MOMENT OF TIME … even REALTIME… yes… And PAST – Time (Go back in HISTORY)…
    Mike, would we be IN A BODY… no, could not be…
    Could we be in several places (Seemingly) at the same time – yes: I am 'In New Zealand' on this Forum, and 'In Arizona' and 'in the UK' – all at the same time on my computer…
    Mike, I Am as a God… And My Computer Connections through my browsers are My Spirits doing my will! I direct my POWERS where I will and (through their program) carry out their task.

I call the browsers into my presence – yet they are always 'there' – I dismiss them – yet they are always there… I 'Put them out of my presence' in the Deleted Files folder (They are 'deleted' but not 'destroyed' as anyone should know by now!!!) then 'destroy' them with a high strength 'deep heat' 'File Eraser'… The knowledge of them is gone.

Rena
    Participant

Mike, I was thinking,

“Now it happened on the day when God's sons came to present themselves before Yahweh, that Satan also came among them.” – Job 1:6

This is Angels.
    You said that because they presented themself before God then God must have a body of some kind, ok,
    When Man prays, they present themself to God in prayer, true?
    So when people all over the world present themself before God in prayer, all at the same time, in all different locations, it would make more sense that God is spirit, as it says, and doesnt nessesarily mean God has a body and is in one place for us to present ourselves before him.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (csaliba @ July 02 2011,00:59)

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2011,12:23)
    edj

Do spirits have bodies? How about God?

I don't believe God has “a body”, but that does not mean in the resurrection we won't see him. (See Matt.18:10)
          (NOTE: MikeBoll64 has been defining “body” differently than most would define a body.)

if it is inside of God then God as no body and we are all floating inside of him.what is ?? unbelievable

so  if he create all things outside of him so that he can see what he did then yes he as a sort of body /form what make him different or distinctive from his creation,what is true.see Geneses 1;1

Pierre

Terraricca,

first you have to establish if all creation is out side of God or inside of God ,

Both!!

Charles

God bless

Hi Charles,

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to someone who is oblivious!

Your brother in
    Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J

Istari
    Participant

The problem with the 'Three King' is that they SEE GOD as like HUMAN BEINGS.

They are tainted by pictures, paintings, drawings, descriptions, etc., of 'God' as sitting on a Throne, a man type figure with a White beard, very Kingly and austere, pointing a hand and finger out into the distance. 'Angels' and 'Men' surround HIM praising him and being 'sent out' on errands or coming 'back in' from their errands…
    All this 'UP IN THE SKY' while below are humans in tumultuous behaviours – some dressed in white being pious looking skywards to 'heaven' while others dressed in black carrying out total misdeeds – while the earth is dark and smoky with fire ash and brimstones from a volcano. Death and destruction all around, earthquakes and tidal collamities abound – mothers clutching children while being chased by Tongue licking demonics….

Firstly, Heaven, is not UP anywhere… Jesus did not need to go 'Up' to Heaven.

To enter Heaven is to go 'into' another dimension. Since the dimension is ALL AROUND us there is no up, down, left, right only in or out (In/Out is only a human concept as we don't have other words and except 'up and down' which actually refer to levels of dimensions – the levels not the ACT of going up or down)

God, does not have a FACE such as can be described by humans – Scriptures never shows this. Yet Jesus has a Face… God does not SIT, in physical terms, on a throne… These are HUMAN CONCEPTS to describe the Spirit World – we describe things in terms we understand – we SYMBOLISE concepts.
    Draw a picture of a man.. Show it to an Alien: is that REALLY what a Man looks like? Two dimensional made up of a series of lines with colours?

Throne, is not a chair… Throne is the SEAT OF POWER – the Source of Authority.
    Think how we say 'The seat of European governance is in Brussels' or 'The White House' …

When thinking of the Spirit realm, try NOT to directly equate it with EMBODIED, HUMANISED, physical matter…. That would be to 'put the cart before the horse'.
    Think that Human concepts come 'down' – a restriction- of that which is in the Spirit realm.

Spirit is free
    Body is restricted.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Istari,

What would the need be for parables if the spiritual was easily understood?
    Thanks for your continuing efforts to try to explain the spiritual!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

shimmer
    Participant

Good post Istari.

Istari
    Participant

Thanks EdJ and Shimmer….
    Could someone with editing rights delete my duplicate post.
    Thanks.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Istari,

We're all here to help each other and learn from each other,
    not to bully others into abandoning the truth that we hold dear!
    It's the HolySpirit's job (God on the inside) to change incorrect beliefs.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 3,381 through 3,400 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account