Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,361 through 3,380 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Istari
    Participant

What is a SPIRITUAL PERSON?

Is it an Angel?

Can anyone name a SPIRITUAL PERSON from Scriptures?

What does it mean to be SPIRITUAL?

Is there such a thing as a NATURAL BODY – What IS a NATURAL BODY?

Was Jesus' body a NATURAL BODY when he died?

What type of Body did God raise Jesus up into?

Jesus' Spirit (….) was dormant in heaven with God as are all who die.
    God did not allow the BODY of Jesus to decay (Only three days in the grave – remember that Lazarus was in the grave FOUR DAYS and was still brought out in that SAME [unglorious and unspiritual] BODY. He died again some time later…)
    Then God GLORIFIED the body of his Son and removed all the NATURAL ADAMIC features such as Sin and Corruptibility that leads to decay and death of the body.
    God then put back the Spirit of Jesus into that same body – animating it, giving it LIFE…
    From then on Jesus has full access to the full POWER OF GOD's Holy Spirit and nothing is impossible for him.
    “Do not be afraid – See, it is I, Jesus…I am NOT A SPIRIT!! Does a SPIRIT have Flesh and Bone as you see I have – come, touch me and prove it for yourself – but better if you had just BELIEVED ME!”
    “You do not recognise me in my SPIRITUAL BODY? see here the holes made by the nails , here, in my hands, in my feet, and the spear wound in my side…I am glorified so my body is radiant – a perfect body – raised from the dead WITH POWER! I cannot die, I cannot sin, I am incorruptible, indestructible (Captain Scarlet… duh duh dunhg duh duh duh duhng… captain Scarlet…!) Sorry…
    Now, because the SPIRITUAL BODY is not subject to decay – the Spirit CAN LEAVE THE BODY while it enters Heaven and the body still remains…
    In the natural state, if the Spirit leaves the body the body is dead because the spirit cannot reenter the body unaided…
    But even so, only the 144,000, will have this privilege – those whose abode is destined for Heaven. Their bodies will be available for whenever they visit Paradise Earth and partake of the Fruit of the Vine (As Jesus says: 'You will see me no more till the Son of Man (In body) comes again in his Kingdom and drinks of the fruit if the vine')

Rena
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 29 2011,17:11)
    Hi Pierre,

I haven't been reading this thread,
    because it is 'irrelevant'

Ed, it is not irrelevant because, some people came to see that Jesus was risen in the flesh, when they previously believed Jesus was risen as a spirit only. So they believed scripture eventually over the doctrines of men.

How about you? I don't think you answered me in regards to this. Was Jesus risen in the flesh and bone?

Romans 10:9 – “If you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

2nd John 1:17 – “For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who don't confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the Antichrist.”

Rena
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2011,04:57)
    Rena

you should read the Chap 7  and 14 of revelation ,and ask who is the info comes from,

Rev 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals

I can not tell all the things i understand you would not believe it anyway,

so read the word of God intensively and prayers and Gods will,(spirit) will come to you,

Pierre

Terrarica, I didn't ask because I didn't know.

I asked so that people would THINK.

Obviously not.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,08:32)

Hi Pierre,

Ed, it is not irrelevant because, some people came to see that Jesus was risen in the flesh, when they previously believed Jesus was risen as a spirit only. So they believed scripture eventually over the doctrines of men.

How about you? I don't think you answered me in regards to this. Was Jesus risen in the flesh and bone?

Romans 10:9 – “If you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

2nd John 1:17 – “For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who don't confess that Jesus Christ came in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the Antichrist.”

Hi Rena,

I thought the thread was about “Angels”: whether they
    have bodies or not; this is not the discussion here?

How Jesus was raised is another issue; no?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Rena
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2011,10:46)

Hi Pierre,

Hi Rena,

God bless

Ed, the title of the thread is – Do spirits have bodies? How about God?

And 'no – its not another issue, I think you just dont want to answer me.

Many believe that God the Father – has a body as we have.

However Jesus said “God is a spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth”.

Jesus also said a spirit does not have a body like he had.

So it was a bit back to front.

Some believed God had a body and all spirits have bodies, but Jesus – risen – was a spirit and did not have.

Scripture says the opposite though. God is spirit, all other heavenly things are spirit, Jesus was a life giving spirit who became flesh, and Jesus was risen from the dead – in the flesh.

However, just to confuse people Mike had to go and ask strange questions such as what seperates one spirit being from another.

So, can you answer the question Ed? You still havent, and you never did before that I can recall?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,15:40)

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2011,04:57)
    Rena

you should read the Chap 7  and 14 of revelation ,and ask who is the info comes from,

Rev 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals

I can not tell all the things i understand you would not believe it anyway,

so read the word of God intensively and prayers and Gods will,(spirit) will come to you,

Pierre

Terrarica, I didn't ask because I didn't know.

I asked so that people would THINK.

Obviously not.

Rena

are you not rather create more confusion than true knowledge?

if you have the knowledge why are you not share it instead of creating a diversion,?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

It seems that Sunshine has overlooked some of my last post.  Let me clarify what ALL of these scholars seemed to agree upon – (the parts he ignored or glossed over in his response):

Paul is clearly speaking to those whom he considers to be the elect – those who will be raised to a life in heaven; as most, if not all of his letters are addressed.  Knowing this, the scholars that Sunshine himself pointed us to all seem to agree that:

These spiritual bodies will be bodies, but they will not be made of flesh, for the people who receive these spiritual bodies will dwell forevermore in heaven, where flesh cannot be.  These bodies will be like the one Jesus now has in heaven, and like the bodies the angels have in heaven.

Thanks for the link, Sunshine!  It was most helpful to our case.  :D

These scholars you pointed us to do not share your terribly flawed understanding that Paul hopes to have his lowly flesh body transformed into a different flesh body, just to immediately shed that body upon ascension to heaven.  Like me and Pierre and Irene, these learned theologians understand that 1 Cor 15 speaks of the spiritual bodies those raised TO A LIFE IN HEAVEN will have.  Paul is NOT speaking of a “more holy” flesh body that will be shed – like YOU seem to think.

I've been telling you this for ages.  So has Pierre and Irene.  Yet you called us “The Three Kings of Stupidity” or whatever.  You said we were servants of Satan.  You said we were too “carnal” to even understand such “spiritual things”.

It must be quite the little slap in your face to realize that you yourself lead us to experts in scripture who say the same thing we've been saying all along!   :(

Don't lose heart, though.  Accept the truth of the matter, and we will welcome YOU to OUR side with open arms.  :)

Rena
    Participant

I think anyone willing to stick around and debate over this will only be led to confusion.

I'm not talking only about this thread either.

God gave us a gift and that gift is freedom, joy, love, and God.

“You search the scriptures thinking in them you will find eternal life, but it is these that speak of me”

People think, here, in this forum, that if they search and find who or what God is, they think if they have found God to be a Trinity or other thing, then they think they have found eternal life. But they don't know that God searches the HEART and MIND of a man and woman and knows more than you could imagine.

Every little detail, every little thought is not hidden, but revealed.

Finding all the secrets out does not lead to God who is spirit.

If you dont accept the gift God has given, and accept WHAT he has given to you, and search for MORE, wanting more, then who are you relying on? Truth or error?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,10:05)

Quote (Ed J @ July 01 2011,10:46)

Hi Pierre,

Hi Rena,

God bless

Ed, the title of the thread is – Do spirits have bodies? How about God?

And 'no – its not another issue, I think you just dont want to answer me.

Many believe that God the Father – has a body as we have.

However Jesus said “God is a spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth”.

Jesus also said a spirit does not have a body like he had.

So it was a bit back to front.

Some believed God had a body and all spirits have bodies, but Jesus – risen – was a spirit and did not have.

Scripture says the opposite though. God is spirit, all other heavenly things are spirit, Jesus was a life giving spirit who became flesh, and Jesus was risen from the dead – in the flesh.

However, just to confuse people Mike had to go and ask strange questions such as what seperates one spirit being from another.

So, can you answer the question Ed? You still havent, and you never did before that I can recall?

Hi Rena,

Do spirits have bodies? How about God?

I don't believe God has “a body”, but that does not mean in the resurrection we won't see him. (See Matt.18:10)
           (NOTE: MikeBoll64 has been defining “body” differently than most would define a body.)

Was Jesus risen in the flesh and bone?

1 Cor 15:12-14 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead,
    how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
    But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
    And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands;
    and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

edj

Do spirits have bodies? How about God?

I don't believe God has “a body”, but that does not mean in the resurrection we won't see him. (See Matt.18:10)
    (NOTE: MikeBoll64 has been defining “body” differently than most would define a body.)

first you have to establish if all creation is out side of God or inside of God ,

if it is inside of God then God as no body and we are all floating inside of him.what is ?? unbelievable

so if he create all things outside of him so that he can see what he did then yes he as a sort of body /form what make him different or distinctive from his creation,what is true.see Geneses 1;1

Pierre

Rena
    Participant

OK Ed.

Thankyou for answering.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

Your welcome!

Did you know that the JW's believe Jesus body was destroyed,
    and JEHOVAH re-created him; and now he is 'a spirit creature'?

God bless  
    Ed J

Rena
    Participant

Ed, I know.

Do you believe in a future – temporary – thousand year Millenium? Only for Satan to be let lose again?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,17:26)
    Ed, I know.

Do you believe in a future – temporary – thousand year Millenium? Only for Satan to be let lose again?

Hi Rena,

Thousand Year=151

To understand this is to understand the “Three Main Feasts of God”,
    and how it correlates to God's Signature; Proof of God's ruler-ship.

The Passover“=148
                      [74+74=148]  
    Jesus=74 + cross=74 = (פסח=148) “The Passover”=148

Pentecost“=117      
                  Former Rain=117
           (Jesus was alive on day FOUR)
      63=”YHVH” RAISED BACK TO LIFE,
    +54 days after the 'cross': STARTED…
    117=”Pentecost” [63+54=117]

The Latter Rain=151
                Feast of Booths“=151
              (Feast [of] Tabernacles=151)
               “Jesus is Lord”=151,
    because “HolySpirit”=151 (Jesus' Father) is…
          “The LORD JEHOVAH”=151
               Click Here for more

God's Signature
    GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
             YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
             Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
             HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
             God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

God bless

Rena
    Participant

Back to your numbers and colors Ed?

Ed, the Holy Spirit is here, but the actual return of Jesus (day of the Lord) is still future.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Rena @ July 01 2011,17:57)
    Back to your numbers and colors Ed?

Ed, the Holy Spirit is here, but the actual return of Jesus (day of the Lord) is still future.

Hi Rena,

FALSE; we are in “The Day of The LORD” right now!

God bless

Rena
    Participant

Ed,
    God is in heaven, as we are told to pray to our Father in Heaven.
    But God works in us through the Spirit.
    The Spirit worked in Jesus too.
    But the Day of the Lord will come burning like an oven.
    Those who are loved by God, will be ok. The others wont be.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Rena,

How do you connect Matt.6:10, which was before “Pentecost”=117
    to Rev.21:2-3 (which is a reference to to God's “Feast of Booths”)?

Rev.21:2-3 And I John saw the HOLY CITY=117, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven,
    prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold,
    the tabernacle of God is with men (Is.60:14), and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
    AND GOD HIMSELF=117 shall be with them, and be “their God”=86 (YHVH=63).
                                                                                   (86=[אלהים] ĔL-ō-Hêêm=63)

God bless

Rena
    Participant

Ed, Matt 6:10 – “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven”

Thy will be done as it is heaven – this is obeying God, now, today. This is the “Millenium” age now.
    But Satan has been or will be let lose and will decieve the nations once more and gather them to war, and then the sun of righteousness will rise, the day that will come burning like an oven, the sign of the coming of Jesus.

God is not here with men yet Ed. God cant dwell with sin. The Holy Sprit of God is here now.

Rena
    Participant

By the way, where do you believe heaven is? Somewhere “way up there among the stars”?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,361 through 3,380 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account