Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Hey, does anyone know if WJ has a denomination? He seems to want to refuse to tell me if he does, which makes me think he does. I'm not sure why he wouldn't say though.

Id rather be known as christian than denomination

malysc
    Participant

Amen, to being a Christian rather than a member of a particular sect or demonination.  You can be a Christ-following Christian and worship in many different buildings, but you need to check the scripture for your answers to questions. All the answers are there.

IF YOU BELIEVE the scriptures then YOU BELIEVE the next three verses.
    Mark 7: 8-13
    8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.”

2 Timothy 3:16
    All Scripture is God¬breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Colossians 2:8
    Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    I think some  all have gotten waaaaay off course.

Stu
    Participant

malysc

I presume then, despite all the christian “cults” in the world that would disagree with you, your answer to adultery is to stone to death the participants.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 09 2010,08:22)
    malysc

I presume then, despite all the christian “cults” in the world that would disagree with you, your answer to adultery is to stone to death the participants.

Stuart

While I agree that stoning is not required do you think that there is no harm in adultery?

Stu
    Participant

BD we need to establish what you think adultery actually is, first.

Here:

http://forums.about.com/n….d=40471

You wrote:

Adultery is when a man has intercourse with a married woman, If a man has intercourse with an unmarried woman without a commitment of marriage it is fornication.

So, presumably, a married man having intercourse with a married woman to whom he is not married is adultery. And an unmarried man having intercourse with an unmarried woman is fornication. Is an unmarried man having intercourse with a married woman fornication for him and adultery for her?

While Western nations have basically come to view Abrahamic pronouncements on such “crimes” as dark age brutality, in some islamic theocracies judicial execution, amputation and flogging is still alive and well. I guess allah must like that sort of thing. The difference is important though:

I’m happy to be corrected, but as I understand it in islam the punishment for fornication is ”flogging the criminal, humiliating him and prohibiting his marriage with chaste women”, whereas the punishment for adultery is ”execution by stoning”. So it definitely pays not to get married.

I’m not sure if adultery is always a bad thing, is it? Surely the damaging aspect of it would be any deception that accompanied it. If the adultery results in the end of a bad marriage and the beginning of two much stronger ones, who should complain?

Stuart

I’m not sure if adultery is always a bad thing, is it? Surely the damaging aspect of it would be any deception that accompanied it. If the adultery results in the end of a bad marriage and the beginning of two much stronger ones, who should complain?

Stuart, you are so metro. What if your scenario does not play out as planned, not disclaiming that it could not, alas it is highly likely not to happen, odds are against it.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess of the king @ July 09 2010,22:32)

I’m not sure if adultery is always a bad thing, is it?  Surely the damaging aspect of it would be any deception that accompanied it.  If the adultery results in the end of a bad marriage and the beginning of two much stronger ones, who should complain?

Stuart, you are so metro. What if your scenario does not play out as planned, not disclaiming that it could not, alas it is highly likely not to happen, odds are against it.

Hmmm…

…which scenario do you mean?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 09 2010,17:27)

Here:

You wrote:

Adultery is when a man has intercourse with a married woman, If a man has intercourse with an unmarried woman without a commitment of marriage it is fornication.

So, presumably, a married man having intercourse with a married woman to whom he is not married is adultery.  And an unmarried man having intercourse with an unmarried woman is fornication.  Is an unmarried man having intercourse with a married woman fornication for him and adultery for her?

While Western nations have basically come to view Abrahamic pronouncements on such “crimes” as dark age brutality, in some islamic theocracies judicial execution, amputation and flogging is still alive and well.  I guess allah must like that sort of thing.  The difference is important though:

I’m happy to be corrected, but as I understand it in islam the punishment for fornication is ”flogging the criminal, humiliating him and prohibiting his marriage with chaste women”, whereas the punishment for adultery is ”execution by stoning”.  So it definitely pays not to get married.

I’m not sure if adultery is always a bad thing, is it?  Surely the damaging aspect of it would be any deception that accompanied it.  If the adultery results in the end of a bad marriage and the beginning of two much stronger ones, who should complain?

Stuart

The punishment for adultery or fornication is

The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
    ( سورة النور , An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #2)

Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.
    ( سورة النور , An-Noor, Chapter #24, Verse #3)

Their is no stoning punishment in the Quran, it is in the Bible but this could be directly for those of Israel because they were under a higher standard as they witnessed God themselves

Ed J
    Participant

Here:

You wrote:

So, presumably, a married man having intercourse with a married woman to whom he is not married is adultery.  And an unmarried man having intercourse with an unmarried woman is fornication.  Is an unmarried man having intercourse with a married woman fornication for him and adultery for her?

While Western nations have basically come to view Abrahamic pronouncements on such “crimes” as dark age brutality, in some islamic theocracies judicial execution, amputation and flogging is still alive and well.  I guess allah must like that sort of thing.  The difference is important though:

I’m happy to be corrected, but as I understand it in islam the punishment for fornication is ”flogging the criminal, humiliating him and prohibiting his marriage with chaste women”, whereas the punishment for adultery is ”execution by stoning”.  So it definitely pays not to get married.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

If a married Muslim man were to kidnap a 16 year old girl Christian from a neighboring
    village raping her and call her married that would be OK for BD's 'CURSE of a god'=114?
    The 'book of fraud'=114 teaches much ungodliness by Lucifer. (Gal.1:7-8 / 2Cor.11:13-15)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 10 2010,06:01)

Here:

You wrote:

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

If a married Muslim man were to kidnap a 16 year old girl Christian from a neighboring
    village raping her and call her married that would be OK for BD's 'CURSE of a god'=114?
    The 'book of fraud'=114 teaches much ungodliness by Lucifer. (Gal.1:7-8 / 2Cor.11:13-15)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed is lucifer=111
    Receive a mark=111
    Mark of beast=111
    Witchcraft=111
    Sorceries=111
    Computer=111
    —————————————————————
    “Ed is lucifer” in English Gematria Equals: 666

By the way is this in the Quran? or the bible?

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (New International Version)

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. [a] He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

There is no similar verse in the Quran but if what you say is true then you must conclude that this is coming from the same God.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Ed say

raping her and call her married that would be OK for BD's 'CURSE of a god'

The Bible says

rapes her and they are discovered….He must marry the girl, for he has violated her

Ed is calling the God of the Bible CURSED, right?

“Ed is lucifer” in English Gematria Equals: 666

Be careful he accuses the brethren before God night and day

Quote (Stu @ July 10 2010,01:06)

Quote (princess of the king @ July 09 2010,22:32)

Hmmm…

…which scenario do you mean?

Stuart

That two stronger marriages would come out of adultery, I have never understood the need for adultery, I still find that ones that chose this path are cowards, no offense to any that have, it is just a personal opinion.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 01 2009,21:44)
    WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE WORRIE ABOUT A DENOMINATION OVER AOTHER?

I LIKE TO FELLOSHIP WITH PEOPLE OF LIKE FAITH.

TO ME ITS NOT GOOD FOR SO MANY DENOMINATIOMS. I BELIEVE THEY ARE DIVISIONS THAT JESUS DID NOT WANT.

ONE WILL SAY NO BAPTISM  ONE WILL SAY BAPTISM IS A MUST.ONE WILL SAY ONLY ASK JESUS IN YOUR HEART,  ONE WILL SAY  YOU NEED THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST WITH EVEDANCE OF SPEAKING IN TOUNGS, AND MANY OTHER DIFFERANCES.

CANT WE ALL JUST FOLLOW JESUS AND HIS TEACHINGS, AND THE PROFITF, AND THE APOSTLES OF JESUS TEACHING?

THERE IS ONE WAY AND THAT IS THROUGH JESUS

Jn,
    Change your icon. i keep on thinking your mike.

Jesus spoke of Thistles and Good fruit.

think about it.

As i have state many times,
    That if God is real,

than one can simply get togethor with another,

pray and fast togethor in agreement,

and God will be there to answer.

Ask him,

The problem is ourselves,

we do not deny ourselves and what we believe.

First step to follow christ,
    is to deny yourself.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 04 2009,03:44)

Quote (seekingtruth @ July 04 2009,04:38)
    There are many who attend a “denomination” that realize that only some attending will be brothers and sisters and furthermore they realize that some of those attending other denominations or some not attending at all, are also fellow believers. None of us here believe exactly same and we will all answer for how we responded to truths delivered to us. I will have missed some truths due to various reasons but I, as well as many others have obtained the critical truth of faith by which all must be saved.

My opinion Wm

I think as long as the basics are the same who cares what denomination

Greetings….The fact that there are so many denominations speaks to the confusion created when so called scholars decided to change from Apostolic Christianty to the smorgasbord of beliefs and doctrine changes… this all started at Nicea in the third century….Lets start with the basics, God said “his church would prevail until Christs second coming”….God said we will be able to recognize his church by its name and prove it by its fruits and the name is” The Church Of God”….A large segment of the protestant christian denominations reject Catholic Doctrine yet they hold to it in their statement of beliefs,although they are selective,the most prevelent is sunday worship….It is this factor that narrows ones search for Gods true Church…We must remember that we are told that this will be a little flock of called out believers whose fruits will make them recognizable…Iam not looking for big buildings or platitude spewing priests or,people who want to be revered because of their degrees in theology…..

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 11 2010,02:19)
    God said “his church would prevail until Christs second coming”….

Hi Theodore J,

Where in “The Bible” is your assertion specifically stated? (Click Here) and (Here)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The body of Christ is not divided.
    What are these strange groups?

TimothyVI
    Participant

NICK!!!!
    Bless your heart, it is great to hear from you again.
    I sure hope that you are healthy and well.

Tim

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 09 2012,22:14)
    NICK!!!!
    Bless your heart, it is great to hear from you again.
    I sure hope that you are healthy and well.

Tim

I second that! It's great to know you are still on the boards.

Asana Bodhitharta

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The reliance on human rather than scriptural wisdom is what forms these strange groups.
    Each leader forms his own infallible teachings and finds others to follow him.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account