Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 14 2009,10:01)

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 13 2009,14:42)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 13 2009,13:00)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 12 2009,21:56)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 03 2009,04:54)

Quote (Stu @ July 02 2009,08:00)
    “Revealed” knowledge depends on the biases of the supposed revealee.  Hence any system of religious mythology is going to splinter endlessly.  If any of it had any objective truth there would not be so many contradictory versions.

34,000+ versions of christianity and counting…

Stuart

34000+ versions of christianity all cant be right when Jesus said I am the way.   i could name some denominations,  but why would it matter.  we just need to focs on jesus

Don't most of them state just to focus on Yeshua?

Hi CT:

No, they do not just focus of Yeshua, but on their particular doctrines which are not scripture but interpretation of scripture.

Our covenant is with God through the Lord Yeshua, and is not a covenant with the pastors of the different denominations.  They go as far as tell you that you cannot be a member of their church if you don't agree with doctrines such “the trinity”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So your interpretation of scripture is better than theirs.  Is that what you are claiming?

Stuart

Hi Stu:

No, I am not claiming that at all.  What I am saying is that the following scripture defines what it takes to be a member of God's church.

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  
    Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  
    Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This is what the scripture states.  It does not need to be interpreted.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So your way of interpreting scripture is to discount or minimise the significance of the other verses that others promote, and place the misery of John at the forefront.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 14 2009,13:33)

“Revealed” knowledge depends on the biases of the supposed revealee.  Hence any system of religious mythology is going to splinter endlessly.  If any of it had any objective truth there would not be so many contradictory versions.

Stuart

34000+ versions of christianity all cant be right when Jesus said I am the way.   i could name some denominations,  but why would it matter.  we just need to focs on jesus

Hi CT:

No, they do not just focus of Yeshua, but on their particular doctrines which are not scripture but interpretation of scripture.

Our covenant is with God through the Lord Yeshua, and is not a covenant with the pastors of the different denominations.  They go as far as tell you that you cannot be a member of their church if you don't agree with doctrines such “the trinity”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So your interpretation of scripture is better than theirs.  Is that what you are claiming?

Stuart

Hi Stu:

No, I am not claiming that at all.  What I am saying is that the following scripture defines what it takes to be a member of God's church.

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  
    Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  
    Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So your way of interpreting scripture is to discount or minimise the significance of the other verses that others promote, and place the misery of John at the forefront.

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Well no, but what is the use of discussing this with you, because your way is simply to find fault rather than understand what I have just stated.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 13 2009,18:46)

Stuart

Hi CT:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Well no, but what is the use of discussing this with you, because your way is simply to find fault rather than understand what I have just stated.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Finally a rational statement, 942767, why do you think I don't dialogue with him?

:cool:

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 14 2009,13:46)

Stuart

Hi CT:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

What you have stated is faulty.

You claim that you have christianity right, and others have it wrong because they 'interpret scripture', whereas you think you have found the one specific part that indicates what christianity is about, yet you are doing an interpretation of your own, one that ignores the verses that others emphasise. Notwithstanding translation problems, you should be saying that the whole of the NT collectively and evenly describes your belief system, shouldn't you?

Stuart

some are wrong some are right but im not telling them

terraricca
    Participant

that s rong to

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 14 2009,13:51)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 13 2009,18:46)

Stuart

Hi CT:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Finally a rational statement, 942767, why do you think I don't dialogue with him?

:cool:

You prefer to converse with people who are capable of only one rational statement in 1000 posts?

That's a bit perverse.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

hi stu
    it is not how much you say but how much substanse you giving out and the value of it ,

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 19 2009,10:29)
    hi stu
    it is not how much you say but how much substanse you giving out and the value of it ,

Speaking of such, have you chosen the stuff of Neal Adams that you find most convincing yet?

Stuart

there are too many denominations

terraricca
    Participant

stu
    yes it is me,i would like to know more abode it ,i figure you are the person to ask,do you think that what 'neal adams 'try to explain is wrong,if it is wrong, could you explain very simply to me why ? and explain what you are sure it is.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 07 2009,05:44)
    stu
    yes it is me,i would like to know more abode it ,i figure you are the person to ask,do you think that what 'neal adams 'try to explain is wrong,if it is wrong, could you explain very simply to me why ? and explain what you are sure it is.

Well I am happy to explain what I know, but you will need to choose which bit, because like a drunk uncle at christmas he rants around all sorts of topics, making little sense of any of them.

Which bit should we start with?

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

hi stu
    it seems you are the one in confusion ,because i left the door open to you ,you got lost and ask me to start,would this mean you are a ender not a starter ?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 07 2009,09:31)
    hi stu
    it seems you are the one in confusion ,because i left the door open to you ,you got lost and ask me to start,would this mean you are a ender  not a starter ?

No confusion here. The website is a joke, and you have not answered my reasonable question about it.

Why did you post the link in the first place?

Stuart

this is to see why we cant just talk about christ and leave denomination names out of it except to say what type of church we go to

terraricca
    Participant

hi Jnf
    Neal adams ;is not a denomination its ascientific difference that explain the changes on the planet in a different configuration than the on is teached in schools.
    check it out; nealadams.com

ok

Stu
    Participant

Did you like his Batman drawings JnF?

Stuart

what stu

Stu
    Participant

On the Nealadams site. His Batman drawings. Did you like them?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account