Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….who is your ,”First love”? , Rev 2:4,   Matt 22:36.  is it Jesus or “God the Father”?

peace and love to you and yours Berean………..gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.(Mathew 22:37)

And to love God the Father, we must go through the Son:

No one comes to the Father except through me, Jesus said.

And again: WITHOUT ME, YOU CAN DO NOTHING.

CHRIST IN US IS THE HOPE OF GLORY ….

IF I LIVE IT IS NO LONGER I WHO LIVES, IT IS CHRIST WHO LIVES IN ME.

GENE, YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF REVELATION 2 IS FALSE AND MISLEADING.

WHEN THE EARLY CHURCH LOST ITS FIRST LOVE, IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEIR LOVE FOR THE FATHER WAS PASSED ON TO THE SON, BUT THE SPIRIT OF SACRIFICE, THE PASSION FOR THE SALVATION OF SOULS WAS NO LONGER THEIR FIRST CONCERN BUT RATHER THE ENDLESS THEOLOGICAL DEBATES ….
    THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE.
    May God help us

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

TRUST, FAITH, AND BELIEF  BEGINS HERE

An Amazing Fact: According to recent polls, over the past 50 years, Americans have been rather consistent in their belief of the six-day Creation as found in the book of Genesis. A little less than 50 percent still believe the Bible’s account happened as written. Others believe that micro-evolution is the sole cause of all life on earth—while an increasing number of people, including many Christians, now believe in theistic evolution, i.e., Intelligent Design.

The Bible says that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1).

With all the evidence mounting against it, the theory of evolution (or Darwinism) is coming under increasing scrutiny. Indeed, despite pressure and persecution from their peers, more scientists are boldly suggesting that the complexity of even the smallest cell points to a powerful designer. Even though that seems like a good thing, and in some ways it is, the theory of Intelligent Design still falls woefully short, because it still puts forth that it took millions of years of death and trial and error for a man to evolve from an ape-like ancestor. It is still a de facto rejection of God’s written Word.

Why? Because it suggests that even before Adam and Eve sinned, death was a natural part of life and was not a curse as a result of rebellion against God. This contradicts not only the Creation account, but it also undermines the need for salvation through Christ’s atoning death and resurrection—and even the Seventh-day Sabbath.

A clear and complete understanding of God and our place in the great controversy begins with Genesis. Remember, if you believe in Jesus, God in human flesh, then like Him you should believe that Adam and Eve, Noah’s Flood, and Sodom and Gomorrah were real events that speak to our faith experience in ways that no simple-minded myth can.

You can and should trust God’s Word. Not only is it the true key to the past, it is the only key to discovering true salvation. That’s a great foundation to have when you are beginning a new year!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.”
    Psalms 119:160″All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”
    2 Timothy 3:16

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……But Jesus said JOHN 6;44…… “NO” man “can” come unto me, except the Father draw him.  Seems you have a dilemma on your hands, So who’s “first”,  even in our salvation,  is it God the Father or Jesus Christ? ,  according  to Jesus, it is the Father.  So Berean who is your “first love” , Jesus or God,  the Father. You still have never answered the question,  simple question why no answer?  Is it because you as nearly all Christendom has made Jesus your God? And therefore your “FIRST LOVE” , what will you do when you hear the words “depart from me you worker of “iniquity”, I know you not from whence you are.  Those are the words “MANY” SHALL HEAR.  WHO HAVE LEFT THEIR ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT THEIR,  “FIRST LOVE”. 

peace and love to you and yours…………gene

Berean
    Participant

The bible does not speak of first love and second love IN THE MEANING THAT YOU GIVE MR GENE
    OF COURSE THE FATHER IS THE SOURCE OF ETERNAL LOVE
    FOR REVELATION 2, I ANSWERED YOU ABOVE

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean ,   Yes the Bible does speak of The first love and also the second love,  it’s found here 

Matt 22: 36-40,  to them who have eyes to see.

peace and love to you and yours Berean…………gene

Berean
    Participant

Matthew 22:36-40

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    [37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    [38] This is the first and great commandment.
    [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Gene, But I agree with Mathieu 22, but this has nothing to do with Revelation 2

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

AN END TO AFFLICTION 

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

AN AMAZING FACT: Erik Weihenmeyer became the first blind man to climb to the highest peak in the world. He and his sighted friend, Eric Alexander, along with other members of their climbing team, reached the summit of Mount Everest on May 25, 2001. Mark Inglis, who lost both of his legs below the knee, conquered Everest in 2006. He is the first person to successfully scale the mountain with two false legs.
    Since almost 20 percent of Americans are disabled in some way, chances are you have a friend or family member with a disability of some kind, or perhaps you are disabled yourself. Perhaps you have an illness or have had an accident that causes suffering. The Bible assures us that when an afflicted person cries out to God, He hears. And He cares.

When God healed the crippled man in Lystra, through Paul, the Bible says the man “leaped and walked.” Can’t you just see him jumping high into the air, again and again, landing on his new, healthy feet? Don’t you think he was laughing in delight?

This is what it will be like when Jesus returns. For those who belong to Him, all disabilities, deformities, diseases—afflictions of any kind—will vanish in that glorious instant. Freed from the effects of sin, we will be completely healthy, happy, and restored to the likeness of God. It’s what He has always wanted for us. As we praise Him, we will almost certainly leap for joy!
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother’s womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. Acts 14:8-10 

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

MAGNETITE

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

An Amazing Fact: Electronic metal detectors stationed at airports and government buildings which check for concealed weapons are not exactly new. Centuries ago one of the royal palaces in Chang-an, the ancient Chinese capital now known as Sian, had gates made of lodestone. Now lodestone is a powerful natural magnet also known as magnetite, which is a crystallized iron mineral with a black metallic luster. There are different theories on how lodestone becomes magnetized. One idea is that the strong magnetic fields surrounding lightning bolts change magnetite since lodestones are mostly found at the surface of our planet and are not buried deep in the earth.

Who discovered the magnetic properties of lodestone? The Greek philosopher Thales of Miletus makes a reference to lodestone in the 6th century. However, the American astronomer John Carlson found an artifact in Central America that indicates that the Olmec people may have used geomagnetic lodestone in compasses earlier than 1,000 B.C. The earliest Chinese literary reference to lodestone is found in the 4th century B.C. in a book called Book of the Devil Valley Master—not a work I’m interested in reading!

Why were the gates of the Chang-an royal palaces made of lodestone? If a would-be assassin came through these palace gates with a concealed dagger, the lodestone would pull at the hidden iron weapon like an invisible hand. Then the startled criminal would instinctively reach for the weapon. There were trained guards stationed by the magic gate who were carefully watching every movement, who would then spring forward and search the suspect. Because the superstitious people believed the ruler had special powers to read their hearts, few ever entertained thoughts of murder.

The Bible describes the gates of heaven (the New Jerusalem) to be very special. There are 12 gates, each made with a single pearl (Revelation 21:21). These gates will never be shut since there is no night in heaven (v. 25). But more than that, nothing will enter those gates that will put heaven at risk. “But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life” (v. 27). God has created His own security detector system to keep the entire Universe safe. And the Lord doesn’t need lodestone to help!

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.”
    Isaiah 54:17

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean……..Rev 2:4. Speaks of those who lost their “first love” ,  not there ‘second Love’ Jesus Christ , but there “First love ” who is God the Father.   Jesus told them of all the things they did in his name, just as he tols others that in his day “many shall come and say to him ” in “YOUR NAME”   (the name of Jesus we did all these goos works) ,  but they did not do it in the name of the Father ,   therefore they were rejected,  why ? Because they did it in the name of their Second love, and not the name of their “FIRST LOVE”, God the Father’s name,   But “everything Jesus Christ did he did in the name of the Father, his FIRST LOVE”  even over his own life also,  was his “Second love “, Himself and us. 

To him that has the eyes to see, let him see.

peace and love to all of you and yours………..gene

Berean
    Participant

Gene

All this does not hold water, you invent all kinds of things to justify yourself.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Berean……..Rev 2:4. Speaks of those who lost their “first love”,  not there ‘second Love’ Jesus Christ, but their “First love ” who is God the Father.   Jesus told them of all the things they did in his name, just as he told others that in his day “many shall come and say to him ” in “YOUR NAME”   (the name of Jesus we did all these good works) ,

but they did not do it in the name of the Father,  

WHERE CAN WE READ IN SCRIPTURE THE PHRASE :

“IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER”

NOW TO THE TRUTH:

John14:13Because I go to the Father:

and whatsoever you shall ask the Father IN MY NAME,

THAT WILL I DO: that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If you shall ask me anything IN MY NAME, that I will do.

26  But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost,

whom the Father will send in MY NAME,

he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you.

NOW  JUST TO KEEP YOU IN MIND, READ HEREUNDER THE SCRIPTURE WHICH EMPHATICALLY DECLARES WHAT YOU REJECT!

To him that has the eyes to see, let him see.

Acts 2:38 But Peter said to them: Do penance and be baptized every one of you

IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, for the remission of your sins: and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 4:10 Be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that 

BY THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST

of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God hath raised from dead, even by him this man standeth here before you whole. 11This is the stone which was rejected by you the builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no OTHER NAME under heaven given to men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 5:40 And calling in the apostles, after they had scourged them, they charged them that they should not speak at all in the name of Jesus; and they dismissed them. 41And they indeed went from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were accounted worthy to suffer reproach for the name of Jesus. 42And every day they ceased not in the temple, and from house to house, to teach and preach Christ Jesus.

Acts 16:18 And this she did many days. But Paul being grieved, turned, and said to the spirit:

I command thee, IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, to go out from her. And he went out the same hour.

Acts 19:5 Having heard these things, they were baptized

IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS. 6And when Paul had imposed his hands on them, the Holy Ghost came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

Philippians 2:10 THAT IN THE NAME OF JESUS every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth: 11And that every tongue should confess that

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS IN THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER.

1 Corinthians 5:4 IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, you being gathered together, and my spirit, WITH THE POWER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST;

2 Thessalonians 3:6And we charge you, brethren,

IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother walking disorderly, and not according to the tradition which they have received of us.

Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things,

IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, to God and the Father:  

YOU: But “everything Jesus Christ did he did in the name of the Father, his “FIRST LOVE”  even over his own life also,  was his “Second love “, Himself and us. 

ME: Gene, by the look of it JESUS FOR YOU CAME ON EARTH AND ACHIEVED NOTHING AND STILL DOING  HIS WORK IN THE NAME OF HIS FATHER! 

JUST READ JESUS’ OWN WORDS  REGARDING HIS ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY AND FOR GOD’S SAKE

ACCEPT THE TRUTH!

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying:

ALL POWER is given to me in heaven and in earth.  

Mark 16: 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe:

IN MY NAME they shall cast out devils:

they shall speak with new tongues. 18They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU: All this does not hold water, you invent all kinds of things to justify yourself.

WELL SAID BEREAN!

Gene: To him, that has the eyes to see, let him see.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF BAPTISM ? 

The word “baptism” comes from the Greek word “baptizo,” which means to immerse, submerge, or to cleanse by dipping something under water. In one sense, it represents death—the breath “stops” while the person is under water. When we come up from the water, we are “raised with Christ” (Colossians 3:1)—resurrected to a new life.

It also represents a new birth. When a baby is born, it comes out of an envelope of water, and it takes a breath. So baptism also represents being born again. Jesus said, “Most assuredly, … unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3). Baptism signifies that new start in our lives, with God in control.

Even Jesus, though He never sinned, set an example for us when He went to be baptized by John the Baptist in the Jordan River. Scripture tells us, “When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him” (Matthew 3:16).

Baptism is a ceremony where a person is saying, “I’ve turned away from my sins and have committed my life to Jesus.” It is usually done publicly; a pastor immerses someone and they come up out of the water with all their old sins washed away. Baptism shows that they’ve accepted salvation through Christ.

Naturally, after baptism, a person’s focus should be different. The Bible says, “If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God” (Colossians 3:1). If we have committed our lives to God, our center of attention should be on spiritual things. Our main focus should be on pleasing God rather than on pleasing ourselves.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.”
    Romans 6:4 

God bless

https://www.amazingfacts.org/bible-study/daily-devotional

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……..my,my, my, how you arrogantly you change our scriptures to meet your lies continually .

This is the proper translation of Philippians 2:10-11.

Phi 2:10-11…….That at the name of Jesus every  Knee should bow,  of things in heaven, and things in earth and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is lord,  “TO”, THE GLORY OF “GOD the FATHER”  .  

Face it Carmel,  you and Berean are both are false teachers,  both spreading lies about the Father and Jesus, the Christ,   you both are the ministers of Satan, and haven’t a single clue of the lies you are spreading.  Do you actually believe you will not have to give an account of your deceptions?

Time is short, REPENT . …….peace and love to you and yours……..gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: Berean……..Rev 2:4. Speaks of those who lost their “first love” ,  not there ‘second Love’ Jesus Christ ,

but there “First love ” who is God the Father. 

Genesis 3:17 And to Adam he said: Because thou hast hearkened to the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldst not eat,

cursed is the earth in thy work; with labour and toil shalt thou eat thereof all the days of thy life.

18Thorns and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou eat the herbs of the earth.

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread till thou return to the earth, out of which thou wast taken: for dust thou art, and into dust thou shalt return.

23And the Lord God sent him out of the paradise of pleasure, to till the earth from which he was taken.

Gene, as you can read in the above scriptures, once Adam rejected God the Father, DEFINITELY, HIS FIRST LOVE, He and the world were CURSED. Adam and his wife were cast out of the garden back to the world from where he was taken simply to live in a cursed world and also REJECTED by God the Father, HIS FIRST LOVE.

Consequently, the entire human race NOT JUST ENDED WITHOUT THEIR FIRST LOVE, GOD THE FATHER,  BUT UNAWARE OF IT, THROUGH ADAM SIN, THEY ACQUIRED

ANOTHER FIRST LOVE OF SIN AND DEATH,  

Genesis 6:5 And God seeing that the wickedness of men was great on the earth, and that all the thought of their heart was bent upon EVIL AT ALL TIMES, 6It repented him that he had made man on the earth. And being touched inwardly with sorrow of heart, 7He said:

I WILL DESTROY MAN, whom I have created, from the face of the earth, from man even to beasts, from the creeping thing even to the fowls of the air,

FOR IT REPENTETH ME THAT I HAVE MADE THEM.

Romans 6:1 WHAT shall we say, then? shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. For we that are dead to sin, how shall we live any longer therein? 

3Know you not that all we, who are baptized in Christ Jesus, are baptized in his death? 4For we are buried together with him by baptism into death; that as Christ is risen from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we also may walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection. 

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin may be destroyed, to the end that we may serve sin no longer. 

7For he that is dead is justified from sin.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall live also together with Christ: 

9Knowing that Christ rising again from the dead, dieth now no more, death shall no more have dominion over him. 10For in that he died to sin, he died once; but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God: 11So do you also reckon, that you are dead to sin,

but alive unto God, in

Christ Jesus our Lord.

12Let no sin therefore reign in your mortal body, so as to obey the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of iniquity unto sin; but present yourselves to God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of justice unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you; for you are not under the law, but under grace.15What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are whom you obey, whether it be of sin unto death, or of obedience unto justice. 17But thanks be to God, that you were the servants of sin, but have obeyed from the heart, unto that form of doctrine, into which you have been delivered.

18Being then freed from sin, we have been made servants of justice. 19I speak an human thing, because of the infirmity of your flesh. For as you have yielded your members to serve uncleanness and iniquity, unto iniquity; so now yield your members to serve justice, unto sanctification.

20For when you were the servants of sin, you were free men to justice. 21What fruit therefore had you then in those things, of which you are now ashamed? For the end of them is death. 

22But now being made free from sin,

and become servants to God, you have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end life everlasting. 

23For the wages of sin is death.

But the grace of God, life everlasting,

in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ANSWER Gene:

WHO IS THE FIRST LOVE OF THE HUMAN RACE?

By which first love we acquire back again our lost first love in the garden on

the last day of the LORD JESUS CHRIST WHEN GOD THE FATHER WOULD BE ALL IN ALL IN 

THE KINGDOM OF THE SON 

THE KINGDOM OF GOD

JESUS CHRIST

J0hn 16:25 These things I have spoken to you in proverbs. The hour cometh, when I will no more speak to you in proverbs,

but I WILL show you plainly of the Father.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

THE WORLD’S MOST EXPENSIVE HOUSE 

Daily Devotional

AN AMAZING FACT: According to Forbes magazine, the 27-story skyscraper built in Mumbai, India, is one of the world’s largest and costliest homes. Mukesh Ambani, ranked by Forbes with a net worth of $43 billion, is building an eye-popping home that, when finished, will be 550 feet high with 400,000 square feet of living space. The Ambanis’ home, called The Antilia, will have no two floors alike in either plans or materials.

The first six stories will be dedicated to parking lots, with 168 parking spaces to pamper the many imported cars of family and guests, along with space for the 600 servants and workers. Of course, on days when the traffic is bad, they can use the helicopter pad on the roof. The Antilia’s living quarters begin at a lobby with nine elevators to access the 20 palatial floors above. The Ambanis plan to occasionally use the residence for corporate entertainment, so they have one floor with a formal ballroom complete with crystal chandeliers covering 80 percent of the ceiling and silver staircase. Another floor holds the wine room and theater.

One floor features an ice room where residents and guests can escape the tropical heat to a small, cooled chamber dusted by manmade snow flurries. For more temperate days, the family will enjoy a four-story open garden with a swimming pool surrounded by flowers, trees, and lawns with hanging hydroponic plants. The four floors at the top house the luxurious living quarters for the family that will provide a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea and city skyline. The cost to build this skyscraper palace ranges between $500 million and $2 billion.

But this is nothing compared to the mansions Jesus has prepared for us. In quoting Isaiah 64, Paul writes to the believers in Corinth about heaven: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him” (1 Corinthians 2:9). The costliest buildings of Earth fade in comparison to the heavenly mansions being made for us by the hand of God. More than that, we will be able to abide with Christ forever.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 

GOD BLESS

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……The “FIRST LOVE ” is God he Father,   For Jesus,  and all true believers, which are   his brothers and sisters.   Jesus is not now or ever was to be take as anyone’s “FIRST LOVE”,  THAT  IS RESERVED FOR GOD the Father “ALONE”.

peace and love to you and yours………….gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Carmel……The “FIRST LOVE ” is God he Father,   For Jesus,  and all true believers, which are   his brothers and sisters.   Jesus is not now or ever was to be take as anyone’s “FIRST LOVE”,  

THAT  IS RESERVED FOR GOD the Father “ALONE”.

ME: THE TRUTH IS THAT

WE WON’T RECEIVE IT UNLESS IN

JESUS CHRIST!

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

IS IT ALWAYS WRONG TO JUDGE OTHERS?

We’ve all heard people echo the command, “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you” (Matthew 7:1, 2). This is not a universal prohibition against ever using practical judgment with other people. Jesus also said, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24).

God is not saying that we aren’t to use judgment to distinguish between right and wrong. Neither is He suggesting we shouldn’t hold each other accountable, or that we can’t help guide another person. The Bible says we should “be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth” (2 Timothy 2:24, 25).

It’s appropriate to condemn a wrong act, but we have no right to condemn a person. And we should always be ready to forgive the one who commits a wrong act, just as our Father in heaven is ready to forgive the offender. Being merciful doesn’t in any way condone the wrong that has been done. Just as God does, we should hate the sin, but love the sinner.

When He says, “Judge not,” God is telling us we’re not to pass sentence on anyone. We should be careful in that regard because when we judge and denounce other people, we’re going to be judged by those standards as well. Paul wrote, “Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things” (Romans 2:1). Frequently, people who criticize and condemn others are hypocrites and are themselves guilty of the same kind of sin.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account