Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Tell us this was Adam a “Son of God” then? , Scripture says he sure was.  But then you really don’t believe our scriptures or what Jesus says either right?

Where scripture says that God may be in “all”, and “through” ALL.   To you, that is a lie, right?

1. Face it Carmel, you haven’t a clue what you are saying. Anyone who preaches Jesus Christ as their GOD  AND  WORSHIPS HIM AS THEIR GOD, IS NOT OF GOD.  2 Ths 2 ,  is exactly who you are and what you are doing.  You have taken a “MAN” the “MAN” Jesus AND MADE HIM YOUR God and Worship him as such. Which turns the image of Jesus into a man of sin.
      2. All those who do that will never be accepted by God the Father .  You have left your “FRST LOVE” and exchanged him for the man Jesus,  a “Second love” > Rev 2:4,  Matt 22;36,    Repent.Those who have the spirit to hear, let him hear, what the Spirit Is saying.

peace and love to you and yours Carmel………gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Continue from my last post:

YOU: Why ? “Scripture says that, “ONE” God may be “in” all, and through “all”.

Gene In the above, you never produced the appropriate COMPLETE scripture but simply posted fragments of it hoping to win an argument, but never with the intention and aim for truth,

Scripture:

Ephesians 1:1 I, therefore, a prisoner in the Lord, (DEFINITELY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST) beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation in which you are called,(IN THE CHURCH OF CHRIST) 2With all humility and mildness, with patience, supporting one another in charity. (TO IMITATE JESUS) 3Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit (DEFINITELY THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST) in the bond of peace. (ESTABLISHED BY JESUS’DEATH)

HERE IT COMES Gene:

4One body( OF CHRIST) and one Spirit;(AGAIN OF CHRIST) as you are called (IN THE CHURCH OF CHRIST) in one hope of your calling.

5One Lord, (JESUS CHRIST) one faith,(IN CHRIST’S CHURCH) one baptism. (IN THE NAME OF JESUS)

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.

DEFINITELY, JESUS CHRIST IS

ONE GOD AND FATHER OF THE ENTIRE MORTAL HUMAN RACE NO MATTER WHO AND WHAT PURCHASED BY HIS OWN BLOOD  FOR HIS OWN KINGDOM, AND FOR THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER ON THE LAST DAY OF THE LORD, WHEN GOD WOULD BE ALL IN ALL.

GOD THE FATHER Gene, is never the father of the MORTAL HUMAN RACE!

JESUS CHRIST IS; John20:17

OUR FIRST LOVE, FOR THE SAKE OF GOD; REJECTED BY ADAM!

THE FACT THAT GOD THE FATHER SENT HIS SON AS THE ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND HUMANITY:

YOU: Why ? “Scripture says that, “ONE” God may be “in” all, and through “all”.

THAT’S WHY Gene that particular verse of scripture you referred to SAYS SO;

BUT FOR A REASON  YOU ONLY KNOW WHY, YOU ONLY PRODUCED FRAGMENTS OF IT AND NEVER PRODUCED IT IN FULL FOR YOUR OWN SCOPE AND HIDE THE TRUTH, 

YOU: JESUS ALSO SAID THIS, ” I AM GOING TO ‘MY’ GOD,  “AND” YOUR GOD, ‘MY’ FATHER, “AND” YOUR FATHER.

NO Gene, AGAIN, PRODUCE GENUINE SCRIPTURE PLEASE!!!

JESUS NEVER SAID THOSE PRECISE WORDS AND ALSO WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO IMPLY READ:

John 20:17 Jesus saith to her: Do not touch me, for I am not yet ascended to my Father. But go to my brethren, and say to them: I ascend to my Father and to your Father, to my God and your God. 

“ASCEND” TO MY FATHER…. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS GOING TO HIS FATHER IN HEAVEN,  AT LEAST NOT BEFORE THE FORTY DAYS ARE OVER, DURING WHICH DAYS JESUS ESTABLISHED GOD’S KINGDOM ON EARTH AND GOD’S WILL ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

JESUS BY HIS OWN SPIRIT, RESURRECTED AS A HUMAN BEING WITH THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL IN HIM FROM THE HEART OF THE EARTH, HELL!

FOR THE FIRST-EVER TIME OUR AUTHENTIC BROTHER, HE MADE THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL AUTHENTIC IN HIM, 

THE SECOND ADAM.

CONFIRMED BY JESUS TO MARY WHEN HE SAID

GO TO MY BRETHREN, 

THE ONLY TIME JESUS HIMSELF CALLED US HIS BRETHREN  PRECISELY  ON HIS RESURRECTION

THE MAN BORN AGAIN FROM ALL THE DEAD SOULS BOTH IN HELL AND ON EARTH.

ORIGINALLY  AS A SPIRIT, SLAIN LIKE A LAMB FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD Rev.13:8

THUS  “ASCEND TO”  IS A REFERENCE TO JESUS GLORIFICATION WHEN HE

THAT SAME EVENING INTEGRATED WITH

THE HOLY GHOST GLORIFIED AS JESUS CHRIST ON THE CROSS

GODMAN ON EARTH John13:31-32

AND THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL IN HIM BECAME SONS OF GOD

IN JESUS CHRIST 

OUR GOD AND FATHER CONFIRMED BY JESUS TO MARY:

I ascend to my Father and to your Father,

to my God and your God. 

JESUS IS OUR FIRST LOVE!

HE PRESENTED THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE PERFECT TO 

GOD THE FATHER 

John 4:34 Jesus saith to them: My meat is to do the will of him that sent me,

that I may perfect his work. 

1 Colossians 22 Yet now he hath reconciled in the body of his flesh through death,

to present you holy and unspotted, and blameless before him: 

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be 

“THE” God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

who according to his great mercy hath REGENERATED us unto a lively hope, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,(SPIRITUALLY DEAD) 4Unto an inheritance ( A NEW FLESH BODY, THE NEW JERUSALEM) incorruptible, and undefiled, and that can not fade, reserved in heaven for you, 

IN JESUS CHRIST 

1 John 3:2 Dearly beloved, we are now the sons of God; and it hath not yet appeared what we shall be. We know, that, when he shall appear,

we shall be like to him: because we shall see him as he is. 

ME: You haven’t even began to even unravel that problem you have yet, not to mention all the rest of

your scriptural problems.

THE FACT THAT YOU NEVER PRODUCE ANY!

YOU: So again tell us how does that make The “man” Jesus our, God ‘and’ Father? ,

ME: THERE IT IS IN

BLACK ON WHITE Mr. Gene!

YOU: ACCORDING TO JESUS WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME GOD AND FATHER, AS HE HAS.

NOW READ JESUS OWN WORDS:

John17:10 And all my things are thine, and thine are mine;

and I am glorified in them. 

ACCORDING TO JESUS ABOVE

JESUS IS ALSO 

GOD AND FATHER; obvious to the human race in

FLESH AND BLOOD!

AS MUCH AS  GOD THE FATHER IS OUR GOD IN SPIRIT!

THE FACT THAT JESUS SENT BY THE FATHER, GAVE US HIS DIVINE BODY ON HIS RESURRECTION AND MADE US ALL AUTHENTIC BROTHERS IN HIM!

YOU: He also told us to pray in this manor, “OUR” Father who art in heaven, holy be ‘THY’ name, ‘THY’ kingdom come,  ‘Thy’ will be done, in earth as in heaven”.    Did you see any “My kingdom come, or My will be done  on earth as it is done in heaven there?

All things are delivered to me by my Father; and no one knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and

to whom the Son will reveal him.

THE FACT THAT JESUS  TOLD US TO PRAY AND SAY “OUR FATHER”  HE WAS BOTH REFERRING

TO GOD THE FATHER WHO IS SPIRIT AND ALSO TO 

GOD THE SON WHO IS FLESH IN HIM JESUS CHRIST! 

AGAIN BEFORE THE WORLD WAS John17:5

ANSWER Gene,

SCRIPTURALLY:

IS IT THE KINGDOM OF THE SON OR

THE KINGDOM OF THE FATHER?

Now let’s be honest Gene, you ‘REALLY’ do not truly believe what Jesus actually says do you? , or you would understand him and what he said right?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

Who is the strongest

AN AMAZING FACT: If asked what the world’s strongest animal might be, you would probably imagine a large animal like an elephant or whale. Surprisingly, the title actually goes to the Onthophagus Taurus dung beetle. This little creature can pull 1,140 times its own body weight!
    A recent study from Queen Mary University of London reveals that the dung beetle uses its great strength to battle other male beetles during mating season. Imagine pulling 100 tons of weight—an impossible feat for any human. Yet a dung beetle can do the equivalent.

The strength of God’s creatures might cause us to pause in wonder, but the power of our Creator is even greater. The psalmist praised, “Be exalted, O Lord, in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power.” David recognized with awe the strength of our God as something to be praised. In the world around him and the events of his life, he could see God’s might at work.
    The same God who created an astonishingly strong insect has the strength to orchestrate the powers that control our world, yet at the same time He knows and cares about the small details of our lives. The trials on your heart are close to His heart too, and His strength is always ready to carry us through each day. Like David, many of us face difficult trials; it can be easy to let fear overwhelm us. But if we pause to step back and recognize that our lives are not in our hands, we can rest easy. Our lives are in the hands of an incredibly strong and caring Creator.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Psalms 21:13 

https://www.amazingfacts.org/bible-study/daily-devotional

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……Your reasoning is so screwed up it is not even worth committing on.  It is oblivious to me you have received the deluding spirit from God in order for you to believe a LIE.  Because you simply do not love the truth, as plainly written in our scriptures,  I have quoted exactly scriptures as they are written,  and you accuse me of not doing that, and all the while you rewrite them adding into every one of them,  your own words and reasonings that are not even in the Text at all>.  Talk about a twister of the word of God, as I have said before you are a master at that and serve your master and it is not the God of our lord Jesus Christ,  That is for sure.

REPENT CARMEL,

peace and love to you and yours Carmel………..gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU:

Carmel……Your reasoning is so screwed up it is not even worth committing on.  It is oblivious to me you have received the deluding spirit from God in order for you to believe a LIE.  Because you simply do not love the truth, as plainly written in our scriptures,  I have quoted exactly scriptures as they are written,  and you accuse me of not doing that, and all the while you rewrite them adding into every one of them,  your own words and reasonings that are not even in the Text at all>.  Talk about a twister of the word of God, as I have said before you are a master at that and serve your master and it is not the God of our lord Jesus Christ,  That is for sure.

REPENT CARMEL,

ME: Gene, did you ever read or heard the story of the fox when he spotted a cluster of grapes and he jumped and jumped and jumped to get hold of it but he didn’t, he finally exhausted and breathless said

AFTER ALL, THAT CLUSTER IS STILL SOUR!

IT’S THE SAME STORY WITH YOU HERE I’M AFRAID.

Gene, UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY CONTRADICT ME, I’M AFRAID WHATEVER I WROTE AND POSTED STANDS AS TRUTH!

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Carmel…….Tell us this was Adam a “Son of God” then? , Scripture says he sure was.  

But then you really don’t believe our scriptures or what Jesus says either right?

Genesis 2:7And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth: and breathed into his face the breath of life, and man became a living soul.

In the above scripture clearly says that God formed man of the slime of the earth!

Luke 3:38 Who was of Henos, who was of Seth, who was of Adam, who was of God.

In the above, I can understand Luke considering that he presented Jesus’ genealogy, WHICH IN FACT IT IS MARY’S,  in relation to Jesus as

THE SON OF GOD OF THE HOLY GHOST, PRECISELY GIVEN TO ADAM BY GOD’S BREATH,  and NOT IN RELATION TO THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS THROUGH EVE IN MATTHEW’S GENEALOGY!

THE MAIN REASON THAT MATTHEW INITIATED JESUS’GENEALOGY FROM ABRAHAM!

THE FACT THAT ISAAC WAS ENTIRELY A DIVINE INTERVENTION THROUGHOUT,

NO SEX INVOLVED!

That’s all about Adam, now according to your carnal-minded interest, but for sure not with the least interest for truth, you are in the position to believe what you want. NOW LET’S READ THE SCRIPTURE IN RELATION TO

JESUS THE TRUTH and

THE SON OF GOD!

John3:16 For God so loved the world, as to give his

only begotten Son;

that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. 17For God sent not his Son into the world, to judge the world,

but that the world may be saved by him.

18He that believeth in him is not judged. But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of

the only begotten Son of God. 

19And this is the JUDGEMENT:

because THE LIGHT is come INTO the world,

and men loved darkness rather than the light: for their works were evil.

John12:44 But Jesus cried, and said:

He that believeth in me, doth not believe in me,

but in him that sent me.

45And he that seeth me,

seeth him that sent me.

46I AM COME AS LIGHT  into the world;

that whosoever believeth in me, may not remain in darkness.

Gene in the above you have both the scripture and also Jesus own words regarding 

WHO JESUS IS, AGAIN YOU ARE IN THE POSITION TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT!

NOW TO SOMETHING WHICH IS ALSO WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURE BLACK ON WHITE AND ALSO SAID BY JESUS REGARDING HIS ORIGIN AS PROOF THAT HE IS

THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD!

JESUS HIMSELF IN John3:19, DECLARED THAT HE CAME INTO THE WORLD AS

“THE LIGHT”, A CLEAR REFERENCE TO THE FATHER, AND JESUS

GOD FROM GOD

WHILE in John12:46 HE DECLARED THAT HE CAME INTO THE WORLD AS 

LIGHT a clear reference to himself! 

LIGHT FROM LIGHT

Now believe it or not it’s your pigeon, 

JESUS AS THE SON OF GOD, AND GOD IS A SPIRIT, IN ACTUAL FACT THAN, WAS BORN OF MARY FIRST WITH

A LUMINOUS SPIRIT BODY since He was born of  THE HOLY GHOST, and 

GOD THE FATHER is both  SPIRIT and THE LIGHT ITSELF NO?

Luke 1:35 And the angel answering, said to her:

THE HOLY GHOST

shall come upon thee, and the power of

THE MOST HIGH

shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called

the Son of God.

THE ABOVE Mr. Gene is 

THE TRIUNE CONCEPT AND 

IS ALSO WHAT I BELIEVE!

YOU: But then you really don’t believe our scriptures or what Jesus says either right?

ME: NO Mr. Gene WRONG 

ANSWER PLEASE:

READING THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE;

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE OUR SCRIPTURE OR WHAT JESUS SAYS?

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Face it Carmel, you haven’t a clue what you are saying. Anyone who preaches Jesus Christ as their GOD  AND  WORSHIPS HIM AS THEIR GOD, IS NOT OF GOD. 

ME: SCRIPTURE PLEASE:

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

Who is the strongest ?

AN AMAZING FACT: If asked what the world’s strongest animal might be, you would probably imagine a large animal like an elephant or whale. Surprisingly, the title actually goes to the Onthophagus Taurus dung beetle. This little creature can pull 1,140 times its own body weight!
    A recent study from Queen Mary University of London reveals that the dung beetle uses its great strength to battle other male beetles during mating season. Imagine pulling 100 tons of weight—an impossible feat for any human. Yet a dung beetle can do the equivalent.

The strength of God’s creatures might cause us to pause in wonder, but the power of our Creator is even greater. The psalmist praised, “Be exalted, O Lord, in Your own strength! We will sing and praise Your power.” David recognized with awe the strength of our God as something to be praised. In the world around him and the events of his life, he could see God’s might at work.
    The same God who created an astonishingly strong insect has the strength to orchestrate the powers that control our world, yet at the same time He knows and cares about the small details of our lives. The trials on your heart are close to His heart too, and His strength is always ready to carry us through each day. Like David, many of us face difficult trials; it can be easy to let fear overwhelm us. But if we pause to step back and recognize that our lives are not in our hands, we can rest easy. Our lives are in the hands of an incredibly strong and caring Creator.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Psalms 21:13 

God bless.

Berean
    Participant

Hi To all

Daily Devotional

An Amazing Fact: The largest single dish served in the world is roasted camel. To celebrate a wedding or honor a visiting dignitary, Mohammedan tribes in the Arabian, Syrian, and North African deserts usually give a feast where the main dish is without equal. This is how the stuffed camel is put together: Eggs are stuffed inside fish; fish are, in turn, stuffed into chickens; the chickens are then stuffed into sheep, which are roasted. Then the entire cooked sheep are stuffed into a camel. This colossal culinary concoction is the main course at these special feasts. Would you like fries with that?

Jesus tells the story of a wedding feast in which a king prepares a banquet for his son and daughter-in-law. Social gatherings in Bible times often involved large quantities of food. Unfortunately, the guests in Christ’s parable are not willing to come. The king sends out servants again, “Tell those who are invited, ‘See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding’” (Matthew 22:4). Once more the guests spurn the invitation. The king destroys them.

“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy. Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding’” (vs. 8, 9). The Pharisees listening to Jesus viewed the Jews as sitting down to eat a great meal while the Gentiles looked on with jealousy. Jesus showed that the very ones first called turned away from the invitation. Everyone is invited to the marriage banquet.

Christ calls us to come to a wedding banquet prepared for those who love Him. “Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!” (Revelation 19:9). What excuses do we make? Are we so preoccupied that we miss the greatest feast ever made? Or do we feel that we have an exclusive right to this banquet but are not truly ready? Unless we have on Christ’s robe of righteousness (the wedding garment), we will be cast out (v. 12). God wants all to come to the great supper.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “For many are called, but few are chosen.”
    Matthew 22:14

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

JESUS IS COMING BACK THE SAME WAY HE LEFT 

AN AMAZING FACT: The ancient Aztec empire had a prophecy about a feathered god-king with light skin and a beard who would return in the clouds from across the sea. In 1519, Spanish conquistadors, led by Hernando Cortez, arrived on the scene. When the Aztecs saw the Spanish ships, they thought the billowing sails looked like clouds. Cortez was able to use the prophecy to his advantage, assuming the mantle of deity before the Aztec capital. By the time the people realized that Cortez was not the savior they were expecting, it was too late.

The conquistadors proceeded to plunder, enslave, and kill the Aztec people. A once-powerful nation was deceived and destroyed, in part because the prophecies of their god’s return were so ambiguous that almost anyone could have served as a counterfeit. The same will happen to God’s people if they are not careful to accept the Bible’s teaching, which leaves no doubt about the manner of His return.

Believers cannot afford to make the same mistake. Yet in keeping with the mistakes of God’s people throughout history, deception has made its way into many interpretations of Bible prophecy, including the preeminently popular but utterly false “secret rapture” theory.

In the near future, Satan will attempt to impersonate Jesus and counterfeit His return to earth. But God’s people need not be deceived. When the disciples asked Jesus for the signs of His coming and the end of the world, the very first thing He told them was to be on guard against impostors. “Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many” (Matthew 24:4, 5).

Christ then proceeded to give His followers a wealth of information about His second coming so there would be no doubt as to how He would return. Jesus not only wants us to know that He is coming and that He’s coming soon, He wants us to understand the manner of His coming.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day’s journey. Acts 1:11-12

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:27 

God bless

Berean
    Participant

GOOD POVERTY

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

AN AMAZING FACT: At least 80 percent of people around the world live on less than $10 a day. The poorest 40 percent of the world’s population accounts for just five percent of global income. The richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of the world’s income. And according to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.
    Children are often the quiet sufferers in poverty. They die quietly in some of the poorest villages on Earth, far from the awareness and conscience of the world. Being weak and meek in life makes these dying masses even more invisible in death. Measles, malaria, and diarrhea are the three biggest killers of children, and they are all preventable. HIV/AIDS has created more than 14 million orphans; 92 percent of them live in Africa.

So how could Jesus say, “Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God” (Luke 6:20)? Doesn’t Christ have a heart for the poor, especially children? Jesus absolutely cares about the underprivileged. He spent almost all of His ministry reaching out in kindness and love to the sick and dying. Then what does Christ mean when He says, “Blessed are you poor”?

Our Lord is not speaking of physical poverty, but of spiritual poverty. In other words, the kingdom of heaven belongs to those who recognize that there is nothing they can bring to God to ensure salvation except their outstretched hands. No works, no money, no pilgrimages, no “nothing,” will impress God to save you. When we stand before the Lord, we are all “dirt poor.” And that’s a good thing, because to acknowledge our great spiritual need is the first step in receiving God’s free gift of salvation.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?”
    James 2:5

God bless

Berean
    Participant

SAMSON THE ANT

Daily Devotional

AN AMAZING FACT: Ants are incredibly strong compared to humans; they can lift and carry loads up to 50 times their own weight … and some say it’s really 500 times. They will frequently pick up another ant from their colony and give them a ride in their mandibles; an ant is an easy burden compared to some of the large caterpillars and other dead insects they have to bring home.
    Ants are everywhere. Perhaps it is because there are 35,000 different types of them in the world, with 60 species in North America. Ants have two stomachs. One is for them, and one is to feed others from. The ant also has the largest brain in proportion to its size.

They are incredible little creatures. And they are strong. Even a conservative estimate of lifting 10 times their body weight is amazing. That means if you had the strength of an ant and weighed 100 pounds, you could lift 1,000 lbs. Not only that, but ants can drag an object far above their body weight! Could you drag more than a ton of weight around?

The book of Judges introduces us to the strongest man who ever lived—Samson. His life is filled with fascinating stories of defeating lions, catching 300 foxes, and killing a thousand men with the jawbone of a donkey. Samson was incredibly strong, but his strength did not come from within himself. The Bible says, “And the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him” (Judges 14:6). God was the source of Samson’s strength.

You might not be strong compared to other humans or even ants. But like the mighty ant, God can give you strength to deal with your enemies. Unfortunately, Samson did not always use his strength to the glory of God. Learn a lesson from Samson and from the humble ant.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Ephesians 6:10

Merry Christmas to all

And God bless🌾

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

THE SOURCE OF LIFE

Daily Devotional

An Amazing Fact: Evidence continues to mount that the mystery of life can only be explained by intelligent miraculous intervention. In the mid-1800s, when Charles Darwin wrote his theory of evolution, many scientists believed in something called “spontaneous generation.” This is the belief that living things, like maggots, can spontaneously arise from non-living material. Many people believed this because they had observed worms and flies apparently springing forth from lifeless material like decaying meat or fruit.

In 1859, the great scientist Louis Pasteur proved the absurdity of spontaneous generation. He demonstrated when the decaying material was insulated from flies and insects, no larva ever appeared. Now more than ever, modern science confirms that life is extremely complex and can only arise from pre-existing life. This is why the best efforts of evolution scientists have not been able to produce a single cell of life even in the controlled environments of expensive high-tech laboratories.

Now with the marvels of 21st-century microscopes, scientists understand that even the simplest and smallest organism is, in effect, a virtual factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, far more complicated than the International Space Station. In fact, each microscopic cell is as functionally complex as a small city at rush hour!

Now as we delve deeper into the cellular world, science reveals a virtual Lilliputian world of enormous complexity that has pushed the theory of evolution to a breaking point. It is likely that if Charles Darwin was alive today and could see a single cell magnified 50,000 times through electron micrographs, he would utterly renounce his theory as foolishness.

Because it is increasingly obvious there is no scientific explanation for the origin of life on Earth, evolutionists are now playing the alien card. In other words, they are saying life was introduced on our planet by a comet or meteor or by some alien visitors. Of course that creates an out-of-this-world argument that makes it virtually impossible to disprove their fantasy.

In spite of the staggering mountain of evidence that only a miracle could produce life, the modern world refuses to accept the Bible account of Jesus’ resurrection. But not only did Jesus have a resurrection, He is the Resurrection! Jesus is the Author of life, the Source of life both now and eternally.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:”
    John 11:25 

God bless

Berean
    Participant

HI TO ALL

WHY DID GOD CREATE OUR WORLD 

IF HE KNEW WE WOULD FALL INTO SIN ?

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

It is true that God is all knowing. “Do you know how the clouds are balanced, those wondrous works of Him who is perfect in knowledge?” (Job 37:16).

A lady once asked me if the Lord created our planet as some sort of cosmic experiment. In return, I asked her if she was a parent, and she said yes. I then asked, “Do parents who choose to have children not know that their kids will have free wills and make some bad choices? Of course! Yet love takes risks. God has demonstrated that all of us were made free. He even made creatures that He knew would potentially rebel.”

What would it be like if the Lord only made people who were “programmed” to love Him? Obviously, there is something wrong with that because real love cannot be forced. It must be freely given. It was so important to God that humans be free moral agents who could make their own choices that He created people who could truly turn from Him.

Some people suggest that God’s knowledge about what will take place in the future somehow interferes with history and people’s choices. Others believe the Lord “turns off” this ability to know things ahead of time. But just as a video camera can record events without interfering with those happenings, so God’s foreknowledge never violates human freedom.

When our world has run its course and Jesus comes to destroy sin forever, the entire universe will acknowledge, “Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints!” (Revelation 15:3). All will agree that the plans of God to create the world and permit sin to enter was handled with complete fairness and love.

The most incredible part of God’s love is that He was even willing to come and die to save people who rebelled against Him. That shows me that the Lord can be trusted.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    “Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.”
    Psalms 147:5

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

THE FOLLY OF DEBT

Daily Devotional

AN AMAZING FACT: Sears makes more money today off credit interest than selling merchandise. But back in 1910, its own catalog stated, “Buying on credit is folly.”

Likewise, the founder of J.C. Penney hated debt, yet today the store makes millions off their credit cards. Even Henry Ford didn’t offer financing for the first 10 years of the Ford Motor Company, because he felt credit was a lazy man’s way of making purchases. Of course, the United States has a serious problem with credit and credit cards. Five billion credit card solicitations are mailed out each year nationwide, and about 0.4 percent of these offers are accepted.

Eighty percent of American households have at least one credit card, and the average number of cards held by most people is seven! To put the dollars in perspective, the average household credit card debt is about $9,300, and most people pay about 16 percent on all outstanding balances each month. The total credit card debt in the United States is about $665 billion on bank credit cards and about $105 billion on store and gas credit cards. Today’s proverb is obviously one that more of us need to hear.

Whenever someone loans a person money, it puts the relationship into a ruler-servant status. It really doesn’t matter if it is your local bank or your best friend. Loaning people money changes the dynamics of how you view each other. Most of the time when we make a loan to a family member or friend, we think we are being kind and helpful, but in the long run it often unravels and hurts the relationship. It’s better to not lend and avoid the long-term stress.

The deeper issue is that many people are controlled by their materialism and instant gratification, not wisdom. We want things right now; we can’t wait. But learning to earn and pay for something by the sweat of your brow teaches patience and gives you satisfaction in your efforts. You are not a slave to anyone and free to live and serve the Lord without strings attached to your income. You’ll be able to make more and give more to His cause!

Don’t live like 90 percent of the people in our country who purchase things they cannot afford and then forever pay absurd and never-ending interest. Follow the wisdom of Solomon. Avoid debt as if it were the plague and live with the peace God intended you to have in your life.

Additional reading: Proverbs 22:1–16
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Deserter or disciple

From then on, many of his disciples withdrew, and they no longer went with him.
    John 6, v. 66

Suppose God, through his Spirit or a word of Scripture, reveals to you what he expects from you and you perceive this call. If later you desert, you will be dominated by other ways of seeing that are at odds with the Lord’s mind. Perhaps you say to someone in mind, “If he thrives with such ideas, why shouldn’t I be like him?” Your duty is to walk in the light of the Revelation that God has given you. You do not have to compare yourself to others, nor especially to judge them, because it is their business and that of God. When you realize that a way of seeing that is dear to you is at odds with the celestial vision, and that you hesitate between the two, you see certain tendencies developing within you – the feeling of your rights and your personal worth – things that Jesus Christ has nothing to do with. He always considered this to be the root of the enmity against him. “The life of a man does not depend on his possessions, even if he is in abundance.” If we do not understand this, it is because we have not realized the deeper meaning of the Lord’s teaching.

We love to look back, and remember the wonderful experiences we have had. Now, if you refuse to obey a single New Testament commandment revealed by the light of God you are on the wrong track; it proves that your conscience is no longer submissive to the truth. The time has come to make up your mind to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ, or a deserter.

God bless

Wednesday December 29, 2021,

All for That He Reigns is a collection of biblical meditations by Oswald Chambers.

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

The end of bondage
    Comfort, console my people, says your God. Speak to the heart of Jerusalem, and cry to her that her bondage is ended, that her iniquity is atoned for.
    Isaiah 40: 1, 2.

In the darkest days of her conflict with evil, the Church knew the eternal plan of the Most High. She could foresee future triumphs in the midst of the tribulations of this world, as, when the struggle is over, the redeemed will take possession of the promised land. Visions of the glory to come, painted by the divine hand, should be dear to His Church today, as the tragedy of ages quickly draws to a close and the blessings from above are about to be fully realized. carried out. .
    For us who are on the eve of the accomplishment of these things, how the description of these impending events must strike us as serious and worthy of deep interest! For they are the ones that the children of God have been waiting for, wishing for, and asking for since our first parents were cast out from the Garden of Eden. Pilgrims on this earth, we are still in darkness and the tumult of the activities of this world; but soon will appear our Savior who will bring us deliverance and rest. … He who died for sins opens wide the gates of Paradise to all who believe in him. Soon the struggle will end, and the victory will be won. Soon we will see the one on which all our hopes have been focused. In his presence, the trials and sufferings of this life will then seem very insignificant to us. .
    “You will no longer remember the past things, they will not come to mind.” “So do not give up your self-confidence, which is attached to a great reward. For you need perseverance, so that after having accomplished the will of God, you may obtain what is promised to you. A little longer, a little while: he who is to come will come, and he will not delay. ” “It is through the Lord that Israel obtains salvation, eternal salvation; you will not be ashamed or confused, even into eternity. ” Isaiah 65:17; Hebrews 10: 35-37; Isaiah 45:17. Look up! Look at the top! May your faith increase continually!

God bless

http://www.pole-chretien.fr/puissance_de_la_grace.php

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily meditation

Yesterday
    The God of Israel will bring you up.
    Isaiah 52, v. 12

Security with regard to the past: “God brings back what is past” (Ecclesiastes 3, v. 15). At the end of the year we like to look earnestly to the future, to all the graces God has in store for us, and yet anxiety is quick to reappear when we recall the past. Our present joy can be clouded by the memory of our past sins and mistakes. But God is also the God of the past, and if he allows us to remember him, it is to draw some lesson from it to guard us against a false security in the present.

Security for tomorrow: “For the Lord will go before you.” God assures us that he keeps us better than we could ourselves. He will make sure that we do not fall into a trap because he is our protector. The hand of God goes into the past, to unload our conscience and free us from all worry.

Safety for today: “Don’t rush out.” As we enter the new year, let us not rush to enjoy the future with carelessness and lightness. Rather, let us move forward with this calm confidence that the God of Israel walks before us! Without doubt, there are irreparable things in our past, lost opportunities that we will never find again. But God can turn our negative sadness into constructive thinking for the future. Let the past sleep, but let it sleep in the arms of Christ!

Leave the worry of the irreparable past in the hands of God and move forward with him towards the irresistible future.

Friday December 31, 2021, Tout Pour Qu’Il Règne is a collection of biblical meditations by Oswald Chambers.

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Let’s read and pray
    Psalm 37
    GOD WILL ACT  

Pss.37
    [1] Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
    [2] For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
    [3] Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
    [4] Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
    [5] Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
    [6] And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
    [7] Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
    [8] Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
    [9] For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
    [10] For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
    [11] But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
    [12] The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
    [13] The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
    [14] The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
    [15] Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.
    [16] A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.
    [17] For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.
    [18] The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
    [19] They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
    [20] But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
    [21] The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
    [22] For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
    [23] The steps of a good man are ordered by theLORD: and he delighteth in his way.
    [24] Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
    [25] I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
    [26] He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.
    [27] Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.
    [28] For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
    [29] The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
    [30] The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
    [31] The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
    [32] The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
    [33] The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
    [34] Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
    [35] I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.
    [36] Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
    [37] Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
    [38] But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.
    [39] But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.
    [40] And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

GOD BLESS

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

GOD IS LOVE

God is love; and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. (1 John 4:16)

” God is love. His nature, his laws, his ways, everything in him is love. As he is, as he was, as he will be. In one “who sits on an eternal throne”, who “dwells in a high and holy dwelling”, “there is no variation nor shadow of change” (Isaiah 57.15; Habakkuk 3.6; James 1.17.)

Each manifestation of his creative power is the expression of infinite love. To all beings, the sovereignty of God ensures boundless benefits …

The story of the great conflict between good and evil, from the day it broke out in heaven until the final repression of revolt and the total extinction of sin, is only a demonstration of the unalterable love of God.

The Master of the universe is not the only one in the accomplishment of his great work. He is assisted there by a being capable of appreciating his designs and of sharing the joy he finds in the happiness of his creatures. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. She was in the beginning with God ”. Christ, the Word, the Only Begotten of God, is one with the Eternal Father: one in nature, one in character, one in purpose. He is the only being who can enter into all of her advice and share all of her thoughts …

It is through his Son that God created all heavenly beings. “It is in him that everything was created, … thrones, dominions, authorities, powers: everything was created by him and for him. »Ministers of God, the angels, all resplendent with the light of his presence, soar, with rapid flight, to carry out his will. But he who is above them all, the Son, the Anointed of the Lord, “the radiance of his glory”, “the imprint of his person”, exercises the supreme command …

At the basis of the government of God is a just law, a law of love, a sublime law ensuring the happiness of all responsible beings who bow with joy before his injunctions. From his creatures, God asks for an intelligent submission made of love, trust and admiration. Unable to accept forced obedience, he grants them complete freedom, an essential condition for voluntary service.

(Ellen G. White – Patriarchs and Prophets, pages 9-11.)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account