Daily Devotions

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,123 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

A glimpse of the kingdom of heaven
    Six days later, Jesus took Peter, James, and John, his brother, with him, and led them aside to a high mountain. He was transfigured before them; her face shone like the sun, and her clothes turned white like the light.
    Matthew 17: 1, 2.

Evening is approaching when Jesus calls three of his disciples, Peter, James and John, to him, and leads them across fields, by a steep path, to the lonely side of a mountain. …
    Having moved away a little, the Man of Sorrows pours out his pleas with loud cries and tears. He asks for the strength to endure the ordeal on behalf of humanity. … He also expresses his desires on behalf of his disciples, asking that their faith not fail in the hour of the power of darkness. …
    The actual object of Christ’s request is that they be granted a manifestation of the glory which he had with the Father before the world was, his kingdom was revealed to human eyes, and his disciples be established by this view. He asks that they be able to witness a manifestation of his divinity that will sustain them in the hour of his supreme agony by bringing them the certainty that he is the Son of God and that his ignominious death is part of the plan of redemption. …
    His prayer is heard. As he kneels alone on the rocky ground, the heavens suddenly open over the golden gates of the city of God; a holy splendor envelops the mountain, illuminating the Savior. From within, the divinity bursts forth through humanity and joins the glory which comes from above. The prostrate Christ suddenly rises in divine majesty. The agony of his soul has ceased. Her face now shines like the sun and her clothes are the whiteness of light. …
    The disciples are awake and contemplate the glory flooding the mountain. Seized with awe and astonishment, they admired the luminous form of their Master. … Two celestial beings are there, conversing in an intimate way with him. It was Moses, who once spoke with God at Sinai; and it was Elijah, who had the almost unique privilege of not going through death. … The future kingdom of glory was shown in miniature on the mountain: Christ the King, Moses the representative of the resurrected saints, Elijah that of the transformed saints.

Saturday December 04, 2021, Power of Grace is a collection of biblical meditations by Ellen G. White.

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

WILL NON-CHRISTIANS WHO LIVE A GOOD LIFE RECEIVE LESS PUNISHMENT OR POSSIBLY BE SAVED?

The Bible is clear that everyone is rewarded according to what they’ve done: “I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work” (Revelation 22:12). Jesus also seems to suggest that there will be varying degrees of punishment for the wicked. In Luke 12:48, He adds, “Everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.” So someone who knows God’s will and does wrong is going to be more culpable than someone who is sinful but didn’t know as much.

If everybody burns in hellfire forever, then everyone gets the same punishment. But that’s not what the Bible teaches. According to Jesus, people receive different consequences. Some poor souls raised in total ignorance of right and wrong might simply be as though they were never born. Some may be burnt up quickly. People are going to suffer on judgment day, but the Bible tells us a time is coming when there is no more suffering, when all the former things are passed away (see Revelation 21:4, 5).

Scripture plainly tells us that we need Jesus in order to be saved. “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). No one else can save us.

Living a “good” life won’t save us either. “No one is good but One, that is, God” (Matthew 19:17). However, there are people who never had the chance to hear about Christ or the Bible. If they followed the light God gave them through His Spirit and turned away from wrong, I imagine God could choose to save them. “Many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 8:11).
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. Luke 12:47-48

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…….I believe God is able to change the Heart and renew the mind of all his human creation,, so there is hope in him for salvation of all. IMO

But that was a good post brother.

peace and love to you and yours Berean………gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You: …….I believe God is able to change the Heart and renew the mind of all his human creation,, so there is hope in him for salvation of all. IMO

That’s not only your opinion Gene, in actual fact God made it clear in the scriptures hereunder, but God respects us and unless we ourselves repent and ask forgiveness and deliberately, as our parents did when they rejected God’s will, thus  reject this world and our will, and do God’s will, salvation is not possible.

Ezekiel 36:26 And I will give you a new heart, and put a new spirit within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. 

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and will put a new spirit in their bowels: and I will take away the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh:

The truth Gene is that God already did the above when Jesus died on the cross and 

RESURRECTED WITH THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE ALL EMBODIED IN HIM!

HE GAVE US HIS BODY,

AS HE ASSERTED IN THE LAST SUPPER WHEN HE SAID

TAKE AND EAT, THIS IS MY BODY

WHICH IS GIVEN FOR YOU….

AND HE PRESENTED US  NEW CREATION PURIFIED IN HIS DIVINE UNIQUE FLESH AS SONS OF GOD TO THE FATHER!

2 Corinthians 5: 17 If then any be in Christ a

NEW CREATURE,

the old things are passed away,

behold all things are made new. 

Also in

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be THE God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy hath REGENERATED US unto a lively hope, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4Unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that can not fade,

reserved in heaven for you,

5Who, by the power of God, are kept by faith unto salvation, ready to be revealed in the last time.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

FAST ON FOOT

AN AMAZING FACT: What can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in three seconds? I’m not describing a car but an animal. The cheetah is the fastest land animal on Earth and has been clocked at speeds up to 75 mph in short bursts. This large cat lives in most of Africa and parts of the Middle East. It measures 30 inches tall at the shoulder and weighs between 110 and 140 pounds. The cheetah lives about 10-15 years and loves the open plains, where it mostly hunts for antelope.
    We think of lions as majestic and leopards as ferocious, but the lean cheetah is elegant and graceful. It’s been referred to as the “greyhound” of cats. It is smaller than its bigger cat sisters, but much faster. A cheetah is aerodynamically built for speed. It has long, slim, muscular legs that can spring instantly into action. A small, rounded head, long neck, deep chest, and flexible spine help as well. Interestingly, it has non-retractable claws (sort of like cleats) and special pads on its feet for superb traction. Even its long tail (about 28 inches) gives it extra balance in chasing game.

A cheetah will stalk its prey by getting as close as possible before bursting into full speed. It relies on tall grass to camouflage itself. As it comes close it will reach out and trip the animal (usually antelope) with its front paw and then grab it by the throat. Actually, only about half the chases are successful and only last for about 20-60 seconds. The cheetah eats its kill quickly since there are other bigger carnivores that will steal its food.

The Bible tells how King Saul chased David into the wilderness, seeking to destroy him. He writes, “When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell” (Psalm 27:2). Satan seeks to trip us while pursuing us, but like David, we can be confident in God’s protection. The primary focus of this Psalm is finding refuge in the sanctuary. We too can find safety in the tabernacle of God when being chased by the devil. No matter how fast he runs, we will quickly find help in our time of need.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you. Joshua 23:10

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

DID JESUS USE HIS DIVINE POWER TO ONLY DO GOOD THINGS FOR OTHERS? 

Absolutely. When you carefully study all of the stories about Jesus written in the Gospels, His life was one of continuous service to others. Everything Christ did was to glorify God and help others. You see this in His teaching and acts of healing.

However, it is important to keep the following in mind: The power that Christ used in His work is also available to usHis people.

Jesus said, “He who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father” (John 14:12). 

Just as Christ raised the dead, so also His apostles raised the dead. Jesus taught and healed. The book of Acts records that His disciples did the same. And so may we.

Christ never used His supernatural power for any selfish reasons. He could have used His power to save Himself. He could have refreshed Himself from sleepiness while in the boat, but He chose to remain tired. He could have used His power while He was thirsting on the cross, but He had a greater mission than Himself.

Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness to use His divine power to satisfy His agonizing hunger. The devil knew that Jesus had the power to work that miracle. He tried to provoke Christ to draw on His divinity for relief.

Why would that have been such a triumph for Satan? He could have used that to sustain his charges that God required an obedience that no human could produce. If Jesus had failed to overcome the tempter with the same nature we have, and by the same means available to us, the devil would have proven that obedience is an impossible requirement. Satan understood that Jesus could not use His divine power to save Himself and to save man at the same time. This is what made the test such a severe and agonizing experience for Christ.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean, tying Jesus to our owing identity with him is good brother,  that the whole reason for Jesus’ life on this earth, was to show us all how to have the,  exact same relationship with the Father as he had and has., Very good post brother.  We are to connect with Jesus as a human being , not move him away from our personal identity with him,  as false teachers do, by trying to make him appear as a God , but as Scripture clearly says,  “he is the first born of ,  “MANY BRETHREN” .  In the  household of God, whose household we are.

peace and love to you and yours Berean………gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

AN AMAZING FACT: Henry Ford’s mansion, named “Fair Lane,” still stands in Dearborn, Michigan, filled with elaborately carved woodwork and technical wonders as an example of this unique man’s innovation. For its location, Ford chose 1,300 beautiful acres overlooking the meandering River Rouge. Fifty-six rooms spread over three floors for a total of 31,000 square feet. Eight grand fireplaces stood ready to warm the inhabitants. The impression throughout is still that of magnificent design, exquisite taste, and perfect workmanship.
    Constructing and furnishing this exceptional house cost about $2 million back in 1915, when a loaf of bread cost a nickel. The estate also included a summer house, manmade lake, boat house, staff cottages, gatehouse, pony barn, skating house, greenhouse, root cellar, vegetable garden, thousand-plant flower garden, ten thousand-plant rose garden, a maple sugar shack, “Santa’s Workshop” for Christmas celebrations, working farm built to the scale of Ford’s grandchildren, agricultural research facilities, and 500 birdhouses to satisfy Mr. Ford’s interest in ornithology.

Determined to be independent of public utilities, he built his own power plant connected to the home by a 300-foot tunnel. Turbines fed electricity to the entire estate, with 550 switches providing light and power at the flick of a finger. There was even extra power to sell back to the utility company.

However, in April 1947, when torrential rains lashed the Detroit area, the River Rouge went on a rampage. It smothered the fire under the powerhouse boilers and caused the electricity to fail for the only time in over 30 years. Paradoxically, that was the night Henry Ford lay dying in his bedroom. Though surrounded by engineering marvels, he left the world as he had entered it 87 years earlier—in a cold house lit by candles, and only two miles from the farm where he was born.

When Jesus died outside Jerusalem, four miles from the place of His birth, the sky went dark, the veil in the temple was ripped from top to bottom, and there was a rock-splitting earthquake. Though the Son of God was surrounded by legions of angels who could have instantly carried Him to safety, Jesus chose to die on this cold, dark planet so that we may choose to live in His kingdom of light.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. Matthew 27:45And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; Matthew 27:51  

God bless

https://www.amazingfacts.org/bible-study/daily-devotional

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

HOW WERE THE BOOKS OF THE BIBLE CHOSEN
    The Bible is made up of 66 books, written by approximately 40 authors over a period of 1,500 years.

The word “canon” means “measuring rod,” and it’s the word that describes the standard version of Scriptures we have today. The careful process of determining which books would make up the Christian Bible occurred in the early church.

The earliest indications of Old Testament canon come from the time of Ezra and Nehemiah during the Babylonian captivity (605–535 b.c.). But the process was probably not complete until sometime around 200 b.c. Deciding which books to include was done by senior priests based on general agreement that each book was authentic and divinely inspired.

The Old Testament is not greatly disputed and is generally the same for both Protestants and Jews. These writings are repeatedly affirmed and quoted at least 400 times in the New Testament by Jesus and others!

We know more about development of the New Testament. The majority of these 27 books were recognized as inspired within 50 years of the death of the apostle John. By careful, prayerful evaluation, the early church reviewed the best nominees to include. They began by choosing books that were endorsed by the apostles. For example, Peter recognized Paul’s writings as Scripture (2 Peter 3:15, 16).

The first New Testament “canon” was the Muratorian Canon, compiled in a.d. 170. It included everything but Hebrews, James, and 3 John. Then in a.d. 363, the Council of Laodicea affirmed all 27 books were to be read in the church. Later councils within the next 50 years also affirmed the same 27 books as authoritative.

The history of this process demonstrates that God’s hand was leading all along the way. The church recognized and received by faith documents that had the obvious mark of divine inspiration. An unbiased study of all the different pieces of literature from this time will affirm the clear mark of the true Word of God.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. Psalms 12:6-7

God bless

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

IF I ACCEPT CHRIST AND HIS FORGIVENESS AND THEN FALL AGAIN, WILL HE FORGIVE ME AGAIN? 

The disciple Peter once approached Christ and asked, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” (Matthew 18:21). Some believe the rabbis of his day taught forgiving others three times was sufficient and that Peter was seeking to be generous in how he asked Jesus the question. Christ’s response must have caught him off guard: “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven” (v. 22).

Most of us would lose count if we tried to remember to forgive people that many times—which is the point of Christ’s message. The idea of legalistically trying to count the number of times you should forgive a person takes away the heart of forgiveness. The apostle Paul taught, “Love suffers long” (1 Corinthians 13:4). True forgiveness doesn’t keep a tally of offenses.

To illustrate how longsuffering we should be toward others, Jesus tells Peter a story about a servant who was forgiven an enormous debt, but who then turned around and would not forgive someone else a small debt. His master heard what happened and said, “You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?” (Matthew 18:32, 33).

The point is clear: We should be just as compassionate toward others who fail as God is toward us. The way we relate to others is based on how God treats us. If Jesus says we should be willing to forgive people who have fallen so many times that we cannot even keep track, is the heavenly Father any less compassionate when we fail?

The Bible teaches, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). God doesn’t put a number on this promise. If we humbly come to Him and genuinely repent, we can know that He hears us and forgives us.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 24:16 

God bless

Berean
    Participant

salut à tous

ROUGE ÉCARLATE 

Dévotion quotidienne 

UN FAIT ÉTONNANT : L’écarlate est une couleur rouge vif avec une teinte qui penche vers l’orange. Il est parfois utilisé comme la couleur d’une flamme mais est souvent utilisé pour décrire la couleur du sang d’une personne vivante. La première utilisation du mot dans la langue anglaise pour décrire une couleur date de 1250. L’
    écarlate est une couleur populaire. Il est utilisé dans la tenue universitaire au Royaume-Uni pour les personnes titulaires d’un doctorat et les robes de premier cycle dans les anciennes universités d’Écosse. Aux États-Unis, l’écarlate est utilisé pour les bordures de la capuche et d’autres parties pour désigner un diplôme dans une certaine forme de branche de la théologie. Scarlet est également utilisé dans les uniformes militaires. Les couleurs du Corps des Marines des États-Unis sont l’écarlate et l’or. C’est la couleur officielle de l’école pour de nombreux établissements d’enseignement et la couleur officielle de dizaines d’équipes sportives.

Il a également été utilisé dans la littérature. Nous avons tous entendu parler de The Scarlett Letter et Scarlett O’Hara dans le roman Autant en emporte le vent. Scarlet est un magazine féminin au Royaume-Uni, un duo vocal, un groupe de musique américain, une entreprise de télécommunications, une équipe de rugby gallois et le nom d’une caméra. C’est même le nom d’un type d’infection streptococcique appelé « Scarlet Fever ». 

La Bible parle de la couleur écarlate (également appelée pourpre). « Alors les soldats du gouverneur emmenèrent Jésus au prétoire et rassemblèrent toute la garnison autour de lui. Et ils L’ont dépouillé et Lui ont mis une robe écarlate. Quand ils eurent tordu une couronne d’épines, ils la mirent sur sa tête, et un roseau dans sa main droite. Et ils fléchirent le genou devant lui et se moquèrent de lui, disant : ‘Salut, roi des Juifs !’ » (Matthieu 27 :27-29).

Pourquoi Christ portait-il une robe écarlate ? Isaïe nous donne la réponse lorsque les péchés d’Israël sont décrits comme « écarlate » et « pourpre ». Jésus a pris sur lui nos péchés. Il a porté nos iniquités sur ses épaules. L’écarlate est une couleur populaire – trop populaire et commune – car elle décrit notre condition pécheresse. Nous devrions être heureux que Christ portait de l’écarlate afin d’être purs. « Lave-moi, et je serai plus blanc que la neige » (Psaumes 51 : 7).
    TEXTES CLÉS DE LA BIBLIQUE
    Venez maintenant, et raisonnons ensemble, dit l’Éternel : si vos péchés sont aussi écarlates, ils deviendront blancs comme la neige ; s’ils sont rouges comme le cramoisi, ils seront comme de la laine. Esaïe 1:18 

Dieu vous protège

Berean
    Participant

AN AMAZING FACT: Scarlet is a bright red color with a hue that leans toward orange. It is sometimes used as the color of a flame but is often used to describe the color of blood from a living person. The earliest use of the word in the English language to describe a color dates to 1250.
    Scarlet is a popular color. It is used in academic dress in the United Kingdom for people awarded doctorates and the undergraduate gowns in the ancient universities of Scotland. In the United States, scarlet is used for the hood borders and other parts to denote a degree in some form of branch of theology. Scarlet is also used in military uniforms. The colors of the United States Marine Corps are scarlet and gold. It is an official school color for many educational institutions and the official color for dozens of sports teams.

It’s also been used in literature. We’ve all heard of The Scarlett Letter and Scarlett O’Hara in the novel Gone With the Wind. Scarlet is a women’s magazine in the UK, a vocal duo, an American music band, a telecommunications company, a Welsh rugby team, and the name of a camera. It’s even the name of a type of streptococcal infection called “Scarlet Fever.”

The Bible talks about the color scarlet (also called crimson). “Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus in to the Praetorium, and gathered the whole garrison around Him. And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, ‘Hail, King of the Jews!’” (Matthew 27:27–29).

Why did Christ wear a robe of scarlet? Isaiah gives us the answer when Israel’s sins are described as “scarlet” and “crimson.” Jesus took upon Himself our sins. He carried our iniquities on His shoulders. Scarlet is a popular color—too popular and common—because it describes our sinful condition. We should be glad Christ wore scarlet that we may be clean. “Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow” (Psalms 51:7).
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Berean, tying Jesus to our owing identity with him is good brother,  that the whole reason for Jesus’ life on this earth, was to show us all how to have the,  

exact same relationship with the Father as he had and has.,

Me: NOW Gene , YOUR HEADACHE IS TO DISCOVER HOW THIS EXACT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER IS ACHIEVED, AND IN THE SAME TIME YOU REJECT SCRIPTURE WHICH EMPHATICALLY REVEALS 

JESUS’ PHYSICAL FATHERHOOD and GODHOOD ONE WITH THE SPIRITUAL FATHER AND GOD!

John10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE!

THE ONLY PERFECT UNIQUE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MEN, AND WITHOUT JESUS NO RELATIONSHIP IS POSSIBLE FOR HUMANITY!

NO JESUS NO FATHER 

NO FATHER NO JESUS!

NOW TRY TO DEVIATE THE TRUTH FROM THESE SCRIPTURES WHICH ASSERT WHAT I SAID ABOVE!

John14:6Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

7If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also:

and from henceforth you shall know him, and you have seen him.

John15:5 I am the vine; you the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him,

the same beareth much fruit:

for without me you can do nothing. 

6If any one abide not in me, he shall be cast forth as a branch, and shall wither, and they shall gather him up, and

cast him into the fire, and he burneth. 

7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you,

you shall ask (ME) whatever you will,

and it shall be done unto you.

8In this is my Father glorified;

that you bring forth very much fruit, and become my disciples.

John16:14 He shall glorify me;

because he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it to you. 

15All things whatsoever the Father hath, are mine.

Therefore I said, that he shall receive of mine, and shew it to you.

25These things I have spoken to you in proverbs. The hour cometh, when I will no more speak to you in proverbs,

but will shew you plainly of the Father. 

26In that day

you shall ask in my name; and I say not to you,

that I will ask the Father for you: 

27For the Father himself loveth you,

because you have loved me,

and have believed that I came out from God. 

28I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world:

again I leave the world, and I go to the Father.

John17:5And now glorify thou me, O Father,

with thyself, 

ME: AS MUCH AS THE FATHER IS BOTH  FATHER AND GOD OF THE SPIRITS,

JESUS IS BOTH FATHER AND GOD OF THE HUMAN RACE, John17:1,2 John 20:17

THE PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT OF GOD BEFORE THE WORLD WAS 

with the glory which I had, before the world was,

with thee.

John17:10 And all my things (JESUS’ UNIQUE MANHOOD) are thine, (GODMAN) 

and thine (THE FATHER’S UNIQUE GODHOOD) are mine; (MANGOD)

and I am glorified in them. 

BOTH FATHER AND GOD OF THE HUMAN RACE!

John17:22 And the glory which THOU HAST GIVEN ME,

I have given to them;

that they may be one, as we also are one:

23I in them, and thou in me;

Gene, ONLY JESUS IS IN US, and 

ONLY  IN JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER!

that they may be made perfect in one:

JESUS CHRIST MR. Gene! Isiah 9:6

and the world may know that thou hast sent me,

and hast loved them,

as thou hast also loved ME. 

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

SHOUT TO THE LORD

AN AMAZING FACT: The world’s loudest shout belongs to a Northern Ireland grade school teacher. Annalisa Flanagan from Comber had something to shout about when her sensational voice was re-entered into the Guinness Book of Records as the loudest in the world. She’s held the record for a decade with a shout that measured at 121 decibels, the equivalent of a jet engine. The word Annalisa shouted when she broke the world record was: “Quiet!”
    Excessive shouting can damage your vocal cords. The strain can cause vocal cord nodules, and misusing your voice by screaming is unwise. Singers know how important it is to warm up their voices and use their diaphragms if they are going to sing loudly. Screaming is actually a vocal technique popular in heavy metal, punk, and hard rock music.

The Bible speaks of God’s people shouting. “Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth; break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises” (Psalm 98:4). We can conclude from this passage that there is an appropriate time and place to lift up your voice loudly in praise to God. It is to be marked with a focus on praising God, being joyful and singing—not screaming or drawing attention to yourself. Worship in song was never meant to be wild and uncontrolled. Shouting to the Lord is marked by focus, purpose, and deep appreciation for God’s salvation (Psalm 95:1).

God will also one day shout. Paul explains this event of the second coming: “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (1 Thessalonians 4:16). Sometimes we are too bland and quiet in our prayers and praises to God. There are appropriate times to be earnest and fervent in calling to the Lord. But we must remember that loudness does not make our praises more acceptable to God.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen; Luke 19:37 

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel……They are not one in “being”  , but one in “agreement” ,   that’s  the same as we can be with the Father also, and Jesus,   if we learn to love the Father as our “first love”, and Jesus our brother,  and each other, as our “second loves”.  Exactly as Jesus our brother does.

Rev 2;4,   Is all of you TRINITARIANS DOWN FALL.  YOU HAVE ALL LEFT YOUR “FIRST LOVE” , and will suffer the results of it , unless you REPENT. 

Peace and love to you and yours Carmel…………gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Carmel……They are not one in “being”  ,
    ME: Gene, I REPEAT AGAIN  SCRIPTURE IN

PLAIN CLEAR ENGLISH BLACK ON WHITE READ:

YOUR HEADACHE IS TO DISCOVER HOW THIS EXACT RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FATHER IS ACHIEVED AND AT THE SAME TIME

YOU REJECT SCRIPTURE WHICH EMPHATICALLY REVEALS

JESUS’ PHYSICAL FATHERHOOD and GODHOOD ONE WITH

THE SPIRITUAL FATHER AND GOD!

John10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE!
    ANSWER Gene: ARE YOU READY TO ACCEPT THE PURE TRUTH THAT

GOD THE FATHER WAS /IS ETERNALLY 

ONE MYSTERIOUS SUBSTANCE AND DISTINCT SPIRIT BEING EMBODIED PHYSICALLY IN JESUS CHRIST EVEN BEFORE THE WORLD WAS?

John17:5 And now glorify thou me, O Father,
    WITH THYSELF,

ME: Gene, AS MUCH AS THE FATHER IS BOTH  FATHER AND GOD OF THE SPIRITS,

JESUS IS BOTH FATHER AND GOD OF THE PHYSICAL HUMAN RACE,

OUR  GOD
    OUR FATHER and 
    OUR JUDGE! John17:1,2 John 20:17

JESUS IS THE FIRST AND THE BEGINNING OF HIS OWN KINGDOM, THE KINGDOM OF GOD,

ONE SUBSTANCE BOTH SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL AT THE SAME TIME!

JESUS IS ETERNALLY THE PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT OF GOD EVEN BEFORE THE WORLD WAS  well asserted hereunder:

John17:5 ….with the glory which I had, before the world was,
    WITH YOU.
    Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD corporeally;

THE EMBODIMENT OF GOD!

GET THIS INTO YOUR CARNAL-MINDED MENTALITY THAT

JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY PHYSICAL BODY OF 
    GOD ALMIGHTY who is only A SPIRIT! Read:

John4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true adorers shall adore the Father 

in SPIRIT and in TRUTH.
    For the Father also seeketh such to adore him.

Who is spirit, Mr. Gene?

GOD ALMIGHTY NO? 

Who is truth, Mr. Gene?

JESUS CHRIST NO?

WHY JESUS IS TRUTH, OBVIOUS BECAUSE HE IS
    THE ONLY VISIBLE AND PHYSICAL GOD ON THIS PLANET!

1 John5:20And we know that the Son of God is come: and he hath given us understanding that we may know the true God,

and may be in his true Son.
    This is the true God and life eternal.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth

ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD corporeally;

DURING HIS LIFE ON EARTH JESUS HAD TWO FULL NATURES, GOD AND MAN!

AFTER HE DIED, FOR THE SAKE OF TRUTH AND GOD THE FATHER, PRECISELY

ON HIS DEATH John13:31-32, THROUGH DEATH ITSELF, GOD ANOINTED HIM AND INTEGRATED JESUS’ TWO NATURES INTO

ONE BEING FULLY GOD FULLY MAN!

THE HIGHEST!

AGAIN FOR THE GLORY OF THE FATHER AS THE FATHER COULD NOT DIE!

HENCE, ONLY A DIVINE ENTITY IN PLACE OF THE FATHER AND IN EXCHANGE FOR THE HUMAN RACE COULD REDEEM HUMANITY! Well clear in

Psalm 49: 7No brother can redeem, nor shall man redeem:

he shall not give to God his ransom,

THUS, FOR THE HUMAN RACE NO JESUS NO GOD ON THIS PLANET UP TO THIS DAY!

BY WHICH PROCESS THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE RECEIVED REDEMPTION SIMPLY AS JESUS, A UNIQUE HUMAN BEING,

NOT OF THIS WORLD! 
    WAS INNOCENTLY KILLED!

HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FALL OF ADAM!

THUS AS A RECOMPENSE, JESUS HAD THE RIGHT TO PREACH HIS GOSPEL IN HELL, AND ALL THOSE WHO ACCEPTED JESUS’ GOSPEL WERE TAKEN TO HEAVEN! 1Peter 1:3

PLUS THAT JESUS, “THE WORD” AS A SPIRIT  AND TRUTH, OFFICIALLY WAS JUSTIFIED AS

THE SOLE PROPRIETOR OF THE HUMAN RACE FROM CONCEPTION AT ALL COSTS! BY WHICH TASK JESUS REMOVED SATAN, AND RESTORED HIS PROCEDURE IN THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF THE WORLD, Mark 21:19, LOST ON ADAM’S SIN WITH CAIN AS THE FIRSTBORN SON OF THE DEVIL THROUGH SEX, SATAN’S ASSET!

Well clear in

John 1:9 That was the true light,

which enlighteneth EVERY man
    that cometh into this world.

And again in John 8:35 Now the servant abideth not in the house for ever; but the son abideth for ever.
    36If therefore the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

Also, thou camouflaged in Luke 17:34 I say to you: in that night there shall be TWO MEN in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35 TWO WOMEN shall be grinding together: the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left: TWO MEN shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

Now read this:

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ, (THE ANOINTED GODMAN) is born of God.

John1:12 BUT AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM,(JESUS THE ANOINTED GODMAN)

HE gave them POWER to be made the sons of God,

to them that believe in his name. 13Who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man,

but of God.

SPIRITUALLY IN CHRIST!

OK Gene, YOU EITHER BELIEVE AND ACCEPT THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST, GODMAN ON EARTH, OR ELSE

YOU ARE NOT BORN OF GOD, NEVER MIND BE A SON OF GOD, OR GOD ALMIGHTY IS YOUR FATHER!

NO JESUS THE TRUTH PHYSICALLY GOD AND FATHER, NO SPIRITUALLY GOD AND FATHER! 
    SO READ AGAIN JESUS OWN DECLARATION PLEASE AND ACCEPT THE TRUTH:

24God is a spirit;
    and they that adore him, must adore him

in spirit and
    in truth. 

BOTH IN ONE BEING THE CHRIST JESUS!

John17:10 And all my things (JESUS’ UNIQUE MANHOOD) are thine, (GODMAN)

and thine (THE FATHER’S UNIQUE GODHOOD) are mine; (MANGOD)

and I AM glorified in them. 

ONE BEING JESUS CHRIST

BOTH SPIRIT AND FLESH

BOTH GOD AND MAN

BOTH FATHER AND GOD OF THE HUMAN RACE!
    Well asserted in

2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be

THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,

the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort.

TILL THE LAST DAY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!

WHEN GOD ALMIGHTY RECEIVES FROM JESUS THE  BODY OF JESUS CHRIST AS HIS

ONE BEING, and HE WILL BE ALL IN ALL IN

JESUS CHRIST!

THE FATHER OF THE NEW WORLD TO COME!

Now let’s read

John14:7 If you had known me, you would without doubt have known my Father also:

EXPLAIN Gene, HOW PHILIP SHOULD HAVE KNOWN JESUS!

and from henceforth you shall know him, and

you have seen him.

AS SOON AS YOU ACCEPT JESUS’ OWN WORDS ABOVE, AS YOUR GOD AND FATHER, YOU ALSO SEE GOD ALMIGHTY WHEN YOU DIE

WHEN YOU FACE JESUS.

8Philip saith to him: Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. 9Jesus saith to him: Have I been so long a time with you; and have you not known me? Philip,

he that seeth me seeth the Father also.
    How sayest thou, Show us the Father?

10Do you not believe, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

DO YOU BELIEVE Gene, that

GOD ALMIGHTY IS IN JESUS AND JESUS IS IN GOD ALMIGHTY?

ONE BEING!!!

The words that I speak to you, I speak not of myself.

But the Father who abideth in me, he doth the works.
    11Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?

ATTENTION Gene:

12Otherwise believe for the very works’ sake. 

GOT IT, Gene?  NO, YOU DON’T I’M AFRAID!

GOD THE FATHER SPIRITUALLY WITHIN THE ONE BEING JESUS,  DOES HIS WORK FOR SURE, BUT UNLESS

IT IS MANIFESTED BY

THE TRUTH JESUS PHYSICALLY ON THIS PLANET,

THERE’S NO GOD ON THIS PLANET!

Ezekiel 28: 22And shalt say: Thus saith the Lord God: Behold I come against thee, Sidon,

and I will be glorified in the midst of thee:
    and they shall know that I am the Lord,
    when I shall execute judgments in her,

and shall be sanctified in her.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Carmel…….Jesus is called the “Son of God”,   He told me not to call “any man on earth  “my father” , but one is your Father who is in heaven .  So it appears me and Jesus Have the same Father, so I can also Call God,  my Father, and that makes me exactly like Jesus,  a “Son of God”.   Why ? “Scripture says that, “ONE” God may be “in” all, and through “all”.   JESUS ALSO SAID THIS, ” I AM GOING TO ‘MY’ GOD,  “AND” YOUR GOD, ‘MY’ FATHER, “AND” YOUR FATHER.   You haven’t even began to even unravel that problem you have yet , not to mention all the rest of you scriptural problems.

So again tell us how does that make The “man” Jesus our, God ‘and’ Father? , ACCORDING TO JESUS WE HAVE THE EXACT SAME GOD AND FATHER, AS HE HAS. He also told us to pray in this manor, “OUR” Father who art in heaven, holy be ‘THY’ name, ‘THY’ kingdom come,  ‘Thy’ will be done, in earth as in heaven”.    Did you see any “My kingdom come, or My will be done  on earth as it is done in heaven there?

Now let’s be honest Carmel , you ‘REALLY’ do not truly believe what Jesus actually says do you? , or you would understand him and what he said right?

Satan loves all you people who try to make Jesus appear different then the rest of his human brothers and sisters . You are his children, and he loves that you preach his doctrines “OF SEPARATION “.  Nothing could make him more happier,  then his children preaching his doctrines of “separation” .
    He loves, his “TRINITARIAN ” children.  Well at least your not alone Carmel about 90% of all Christendom is like you.

peace and love to you and yours Carmel……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

PURE WINE 

AN AMAZING FACT: In 1869, Dr. Thomas Bramwell Welch, a physician and dentist by profession, successfully pasteurized Concord grape juice to produce an “unfermented sacramental wine” for fellow parishioners at his church in Vineland, New Jersey.
    He was inspired to do this after a visitor became drunk and unruly following a communion service in which fermented wine was used. Since antiquity, there have been several methods of preserving wine from fermenting, but they always sacrificed much in the way of taste. Dr. Welch’s process preserved both. Today, Welch’s Grape Juice is an international food company.

Alcohol consumption is a national problem in America. It destroys people’s ability to think clearly and act properly. Tests show that after drinking three bottles of beer, there is an average of 13 percent net memory loss. After taking only small quantities of alcohol, trained typists were tested and their errors increased 40 percent. Only one ounce of alcohol increases the time required to make a decision by nearly 10 percent, hinders muscular reaction by 17 percent, and increases errors due to lack of attention by 35 to 60 percent.

Using the illustration of grapes, Jesus said, “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit” (John 15:1, 2). When we do not abide in Christ, the fruit that we bear is permeated with sin. Like fermented grape juice, the results of a life without Jesus are impure, broken, and impaired. Unless we are connected to Christ, we will not bear good fruit. Unless we abide in Jesus, we will be cut off.

Spend time with the Lord every day. Press the Word against your heart. Talk to God in prayer. And let the pure spiritual “wine” flow, unfermented by sin, out of your life to bless others.
    KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants’ sakes, that I may not destroy them all. Isaiah 65:8 

GOD BLESS

Berean
    Participant

Hi to all

Daily Devotional

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT JESUS? 

The apostle Paul dealt with this question when writing to the church at Rome. In speaking of the light of the law as clearly given in the Old Testament, he says, “For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law” (Romans 2:12). In other words, we will be judged by the light we are given.

Then Paul goes on somewhat of a tangent to discuss the deeper purpose of the law and how even the Gentiles have been given some light. “For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness” (vv. 13–15). So even if the small impulse to do good is planted in the heart of every person, and such a person responds to this divine light, they are keeping the law because “love is the fulfillment of the law” (13:10).
    In the same way that every person has physical life because of the power of Christ, so also does each person have spiritual light, a perception of what is right. That divine light might not be very bright and that desire to do good can be snuffed out by evil choices, yet it has been given in some measure to every person.

Earlier Paul explains that “since the creation of the world [God’s] invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse” (Romans 1:20). Each person is given some capability to see and understand God through nature and through the mind. Though limited, it is sufficient to provide a stepping-stone toward the Creator.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
    That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.”
    John 1:9 

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Hi Gene,

YOU: Carmel…….Jesus is called the “Son of God”,  

ME: Gene, by the look of it, you don’t believe that Jesus is THE SON OF GOD!

John1:34 And I saw, and I gave testimony, that this is the Son of God.

John10:36 Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God? 

Matthew 27:43 He trusted in God; let him now deliver him if he will have him; for he said:

I am the Son of God.

YOU: He told me not to call “any man on earth  “my father” ,

but one is your Father who is in heaven .  

ME: Gene, FIRST AND FOREMOST, JESUS DIDN’T SAY THOSE WORDS TO YOU OR TO AN ORDINARY HUMAN BEING AT ALL, JESUS WAS TALKING TO HIS DISCIPLES PARTICULARLY CHOSEN BY HIM OUT OF THE WORLD!

ME: Luke 20:38 For he is not the God of the dead, but of the living: for all live to him.

FROM THE ABOVE WE ARE CERTAIN THAT GOD THE FATHER IS OF THE LIVING NOT OF THE DEAD  ORDINARY HUMAN BEINGS!

Luke 9:59 But he said to another: Follow me. And he said: Lord, suffer me first to go, and to bury my father.60 And Jesus said to him: Let the dead bury their dead:

but go thou, and preach the kingdom of God.

Gene, as you can read Jesus in the above confirmed that ORDINARY HUMAN BEINGS ARE NOT ALIVE BUT DEAD! THE FACT THAT JESUS CHOSE HIMSELF AS HIS DISCIPLES TO PREACH HIS GOSPEL AND GOD’S KINGDOM ON EARTH!

John8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will do…..

In the above, Jesus confirmed that DEAD ORDINARY HUMAN BEINGS WHILE ON EARTH, HAVE THE DEVIL AS THEIR FATHER. THE FACT THAT JESUS MADE IT CLEAR TO HIS DISCIPLES NOT TO CALL ANYONE THEIR FATHER ON EARTH, AT LEAST TILL JESUS’ REDEMPTION. Well clear in

John12:32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth,

will draw all things to myself.

YOU: So it appears me and Jesus Have the same Father, so I can also Call God,  my Father, and that makes me exactly like Jesus,  a “Son of God”.

ME: NO Gene, FIRST AND FOREMOST

IT IS NOT SOMETHING AUTOMATIC TO BE A SON OF GOD!

THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE IS NOT AUTOMATICALLY SONS OF GOD!

ACCORDING TO JESUS AND ALSO TO SCRIPTURE  ABOVE YOU AND JESUS HAVE NOT THE SAME FATHER. SINCE YOU ARE A DEAD HUMAN BEING ON EARTH!

PLUS THAT JESUS WAS NOT A DEAD HUMAN BEING ON EARTH, HE WAS NOT MORTAL, HE, AS ETERNAL LIFE ONLY OPTED TO DIE FOR OUR SAKE! READ AND DISCERN THE TRUTH

John10:17 Therefore doth the Father love me: because I lay down my life, that I may take it again. 

18No man taketh it away from me:
    but I lay it down of myself,
    and I HAVE POWER to lay it down: and I HAVE POWER to take it up again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

HUMANS Gene, have no particular power as Jesus had in order to DIE, OK?

THEY MUST DIE,

WHETHER THEY WANT IT OR NOT!
    NOW TO MORE TRUTH!

John14:6 Jesus saith to him:

I am the way, and the truth,

and the life.

No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

CAN YOU UNDERSTAND PURE CLEAR SIMPLE SCRIPTURE BLACK ON WHITE?

JESUS IS THE LIFE, AND ONLY HE GIVES LIFE TO DEAD HUMAN BEINGS!
    YOU MR. Gene A HUMAN BEING IN FLESH AND MORTAL, CANNOT HAVE GOD THE FATHER WHO IS SPIRIT AND LIFE,

AS YOUR FATHER UNLESS ACCORDING TO JESUS HIMSELF  FIRST AND FOREMOST,

YOU AS A DEAD HUMAN BEING
    CONSIDER AND ACCEPT JESUS WHO GIVES YOU LIFE AS YOUR FATHER,
    THE ONLY HUMAN BEING ALIVE AND THE ONLY

MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD WHO IS SPIRIT AND LIFE, AND HUMANS WHO ARE IN FLESH AND DEAD. THE FACT THAT JESUS “THE WORD” WAS MADE FLESH FOR THE SAKE OF THE HUMAN RACE IN ORDER TO BE THEIR GOD AND FATHER IN FLESH, ORIGINALLY THE PROPERTY OF THE DEVIL THROUGH SIN. John17:1,2. John20:17

Mathew 23;9 And call none your father upon earth; for one is your father, who is in heaven. 

NOW Gene, ANSWER PLEASE IF ACCORDING TO JESUS ABOVE,

OUR FATHER IS IN HEAVEN, AND WE ARE NOW CERTAIN THAT IN A WAY, HE IS NOT GOD THE FATHER,

WHO IS THIS FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN?
    AND ALSO THE FATHER OF THE HUMAN RACE IN GENERAL WHO ARE DEAD?

ALSO, IF JESUS IN A WAY, REFERRED TO GOD THE FATHER, IN WHAT WAY GOD THE FATHER IS THE FATHER OF THE HUMAN RACE?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 1,123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account