Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 18 2008,11:17)

Quote (gollamudi @ Dec. 18 2008,19:53)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 18 2008,18:20)
    Hi not3,
    ADAM means MAN

Jesus is the SON OF MAN

He the SON OF ADAM

Amen and Amen to that post brother Nick, Jesus is the son of Adam(man) he became son of God only by being filled with the Holy Spirit but not by any mystified way as our Sis Mandy think so. Jesus was not born immaculate as many think here. He was born with the same body as of ours therefore he was told to be tempted like us but not in a fake way.

Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

Scripture does not agree with you, nor do I.

Jesus is the result of much “mystic”ness! He is the result of one of the greatest mysteries EVER! That is one of the reasons we still speak of him, and still wonder about him. If he were just a “mere man”, his legend/mystery would have died out with him.

Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of the Almighty God that created the universe, and you and me. You bet there is something about him that is mystic. And I love it!

:)

Hi Mandy,

Jesus WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD, and people witnessed it and lived to tell about it.

That is why he is great, and why people wrote and wonder about him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    The prophecy of Zecahrias in Lk 1 was about a king who would bring political freedom to Israel.
    66And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.

” 67And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. “

King Jesus arrived to fulfill Ps2

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 19 2008,06:49)

Hi not3,
    ADAM means MAN

Jesus is the SON OF MAN

He the SON OF ADAM

Amen and Amen to that post brother Nick, Jesus is the son of Adam(man) he became son of God only by being filled with the Holy Spirit but not by any mystified way as our Sis Mandy think so. Jesus was not born immaculate as many think here. He was born with the same body as of ours therefore he was told to be tempted like us but not in a fake way.

Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

Jesus is the result of much “mystic”ness!  He is the result of one of the greatest mysteries EVER!  That is one of the reasons we still speak of him, and still wonder about him.  If he were just a “mere man”, his legend/mystery would have died out with him.

Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of the Almighty God that created the universe, and you and me.  You bet there is something about him that is mystic.  And I love it!

Hi Mandy,

Jesus WAS RAISED FROM THE DEAD, and people witnessed it and lived to tell about it.

Sis,

That too!
    Good point!
    :D

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 19 2008,11:22)

Quote (Jodi @ Dec. 19 2008,06:49)

Hi not3,
    ADAM means MAN

Jesus is the SON OF MAN

He the SON OF ADAM

Thanks and peace to you
    Adam

Jesus is the result of much “mystic”ness! He is the result of one of the greatest mysteries EVER! That is one of the reasons we still speak of him, and still wonder about him. If he were just a “mere man”, his legend/mystery would have died out with him.

Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of the Almighty God that created the universe, and you and me. You bet there is something about him that is mystic. And I love it!

Hi Mandy,

Sis,

That too!
    Good point!
    :D

Amen – He is son of adam (flesh) anointed by God with the Holy Spirit – raised from the dead by the Holy Spirit – Son of God.

No half divine/half human being.

Not3in1
    Participant

Meerkat,

If God fathered a child with a women, what would the outcome be? Merely human? Not logical, sorry.

meerkat
    Participant

Mandy,

We are told that Jesus came in the flesh

1Jn 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
    1Jn 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

G4561
    σάρξ
    sarx
    sarx
    Probably from the base of G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), that is, (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred, or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specifically) a human being (as such): – carnal (-ly, + -ly minded), flesh ([-ly]).

For me this says that Jesus when he was born, was born a human male – I do believe he was anointed with the Holy Spirit and from birth that God was with him but I do believe that he was also a totally human male, – he was like us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    2Sam7
    12And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

God was with him as his true father guiding and rebuking him.
    Later from the Jordan God was in him as Spirit.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 19 2008,18:52)
    Hi mk,
    2Sam7
    12And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

13He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

14I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

15But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

16And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

God was with him as his true father guiding and rebuking him.
    Later from the Jordan God was in him as Spirit.

Amen to that post brother Nick,
    That is what I believe not any immaculate birth of Jesus. please see this verse in rom 8:

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

If this verse is true then where is the questions of all those assumptions of Jesus birth being immaculate ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

meerkat………..Jn 4:3…..> Should read , “every Spirit that does not confess Jesus as coming in the Flesh is not of GOD , and this is the spirit of the anti-Christ.” What is the (Spirit of the anti-Christ) or intellect of Anti-Christ, the intellect that Jesus did not come (IN THE FLESH)>

He was a flesh and blood human exactly like us, who God the FATHER was with. IMO

meerkat I believe you have it right to see Jesus any other way is an intellect or Spirit of anti-Christ. This intellect is what separates Jesus from our exact identity, it allows for all kinds of speculations of who and what Jesus was, To see Jesus as separate from all humanity is to separate ourselves from his exact identity.

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    GB demands we all believe spirits are intellects.
    No scriptural basis but you must believe it.

None so far want to leave scriptural safety and follow him.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

I agree with Gene that words reveal what a person is thinking (they are physical representations of the motives and intents that are a part of a person – their intellect), and intellect is an expression of the person, your intellect is an expression and is not a separate entity from you, it is the expression of who you are. Gods Spirit is his expression

spirit=

H7307
    רוּח
    rûach
    roo'-akh
    From H7306; wind; by resemblance breath, that is,a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions): – air, anger, blast, breath, X cool, courage, mind, X quarter, X side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest, X vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).

Jesus says out of an evil heart come evil deeds and it is not what goes into a man but what comes out that defiles.

An angel is a messenger of God, it can be a spirit being, a human being or anything that God wants to use to express what he wants expressed.

angel =
    H4397
    מלאך
    mal'âk
    mal-awk'
    From an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy; a messenger; specifically of God, that is, an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher): – ambassador, angel, king, messenger.

When we are told to test the spirits – I believe we are to test what is expressed to us from whatever source, to see if it is from God. That includes seeing if it agrees with scripture, and if it agrees with Gods Spirit which is separate from the Bible.

We do not take literally the command to stone adulterers, that would be against the spirit of Gods command do not kill, and Jesus command love your enemies and love your neighbour.

So while I do agree with Gene that when we see the word spirit we need to be aware that an integral part of it means the intent, motive and expression, we can not think that spirit only means word or intellect or motive. It depends upon the context and what is actually being expressed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Matthew 12:34
    ” You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

That is not what he teaches.

He teaches that the spirit is intellect, an aspect of the mind.

Mind just gives understanding and stores knowledge but the Spirit of God is a Spirit of life and power.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 19 2008,18:48)
    Mandy,

We are told that Jesus came in the flesh

1Jn 4:2  By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
    1Jn 4:3  and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

G4561
    σάρξ
    sarx
    sarx
    Probably from the base of G4563; flesh (as stripped of the skin), that is, (strictly) the meat of an animal (as food), or (by extension) the body (as opposed to the soul (or spirit), or as the symbol of what is external, or as the means of kindred, or (by implication) human nature (with its frailties (physically or morally) and passions), or (specifically) a human being (as such): – carnal (-ly, + -ly minded), flesh ([-ly]).

For me this says that Jesus when he was born, was born a human male – I do believe he was anointed with the Holy Spirit and from birth that God was with him but I do believe that he was also a totally human male, – he was like us.

Where does it say that Jesus was “like us”?

It's a popular belief, but it is not written anywhere that I am aware of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3
    “Romans 8:3
    For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Hebrews 2:17
    Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 4:15
    For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 20 2008,04:14)
    Hi MK,
    GB demands we all believe spirits are intellects.
    No scriptural basis but you must believe it.

None so far want to leave scriptural safety and follow him.

Nick……have you lost your mind ? when did i say i demand anyone to believe anything i say. I am just expressing what i think and if that bothers you , thats to bad, I thought this was an open form not a Nick only one. It appears i as well as others may have been mistaking. You have every right to disagree with anything i or anyone else says, but we should also have a right to disagree with your interpretation of what you think scriptures say also. Some are be more advanced in understanding then you Nick. I have quoted many many scripture to back up what i was saying. If you chose to not accept scriptures that you problem not mine or anyone else's. Just deal with it OK. Or just by keeping quite you might learn something, at least you won't be showing your ignorance as much.

peace and love to you………………….gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Nick,

God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh

“likeness” is not the exact same as us.

it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren,

Yes, he had flesh and blood; he was conceived and born. The scripture goes on to hilight these things. Physically Jesus was a human male – this is not debated. He is the son of MAN.

but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

This just tells us that he was tempted like us, of course this is no proof at all that he was exactly like us in every way.

Thanks for the verses though.
    Mandy

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 20 2008,00:32)

Mandy, in view of your question, the writer of Hebrews clearly gives the answer:

(Heb 2:17)  Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Adam Pastor @ Dec. 21 2008,01:46)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 20 2008,00:32)

Mandy, in view of your question, the writer of Hebrews clearly gives the answer:

(Heb 2:17)  Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hi Adam,

Not quite.

Hebrews explains that because Jesus' brother's were “flesh and blood”, he, too, “shared” in their humanity. He was “made” like us! Meaning, he was conceived and born a human. Yes, this is true for he is the son of Man (as well as the son of God).

This chapter does not say that we are exactly like Jesus, or that Jesus is exactly like us.

It only affirms that he is the son of Man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not 3
    Are we exactly alike?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2008,06:00)
    Hi Not 3
    Are we exactly alike?

Good try.

Hebrews is referring to mankind in general, not individuals.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,161 through 1,180 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account