Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2007,23:36)
    Hi Not3,
    You say.
    “In another thread, Nick, you agreed that we do!”

Can you show me this?

Sure. It will take some time but it's on this thread.
    We were discussing literal conception and what we receive from our parents. You asked me if we received our “spirits” from our parents and I said, “Yes, or we wouldn't be alive.” You agreed, and then went on to talk about being reborn of the Spirit.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick, review pages 39 and 40 of this thread for our discussions on where we receive our spirits/or do we receive our spirits during conception. There you will find that I assert our spirits our given to us during conception, and you pose a question as if to agree (your MO), but review for your information.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You are forgiven
    but please do not quote me as making statements when I ask questions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Numbers 11:12
    Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers?

Interesting?

Psalm 2:7
    I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

When did God say this and it was heard by Jesus?

Not3in1
    Participant

The Numbers passage is Moses complaining to the LORD about the grumblers in the camp. Basically, he was saying, “Hey, LORD, they're not my kids!” Ha! But I don't see how that relates to any conception we are speaking about surrounding Jesus.

Regarding the Psalm – did Jesus ever reply? For that matter, if the preexistent Son of God is held in such esteem that everything was made through him (literally/physically), then how come the Son didn't contribute to the OT writings? Why wasn't he able to have a portion written about all his preexistent activities? I don't see any of that – only prophetic writings of his coming and promises.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Surely the verse in Ps 2 must be spoken by Jesus?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2007,17:02)
    Hi not3,
    Surely the verse in Ps 2 must be spoken by Jesus?

If so, would that be the only verse or are there others that you are aware of?

acertainchap
    Participant

It shouldn't be so hard to understand that Jesus was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick, did Jesus speak any other words in the OT?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    We know of none of the words of the sons of God from the beginning but only those of God.
    We know the sons of God rejoiced when the foundations of earth were laid.[Jb38]
    We know the sons of God have a council in the heavens.[Ps 89]

Not3in1
    Participant

Angels of the LORD speak from heaven, and yet we do not have any recorded words of the “glorious” spirit son of God?
    Messengers carried out God's work from heaven, and yet we do not have any recorded deeds of Jesus prior to his birth?

At any rate, who are we to change the meaning of conception to fit our theology. Conception is conception (with is with). :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Have you recodings of what angels speak IN HEAVEN, apart from ” Holy Holy Holy” and praises of our God.
    Conception is according to God.

Numbers 11:12
    Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers?

Not3in1
    Participant

Gab spoke to Mary!

Not3in1
    Participant

Just out of curiousity, why did you quote the Numbers passage again in your last post? The passage is Moses speaking of the children of Israel. Does it have some other meaning to you regarding the “conception” of Jesus or different type of conception?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    In that verse CONCEPTION and BEGETTAL are progressively aligned leading to INFANT care.
    It gives a different and caring perspective of the role of Father God, that is all.

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh, I see. I wondered why you quoted it again?
    As I do believe that Jesus was truly conceived and then became a baby.
    However, that is how everyone comes into being! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    What of the sons of God who were rejoicing when the foundation of earth were laid?[Jb38]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    What of the angels?

Not3in1
    Participant

They were not conceived.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    But they are not irrelevant in the community of God.

Heb 12
    ” 22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. “

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account