Bizzaro World Doctrines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 04 2011,07:18)
    That's also what I first thought when I read Ed's post, Pierre.

I was thinking of a bear that wants desperately to eat POISONED food……….and we're trying to keep that from happening.

I do agree with Ed and Wm that teasing is not the answer – and I will try to remember that in the future.

I regret to think that someone might have refused to hear the truth from me because my arrogant ways caused them to disagree with me no matter what they truly thought.

I will try to knock myself down a few notches so it doesn't become a matter of “bowing before the great Mike” in order to agree with me.

That was never my intention, but I can see how others think I come across that way.

For the record, I never intended to make people think that I thought I was smarter than anyone else.  I've never intended to rub someone's face in it when they finally see the truth I'm preaching.  I've only intended to bring what the scriptures actually say to the surface, and make those teachings easily understandable to others.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Hi Mike,

Great!   …glad you realize we are all brothers here, and your name is not Joesph. :)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

All

One more thing ,I believe that God leave it up to us to love him or not ,but in no way can we cheat or make believe that we love him,this I mean the cheating can only be done to men,
    But how can men see that he is sitting or talking with a true person ? Well this is all related to what the persons are,let's take Mike and me I like what Mike wrights to me ,that's love truth and follow truth,and sees what Mike heart is saying and so we are in a way alike in truth and we will progress in the same way with anyone who love God in the same maner,

But now take someone that has the trinity for a foundation this is a lie,because it is a composed truth not a written one,and so this person will never come to the truth unless he open his heart to the truth that God as written,it does not mater how much knowledge he can understand because it will always be a deviation of that lie,and this is why believers of lies and believers of truth are and will be all of the time separated in live and in dead,this condition is a God made thing what he calls MY PEOPLE and the others,

And you can find all what you need inside of you (ourself)look in the heart (what you stand for:God or you?)

If we take a ruler from 1 to 100 and 100 would complete  and one 1 would deficient or least,

So we the level of truth we have in us would be some thing between 1 and 100'
    So our understanding would be also equivalent to this scale,
    And the love for God also would be related to the scale,
    And our action in live would be also related to the scale,

But all the above are also related to our heart scale of truth,

I hope this is clear to some

pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Dec. 04 2011,04:26)
    Gene,
    Your correct in that it is the whole of scripture that determines truth, but it is the “hints” of the various verses that lead us to the truth in the whole. So what is your take on the scripture that Mike has asked about?

Wm

Seekingtruth………What Mike has done was take a Scripture and apply it to another completely different subject matter that was not even being discussed by the other scripture and applying it to another scripture . No “HINT” can be said to be conclusive about any truth of GOD.These “HINT” is what opens the door to all kind of speculations of different teachings.

For instance take John 1:1, by saying the Word is separate from GOD has It's roots in “HINT” of other Scriptures that give a”HINT” of there scriptures and soon we loose complete site of what is truly being said, even to the point where we don't even think that if John meant Jesus was the word, He simply would have written Jesus name there, in place of “WORD” So what do they do they go to Revelations where it say Jesus “WHO IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD, “HINT” so now the word in John (IS) Jesus. all these “HINTS” can go all kind of way, even against the “ORIGINAL TESTAMENT” direct dealing with the subject matters in question they, the “HINT” people just ignore the solid scripture written in the “ORIGINAL TESTAMENT”.

peace and love to you and yours Wm…………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 04 2011,14:18)
    That's also what I first thought when I read Ed's post, Pierre.

I was thinking of a bear that wants desperately to eat POISONED food……….and we're trying to keep that from happening.

I do agree with Ed and Wm that teasing is not the answer – and I will try to remember that in the future.

I regret to think that someone might have refused to hear the truth from me because my arrogant ways caused them to disagree with me no matter what they truly thought.

I will try to knock myself down a few notches so it doesn't become a matter of “bowing before the great Mike” in order to agree with me.

That was never my intention, but I can see how others think I come across that way.

For the record, I never intended to make people think that I thought I was smarter than anyone else.  I've never intended to rub someone's face in it when they finally see the truth I'm preaching.  I've only intended to bring what the scriptures actually say to the surface, and make those teachings easily understandable to others.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Mike

we can see the difference when you bring up your arguments it is always with the intend of making the truth coming up and do not look down on people and tell them that you are or have ;;;;;this doctorat ,or master,you have always admited that it take time to research the subjectc on hand ,this shows your interest to learn the word of God and its truth ,many here lack this they have stoped learning long ago,there heart as turned colled ,they have lost their first love for Gods study,

so I do not agree with Edj, or WM

Pierre :)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

Do you consider it 'research' to do an internet search
    to find someone's commentary that you agree with?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 04 2011,21:29)
    Hi Pierre,

God bless

EDJ

What I do not agree with was the comment you and wm did about Mike,that is all ,no more no less,

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 04 2011,16:59)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 04 2011,21:29)
    Hi Pierre,

God bless

EDJ

What I do not agree with was the comment you and wm did about Mike,that is all ,no more no less,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

OK, fair enough. :)

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

All

Scriptures tells us many things about our selves either physically or spiritual but if we do not learn any of them then that teaching from God is lost to us,then what happen when we try to learn the things of God ?this would then become our problems to understand Gods will and love,if we would not know our mother I mean the real one we would not depend so much on her,a good mother and father are a blessing but it is because we have appreciated them in our live with them and so know them,SO IT IS WITH GOD IF WE DO NOT LEARN TO KNOW HIM WE WILL NEVER LOVE HIM THE WAY HE WANTED TO BE LOVE BY US,

And this is the problem with some people on this site ,if you paid attention very carefully you can see who loves God and who not love God that much ,the rule being alway the same ,God or me first,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 03 2011,20:01)
    you have always admited that it take time to research the subjectc on hand ,this shows your interest to learn the word of God and its truth ,many here lack this they have stoped learning long ago

Thanks for the kind words, Pierre.  It is true that I will continue to research and learn more until the day I die.  And I also agree that many here have already decided what the truth is, and won't budge from their understanding no matter how many scriptures show that understanding to be flawed or lacking.

I know you are not like that, for you have openly adjusted at least two of your long-held scriptural understandings right before my very eyes.  And that is the sign of a man who is not trying just to “be right no matter what”, but of a man who is ONLY after the truth of the scriptures – even if that truth shows that he was wrong before.

You have also witnessed me adjust my understanding in the light of scriptural evidence.

Pierre, it is clear that both of us are only after the truth of scripture, even if that truth means we were wrong before.  I pray that would be the case with all of HN's members, though it doesn't always seem to be that way.  

peace and love to you my friend,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 03 2011,21:29)
    Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

Yes Ed,

It is “research” to do internet searches on the meanings of various Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic words.  Also on the secular matters of life during Biblical times.  Doing this gives added insight and knowledge.

It is also research to look into what scripturally educated men have said about certain scriptures.  That is not to say those men are always right, but looking at their views gives even more added insight………….unless you are one of those people who think you're right about it all – no matter what anyone else has to say.  :)

I am not one of those people.

terraricca
    Participant

edj

Hi Mike,

Great!   …glad you realize we are all brothers here, and your name is not Joesph.

God bless

are true brothers not alike in there hearts ,thaugths,and support for the truth in a way to bring Gods truth before their own interest so that all his true brothers will be with him (them) and be so blessed to be in the first resurrection ???

would this not mean putting the kingdom first by doing just that ???

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 05 2011,02:34)

Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

Yes Ed

Hi Mike,

Would it NOT be more prudent to find out why people,
    studying longer than you, believe differently than you;
    than looking for commentaries that believe as you do?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Ed,

Are you suggesting that I'd be better off believing YOUR commentary instead of experts like Barnes, Strong, and Clarke?

I believe the scriptures, Ed. Commentaries only add insight – much of which I reject out of hand because it contradicts the scriptures.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 05 2011,22:29)

Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

Yes Ed

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

it seems to me you rely more on men then God

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2011,08:47)
    Hi Ed,

Are you suggesting that I'd be better off believing YOUR commentary instead of experts like Barnes, Strong, and Clarke?

I believe the scriptures, Ed.  Commentaries only add insight – much of which I reject out of hand because it contradicts the scriptures.

Hi Mike,

What I'm suggesting is that you find out why those that believe differently than you believe the way they do,
    especially those who have studied for long periods of time such as myself. I hope this clarifies my point.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed,

The answer could be “They have mental problems”.  

Ed, the parts of scripture where you and I disagree are the parts where I remain adhered to the scriptures while you forego the scriptures for your own imagination.

Pierre has been studying at least as long as you have, and he and I see eye to eye on virtually everything scriptural.  Same with t8.

I think it has less to do with the amount of time spent studying, and more to do with the ability to let go of your own wishes of how you think it should be, and just let the scriptures teach you.

Ed, if you aren't even capable of reading “Spirit OF God” and concluding that the Spirit is not God Himself, but a possession OF God, then where really can we go from there?  If you've been studying for over 40 years, and still think a possession OF God is God Himself, then what good were those 40 years to you?  I figured this one out on my first time through the scriptures.

So the question for me is not why your beliefs differ from mine. The question is why your beliefs differ from what the scriptures teach.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2011,17:24)
    Ed,

Ed, the parts of scripture where you and I disagree are the parts where I remain adhered to the scriptures while you forego the scriptures for your own imagination.

Pierre has been studying at least as long as you have, and he and I see eye to eye on virtually everything scriptural.  Same with t8.

I think it has less to do with the amount of time spent studying, and more to do with the ability to let go of your own wishes of how you think it should be, and just let the scriptures teach you.

Ed, if you aren't even capable of reading “Spirit OF God” and concluding that the Spirit is not God Himself, but a possession OF God, then where really can we go from there?  If you've been studying for over 40 years, and still think a possession OF God is God Himself, then what good were those 40 years to you?  I figured this one out on my first time through the scriptures.

So the question for me is not why your beliefs differ from mine.  The question is why your beliefs differ from what the scriptures teach.

bingo

:D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 06 2011,10:03)

Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

Yes Ed

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

Pierre

PIERRE,

Are you talking about Mike, because he is the one who goes to commentaries, NOT ME?
    I instead find out why people believe the way that they do, so I can address it for them, UNDERSTANT!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 06 2011,10:24)
    Ed,

So the question for me is not why your beliefs differ from mine.  The question is why your beliefs differ from what the scriptures teach.

Spin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 06 2011,21:57)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 06 2011,10:03)

Hi Pierre,

God bless
    Ed J

Yes Ed

Hi Mike,

God bless

edj

Pierre

PIERRE,

Are you talking about Mike, because he is the one who goes to commentaries, NOT ME?
    I instead find out why people believe the way that they do, so I can address it for them, UNDERSTANT!

God bless

edj

i believe it was addressed to you

commentaries are only a point of view of men ,scriptures are the Word of God ,so more credit has to be given to the scriptures than to men's views even your own

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account