Ancient Syriac Documents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,13:53)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 15 2011,14:44)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,11:29)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2011,00:38)
    Mike,

Kathi, can you show me any SCRIPTURAL evidence, proof, or even an inkling that Satan is less than a real, bonafide god?

'
    Seriously, Mike, you think that satan is a real bonafide god now?  Wow, I'll bet your 'bonafide god' is ready to give you and the peanut gallery that follow you some party hats.  This is what happens to your bonafide god, Mike:

…and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night — to the ages of the ages. (Rev. 20:10, Young's Literal Translation.)

Does that sound like the party you want to go and take your buddies to?

There are no created gods, Mike.  All that might go by the title 'gods' did not start out as 'gods' by nature.  They exalted themselves or were exalted in the minds of others but never created to be legitimate gods by our Creator.  Everything that God created was good.

Amen Kathi

Satan is also known as an “angel of light” but we know that he can transform himself to appear as an “angel of light” not that he is an “angel of light”. To the world and the unbelievers he has blinded their minds to believe he is “a god' because Paul says he is “the god” of this world and we know that we are not of this world. To us satan is “no god” at all, oh that right that is what the Apostle Paul also said…

“There is “NO god” but one” 1 Cor 8:4

Mike hasen't realized that yet. :)

WJ

WJ

it the mixture you make of it that we do not like ,it is so unscriptural,

binni or trinity's all are on there own cloud and moving away from truth of God,

Pierre

Peirre

SHHHH! Does anyone hear that? It sounds like chatter in the wind!

Oh sorry it is just Peirre. :)

But you never answered my question.

Do you believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit?

If you do then you believe in a “trinity”.  

Now little one you should stop badgering people and go and learn what that means, and when you have something substantive to share then please come back and teach us if you can!

WJ

WJ

yes I did answer that question

I do not believe ;I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

AND I DO UNDERSTAND THAT GODS SPIRIT HIS HOLY AND TRUTH

AND THAT I WILL NOT GO TO WORK AGAINST HIS HOLY TRUE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

this is the second time i answer your question

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 15 2011,15:07)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,05:19)
    James 1 2Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
         5But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, 8being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

9But the brother of humble circumstances is to glory in his high position; 10and the rich man is to glory in his humiliation, because like flowering grass he will pass away. 11For the sun rises with a scorching wind and withers the grass; and its flower falls off and the beauty of its appearance is destroyed; so too the rich man in the midst of his pursuits will fade away.

12Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. 15Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death. 16Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. 18In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures.

19This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; 20for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. 21Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. 22But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. 23For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. 25But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

Kathi

“Because with lies you have grieved the heart of the righteous, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, and be saved alive.”

Ezekial 13:22

Because of paining the heart of the righteous with falsehood, And I have not pained it, And strengthening the hands of the wicked, So as not to turn back from his evil way, To keep him alive,

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
    Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad,…. By polluting the name of the Lord; by hunting and decoying souls into their destructive nets; and by threatening such who would not give heed to their superstitious rites, lying divinations, and false prophecies: so false teachers make the hearts of such sad, who, having seen the insufficiency of their own righteousness, trust in the righteousness of Christ, and are justified by it; by teaching such doctrines as depreciate the love and grace of God the Father; making his love dependent on the creature; his covenant conditional, and salvation to be by works, and not by grace; as detract from the person, offices, and grace of Christ; denying his deity and divine sonship; making light of his blood, and setting up man's righteousness against his: and such as are injurious to the Spirit's work; ascribing regeneration and conversion to man's free will; giving such marks and signs of grace as are not to be found in any, and representing it as what may be entirely lost:

whom I have not made sad; nor would he have them made sad by others; neither by false prophets and their lies, nor by any other means; neither by anything within them, nor anything without them; not by any or all of their spiritual enemies: he would have them comforted; the covenant of grace, and the promises of it, are made for such a purpose; the Scriptures are written for this use; ordinances are designed for this end; ministers are appointed for this work; and this is the office of the divine Spirit; and the Son of God himself was sent on this account:

and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way; by repentance and reformation; and so far were the wicked from returning from it in this way, that they were emboldened in sin, and hardened in it; and were more frequent and open in the commission of it; and that through the prophecies of these false prophetesses; as wicked men are by the doctrines of false teachers: and particularly

by promising him life; or that he should live long, and enjoy much peace and prosperity in the land of Israel, and not be carried captive into Babylon; and so false teachers harden men in sin, by giving them hopes of eternal life, though they continue in their evil ways; or upon the foot of universal redemption, and upon their repentance, as the fruit of their own free will; and therefore take their swing of sin, as believing that Christ died for all men, and so for them, and therefore shall be saved, live as they will; and that it is in their power to repent when they please, and therefore procrastinate it to the last.

This Ezekial verse is for the group here that denies the deity AND divine Sonship of Christ, they are the ones that are guilty of 'paining the righteous' that believe in the deity of Christ. They do not correct the ones that do not believe in the deity of Christ but instead attempt to fight their battles so then strengthening the hands of the wicked.

You are keeping the wicked from turning from their destruction by siding and encouraging those who do not believe in the deity and divine Sonship of Christ.

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 15 2011,15:40)

Mike,

Kathi, can you show me any SCRIPTURAL evidence, proof, or even an inkling that Satan is less than a real, bonafide god?

'
    Seriously, Mike, you think that satan is a real bonafide god now?  Wow, I'll bet your 'bonafide god' is ready to give you and the peanut gallery that follow you some party hats.  This is what happens to your bonafide god, Mike:

…and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night — to the ages of the ages. (Rev. 20:10, Young's Literal Translation.)

There are no created gods, Mike.  All that might go by the title 'gods' did not start out as 'gods' by nature.  They exalted themselves or were exalted in the minds of others but never created to be legitimate gods by our Creator.  Everything that God created was good.

Amen Kathi

Satan is also known as an “angel of light” but we know that he can transform himself to appear as an “angel of light” not that he is an “angel of light”. To the world and the unbelievers he has blinded their minds to believe he is “a god' because Paul says he is “the god” of this world and we know that we are not of this world. To us satan is “no god” at all, oh that right that is what the Apostle Paul also said…

WJ

WJ

binni or trinity's all are on there own cloud and moving away from truth of God,

Pierre

Peirre

Now little one you should stop badgering people and go and learn what that means, and when you have something substantive to share then please come back and teach us if you can!

WJ

WJ

yes I did answer that question I do not believe ;I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

Peirre does this mean you do not believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

It is just a yes or no question, there is no need to muddy it up with confusion.

WJ

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,09:51)

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 15 2011,15:07)

Lightenup,Aug. wrote:

“Because with lies you have grieved the heart of the righteous, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, and be saved alive.”

Ezekial 13:22

Because of paining the heart of the righteous with falsehood, And I have not pained it, And strengthening the hands of the wicked, So as not to turn back from his evil way, To keep him alive,

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
    Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad,…. By polluting the name of the Lord; by hunting and decoying souls into their destructive nets; and by threatening such who would not give heed to their superstitious rites, lying divinations, and false prophecies: so false teachers make the hearts of such sad, who, having seen the insufficiency of their own righteousness, trust in the righteousness of Christ, and are justified by it; by teaching such doctrines as depreciate the love and grace of God the Father; making his love dependent on the creature; his covenant conditional, and salvation to be by works, and not by grace; as detract from the person, offices, and grace of Christ; denying his deity and divine sonship; making light of his blood, and setting up man's righteousness against his: and such as are injurious to the Spirit's work; ascribing regeneration and conversion to man's free will; giving such marks and signs of grace as are not to be found in any, and representing it as what may be entirely lost:

whom I have not made sad; nor would he have them made sad by others; neither by false prophets and their lies, nor by any other means; neither by anything within them, nor anything without them; not by any or all of their spiritual enemies: he would have them comforted; the covenant of grace, and the promises of it, are made for such a purpose; the Scriptures are written for this use; ordinances are designed for this end; ministers are appointed for this work; and this is the office of the divine Spirit; and the Son of God himself was sent on this account:

and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way; by repentance and reformation; and so far were the wicked from returning from it in this way, that they were emboldened in sin, and hardened in it; and were more frequent and open in the commission of it; and that through the prophecies of these false prophetesses; as wicked men are by the doctrines of false teachers: and particularly

by promising him life; or that he should live long, and enjoy much peace and prosperity in the land of Israel, and not be carried captive into Babylon; and so false teachers harden men in sin, by giving them hopes of eternal life, though they continue in their evil ways; or upon the foot of universal redemption, and upon their repentance, as the fruit of their own free will; and therefore take their swing of sin, as believing that Christ died for all men, and so for them, and therefore shall be saved, live as they will; and that it is in their power to repent when they please, and therefore procrastinate it to the last.

This Ezekial verse is for the group here that denies the deity AND divine Sonship of Christ, they are the ones that are guilty of 'paining the righteous' that believe in the deity of Christ.  They do not correct the ones that do not believe in the deity of Christ but instead attempt to fight their battles so then strengthening the hands of the wicked.

You are keeping the wicked from turning from their destruction by siding and encouraging those who do not believe in the deity and divine Sonship of Christ.

Gods word, speaks to indiviuals, there is no need for a commentary.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,10:07)

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

That was a complete misrepresentation!

Heres the rest of what Terrarica said in case you are blind!

I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

This is a non-canonical thread; please take it as such.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,16:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,10:07)

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

That was a complete misrepresentation!

Heres the rest of what Terrarica said in case you are blind!

I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

shimmer

thanks and also thanks for Luke 24-39 what you made come to the attention to Mike and mike to me ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 16 2011,16:07)

Mike,

'

Amen Kathi

WJ

WJ

Pierre

Peirre

WJ

WJ

yes I did answer that question I do not believe ;I KNOW THAT GOD EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND ALSO THE WORD OF GOD,

Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

Peirre does this mean you do not believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?

It is just a yes or no question, there is no need to muddy it up with confusion.

WJ

WJ

I am not in doubt ,you still believe so you are not certain this is why you do not research truth in your heart and stick with the trinity

I ,REPEAT THAT I KNOW THAT GOD MY CREATOR EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND IN HEAVEN ALSO CALLED =THE WORD OF GOD=AND THAT GOD SPIRIT IS HOLY ,TRUE AND ALL TRUTH,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 14 2011,23:38)
    Mike,

'

Hi Kathi,

I'll take your post as, “NO Mike.  There is NO scripture in the entire Bible that would indicate that Satan was anything less that what he was called, both by Jehovah and by the Apostle Paul……………..a god.”

Now, have you thought about the title “God MOST HIGH” yet?  If there was truly only ONE god in existence, why the title “God Most High“?  Or “God Almighty“?  Or “God of gods?

You are missing a part of the scriptural puzzle here Kathi.  You won't be able to complete it without ALL the pieces we've been given.  (Check under your table.  Sometimes puzzle pieces fall to the floor unnoticed.  :) )

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 15 2011,16:07)
    Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

Wow Keith!

I would expect that kind of crap from Jack.  Perhaps he is wearing off on you more than we all realized?

I remember you lambasting Ed for doing this in a way less manipulative manner than you've just done.

Please don't do that anymore, okay?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 15 2011,17:03)
    WJ

I am not in doubt ,you still believe so you are not certain this is why you do not research truth in your heart and stick with the trinity

I ,REPEAT THAT I KNOW THAT GOD MY CREATOR EXIST AND THAT HE HAS A SON CALLED JESUS CHRIST AND IN HEAVEN ALSO CALLED =THE WORD OF GOD=AND THAT GOD SPIRIT IS HOLY ,TRUE AND ALL TRUTH,

Pierre

See what you did Keith?

You got Pierre so upset that he had to whip out the caps AND the bolds!  You're lucky he hasn't learned how to do underlines and colors yet!  :)

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 16 2011,09:51)
    This Ezekial verse is for the group here that denies the deity AND divine Sonship of Christ, they are the ones that are guilty of 'paining the righteous' that believe in the deity of Christ.  They do not correct the ones that do not believe in the deity of Christ but instead attempt to fight their battles so then strengthening the hands of the wicked.

Its as if you believe, that because you have come across your own belief in who God and Jesus is, then thats why a few people, here, are upset with you. Do you ever wonder that maybe its things you have done wrong? No-one here is denying the Lord. Perhaps, you should be talking to others. You are in the wrong place.

Jesus is more than a Man, because only he came down from heaven and lived among us. His words take precedence over all others. Jesus was not the Father. Jesus told us the summary of all the commandments, and that is to love God the Father with all our Heart and Mind and Body and Spirit. And the number two commandment is to love your neighbour as yourself. Jesus is in his people through his Spirit. So whatever you do to them, you do to him.

Did you know, that when the Father starts to work in your life, you are filled with the Spirit? And that through the Spirit, you are able to percieve what Scriptures mean because they talk to you personally? And that when filled with the Spirit, your heart breaks when you see people persecuted, abused, harmed, sad, grieving, or victims of war, in other words, with the Spirit of God, you truly do love your neighbour as yourself and will do anything for them. You see the world through different eyes, and your neighbour is the stranger, or the one you hardly know.

And that through experience, you learn what seperates you from God. And that is sin, being misled, and not listening to what God is saying. But as I said, no-one here is denying Christ, and maybe you should be where they are. The healthy have no need of a physician.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 16 2011,10:49)
    Hi Shimmer,

God bless

I dont quite get what you mean, Ed?

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 16 2011,10:58)

shimmer

thanks and also thanks for Luke 24-39 what you made come to the attention to Mike and mike to me ,

Pierre

Terra, thats ok. But Luke what? You only had 24-39. What was the Chapter?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2011,12:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 15 2011,16:07)
    Hi All

WJ asked Peirre…

Perre said…

WJ

I do not believe

Wow Keith!

I would expect that kind of crap from Jack.  Perhaps he is wearing off on you more than we all realized?

I remember you lambasting Ed for doing this in a way less manipulative manner than you've just done.

Please don't do that anymore, okay?

Hi Mike,

Thank you for realizing that I sometimes “clip” parts
    that are irrelevant, rather than to alter any meanings!

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,12:29)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 16 2011,10:49)
    Hi Shimmer,

God bless

I dont quite get what you mean, Ed?

Hi Shimmer,

canonical: in the list of biblical books officially accepted as genuine

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2011,12:17)
    See what you did Keith?

You got Pierre so upset that he had to whip out the caps AND the bolds!  
    You're lucky he hasn't learned how to do underlines and colors yet!  :)

Hi Mike,

HA Ha Ha ha ha ha!!!

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2011,19:17)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 15 2011,17:03)
    WJ

Pierre

See what you did Keith?

You got Pierre so upset that he had to whip out the caps AND the bolds!  You're lucky he hasn't learned how to do underlines and colors yet!  :)

:D :D :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Aug. 16 2011,19:31)

terraricca,Aug. wrote:

shimmer

Pierre

Terra, thats ok. But Luke what? You only had 24-39. What was the Chapter?

shimmer

Luke Chap24 -verse 39

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 15 2011,19:42)
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for realizing that I sometimes “clip” parts
    that are irrelevant, rather than to alter any meanings!

We all do that Ed.

The trick is, when they post, “I do NOT believe Jesus is God”, do not remove the word “NOT” from their quote.  :)

In other words, quote what is relevant, but do so in a way that doesn't make it seem like they are agreeing to something that they clearly are not agreeing to.

peace,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account