Ancient Syriac Documents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 581 through 589 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Sep. 03 2011,14:52)
    Kathi, your not so bad.
    Theres a side of you I hate, and a side I love.
    Love is always stronger.

But we cant let down our gaurd!!
    Looking forward to the next battle with you.

Have a nice night Kathi.

Ha! That's a back handed complement par excellence.

:D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 03 2011,22:20)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 31 2011,09:10)
    Jesus is not YHWH no matter which way you twist that.

Who is YHWH in Zechariah 14?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….60;st=0

Is

Zec 14:1 A day of the LORD is coming when your plunder will be divided among you.
    Zec 14:2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.
    Zec 14:3 Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle.
    Zec 14:4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.
    Zec 14:5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
    Zec 14:6 On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost.
    Zec 14:7 It will be a unique day, without daytime or nighttime—a day known to the LORD. When evening comes, there will be light.
    Zec 14:8 On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the eastern sea and half to the western sea, in summer and in winter.
    Zec 14:9 The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.
    Zec 14:10 The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
    Zec 14:11 It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.
    Zec 14:12 This is the plague with which the LORD will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
    Zec 14:13 On that day men will be stricken by the LORD with great panic. Each man will seize the hand of another, and they will attack each other.
    Zec 14:14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing.
    Zec 14:15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.
    Zec 14:16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
    Zec 14:17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain.
    Zec 14:18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORD will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
    Zec 14:19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.
    Zec 14:20 On that day HOLY TO THE LORD will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the LORD'S house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar.
    Zec 14:21 Every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD Almighty, and all who come to sacrifice will take some of the pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD Almighty.

Then the LORD my God will come, ;Who is this Lord that is my God ???
    the better question would be when this happen or wen would it happen ??

Pierre

Is 1:18
    Participant

Read the first post on the thread I linked Pierre.

shimmer
    Participant

Isaiah, I missed out the part that was supposed to say – Just as theres a good side to me and a bad side to me. Were only human, and we are all the same.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 03 2011,22:37)
    Read the first post on the thread I linked Pierre.

Is

can't find it show me

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Mike or t8, could you please remove my last three small posts. It came out TOTALLY wrong and I apologise.

And this post too maybe. Thanks!

Lightenup
    Participant

Ok Shimmer, you are welcome :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Sep. 02 2011,22:20)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 31 2011,09:10)
    Jesus is not YHWH no matter which way you twist that.

Who is YHWH in Zechariah 14?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….60;st=0

There is only ONE YHWH, Paul.  You could ask the question of any scripture and you'll get the same answer.

It amazes me how you guys search and search for a wording in scripture that you can twist into saying Jesus is the same exact God he is the Son of.  But you are apparently oblivious to scriptural teachings as a whole.  It's like you can't see the forest for the trees.

Jesus told us that his God is the same God as our God.  He called that God the “only true God”.  You think that God became flesh, died at the hands of puny humans, and then raised himself back to God again.  But all of you except for Kathi admit that there is only ONE God Almighty.  And if God never changes, then, according to you, God is ALWAYS the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  And if “God the Son” died, then the WHOLE BEING of God died, for the Son would ALWAYS be God Almighty.

But you imagine that only 1/3 of your God died, (which is odd in itself), but then was raised back to God again.  But scriptures say that Jesus was raised back to the right hand OF God.  

Yep, you are experts in raising doubts through precariously worded scriptures, but aren't smart enough to know what the simple word “OF” means.  :)

Paul, I would like to see a synopsis (is that the right word?) of your understanding of scripture as a whole.  For example, I see it like this:

God created everything.
    God felt the sin of mankind had grown to heaven, and animal sacrifices were no longer a proper atonement.
    God sent His Son as atonement.
    God then raised His Son and exalted him to a very high position.
    God's Son now sits at the right hand of his God.

In my view, God is always the same Being.  And this one Being has a Son.  There is no other son in the history of the world that has been the same being who begot him, so there is no reason for me to just assume that this particular Son IS the same Being as the One who begot him.

How about YOUR view?  How do things stack up for you?

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Here is an excerpt from the Didascalia which was written in the Aramaic by the 12 Apostles in the early days of the church in order to clear some things up apparently. The Didascalia also talks about the week of the Pascha and what day of the week that Jesus was crucified. They say it was Friday and that day and night one was while Jesus was on the cross. If you remember, the sky got dark during the day for three hours and that was counted as one night. I think that is discussed in chapter 21. Anyway, this that I have posted here tells who to worship, see the bolded part:

CHAPTER XXIV

On the ordering of the Church: showing also that the Apostles came together for the correction of abuses.

[vi. 11]� Now already we had rightly preached the holy word of the Catholic Church; and we returned once more to come to the Churches, and found men occupied (p. 102) with other opinions. [[204]] For some forsooth were observing holiness; and some abstained from flesh and from wine, and some from swine's flesh; and they were observing (some or other) of all the bonds which are in the Second Legislation.

[vi. 12] When therefore the whole Church was in peril of falling into heresy, all we the twelve Apostles came together to Jerusalem and took thought what should be done. And it seemed good to us, being all of one accord [Acts 15.25], to write this Catholic Didascalia for the confirming of you all. And we have established and set down therein that you worship God Almighty and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit; that you employ the holy Scriptures, and believe in the resurrection of the dead; and that you make use of all His creatures with thanksgiving [cf. 1Tim 4.3]; and that men should marry: for He saith in Proverbs: Of God is a woman betrothed to a man [Prov 19.14]; and in the Gospel again our Lord saith: He that created from the beginning the male, said that he created also the female. Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they two shall be one body. What therefore God hath coupled, let not man separate [Mt 19.4-6; Gen 2.24]. But sufficient for the faithful is the circumcision of the heart, (which is) spiritual, as He said by Jeremiah: Light you a lamp, and sow not among thorns. Be circumcised unto the Lord your God, and circumcise the foreskin of your heart, ye men of Judah [Jer 4.3-4]. And again in Joel He saith: Rend your hearts, and not your garments [Joel 2.13]. And as for baptism also, one is enough for you, even that which has perfectly forgiven you your sins. For Isaiah said not (only) Wash, but Wash, and be cleansed [Isa 1.16].

From here: http://www.bombaxo.com/didascalia.html

Viewing 9 posts - 581 through 589 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account