Ancient Syriac Documents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 589 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    The Son of God was always 100% the Son of God, He didn't become the Son of God and He never stopped being the Son of God when He also became the Son of David in the flesh. He was 100% the Son of God and 100% the Son of David since His conception in Mary. Before that He was 100% the Son of God. After the conception in Mary, He was 100% Son of God and 100% Son of David.

To become a man, the Son of God had to give up His glory that He shared with the Father, temporarily. He got it back after the resurrection.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,12:05)
    Pierre,
    The Son of God was always 100% the Son of God, He didn't become the Son of God and He never stopped  being the Son of God when He also became the Son of David in the flesh.  He was 100% the Son of God and 100% the Son of David since His conception in Mary.  Before that He was 100% the Son of God.  After the conception in Mary, He was 100% Son of God and 100% Son of David.

To become a man, the Son of God had to give up His glory that He shared with the Father, temporarily.  He got it back after the resurrection.

Kathi

Kathi

To become a man, the Son of God had to give up His glory that He shared with the Father, temporarily. He got it back after the resurrection

where is that scripture ;glory that He shared with the Father

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Do you not know how to find that scripture? Really? See if you can find it by yourself. If after you tried you cannot, let me know and I will help you.

Hint: Do a word search on the word 'glory' in the NT and see if you can find your answer. I found it in just a minute or two just now. You need to learn how to find your own answers in the Bible.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,12:20)
    Pierre,
    Do you not know how to find that scripture?  Really?  See if you can find it by yourself.  If after you tried you cannot, let me know and I will help you.

Hint:  Do a word search on the word 'glory' in the NT and see if you can find your answer.  I found it in just a minute or two just now.  You need to learn how to find your own answers in the Bible.

Kathi

Kathi

I can not find the Glory that Christ share equaly with the father

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Where do you go to do a word search?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,12:42)
    Pierre,
    Where do you go to do a word search?

Kathi

I have the NIV program
    the Logos on KJV program

and then there is the Internet many are here
    but it is the SHARED GLORY that I can not find so since you put the thought there you must know were it is ,wright ?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    I can show you but I have found with some people, like yourself that you do better when you find it. Look up the word 'glory' and see what you find in John 17.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,14:35)
    Pierre,
    I can show you but I have found with some people, like yourself that you do better when you find it.  Look up the word 'glory' and see what you find in John 17.

Kathi

Joh 17;1“Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.

it does not say they both SHARE a glory I see two glory not one

and one glory is used to make the other

so you do NOT have scriptures to back up your claim right ?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Wrong verse…keep looking in John 17.
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,16:40)
    Pierre,
    Kathi

Kathi

you mean that this one is not true ?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 18 2011,22:14)
    When Jesus is talking as the 'man' he hasn't stopped being the person that pre-existed.  He is both…100% the Son of God who pre-existed and 100% the man that was given life in Mary.

When He talks about the life which God had given Him He is referring to the life as the man.  We know that He wasn't always a man and that to be a man, His flesh had to be given life.

Well if he hadn't stopped being 100% God when he said he lives because of God, then how do you SCRIPTURALLY come to the conclusion that he ONLY the “human part of Jesus” said this statement?

The answer is very simple, Kathi. You don't WANT Jesus to owe his very existence to the One who created him as the first of His works, so you are willing to just “insert” certain conjecture into the scriptures when they support your doctrine.

Also, are you saying the being of Jesus DIED, and then was GIVEN LIFE as a human being?  Because he surely DIDN'T say, “MY FLESH lives because of God”, did he?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 19 2011,11:39)
    Pierre,

My view has been backed with scripture.  You don't seem to like all the scriptures.

For instance, look at this thread full of scripture.  You won't like the scriptures, I can almost guarantee it but never the less, they are found in the Bible.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….90;st=0

Pierre,

Did you look at Kathi's link?  How do you answer those scriptures?  

I can address them easily because I've researched into each and every one of the scriptures listed on that thread.  I've studied the Greek and Hebrew words used, and know how most of them are the poor attempt of a trinity biased scholar to slant the scripture to teach that Jesus is God Almighty when in fact it does not.

I've learned this stuff so that I am prepared to defend the glory of my God when certain people try to share that glory with another.

Are you starting to get the picture yet, Pierre? I research not for my own glory or so that people can think I'm “smart”. I research so that I can show others the TRUTH about my God, and thereby glorify HIM.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I did not list that link to show that Jesus was God Almighty by those verses, I showed them to prove the deity of Christ, and that they do. You should read the op of that thread if you want to boast of your research skills. Pride cometh before a fall Mike and you are about to fall, can't say I didn't warn you ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,18:02)

Pierre,
    Kathi

Kathi

Pierre

Pierre,
    This response of yours really makes me question your comprehension skills.

I never said the verse you found was not true, did I?
    I said it was the wrong verse. You need to keep looking in chapter 17 to find the verse that you are looking for.

I think if your Bible study and comprehension skills are as dull as they appear in this conversation, you are not in a position to make judgements about people's Biblical understanding, imo.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,22:08)

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,18:02)

Pierre,
    Kathi

Kathi

Pierre

Pierre,
    This response of yours really makes me question your comprehension skills.

I never said the verse you found was not true, did I?
    I said it was the wrong verse.  You need to keep looking in chapter 17 to find the verse that you are looking for.

I think if your Bible study and comprehension skills are as dull as they appear in this conversation, you are not in a position to make judgements about people's Biblical understanding, imo.

Kathi

Kathi

you should read all of our conversation and understand what you are trying to prove ,and also look my answers to you may be then you would understand why I told you what I have said,and read the verse in Joh 17-1 and do some thinking

I well know what you try to explain to me for a long time ,
    wen you are true to scriptures I am with you but I can not be if it is not in scriptures

I think if your Bible study and comprehension skills are as dull as they appear in this conversation, you are not in a position to make judgements about people's Biblical understanding

well think again ,because I do not try to make people believe what is not in scriptures,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 19 2011,22:04)
    Mike,
    I did not list that link to show that Jesus was God Almighty by those verses, I showed them to prove the deity of Christ, and that they do.  You should read the op of that thread if you want to boast of your research skills.  Pride cometh before a fall Mike and you are about to fall, can't say I didn't warn you ???

What are you talking about, Kathi? I thought you said Jesus IS God Almighty.

And it is YOU who will fall each and every time. For scripture and truth is on MY side, not yours.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 20 2011,21:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 19 2011,11:39)
    Pierre,

My view has been backed with scripture.  You don't seem to like all the scriptures.

For instance, look at this thread full of scripture.  You won't like the scriptures, I can almost guarantee it but never the less, they are found in the Bible.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….90;st=0

Pierre,

Did you look at Kathi's link?  How do you answer those scriptures?  

I can address them easily because I've researched into each and every one of the scriptures listed on that thread.  I've studied the Greek and Hebrew words used, and know how most of them are the poor attempt of a trinity biased scholar to slant the scripture to teach that Jesus is God Almighty when in fact it does not.

I've learned this stuff so that I am prepared to defend the glory of my God when certain people try to share that glory with another.

Are you starting to get the picture yet, Pierre?  I research not for my own glory or so that people can think I'm “smart”.  I research so that I can show others the TRUTH about my God, and thereby glorify HIM.

Mike

Are you starting to get the picture yet, Pierre? I research not for my own glory or so that people can think I'm “smart”. I research so that I can show others the TRUTH about my God, and thereby glorify HIM

this is good ,and your reward will in heaven were there are no thieves and ,,,,,,,,

but you think I can not answer because I have not study Greek or Hebrew?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 19 2011,23:25)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 19 2011,22:04)
    Mike,
    I did not list that link to show that Jesus was God Almighty by those verses, I showed them to prove the deity of Christ, and that they do.  You should read the op of that thread if you want to boast of your research skills.  Pride cometh before a fall Mike and you are about to fall, can't say I didn't warn you ???

What are you talking about, Kathi?  I thought you said Jesus IS God Almighty.

And it is YOU who will fall each and every time.  For scripture and truth is on MY side, not yours.

Mike,
    I said that presence or existence of the Son is why the Father is God Almighty.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well, last week the “unity” of the two “mighty Gods” was what formed the one “Almighty God”. What is it again this week?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,22:29)
    but you think I can not answer because I have not study Greek or Hebrew?

No, I don't think that. And I would never tell you that learning the Hebrew and the Greek was necessary for you. I won't put conditions on how you come to a better understanding of God. And I would ask the same from you.

peace,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 589 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account