1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Proclaimer,

You asked: But if your doctrine is not a Binity (while clearly it is), then what name do you give this doctrine?

It is simply the YHVH Unity of Father, Son, and Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So two are God and the unity creates the essense of the spirit. In other words, a binity.

This was the thinking behind the Trinity. It started as two being God ?whete you are now), but the resulting spirit got an upgrade to a separate person some centuries later, thus becoming three.

So silly is the mind of man when using his own spirit to fatham God. Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blessed are those who hear what the Spirit reveals. Cursed are those who rely on their own understanding. They are deceived and they deceive.

Lightenup
    Participant

@Proclaimer

You believe the Father and Son are not two persons who are perfectly united? Did Jesus say that the Father and himself were not one or did Jesus say that the Father and he were one?

Also, a couple of us are still waiting for you to address the Heb. 1 and Psalms 102 question asked of you two months ago. You can say that you don’t know how to answer it. Please address it one way or the other.

LU

Lightenup
    Participant

Proclaimer,

You said:

So two are God and the unity creates the essense of the spirit. In other words, a binity.

Do you call every group of two who are united in some way “a binity”?

Are you and your wife a binity?

Also, I don’t have a clue where you got the wording “the unity creates the essense of the spirit.”

Do you just make up what you think others believe?

Can the spirits within two completely agreeable persons be said to be “one in spirit”? What do you think?

Proclaimer
    Participant

You believe the Father and Son are not two persons who are perfectly united? Did Jesus say that the Father and himself were not one or did Jesus say that the Father and he were one?

And Jesus prayed that his Church would have the same oneness and be one with him and the Father.

That teaching you promote is misused as a support verse for the Trinity and the Binity.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Do you call every group of two who are united in some way “a binity”?

Are you and your wife a binity?

I don’t usually tag every kind of unity with a unique title. But doctrines have names so we can identify them.

Your doctrine says that YHWH is two beings. That makes it a Binity in the same way that many others believe a doctrine that God is three persons which makes it the Trinity. There are many trinities or versions of the Trinity out there by the way. Not just one.

Your doctrine is a Binity because it specifically states that the one true God is two persons.

As far as our everyday relationships go, there is no need to call them binities or whatever. There would be too many to name. What would we call the unity of the Father, Son, and Church? Billionity? Add in the angels and we have a Tillionity? What would be the point.

For the same reason the Trinity has a name, so it is with the Binity. And specifically because the Binity doctrine was the predecessor of the Trinity doctrine. One error leading to another and another.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Can the spirits within two completely agreeable persons be said to be “one in spirit”? What do you think?

Yes we could say that.

As far as God goes, he is the Father of all spirits.

All who have HIS spirit are one with him and belong to him.

Even Jesus was anointed by God when he received God’s own spirit.

There is no true unity that will last forever if it doesn’t involve the Father’s own Spirit.

You seem to teach that this Spirit of God is merely a result of two spirits merging.

Another error with the Binity and Trinity.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Do you just make up what you think others believe?

No.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Also, a couple of us are still waiting for you to address the Heb. 1 and Psalms 102 question asked of you two months ago. You can say that you don’t know how to answer it. Please address it one way or the other.

Thank you.

I will get started on this today.

Lightenup
    Participant

@Proclaimer

What do you call your doctrine?

Do you believe that the Father and Son are perfectly united?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Lu …..Perfectly United, with any person , does not mean you are that same person, you are just in agreement with that person, that is all.  If I by the Spirit of God do what he says, that doesn’t make me or anyone else him either,  and that includes the “man”  Jesus also.  But it  does make us one in agreement right,  if I follow him, as the man Jesus did, right? .  So then I become One with them also, and as Proclaimer said,  that could be extended to billions and trillion of other also. All accomplished by that self same Spirit of God,  “in all, and “through all”.

peace and love to you and yours………..gene

Lightenup
    Participant

Gene,

You said:

Perfectly United, with any person , does not mean you are that same person, you are just in agreement with that person, that is all.

I don’t believe that anyone that teaches that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are perfectly united thinks that being perfectly united means one person is that same person.

Proclaimer
    Participant

They believe however that it is the same God and or same being.

Not so.

God is a Spirit. Not two or three spirits.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

@t8

I don’t want to bug you, but I wanted to remind you to address the Hebrews 1 and Psalm 102 question.

Thanks.

God bless,

Danny

Lightenup
    Participant

@Proclaimer

You said God is a Spirit. Is the Son a Spirit?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Are we a spirit?

If the answer is yes, then he is a spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

LU…..Jesus sure did not think he was a Spirit being at all, at least he said that even after he was resurrected.
    he called himself Flesh and bone, even after he was resurrected from the dead, and as far as I know,  a man is not a Sprit, Even though he can have a Spirit dwell “in” him, even many Spirits can dwell “in” him, according to scriptures. Jesus always was and is still a human being , God is a Spirit , not a flesh being.

That which comes from flesh is flesh, that which is Spirit is Spirit,  spirits can only dwell in flesh bodies, but can never be flesh bodies. A person who has the Spirit of God dwelling in him is called spiritual, not because he is a Spirit being , but because he has the Spirit of God “dwelling” in him, so that flesh man is spiritually  driven, because of the Spirits dwelling in his flesh body.  Flesh is flesh, Spirit is Spirit, while Spirit can dwell “in” flesh , flesh can not put itself in spirit. IMO.

peace and love to you and yours………gene

Lightenup
    Participant

@Proclaimer

Let me clarify…was Jesus a spirit before creation?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Angel’s are spirits, so in that sense yes. But remember, he is the image of the invisible God. In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.

He has a visible body while God is invisible.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Word was with God.

So whatever form the Word was.

Spirit would be a good guess.

But there is no clear teaching in scripture on this as far as I know.

So I don’t want to fall into the error of saying something is when I would only be making a logical guess.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,961 through 1,980 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account