1 John 5.20 – Christ is not the true God?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,982 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

read the context boy. LOL
    you will know why john used the word was in verse 1 of john 1.1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    So what does WAS mean in your private interpretation?

jammin
    Participant

not my private interpreation. but john said that his nature was the same as GOD

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes Jammin.
    WAS.

jammin
    Participant

so what do you mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    Past tense.
    WAS

jammin
    Participant

so what is the problem? does it mean that Christ is not GOD? LOL

i told you to read the context. it will help you to find truth.

Christ is truly GOD!
    John 20:28

King James Version (KJV)

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 25 2012,11:39)

Quote (carmel @ April 23 2012,23:55)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 24 2012,10:20)

Quote (carmel @ April 23 2012,14:46)
    But Jesus was already anointed,HE WAS BORN ANOINTED

Hi Charles,

I agree that Jesus was born an anointed one of God, and “the one who was to come into the world”. (John 11:27)  Since Jesus was THE anointed one who was to come into the world, he is often referred to as THE christ.  And he was THE christ they had been waiting for, but he was NOT the only christ of God.

One of God's other christs was Cyrus.  And like Jesus, Cyrus was also prophesied about before he walked on the face of the earth:

Isaiah 44:28
    who says of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, “Let it be rebuilt,” and of the temple, “Let its foundations be laid.”’

Isaiah 45:1
    “This is what the LORD says to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of to subdue nations before him and to strip kings of their armor, to open doors before him so that gates will not be shut:

Isaiah 45:13
    I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness: I will make all his ways straight. He will rebuild my city and set my exiles free, but not for a price or reward, says the LORD Almighty.”

Charles, do you see the word I bolded in 45:1?  The Hebrew word is “mashiyach” (messiah) – the SAME EXACT word used of Jesus.

but he was NOT the only christ of God.

Mike, Again don't compare the anointed with oil through man with Jesus ALREADY ANOINTED BY GOD HIMSELF THERE'S NO COMPARISON AT ALL.

I just showed you a christ of God named Cyrus, who was also anointed (chosen) by God before he walked the earth.  Show me where Cyrus was ever anointed with OIL, Charles.  Yet he was still an anointed one (messiah) of God nonetheless, right?

an anointed one

Mike

an anointed one yes, But THE ANOINTED ONE  NO.

The anointed one

what is the difference between   HE IS A MAN      and   HE IS THE MAN TELL ME YOU ARE AN ARTIST IN PLAYIG WITH WORDS

WHICH ONE IS THE MOST SUITABLE FOR JESUS???

Do not insist Mike ,you are confused.

ONLY JESUS IS THE AOINTED ONE. SO ADMIT,AND QUIT.

JESUS WAS ALWAYS ETERNALY ANOINTED,HUMANS NO, ONLY JESUS WAS IN HIS BOSSOM. ONLY HE CAME FROM HEAVEN AND REMAINED IN HEAVEN: ANOINTED.

ALSO THE ANOINTING WHICH JESUS ETERNALLY POSSESSED AS A SPIRIT,HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CORRUPTED HUMANS NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF ANOINTING. THAT'S WHY THE OIL IS USED TO PROVE THAT THEY WERE ORDINARY CONDEMNED HUMANS ANOITED BY ORDINARY CONDEMDED HUMANS

BEFORE JESUS THEIR WERE ALLSORTS,CHRISTS,MESAIAS,PROPHETS,PRIESTS,gods,KINGS,SACRIFICES,TEMPLES, LAWS, BUT ALL WERE AN IMITATION TO JESUS TO MAKE US AWARE THAT HE IS ALL IN ALL

TO CONCLUDE MIKE YOU BETTER MAKE A GOOD RESEARCH CYRUS WAS NEVER ANOINTED OFFICIALLY ONLY CALLED SO FOR HIS RESPECT TO ALL RELIGIONS HE CONQUERRED

READ:

What is sometimes referred to as the Edict of Restoration (actually two edicts) described in the Bible as being made by Cyrus the Great left a lasting legacy on the Jewish religion where because of his policies in Babylonia, he is referred to by the people of the Jewish faith, as “the anointed of the Lord” or a “Messiah”.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ April 24 2012,23:54)
    Mike

The anointed one

ONLY JESUS IS THE ANOINTED ONE. SO ADMIT,AND QUIT.

Charles,

Read the last bolded line of your own post.  Your source says Cyrus was “THE anointed one of the Lord”.

My intention was never to belittle Jesus, or put him on an equal plane with God's other christs.  My intention was only to help you to speak according to scripture.  Saying that there has only ever been one christ of God is just not scriptural, and I just wanted you to know that.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 26 2012,11:58)

Mike

The anointed one

Charles,

Read the last bolded line of your own post.  Your source says Cyrus was “THE anointed one of the Lord”.

My intention was never to belittle Jesus, or put him on an equal plane with God's other christs.  My intention was only to help you to speak according to scripture.  Saying that there has only ever been one christ of God is just not scriptural, and I just wanted you to know that.

Saying that there has only ever been one christ of God is just not scriptural, and I just wanted you to know that.

Mike,

Keep on playing with words.

THERE'S ONLY ONE JESUS THE CHRIST

THE OTHERS ARE NOT THE CHRISTS BUT JUST CHRISTS

Something established through humans even by the order of God

has nothing to do with God's the anointed one

JESUS IS THE CHRIST BUT NOT A CHRIST

JESUS IS THE ANOINTED ONE BUT NOT AN ANOINTED

JESUS IS THE MESSIAS  BUT NOT A MESSIAS

JESUS IS THE LIFE  BUT NOT A LIFE.

JESUS IS THE WAY  BUT NOT A WAY.

JESUS IS THE VINE BUT NOT A VINE

JESUS IS THE TRUTH  BUT NOT A TRUTH.

JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR BUT NOT A SVIOUR

JESUS IS THE MASTER BUT NOT A MASTER.

JESUS IS THE HEALER NOT A HEALER

JESUS IS THE DOOR BUT NOT A DOOR

JESUS IS THE GOD NOT A GOD.

READ:

What is sometimes referred to as the Edict of Restoration (actually two edicts) described in the Bible as being made by Cyrus the Great
    left a lasting legacy on the Jewish religion where because of his policies in Babylonia,
    he is referred to by the people of the Jewish faith, as “the anointed of the Lord” or a “Messiah”.

PLEASE MIKE ONLY THE JEWS REFERRED TO HIM IN THAT TITLE NOTHWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT HE WAS NOT A JEW HIMSELF. HE WAS NEVER ANOINTED AT ALL.

[/B]

Peter referred to Satan as the roaring lion, but he is not a lion.

peace and love in Jesus nunique in every sense

Charles

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Charles,

Very rarely do you post anything that is actually according to scripture. This is part of why I don't speak much to you on this site.

While Jesus is by far the most important christ God ever anointed, he is one of many christs of God. That is what the scriptures teach, and so that is what I was trying to show you.

You can accept the scriptural truth of the matter or not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ April 25 2012,16:26)
    so what is the problem? does it mean that Christ is not GOD? LOL

i told you to read the context. it will help you to find truth.

Christ is truly GOD!
    John 20:28

King James Version (KJV)

28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Hi Jammin,
    So to you WAS should read IS?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jammin,
    When Jesus CHRIST was seen both Lord Jesus and his Father within could be SEEN SPIRITUALLY.
    Jn 5, 7, 8, 14,16

But carnal folk skip over those things.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 26 2012,17:40)
    Hi Jammin,
    So to you WAS should read IS?

Nick,

This is much ado over a non-point. I know that Jesus was not the God he is the Son of in the beginning, but your “WAS/IS” point doesn't prove it. For one, God does not change, so something that WAS God can never become something that ISN'T God.

And secondly, God Almighty WAS the God of the heavens in the beginning, right? How does the word WAS tell us that He isn't STILL the God of the heavens?

You should find a different route to your desired destination, because the “WAS/IS” thing is a dead end if you ask me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Theological arguments prove nothing.
    EVERY WORD counts

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2012,20:03)
    Hi MB,
    EVERY WORD counts

N

:D :D :D ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    You do not realise the words are sacred?

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2012,13:03)
    Hi MB,
    EVERY WORD counts

you words are non sense LOL

i believe what john, thomas, paul etc said that Christ is GOD!
    he is truly GOD!

btw nick, read the context very well LOL :D

NickHassan
    Participant

hi Jammin,
    No that is not what he said.
    You must learn TO BE ACCURATE
    Otherwise you show contempt for what is holy

Quote (carmel @ April 26 2012,16:45)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 26 2012,11:58)

Mike

The anointed one

Charles,

Saying that there has only ever been one christ of God is just not scriptural, and I just wanted you to know that.

Mike,

Keep on playing with words.

THERE'S ONLY ONE JESUS THE CHRIST

THE OTHERS ARE NOT THE CHRISTS BUT JUST CHRISTS

Something established through humans even by the order of God

has nothing to do with God's the anointed one

JESUS IS THE CHRIST BUT NOT A CHRIST

JESUS IS THE ANOINTED ONE BUT NOT AN ANOINTED

JESUS IS THE MESSIAS  BUT NOT A MESSIAS

JESUS IS THE LIFE  BUT NOT A LIFE.

JESUS IS THE WAY  BUT NOT A WAY.

JESUS IS THE VINE BUT NOT A VINE

JESUS IS THE TRUTH  BUT NOT A TRUTH.

JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR BUT NOT A SVIOUR

JESUS IS THE MASTER BUT NOT A MASTER.

JESUS IS THE HEALER NOT A HEALER

JESUS IS THE DOOR BUT NOT A DOOR

JESUS IS THE GOD NOT A GOD.

READ:

What is sometimes referred to as the Edict of Restoration (actually two edicts) described in the Bible as being made by Cyrus the Great
    left a lasting legacy on the Jewish religion where because of his policies in Babylonia,
    he is referred to by the people of the Jewish faith, as “the anointed of the Lord” or a “Messiah”.

PLEASE MIKE ONLY THE JEWS REFERRED TO HIM IN THAT TITLE NOTHWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT HE WAS NOT A JEW HIMSELF. HE WAS NEVER ANOINTED AT ALL.

[/B]

Peter referred to Satan as the roaring lion, but he is not a lion.

peace and love in Jesus nunique in every sense

Charles

HI carmel

Excellent post!

Mike Lives in th OT and doesn't understand that all the types, shadows, saviours etc pointed to Jesus. Jesus with his own words said the scriptures testified of him. He said that all that came before him were theives and robbers.

The Greek word for Christ also means The Messiah.

The problem they have is in every place in the NT scrptures the word “Christ” is used it refers to Jesus Christ.

The apostles and the early fathers never refered to any man being the Christ other than Jesus,

Jesus had the Spirit without measure meaning that all God had Jesus has which means to us he is no less than God.

Blessings!

Keith

Viewing 20 posts - 1,081 through 1,100 (of 1,982 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account