The Good Shepherd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A recurring theme through the bible is that of sheep and shepherd.

Num 27
    16Let the LORD, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation,

17Which may go out before them, and which may go in before them, and which may lead them out, and which may bring them in; that the congregation of the LORD be not as sheep which have no shepherd.

18And the LORD said unto Moses, Take thee Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand upon him;
    1 Kings 22:17
    And he said, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the LORD said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace.
    Jeremiah 50:6
    My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.
    Ezekiel 34:12
    As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
    Matthew 9:36
    But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
    John 10:11
    I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
    John 10:14
    I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
    John 10:16
    And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
    Zechariah 13:7
    Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
    Matthew 26:31
    Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
    Hebrews 13:20
    Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
    1 Peter 2:25
    For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls

ps23
    Psalm 23
    1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

So the shepherd will ever feed the sheep
    and at the wedding feast

Not3in1
    Participant

I do think God is a shephard of sorts. He watches over us (lliterally) and he feeds us by providing the earth and it's bounty.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    When Jesus said this in Jn10
    And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I guess he meant these ones who did not know they were among his sheep..
    Mt 25
    31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 12 2008,13:34)
    Hi,
    When Jesus said this in Jn10

I guess he meant these ones who did not know they were among his sheep..
    Mt 25
    31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Nick So what do you think are the sheep an who are the goats?
    Jesus said that He would go after a lost sheep, to bring it back home. So since we have been Baptized and received the Holy Spirit, can we count ourselves as being a sheep. The Father has given us to Jesus, and He said He would not loose us. He would go after that lost sheep. We can count on that.
    When Jesus returns will we be one of those multitudes of Spirit beings that Rev.7 is talking about? I have wondered alot about that scripture. What do you think. Since it says that they have washed their Robes white in the Blood of the Lamb, I am wondering if we are not meant by that, since we ar undeer His Blood. I do believe that we are in the great Tribulation and time is short.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    Read Mt 25 again and you will see that those sheep were not expecting themselves to be chosen of God. We should be confident of our being chosen by the evidence of the peace and the Spirit given us. Some more who are not yet one with Christ will be found saved through the crucible of the tribulation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Matthew 18:12
    “What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying?

Some would imagine that this could justify a theory that God will save all men.
    All men were never among the sheep of GOD's flock.
    Some are goats and some even wolves.

God denies the fatherhood of all men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is the staff and rod of the Shepherd that protects the foolish lambs from the lion and the wolves

Psalm 23
    1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who call themselves branches but despise the authority of the vine should perhaps fear him.

Luke 19:27
    “But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Good Shepherd gave his life for the sheep.
    The roaring lion killed him but this released the powers of God among men to crush Satan.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 10
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi.
    Ps 95
    O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.

7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is 53
    6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 10

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2014,07:50)
    Hi,
    Jn 10

Nick.

Nicely done,but do you know what He is saying?

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    You are not a schoolteacher here.
    But do tell us

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 10
    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 10
    9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 10
    10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2014,08:00)
    Hi,
    Jn 10

Nick.

The thief did come many years ago to steal and destroy.
    But you did not recognise him, because you were fast asleep.
    Stay awake,dont slumber.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi WU,
    Do you find your need to judge
    sometimes interferes with your judgement?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account