Will all men be saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 409 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 07 2009,15:12)

Quote (chosenone @ June 05 2009,17:00)
    Georg.
      Rev.20:9-10   …9 And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and surround the citadel of the saints and the beloved city. And fire descended from God out of heaven and devoured them.
    10 And the Adversary who is deceiving them was cast into the lake of fire and sulphur, where the wild beast and where the false prophet are also. And they shall be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons.

Notice “And they shall be tormented day and night for the eons of the eons”.  an “eon”, is a period of time, never
    everlasting or eternal.

God will be “All in all”, at the consummation.

Blessings.

chosenone

Let me see how you spinn these scriptures.

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.  
    Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.  

That day is Rev. 20:9.

Georg

All will not be saved if it were so there would be no purpose for hell to exist at all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    And that is why so much energy is spent by such proponents to deny choice and to make the lake of fire an allegory.
    The love of falsehood drives their work.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2009,08:13)
    Hi BD,
    And that is why so much energy is spent by such proponents to deny choice and to make the lake of fire an allegory.
    The love of falsehood drives their work.

The funny thing is even if it were an allegory or a metaphor it still wouldn't be equal to being in the presence of God through obedience and submission to will of God.

They are almost saying that good is really equal to evil.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………No one is saying there is not judgement for wrong doing, that is a supposition on your and some others to. Many scripture shows fiery judgments will affect many in fact all. No one here is saying there is no accountability for our action. “it is appointed unto a man once to die then the judgement. But to reckon judgement as eternal lake of a literial fire is not consistent with scripture in my opinion and others also. Many have and will die ignorant concerning the Lord and His word, a loving GOD doesn't just through his children into a literial lake of fire, and tell every one else to love his enemies and do good to those who persecute you and say all manor other things against you falsely and to forgive one another, but he doesn't do that. right?. There is much ascribed to GOD by the CARNAL MINDS of MEN, that just is not true. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..lgene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Welcome to the teachings for itchy ears.
    The fire however is literal.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB……….You can believe the fear mongers if you want to , But the Loving GOD our creators hand is not short that it can't save, don't let fear mongers control you thoughts , seek a GOD of Love and forgiveness and you will find Him , seek a god of FEAR and you will find Him also. What ever controls you is your GOD “So a man thinks so He is” We have not recieved a SPIRIT of FEAR, but of love and Power and of a sound mind”. But some only have a Spirit of FEAR and dread on them. “The fearful and unbelieving will have there part in the lake of fire”. “Perfect love cast out fear for (NOTHING) is perfect in fear, because fear has torment”. DB remember the book of REV was symbolized, you can't take every thing written in it as literial it is symbolic language. But some can't figure it out, it takes GOD Spirit to see it and understand it.  Not all have the SPIRIT IMO

peace and love to you and your…………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Jesus never said all will be saved.[jn3]
    Do you prefer other teachers?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 08 2009,16:58)
    G,

NH.
    Does your bible not have 1Tim.4:9-11?

9 Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome
    10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,
    11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 08 2009,16:00)
    BD………No one is saying there is not judgement for wrong doing, that is a supposition on your and some others to. Many scripture shows fiery judgments will affect many in fact all. No one here is saying there is no accountability for our action. “it is appointed unto a man once to die then the judgement. But to reckon judgement as eternal lake of a literial fire is not consistent with scripture in my opinion and others also. Many have and will die ignorant concerning the Lord and His word, a loving GOD doesn't just through his children into a literial lake of fire, and tell every one else to love his enemies and do good to those who persecute you and say all manor other things against you falsely and to forgive one another, but he doesn't do that. right?. There is much ascribed to GOD by the CARNAL MINDS of MEN, that just is not true. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..lgene

Amen Gene!! You do our Almighty Father good, with words of truth, that properly reflect His righteous character.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 08 2009,18:51)

G,

NH.

10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,

Yes it is rather frustrating to see people disregard scripture.

All scripture needs to work together to form the truth. What I keep seeing on this forum is people denying clear scriptures so that they can keep their doctrine true with other scriptures. This occurs with everything from the trinity, pre-existence, lake of fire, and the adversary.

1 Tim 4:9-11 should work as a light unto other scriptures. For those who keep it in the dark, well that's just pure shameful IMO.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ June 09 2009,02:27)

Quote (chosenone @ June 08 2009,18:51)

G,

NH.

Yes it is rather frustrating to see people disregard scripture.

All scripture needs to work together to form the truth. What I keep seeing on this forum is people denying clear scriptures so that they can keep their doctrine true with other scriptures. This occurs with everything from the trinity, pre-existence, lake of fire, and the adversary.

1 Tim 4:9-11 should work as a light unto other scriptures. For those who keep it in the dark, well that's just pure shameful IMO.

Mark 9:42-44 (King James Version)

42And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Matthew 5:29-31 (King James Version)

29And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 23:32-34 (King James Version)

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

13:41-43 (King James Version)

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:27-29 (King James Version)

27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Jesus is talking about a literal hell, is Jesus wrong?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 08 2009,16:29)
    DB……….You can believe the fear mongers if you want to , But the Loving GOD our creators hand is not short that it can't save, don't let fear mongers control you thoughts , seek a GOD of Love and forgiveness and you will find Him , seek a god of FEAR and you will find Him also. What ever controls you is your GOD “So a man thinks so He is” We have not recieved a SPIRIT of FEAR, but of love and Power and of a sound mind”. But some only have a Spirit of FEAR and dread on them. “The fearful and unbelieving will have there part in the lake of fire”. “Perfect love cast out fear for (NOTHING) is perfect in fear, because fear has torment”. DB remember the book of REV was symbolized, you can't take every thing written in it as literial it is symbolic language. But some can't figure it out, it takes GOD Spirit to see it and understand it.  Not all have the SPIRIT IMO

peace and love to you and your…………………………gene

Hell is not for those who are doing the will of God but those who reject God and reject goodness have you not understood that God has a wrath for those who are unjust and evil?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The will of God is that men believe in his Son.
    No mention of any later men.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2009,12:40)
    Hi BD,
    The will of God is that men believe in his Son.
    No mention of any later men.

There was no mention of Jesus before Jesus so during the time of Moses what was the will of God? Was it to believe in Jesus or Moses?

That is why the scripture says:

Matthew 11:26-28 (King James Version)

26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Are you the Son?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus showed the disciples on the way to Emmaus where his name was written throughout the bible.

God has chosen by grace to reveal His son to me and I am joined with him.

Are you or do you prefer another?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2009,14:51)
    Hi BD,
    Jesus showed the disciples on the way to Emmaus where his name was written throughout the bible.

God has chosen by grace to reveal His son to me and I am joined with him.

Are you or do you prefer another?

Are you the son of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    An adopted son.
    A son of man reborn into the Son of God of water and the Spirit.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2009,15:12)
    Hi BD,
    An adopted son.
    A son of man reborn into the Son of God of water and the Spirit.

Then you are the way the truth and the life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    What would you say to Paul?
    He said
    “it is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me”

Does that offend you?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2009,17:55)
    Hi BD,
    What would you say to Paul?
    He said
    “it is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth in me”  

Does that offend you?

Nothing about Christ is offensive to me, And if he liveth in you then you are anointed also and praise God for that. But tell me if you are a son of God why do you feel the need to speak about adoption? Either you are or not someones child.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 409 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account