Will all men be saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 409 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….There is no (LITERAL) LAKE OF FIRE, it is SYMBOLIC for intense JUDGMENTS OF GOD. The book of revelations was SIGNIFIED WHICH IS TO (SYMBOLIZES) IT, can you get that? You can not fully understand scripture without understanding its symbolic language.

peace and love…………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Should we believe you…or scripture/

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Just prove their is a LITERAL LAKE of FIRE where it say GOD is going to cast people into, to scream out into all eternity in pain and suffering.  IN your theology Jesus and GOD the Father tell us to love and forgive our enemies , but they Just throw them into a literial lake of Fire right. Haven you heard GOD IS LOVE< not a GOD who throws his Children in to a literial FIRE and burn them up.

Here is what GOD thinks of people who think that way………Jer 32:35…> And they built the high place of Baal, which are in the valley of the sons of Hinnom, then caused their sons and their daughters; to pass through the fire unto Molech; which i commanded then not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this (ABOMINATION) to cause Judah to sin.

Lev 18:21..> and thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the mane of thy GOD: I am the LORD.

So God considers such a thing a SIN,  but you believe  him to throw his Created Children into a literial Fire.  Is that not PROFANING His NAME?. IMO

peace and love………………..gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 10 2009,01:01)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 08 2009,15:39)
    Hi Georg,
    King Jesus ruling from Jerusalem on the throne of David along with his brothers will be attacked at the end of the millenium by the resurgent armies of the nations under the influence of Satan who has been released from his bonds.

Thus Psalm2 will find fulfillment

Nick

I thought you said there will be no flesh human beings on the earth?

Georg

Is this not your quote?

Group: Regular Members

——————————————————————————–
    Hi Georg,
    Only physical beings need a physical world.
    Flesh has no future

————–

How about it Nick, are you trying to ignore me again?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    There will be none in perishable garb after the Judgement.
    Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 13 2009,03:13)
    Nick……….Just prove their is a LITERAL LAKE of FIRE where it say GOD is going to cast people into, to scream out into all eternity in pain and suffering.  IN your theology Jesus and GOD the Father tell us to love and forgive our enemies , but they Just throw them into a literial lake of Fire right. Haven you heard GOD IS LOVE< not a GOD who throws his Children in to a literial FIRE and burn them up.

Here is what GOD thinks of people who think that way………Jer 32:35…> And they built the high place of Baal, which are in the valley of the sons of Hinnom, then caused their sons and their daughters; to pass through the fire unto Molech; which i commanded then not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this (ABOMINATION) to cause Judah to sin.

Lev 18:21..> and thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the mane of thy GOD: I am the LORD.

So God considers such a thing a SIN,  but you believe  him to throw his Created Children into a literial Fire.  Is that not PROFANING His NAME?. IMO

G,
    You should not really design a god according to your ideas.

Neither should you think he is like to what we call 'nice' people.
    This is where your dismissal of the god fearing grace lets you down.
    Your dreamworld of your design will not stand the fire of testing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….neither should you desiginna GOD of Hate and crulity as you portray , And the GRACE i recieved from GOD as well as His LOVE (CASTS OUT) FEAR. This is something you seem to not recieved yet, But WE have not recieved the SPIRIT of FEAR , but of love and poewr and of a sound mind. What part of that you don't understand Nick. On the other you have recieved a SPIRIT OF FEAR and TREMBLING Right? I would rather have the SPIRIT of LOVE and a Sound mind and the one the cry s out ABBA FATHER. We have not come to that mountain to fear and tremble as you have. SO you recieve a fearful GOD and one of TERROR, while we have recieved a GOD of MERCY, JUSTICE, and LOVE and with POWERS to SAVE (ALL) if He so choses, and really doesn't need any of your approval or disapproval, it means nothing to HIM. The way you color GOD the FATHER is what you will recieve into your own bosom, so i would be careful if i were you on how bad and Evil you try to make GOD the FATHER LOOK. It may become your own reward . “The fearful and unbelieving will have his part in the Lake of FIRE”. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G.
    You should just read the scriptures and show more respect for our God and His writings which make your speculative additions foul in the mouth. We pull down speculations but you treasure them?

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2009,06:54)
    Hi Georg,
    There will be none in perishable garb after the Judgement.
    Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom.

Nick

So you're saying, after God has destroyed all the rebels that follow Satan after the millennium, are all spirit beings?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Does scripture call them spirit beings or only you?
    Jesus said they will be like to the angels.

They will be clothed like the man from heaven.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 13 2009,03:13)

Gene

Num 16:32 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
    Num 16:33 They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.

Was this symbolic?

Lev 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
    Lev 10:2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

Was this symbolic?

2Sa 6:6 And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth [his hand] to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.
    2Sa 6:7 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

Was this symbolic?

1Sa 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Do you think God was kidding?
    The lake of fire is real, and so is the death of those who end up in it.

Georg

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2009,22:16)
    Hi Georg,
    Does scripture call them spirit beings or only you?
    Jesus said they will be like to the angels.

They will be clothed like the man from heaven.

Nick

What are angels, if not spirit beings?
    What kind of cloth did the man from heaven wear?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Angels are not perishable flesh.
    The new body is imperishable.

Cindy
    Participant

(((The new body is imperishable)))

That's right Nick, but it is still flesh; only the group that comes up in the first resurrection will be spirit. They are the once Jesus was referring too.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….Jesus after the resurrection told his disciple he was flesh and bone, and this flesh and bone went up into heaven on the clouds, and because it say GOD makes the spirits of he angles does not mean they (angles) do not have bodies of some kind. We are told we too we will be like the angles and seeing it say we shall see Jesus as He is, then the body he has must also be like the bodies of angles also. Its what is in those bodies is what counts not just the bodies. Another thing Jesus said, a SPIRIT does not have a body as you see i have.

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see because (A SPIRIT) has (NOT) flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus understood a Spirit was (intellect) in the being and not a being it self.

Why did Jesus say a Spirit has not flesh and bone, it is because a Spirit is (NOT) a being of itself, it is the intellect which animates and empowers the body to act. When Spirit is joined to a body the combination becomes a living soul, or being.  IMO

peace and love……………….gene  

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 14 2009,11:45)
    (((The new body is imperishable)))

That's right Nick, but it is still flesh; only the group that comes up in the first resurrection will be spirit. They are the once Jesus was referring too.

Georg

Hi Georg,
    The ones in the first resurrection are in imperishable bodies.
    The others are described as naked.

2 Corinthians 5:3
    If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

Revelation 3:18
    I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Salvation of the soul is the issue as Peter showed.

Psalm 49
    1Hear this, all ye people; give ear, all ye inhabitants of the world:

2Both low and high, rich and poor, together.

3My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.

4I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.

5Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?

6They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;

7None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

8(For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)

9That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

10For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.

11Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.

12Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.

13This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.

14Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

15But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

16Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased;

17For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.

18Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself.

19He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light.

20Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

Souls do not need a physical world.

chosenone
    Participant

NH. For your information… to correct your understanding.

THE SOULISH IN THE SCRIPTURES

Thus, just as human existence is joined to the soil (for the human was formed of the soil before the spirit was imparted), and as spirit is the source of life, so the soul is the seat of sensation. And for human beings, sensation is impossible except where there is a material body vivified by a spirit. Sensation does not depend upon a distinct entity or organism apart from either body or spirit, but rather upon their union. This union and its resultant sensation is termed “soul” in the sacred Scriptures.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Thank you for the limited scientific viewpoint.

Who are you quoting?

Lk16 suggests sensation is not just a bodily thing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    There are souls under the altar in Revelation.
    Are the bodies?

Flesh cannot inherit the kingdom.
    Who will rid us of this body of flesh?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 409 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account