Will all men be saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 409 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 23 2010,17:08)
    Georg.
      I am saying, to make it brief, is that the scripture you quoted in 1John, was referring to Israel, while under the 'law', not applicable to us now, under the “Grace of God”.  The explanation I gave you was a detailed version of this.

Blessings,  Jerry.

Jerry

John wrote the letters after Christs death on the cross. His death cancelled out the Law, the OT.
    His letters were written to the Jewish converts, not to the whole nation, as the rest of the nation continued to offer up sacrifices according to the Law till 70 AD.

What you read in the Concordant explanation is no different as if it was written today by some one. Do you give it credibility just because it is in an Concordant? are those people infallible as the pope for instant?

Understanding of scripture does not come by the number of degrees you have.

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

1Cr 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Georg

chosenone
    Participant

Georg.
    I'll stick with my choice rather than yours.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 24 2010,12:40)
    Georg.
      I'll stick with my choice rather than yours.

CO

is not what all of us have to do ,because we will be judge accordingly;

it is just more joy when Christians are having the same spirit of truth.

chosenone
    Participant

Is it only you who have the truth?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 25 2010,17:39)
    Is it only you who have the truth?

CO

that's something you have to look in your heart to see if you have it ,and in your conscience,is it you who speek or is it the spirit of the scriptures,

this is your question to answered ,because you will face Christ judgment alone,do you know what is Christ judgment??
    Jn 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out
    here it is ;Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    Jn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Jn 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
    Jn 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    Jn 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”

is believing alone enough?? see what Christ says;Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Jn 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
    Jn 5:29 and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned

Jn 7:17 If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Jn 8:11 “No one, sir,” she said.
    “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

Jn 8:51 I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.”

Jn 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

this may help you to understand

chosenone
    Participant

Matt.15:24
    24 Now He (Jesus), answering, said, “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Blessings.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Mar. 29 2010,17:49)
    Matt.15:24
    24 Now He (Jesus), answering, said, “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Blessings.

CO

this is before Christ dead he says;Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come

you have recieved that testimony it is for you to act on it,

terraricca
    Participant

CO
    Jesus was commissioned to the Jews lost ones;but he give orders to his apostels,to go after the gentiles the people who worship him but did not know him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca……..Wrong, Jesus told his disciples to not go in the way of the Gentiles, but go unto the LOST SHEEP of the house of Israel.

MAT 10:5…..> These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go (NOT) into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6…> But go rather to the LOST SHEEP of the house of Israel.

chosenone was right the Apostles were commissioned to go to the Lost Sheep of the house of Israel only. In the kingdom of Christ the Apostles will be Judges over the twelve tribes of Israel, as Jesus said.

The apostle Paul was the one sent to the Gentiles with the Gospel of salvation by GRACE.

JustAskin
    Participant

Gene,

Please…

What was the “Great Mystery”?

Was it not that God's word was to be preached to ALL me on earth as a testimony?

Do you ever read “Act of the Apostles” and “Romans”…

Don't come back at me and Terra until you have read them both, please.

Don't apologise to us – Apologise to Jesus and God.

What you have just written is exactly what is embodied in the ANTI-CHRIST

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 30 2010,03:31)
    Terraricca……..Wrong, Jesus told his disciples to not go in the way of the Gentiles, but go unto the LOST SHEEP of the house of Israel.

MAT 10:5…..> These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go (NOT) into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6…> But go rather to the LOST SHEEP of the house of Israel.

chosenone was right the Apostles were commissioned to go to the Lost Sheep of the house of Israel only. In the kingdom of Christ the Apostles will be Judges over the twelve tribes of Israel, as Jesus said.

The apostle Paul was the one sent to the Gentiles with the Gospel of salvation by GRACE.

gene

you have no clue of what the scriptures teach,
    your ignorance of truth is amazing.

answers like this does not give you light but darkness,

the prophetes have spoken of what i said,peter went to the first gentile,John was in Patmos,and Paul,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca………….are you saying what i (QUOTED) is not in Scripture and If it is why don't you believe it, seem to me you have no light in you is the problem here, not Chosenone and others as you accuse. IMO

Participant

Hi Gene:

But what did Jesus say when he had risen from the dead?

Matthew 28:18-19 (King James Version)

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

And relative to the day of Pentecost he said:

1The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 30 2010,15:25)
    Terraricca………….are you saying what i (QUOTED) is not in Scripture and If it is why don't you believe it, seem to me you have no light in you is the problem here, not Chosenone and others as you accuse. IMO

gene

no i don't say that but you playing with words, and you by doing that you misslayed people,

Christ came and said that but he also say to go trough out the earth what you refrain your self of mentioning.

he made miracles to gentiles as well.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Gene

Do you know why Jesus said “that”, and why he told the apostles “that”?

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………No please explain it to me. Paul said He was commissioned to the Gentiles not the other apostles, He was the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Rom 11:13…..> For I speak to you Gentiles, (INASMUCH) as (I) am the apostle of the Gentiles, (I) magnify (MINE OFFICE).

So whose office was Paul's , the office of the APOSTLE OF THE GENTILES.

Jesus commissioned the twelve original Apostles to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, as I have posted. and indeed they went out into the world to preach the gospel, but there direction was toward the house of Israel, and they shall sit on thrones Judging the twelve tribes of Israel in the future also. IMO

peace and love to you and Irene……………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

if Paul was so exclusive to go to the gentiles ,why did he always go in the cities he went to the synagogue first ,??to the Jews first then to the gentiles.???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca………..Paul taught in the cities that were Gentile cities, and Jew were dispersed in some of them, He would speak to who ever would listen , but Why do you deny the scriptures i Quoted of what Paul himself said he was, would be the real question here. Why not acknowledge the truth when quoted. What is preventing you from that, is it PRIDE ?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 01 2010,04:45)
    Terraricca………..Paul taught in the cities that were Gentile cities, and Jew were dispersed in some of them, He would speak to who ever would listen , but Why do you deny the scriptures i Quoted of what Paul himself said he was, would be the real question here. Why not acknowledge the truth when quoted. What is preventing you from that, is it PRIDE ?

gene

it is your approach to the scriptures that shakes me ,it is true that the scriptures said that Christ main purpose was to the Jews ,but you have to allow for the extension of the scriptures to be true.so it is for Paul he was the apostle to the gentiles but he would favor first the Jews in the cities he would go,
    i like to see that all scriptures are laid open in you explanation.so that the conclusion is true.
    this is my thought,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……..Your thoughts are wrong, Paul was commissioned to the Gentiles by GOD He was raised up for that very purpose, sure he tried to save some of his own race also and provoke them to Jealousy , but his main thrust was to the GENTILES, as scripture plainly shows. IMO

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 409 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account