Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,901 through 1,920 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

That's better Mandy,
    I hope he will join to contribute or take from this forum.
    take care
    Adam

david
    Participant

Wisdom is refered to as a women. Unless Jesus had transgender issues in the transporting/incarnation process?

The fact that the Hebrew word for “wisdom” is always in the feminine gender does not conflict with the use of wisdom to represent God’s Son. The Greek word for “love” in the expression “God is love” is also in the feminine gender. (1 John 4:8) Yet, it is used to refer to God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Love may be used to refer to God, but wisdom is translated by some to actually BE Jesus personified.  There's a difference there, no? There is no person that is love, for instance.

david
    Participant

Love is not just used to “refer to God.”

“God IS love” the scripture says.

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes, you are right Mandy, Love and wisdom are the attributes of a person not that they are separate persons.
    Love to you
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ June 09 2008,17:59)
    Love is not just used to “refer to God.”

“God IS love” the scripture says.

Wisdom in the OT is looked at as being the preexistent Christ.

Love in the OT is not looked upon as being the Almighty, himself. It certainly is an attribute as Adam said.

david
    Participant

Not everywhere where wisdom is mentioned, do we think it's talking about pre-existent Christ. And not everywhere where love is mentioned do we think it's talking about God.

Both love and wisdom are attributes, of both God and his son.

In Proverbs, Jesus is personified as wisdom, true.
    In the NT, we are told that God IS love.

One is a metaphor, the other personification. Not sure where we're going with this.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi david,
    Why you want to invent doctrines by misinterpreting the scripture like that by human mind. Don't you see that there are many ocassions in the Bible that attributes of persons were personified like “Love” in 1 Cor 13, 'Spirit' in Jn 14-16, “Sin” in James 1:15, wisdom in prov 8-9, and so on soforth. I don't know why christians make so many doctrines by claiming that theirs is the right interpretation of scriptures. If some one from outside watches us he will be mad by seeing our logics.
    Take care
    Adam

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Who Is Yahshua?

Yahshua is the Messiah the son of the living Yahweh. Yahshua is not his Father Yahweh and he did not pre-exist his birth.

By And Through

gollamudi
    Participant

Hope others will also understand this simple truth brother F4Y.

Not3in1
    Participant

Who is Jesus?

We all have different answers yet we read the same bible.

Something has to be wrong with that?
    Mandy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1 ………Its not so much the bible as it is the false doctrines derived by man. Which twist the words to meet their theologies. But those who are lead by the Spirit of GOD, the spirit of truth can put it together because GOD gives them the understanding to overcome these false teaching. If we apply scripture (EXACTLY) as written with out changing word meanings or implying more to them then what they exactly say, it will with Gods Spirit become clear as to what is meant. It becomes clear and clear as we go along, because we are GROWING in Grace and KNOWLEDGE as we go along. It's a GROWING process. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 08 2008,06:14)
    But those who are lead by the Spirit of GOD, the spirit of truth can put it together because GOD gives them the understanding to overcome these false teaching.

If you had to determine who was “lead by the Spirit of God” here on this board, who would you choose? Maybe your list would go like this:

1. You
    2. Adam
    3. Jodi

Now maybe if Nick made-up a list his would look like this:

1. t8

If Kathi were to make up a list maybe it would look like this:

1. Herself
    2. Irene

Perhaps if WJ made a list his would look like this:

1. Isaiah
    2. Oxy
    3. Epi

MY POINT IS WHO THE HECK KNOWS WHO HAS THE SPIRIT AND WHO DOES NOT?

WHO DETERMINES?

If it appears that I am screaming, I assure you that I want to sometimes.

Just in case anyone is wondering what my list would look like:

1. Everyone

I have decided that it is impossible to know who is teaching “false” doctrine. Everyone has their own view of God and Jesus (all sound good and true and can be backed-up in part or fully by the written Word). Where does that leave us?

Spinning…..wandering in the dessert…..accusing our brother's….pointing fingers……pride fest……preaching to the choir.

I'm gonna go feed someone who is hungry today and call it good.

I do love you all,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

For Gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Don't judge by what you see now.
    Keep seeking more of the Spirit.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 08 2008,13:44)
    Hi not3,
    Don't judge by what you see now.
    Keep seeking more of the Spirit.

I've been here going on a year and a half. I have participated in over 5,000 posts…… I'm not sure that the “Spirit” is in any of it? There is way more division than unity. We cannot even agree on the smallest thing.

We can take one scripture and have 6 different interpretations! Yet we all claim to the the “Spirit”….for me this is the true tell-all.

I don't know, Nick. Sometimes I wish I would have never started studying and looking into some of the problems surrounding the bible. Other times I am very grateful for the wake-up call.

Where I go from here I'm just not sure.

Back at the drawing board (again),
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Looking back turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick, I think you have just given me the answer that I have been looking for.

The bible says that fear is the beginning of wisdom, but that perfect love casts out fear. Which is it? Should we fear and become wise, or should we love and have our fears relieved? The bible is full of these.

Lot's wife was better off becoming a pillar of salt. Lot and his girls were headed to live in caves where his girls got their father drunk and raped (so-called) him in the night so they could have babies! It's a terrible story….. Sure, the end wound up OK for him, but geesh…. Anyway, according to some here it was God's ultimate will that she look back and be killed; it was predestined.

Crazy.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mandy,
    I would say that the fear of God in a reverance sort of way would be the beginning of wisdom. Perfect love casts out the fear that satan and his influences try to bring our way. Maybe you can show me if I am off base here. Anyway, I believe that is the message that is being conveyed.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    lighten up

Viewing 20 posts - 1,901 through 1,920 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account