Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……No i do not believe all humanity bears the guilt for Adam’s sin, each will give account for his or her own sins , And i do believe all sin even with the SPIRIT IN THEM, because sin is in their flesh members as Paul said, but sin is no longer account against them because of the sacrifice of Jesus the Christ. But you do bring up a good point however. Who does bear guilt for all of humanity’s sins.

Now what I am about to say, please just consider it. It may well be that GOD THE FATHER, is the one who does, in the end in one way of looking at it. That is may be why JESUS is called the Lamb “of” God. Because GOD took a perfect man, and offer him up for the sins of the whole world, just as the Israelites were commanded to take a LAMB, without blemish too, and offer for sin. Remember where John said that Jesus takes away not only our sin but the sins of the “WHOLE” world.

I am not sure about, this but but considering that, the temptation of Adam and Eve was allowed by God, AND they had no actual knowledge of sin before their fall, they were unaware of what sin was, their eyes were not open to sin untill “after” it all happened. So God could have prevented it all from happening, but by allowing it to take place there might be some responsibility also, and by being SOVERIGN in all things he could carry some of the responsibility, which would require a sin offering from him also. Therefore Jesus stands as God the Father sacrificial LAMB. Just a thought brother,butthere is bases for it. IMO

peace and loveto you and yours…………….gene

• This reply was modified 8 years, 12 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Romans 7:17-18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Galatians 5:19-21Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1) Those that do the works of the flesh will not inherit the kingdom of God.

No good thing dwell in the flesh for the works thereof are sin. Therefore sin is in the flesh.

Romans 8:1-4Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1) The righteousness of the Law is fulfilled by those that walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.
    2) There is no condemnation for those that walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

Galatians 5:22-24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

The Spirit is the gift of the new covenant so those that are not in the new covenant only have the flesh to walk by. That is the total depravity teaching.

How do these verses come together in your understanding?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

1John 5:18 goes with Galatians 5:19-24 and Romans 8:1-4.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J,

1John 5:18 goes with Galatians 5:19-24 and Romans 8:1-4.

Hi Kerwin,

What does 2Tim.3:5 go with? Perhaps Eph.5:26-27 and 1John 5:18; yes?

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

2Tim.3:5 is about the godless that Jude also speaks of in 1:12 of his letter.

Eph.5:26-27 does go with 1 John 5:18 and the ones I mentioned.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

2Tim.3:5 states: “Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof”

What “power” are they denying, if not the power that makes one PERFECT? (ref. Matt.5:48)

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J,

That is an interesting way of looking at it though I have looked at it as true godliness is a power in itself.

Your understanding may well be correct.

Ed J
    Participant

Your understanding may well be correct.

Hi Kerwin,

Thank you for considering my understanding, here is more evidence of it…

1John 1:8 states that sinners must understand that they sin (which were us all).
    1John 3:9 states that when one is born again one no longer sins on a regular basis.
    1John 5:18 states when the process is complete the Christian stops sinning altogether.

God’s HolySpirit (from within us) cleanses us of all our unrighteousness. (ref. 1John 1:9)

“Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
    unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ” (Eph 4:13)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj……. Good post, well put brother, IT CERTAINLY IS A PROCESS of overcoming we are in, untill we come unto the mearsure and full stature of CHRIST JESUS. JESUS IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE WORK OF GOD IN A HUMAN BEING, so are all true childern of God.

peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Ed J.

1 John 3:9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I understand that those that walk according to the Spirit do not sin as sin is of the flesh and not of the Spirit. When a Christian sins they are rejecting the Spirit as the Spirit and Flesh are opposed. (Galatians 5:17)

Ed J
    Participant

EDj……. Good post, well put brother, IT CERTAINLY IS A PROCESS of overcoming we are in, untill we come unto the mearsure and full stature of CHRIST JESUS. JESUS IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE WORK OF GOD IN A HUMAN BEING, so are all true childern of God.

peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Thank you Gene.

“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses,
    let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us,
    and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking
    unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;” (Heb 12:1-2)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone born of woman starts off life behind the eightball.

Jesus was born of woman. Job 25, gal.

Born into the domain of darkness and under the rule of the prince of this world.

He was reborn from above and became an overcomer never once sinning.

we can follow this son of Adam.

Miia
    Participant

I have come to learn that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not speak to Jesus, they IGNORE him.

How can we KNOW someone without speaking to them?

Jesus said “Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” (John 14.13)

1st John 5.13, “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”

The whole early church called on Jesus. They called out his name (Iēsous).

“To them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours,” (1 Corinthian 1.2)

Acts: 10Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. 14And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” 15But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.”

I said to ex JWs (who understood) ‘To NOT speak to/ listen to our Savior, Lord, King and Mediator between God and Man is to ignore him… and why would a Christian do that? As I said to my friend: How would YOUR son feel if people came to your door (Jesus is the door) and completely snubbed him, (because men said not to talk to him), and crowded around you, while treating him as if he did not exist, even though he laid down his life for them.’

Miia
    Participant

Stephen calling to Jesus:

59And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” (Acts.7).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Men of natural minds can only know Jesus according to the flesh.

Thence comes deception

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Man cannot live on bread alone but on every WORD that comes from the mouth of God

Jesus Christ is the Word, the living bread sent from heaven for men to feed on.

Why do men see the man and not the living bread of his teachings?

terraricca
    Participant

WHO IS JESUS ;

2) where did he came from

Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
    Jn 20:17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father.

if Jesus says in John 3;13 that he came down from heaven

and in John 20;17 that he as not yet gone back to his father ;for this would be then a full trip ,right ? yes

first coming then return , they call it a return flight

Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

terraricca
    Participant

12) does he have a god ?

JN 20:17 Jesus *said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’ ”

terraricca
    Participant

18) what would Jesus bring for us ?

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

24)and why does it say of him that he his the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD ;for this eliminates all others ?

Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,

according to Jesus HE’S THE ONLY SON OF HIS FATHER , NO OTHER CAN CLAIM BEING THE ONLY SON OF GOD OR DIRECT SON OF GOD

terraricca
    Participant

27 ) ?

was Jesus created ;
    Paul was talking about Jesus so the :HE” is Jesus
    Col 1:15 He(Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things,

Pr 8:22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
    before his deeds of old;
    Pr 8:23 I was appointed from eternity,
    from the beginning, before the world began.

Viewing 20 posts - 4,301 through 4,320 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account