Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,461 through 3,480 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Also consider that in 1 Kings 1:33, David is called by the plural form “masters” – even though he is a “single entity”.

Huh?? Where do you get that?

The king said to them, “Take with you the servants of your lord, and have my son Solomon ride on my own mule, and bring him down to Gihon.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Consider that in 1 Kings 11:33, Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Molek the god of the Ammonites are called “elohim” individually. And they are all “single entities”.

And where do you get that idea??

because they have forsaken Me, and have worshiped Ashtoreth the  godess of the Sidonians, Chemosh the god of Moab, and Milcom the  god of the sons of Ammon; and they have not walked in My ways, doing what is right in My sight and observing My statutes and My ordinances, as his father David did.

Those are all 'elohe' not 'elohim' as you mistakenly said.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The words “goddess” and “god” are all Strong's #430 in 1 Kings 11:33, Kathi. #430 is the plural form “elohim”.  The G/K equivalent is #H466, and confirms that the plural form “elohim” is used of all three gods mentioned in that verse.  The G/K definition says:  plural in form, but singular in meaning, with a focus on great power.  

You can easily check this on the NET Bible site.  You can also read note #2 here to see that “lord” is plural in 1 Kings 1:33.

Or you can check the morphology in the program you bought a while back.  I too have a similar program which was a gift from Pierre.  Mine is called “Pradis”, and confirms that “adown” is plural in 1:33.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 17 2013,14:57)
    Mike,

We do seem to agree on the whole but you seem to stress mighty as the meaning of elohim.

The Strong definition is “might(y one)”, Kerwin. I accept that definition as accurate. You can either agree with Strong or disagree. It makes no difference to me as I DO agree with him in this case.

Most scholars also agree that “might(y one)” is the oldest known meaning of the word “el”.

So in reality, when WE read Jehovah is the God of gods, the original thought written down in scripture was Jehovah is the mighty one of the mighty ones.

When we read Jehovah is the Most High God, the original statement was Jehovah is the most high mighty one.

Either accept these facts or don't. I don't care either way.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 18 2013,23:26)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 17 2013,14:57)
    Mike,

We do seem to agree on the whole but you seem to stress mighty as the meaning of elohim.

The Strong definition is “might(y one)”, Kerwin.  I accept that definition as accurate.  You can either agree with Strong or disagree.  It makes no difference to me as I DO agree with him in this case.

Most scholars also agree that “might(y one)” is the oldest known meaning of the word “el”.

So in reality, when WE read Jehovah is the God of gods, the original thought written down in scripture was Jehovah is the mighty one of the mighty ones.

When we read Jehovah is the Most High God, the original statement was Jehovah is the most high mighty one.

Either accept these facts or don't.   I don't care either way.

Mike,

Strong's #429 at biblesuite.com states the summary definition is God or god. They also have more precise definitions. The blueletterbible.org seems to agree. It is translated 2 out of 2006 to mighty in the KJV. It is also translated to mighty twice in the NASB.

Powers is a descriptive word that means god just like wind is a descriptive word meaning spirit. If you choose to use a descriptive lable then powers is a better translation than mighty as Jehovah has many powers and each god has power. Jehovah is therefore powers of powers.

Jehovah is more than his powers.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike,

I also looked at Strong's 409 and the definition sounds equivalent. I heard of the mighty, powers link outside of Strong's.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 18 2013,00:53)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 17 2013,23:52)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 17 2013,23:40)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 17 2013,12:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 17 2013,06:02)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 17 2013,03:14)
    T,

I presented the evidence and allowed it to speak for itself.  

Elohim = Theos and only Elohim is rooted in mighty.  Both are translated to god in English.  Mighty is an attribute of a god, no matter the language.

K

you right ,but this what it is so the word god =mighty one ;but we put a G into when it is for sure that it talks about GOD ALMIGHTY THE CREATOR ,THE FATHER OF CHRIST HIS ONLY SON

WHY IS HE THE ONLY SON ??? ALWAYS WANDER

T,

Why is Isaac called Abraham's only begotten in Scripture.

K

is he called begotten by God ??? or by Abraham ???

T,

That is not relevant and the question I was answering is why Jesus is called the only begotten and I pointed out that Isaac is also called only begotten even though had two sons.

You seem to also want to know why Jesus is called the son of God.  He was sired by God though the Holy Spirit, just as God's other children are.

K

You seem to also want to know why Jesus is called the son of God.  He was sired by God though the Holy Spirit, just as God's other children are.

what other children ???

flesh produce flesh sins Adam ,

and it is not the holy spirit that give birth to anyone i believe or do you know any that are ???

what is the holy spirit ??? if he give birth to any being

T

Romans 8:15
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 21 2013,09:46)

T,

Elohim = Theos and only Elohim is rooted in mighty.  Both are translated to god in English.  Mighty is an attribute of a god, no matter the language.

K

you right ,but this what it is so the word god =mighty one ;but we put a G into when it is for sure that it talks about GOD ALMIGHTY THE CREATOR ,THE FATHER OF CHRIST HIS ONLY SON

T,

K

T,

That is not relevant and the question I was answering is why Jesus is called the only begotten and I pointed out that Isaac is also called only begotten even though had two sons.

K

what other children ???

and it is not the holy spirit that give birth to anyone i believe or do you know any that are ???

T

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

K

Which of my questions are you answering with those scriptures you quoting ???

I surly can see the word spirit ,but as you know the word as many meanings so what meaning would you say it is in those verses ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2013,21:09)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2013,14:03)
    The particular Stone that Peter identifies as Jesus in 1 Peter 2 and 3 just happens to be the Stone identified as 'Jehovah of hosts' from Isaiah 8.

Wrong.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 15 2013,14:03)
    Isaiah 8 has Jehovah saying that 'Jehovah of hosts' is the Stone and Peter who calls Jesus 'Our God and Savior, Jesus Christ' identifies that 'Jehovah of hosts' as Jesus Christ.

Wrong.

Now, please tell me if there was a northern kingdom of Israel and a southern kingdom of Judah when Jesus was on the earth.  YES or NO?

And also tell me if Jesus is the stumbling block Jehovah LAID in Zion.  YES or NO?

Mike,
    Just saying “wrong” is a pretty lame defense. Your opinion reflects your own stumbling over the one who is the Stone of stumbling. Jehovah of hosts-Jesus the Messiah.

Now, please tell me if there was a northern kingdom of Israel and a southern kingdom of Judah when Jesus was on the earth. YES or NO?

Why, I already showed you that there were the 'two houses' Israel and Judah mentioned when Jesus was on earth.

And also tell me if Jesus is the stumbling block Jehovah LAID in Zion. YES or NO?

Yes, Jehovah laid a cornerstone in Zion which many stumbled over and that stone is Jehovah of hosts, Jesus.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 21 2013,20:40)
    Mike,
    Just saying “wrong” is a pretty lame defense.

I've already painstakingly explained why your conclusions are wrong, Kathi.  So now all I need to do is say “wrong” each time you claim nonsense like that.

Why, I already showed you that there were the 'two houses' Israel and Judah mentioned when Jesus was on earth.

Was there a northern kingdom of Israel and a southern kingdom of Judah when Christ was on earth?  NO.  End of story.

Yes, Jehovah laid a cornerstone in Zion which many stumbled over and that stone is Jehovah of hosts, Jesus.

Wrong.  Jehovah of hosts is the one who LAID a stone of stumbling in Zion.  You are correct that the stone was the servant of Jehovah of host named Jesus.

Kathi, Jesus himself said that our God was also his God.  So I ask you:

Is the God of Jesus THE God of Kathi?  Or is the God of Jesus ONE OF THE Gods of Kathi?  Which one?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 21 2013,10:42)

T,

K

T,

K

T,

K

what other children ???

T

K

I surly can see the word spirit ,but as you know the word as many meanings so what meaning would you say it is in those verses ???

T,

They are about the spirit giving birth to children

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 25 2013,03:12)

T,

K

T,

K

T,

K

what other children ???

T

K

T,

Kerwin

those” spirit ” do not give birth to anyone if so ;show me the scriptures ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 25 2013,07:24)

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 25 2013,03:12)

T,

K

T,

K

T,

K

what other children ???

T

K

T,

Kerwin

those” spirit ” do not give birth to anyone if so ;show me the scriptures ???

T,

Are you taking literally words that are not spoken with literal intent? Your request implies you are.

In particular what do you think I mean by “born”?

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

T,

Are you taking literally words that are not spoken with literal intent? Your request implies you are.

BORN ;means many thing but always a beginning of something ; what ever that may be ;like; company,country,nation,man.women,sin in sinner ,dead,live,ect…..

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 30 2013,08:29)
    kerwin

T,

Are you taking literally words that are not spoken with literal intent?  Your request implies you are.

BORN ;means many thing but always a beginning of something ; what ever that may be ;like; company,country,nation,man.women,sin in sinner ,dead,live,ect…..

T,

Yes, those that are born by the Spirit should begin to live in the Spirit. If not then they are stillborn.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 30 2013,12:03)

kerwin

T,

Are you taking literally words that are not spoken with literal intent?  Your request implies you are.

T,

Yes, those that are born by the Spirit should begin to live in the Spirit.  If not then they are stillborn.

Kerwin

no, not stillborn ,YOU ARE NOT BORN ,YOU ARE DEAD, big difference

so what does it mean then that we are born of the spirit ????

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 30 2013,22:04)

kerwin

T,

T,

Yes, those that are born by the Spirit should begin to live in the Spirit.  If not then they are stillborn.

Kerwin

T,

A stillborn child is dead and those whose who have the ability to walk by the spirit but choose not to are dead indeed.

The be born of the spirit means to receive the spirit. The spirit who's fruits are are a righteousness and holiness like God's.

It is the reception of an unseen agent that guides you in obtaining and maintaining true righteousness.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 31 2013,00:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 30 2013,22:04)

kerwin

T,

T,

Kerwin

T,

A stillborn child is dead and those whose who have the ability to walk by the spirit but choose not to are dead indeed.

The be born of the spirit means to receive the spirit.  The spirit who's fruits are are a righteousness and holiness like God's.

It is the reception of an unseen agent that guides you in obtaining and maintaining true righteousness.

k

how can someone receive from God anything except if he search for him ???

how can you aquire something by doing nothing ???

if you are not interested in God message how can you receive is spirit ???

this applies to our live span that God as given us .

wrong,it is your perception of the things of God that can be seen providing you stop to see things through the eyes of the flesh, ONLY ONE CAN BE USED EITHER TO SEE ONE OR THE OTHER ,

kerwin
    Participant

T,

You receive the spirit by faith and faith is not doing nothing.
    Even a demon who is damned shivers because of faith.
    A man who states he believes but does react to that belief is either a liar or incapable of reacting.
    I assume that those that believe are not like a demon in their reactions and are capable of reacting.
    When they hear Jesus' message they adhere to that message and in adhering to that message by faith then they receive and live by the spirit and learn to live by it even after becoming fully mature in the righteousness and holiness of God.

I believe this answers your first few questions. Your last comment I hope to respond to at a different time.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 01 2013,01:13)
    T,

You receive the spirit by faith and faith is not doing nothing.
    Even a demon who is damned shivers because of faith.
    A man who states he believes but does react to that belief is either a liar or incapable of reacting.
    I assume that those that believe are not like a demon in their reactions and are capable of reacting.
    When they hear Jesus' message they adhere to that message and in adhering to that message by faith then they receive and live by the spirit and learn to live by it even after becoming fully mature in the righteousness and holiness of God.

I believe this answers your first few questions.  Your last comment I hope to respond to at a different time.

k

Eze 2:7 You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious.
    Eze 2:8 But you, son of man, listen to what I say to you. Do not rebel like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you.”

Eze 3:6 not to many peoples of obscure speech and difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely if I had sent you to them, they would have listened to you.

Eze 3:16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me:
    Eze 3:17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.

Eze 3:18 When I say to a wicked man, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.

Eze 3:20 “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood.
    Eze 3:21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”

Eze 3:21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”

Eze 13:2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: ‘Hear the word of the LORD?
    Eze 13:3 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!

EZE 33:30 “But as for you, son of man, your fellow citizens who talk about you by the walls and in the doorways of the houses, speak to one another, each to his brother, saying, ‘ Come now and hear what the message is which comes forth from the LORD.’

EZE 34:2 “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock?

EZE 36:17 “Son of man, when the house of Israel was living in their own land, they defiled it by their ways and their deeds; their way before Me was like the uncleanness of a woman in her impurity.

1CO 9:16 For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.

2Co 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
    2Co 11:4 For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.
    2Co 11:5 But I do not think I am in the least inferior to those “super-apostles.”
    2Co 11:6 I may not be a trained speaker, but I do have knowledge. We have made this perfectly clear to you in every way.
    2Co 11:7 Was it a sin for me to lower myself in order to elevate you by preaching the gospel of God to you free of charge?

HAB 2:4
    “Behold, as for the proud one,
    His soul is not right within him;
    But the righteous will live by his faith.

are the demons now righteous ??? or is it that the deeds of righteousness comes before THE FAITH ???

AC 6:7 The word of God kept on spreading; and the number of the disciples continued to increase greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith.

so from a miss guide person we can become OBEDIENT TO THE FAITH ,in christ ,so we have to do deeds then no ???

scriptures  says;
    AC 14:22 strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying, “ Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.”

so faith is more an aquired thing based on the knowledge of the thing in question right ???

AND SO FAITH IS NOT A STAND ALONE ON A CORNER STREET JUST TO BE PICK UP ???

so it seems that we agree that faith by it self does nothing ,if we do not add the deeds to it ,right ???

Viewing 20 posts - 3,461 through 3,480 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account