Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,401 through 3,420 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 07 2013,16:49)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 07 2013,04:59)
    Meaning you are a Polytheist or at best a Henotheist.

You accuse Jesus of being a Polytheist. That is the conclusion.

Jesus said, “ye are gods”.

He quoted the OT, “ye are gods, ye are all sons of the Most High God”.

I am thinking that you do not realise that you are challenging Jesus Christ. But you are.

Wrong t8

Jesus said no such thing. He is quoting the Psalmist!

Look again. Jesus does not believe in other gods and neither did his followers.

KJV
    As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

NKJV
    Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.

NLT
    So, what about eating meat that has been offered to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God.

NIV
    So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”

ESV
    Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”

NASB
    Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that *there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one.

RSV
    Hence, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”

ASV
    Concerning therefore the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is [anything] in the world, and that there is no God but one.

YLT
    Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

DBY
    — concerning then the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in [the] world, and that there is no other God save one.
    © Info

WEB
    Therefore as concerning the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice to idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.

HNV
    Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one.

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 09 2013,07:52)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 07 2013,16:49)

You accuse Jesus of being a Polytheist. That is the conclusion.

Jesus said, “ye are gods”.

He quoted the OT, “ye are gods, ye are all sons of the Most High God”.

I am thinking that you do not realise that you are challenging Jesus Christ. But you are.

Wrong t8

Jesus said no such thing. He is quoting the Psalmist!

Look again. Jesus was did not believe in other gods and neither did his followers.

KJV
    As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

NKJV
    Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.

NLT
    So, what about eating meat that has been offered to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God.

NIV
    So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.”

ESV
    Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”

NASB
    Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that *there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one.

RSV
    Hence, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that “an idol has no real existence,” and that “there is no God but one.”

ASV
    Concerning therefore the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is [anything] in the world, and that there is no God but one.

YLT
    Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

DBY
    — concerning then the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in [the] world, and that there is no other God save one.
    © Info

WEB
    Therefore as concerning the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice to idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.

HNV
    Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one.

WJ

wj

scriptures says ;NO ONE LIKE HIM

t

Do you believe Jesus is a god?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 09 2013,07:56)
    t

Do you believe Jesus is a god?

WJ

WJ

GOD = MIGHTY ONE ; their are many mighty ones ,but yes Christ is a mighty one ;

GE 10:8 Now Cush became the father of Nimrod; he became a mighty one (god) on the earth.

JOS 22:22 “ The Mighty One, God, the LORD, the Mighty One, God, the LORD! He knows, and may Israel itself know. If it was in rebellion, or if in an unfaithful act against the LORD do not save us this day!

GE 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty(gods) men who were of old, men of renown.

GE 23:6 “Hear us, my lord(Abraham), you are a mighty prince among us; bury your dead in the choicest of our graves; none of us will refuse you his grave for burying your dead.”

Isa 9:6 For to us a child is born,(Christ)
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor,Mighty God ,

but the son of God is created and for that reason we do not worship him ,but honor him ,render homage to him ,for all the things he did ,he also received from the father ,

t

Ok if you believe Jesus is Mighty God then is he YOUR Mighty God?

Simple yes or no will suffice!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    your incomplete list:

This is the church I belong to, Kathi. The one that recognizes Jesus as the Son, Messiah, Servant, Lamb, Prophet and Priest OF “the living God”.

Now keep the list going…why stop at who Jesus is to His Father, hmmmm? Are you afraid to list who Jesus is to His Church?

Jesus is our righteous God and Savior, our Redeemer, our Salvation, our hope, our Lord, Jehovah our Righteousness, Jehovah of hosts, our forerunner, our deliverer, our pioneer and perfecter of faith, our God and Lord, etc.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 09 2013,20:18)
    t

WJ

wj

:D :D that is not what i have said ;I have said MIGHTY = GOD IN THE WORDING ,

AND SHOW YOU THAT MANY ARE MIGHTY OR MIGHTY ONES ,WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME SAY WHAT IS IN YOUR MIND AND HEART ,??? NOT IN MINE ,CHRIST IS THE ONLY CREATED SON OF GOD ,AND YES SCRIPTURES SAYS HE HIS A MIGHTY ONE ,ARE YOU ARGUING THAT HE IS NOT ???

HE IS NOT HIS OWN FATHER ,BECAUSE HIS FATHER CREATED HIM ,THAT STILL MAKE HIM THE FIRST AND CLOSES TO GOD THAN ANY ONE ELSE EVER CREATED AFTER HIM IS IT NOT ???

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 09 2013,16:06)

t

WJ

wj

:D  :D that is not what i have said ;I have said MIGHTY = GOD IN THE WORDING ,

AND SHOW YOU THAT MANY ARE MIGHTY OR MIGHTY ONES ,WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME SAY WHAT IS IN YOUR MIND AND HEART ,??? NOT IN MINE ,CHRIST IS THE ONLY CREATED SON OF GOD ,AND YES SCRIPTURES SAYS HE HIS A MIGHTY ONE ,ARE YOU ARGUING THAT HE IS NOT ???

HE IS NOT HIS OWN FATHER ,BECAUSE HIS FATHER CREATED HIM ,THAT STILL MAKE HIM THE FIRST AND CLOSES TO GOD THAN ANY ONE ELSE EVER CREATED AFTER HIM IS IT NOT ???

Why do you evade the answer to my question?

You said…

to us a son is given,
    And he will be called

That scripture says Jesus is “Mighty God”.

My question to you is if you believe Jesus is as the scripture says “Mighty God” then is he YOUR Mighty God?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 10 2013,04:49)

t

WJ

wj

:D  :D that is not what i have said ;I have said MIGHTY = GOD IN THE WORDING ,

Why do you evade the answer to my question?

You said…

to us a son is given,
    And he will be called

That scripture says Jesus is “Mighty God”.

My question to you is if you believe Jesus is as the scripture says “Mighty God” then is he YOUR Mighty God?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

WJ

wj

Christ is “a ” mighty god ,yes ,scriptures say so ;

do not try to make me say that he is his own father ,because he his not ,

being “a” mighty one does not make you or anyone else THE GOD ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH ,HE ALONE HIS GOD ,NONE IS LIKE HIM ,

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2013,20:16)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 07 2013,20:13)
    Does Isaiah 8 identify the Jehovah of hosts as Jehovah the speaker or someone other than Jehovah the speaker?

Jehovah of hosts is the one speaking.

Mike,
    Hmmmmm…are you trying to be deceptive?

Please answer this regarding 1 Peter 2:
    6For this is contained in Scripture:
    “BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone,
    AND HE
    WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”

Who is the “I” and who is the “Him?”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 10 2013,08:23)
    Mike,
    Hmmmmm…are you trying to be deceptive?

Nope.

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 10 2013,08:23)
    Who is the “I” and who is the “Him?”

The “I” is Jehovah.  The “him” is Jesus Christ, the servant of Jehovah.

Kathi, I don't believe you answered my question.  Are you saying that only “Jehovah the Son” is “Jehovah of hosts”, and Jehovah the Father is NOT “Jehovah of hosts”?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Are you saying that only “Jehovah the Son” is “Jehovah of hosts”, and Jehovah the Father is NOT “Jehovah of hosts”?

I'm not saying one way or the other as I have not done an exhaustive study on this. It is possible. Names of Jehovah are interchangeable for the Father and Son so it might be with this as well. Why, do you know of a passage that clearly refers to only the Father as the LORD of hosts?

The “I” is Jehovah.  The “him” is Jesus Christ, the servant of Jehovah.

Thank you for that answer and you are correct.

Now answer this question:

Regarding more of the same passage:
    1 Peter 2:
    7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

“The stone the builders rejected

has become the cornerstone,”

8and,

“A stone that causes people to stumble

and a rock that makes them fall.”

Please answer:
    Who/what is the stone? Who/what is the rock?

Proclaimer
    Participant

WJ, Jesus would be mighty el in the same sense that others would be mighty el. But obviously Jesus would be the greatest under God than any other called el or mighty el.

Meaning of el.

God, god (false gods/pagan gods), and the mighty which includes men and angels. When it is used of God, it almost always includes additional words to distinguish from false gods.

• El Elyon
  • El Olam
  • El Echad
  • El Tsaddik
  • El Shaddai
  • El Emet
  • El Hanne'eman

Of course additional words could also describe another god too.

Proclaimer
Participant

Some people never get sick of being proven wrong.
Although some take breaks and then come back for more.

Proclaimer
Participant

WJ, do you believe that Baal was a god that was worhipped. If yes, then you are a Polytheist according to your definition of the word.

The reality is that Mike clearly believes that the Father is the true and Most High God. So I count one.

Whereas you believe that the Father, Son, Spirit are God. I count three.

A triangle is a polygon WJ.
You are the Polytheist.

Back to the drawing board please.

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 11 2013,05:37)
The reality is that Mike clearly believes that the Father is the true and Most High God. So I count one.

Absolutely.  And Mike has enough common sense to understand that Jehovah couldn't possibly by the MOST HIGH god unless there existed other LESS HIGH gods.  (Common sense……….. and the fact that the scriptures teach all about these other, LESS HIGH gods.)

And that is where Kathi at least puts her money where her mouth is.  She, like the Trinitarians, is led by her personal desire to elevate Jesus to Godship, but she is at least sensible enough to know that if she worships Jesus as God, and the Father as God, she is worshipping TWO Gods………. not ONE.

By worshipping the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit OF God, Keith actually worships THREE separate Gods.  It's just that he nonsensically pretends that all three are only ONE God.

Talk about your mystery Babylon.

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 10 2013,13:14)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
Are you saying that only “Jehovah the Son” is “Jehovah of hosts”, and Jehovah the Father is NOT “Jehovah of hosts”?

I'm not saying one way or the other as I have not done an exhaustive study on this.

So how do you know the “Jehovah of hosts” in Isaiah 8:13 is the Son then?

1 Peter 2:
7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,

8and,

Please answer:

Jesus.

Lightenup
Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 11 2013,10:37)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)

I'm not saying one way or the other as I have not done an exhaustive study on this.

So how do you know the “Jehovah of hosts” in Isaiah 8:13 is the Son then?

1 Peter 2:

8and,

Please answer:

Jesus.

Yes Mike, the Rock/Stone is Jesus. The quoted OT scripture in 1 Peter 2:8 is from Isaiah 8:

Isaiah 8:11For thus hath Jehovah spoken unto me with strength of hand, and instructeth me against walking in the way of this people, saying,

12‘Ye do not say, A confederacy, To all to whom this people saith, A confederacy, And its fear ye do not fear, Nor declare fearful.

13Jehovah of Hosts — Him ye do sanctify, And He [is] your Fear, and He your Dread,

14And He hath been for a sanctuary, And for a stone of stumbling, and for a rock of falling, To the two houses of Israel, For a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Please answer:
Who is identified as the stone and rock in Isaiah 8.

Lightenup
Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 08 2013,20:14)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 07 2013,19:49)
His beginning was in regards to a begettal, not a creation.

At least two scriptures say differently. And look at this page.  The first thing they list after the big word “beget” is “create“.

Anyone who has ever been begotten has also been created, Kathi.  You think Jesus is the exception to this universal rule, but it is nothing but an unsupported thought.  

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 07 2013,19:49)
He is Jehovah our Righteousness and Jehovah of hosts. He wouldn't have the name Jehovah of hosts and not be eternally self-existent.

Did you purposely leave “Jehovah our Righteousness” out of your claim because you know Israel is also called by that name?  :)

1.  There is no scriptural evidence that Jesus is ever called “Jehovah of hosts”.  This is just in your imagination.

2.  Many people have “Jehovah” as part of their names.  None of those people are “eternally self-existent”, are they?

Mike,
We know that there are MANY created sons, so obviously, 'created' is not the word that was meant. He is the ONLY begotten Son…the ONLY begotten God.

I do see on your list 'brought forth' and 'born' which would make Him the same nature as His Father and an only begotten. We all know that someone had to exist before being brought forth also. We further know that the eternal life that was with the Father in the beginning wouldn't be eternal life if that life hadn't been eternal. No wonder He is called Jehovah of Hosts and Jehovah our Righteousness, and our God and Savior. It all comes together.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 11 2013,10:29)

Absolutely.  And Mike has enough common sense to understand that Jehovah couldn't possibly by the MOST HIGH god unless there existed other LESS HIGH gods.  (Common sense……….. and the fact that the scriptures teach all about these other, LESS HIGH gods.)

And that is where Kathi at least puts her money where her mouth is.  She, like the Trinitarians, is led by her personal desire to elevate Jesus to Godship, but she is at least sensible enough to know that if she worships Jesus as God, and the Father as God, she is worshipping TWO Gods………. not ONE.

By worshipping the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit OF God, Keith actually worships THREE separate Gods.  It's just that he nonsensically pretends that all three are only ONE God.

Talk about your mystery Babylon.

LOL

You guys are to funny.

You guys believe and and bow down to and serve 2 gods, the Father who you say is god and Jesus who you say is a god.

I believe they are One God and One Spirit as the scriptures claim.

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 11 2013,06:37)
WJ, do you believe that Baal was a god that was worhipped. If yes, then you are a Polytheist according to your definition of the word.

BTW t8, I don't believe that the so-called gods like baal who was worshiped by man were gods at all, but merely idols of men.

The definition of polytheism is “The worship of or belief in more than one god.”

Scriptures say…

KJV
As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

NKJV

NLT

NIV

ESV

NASB

RSV

ASV

YLT

DBY
© Info

WEB

HNV

What part of the Apostle Paul's word do you guys not believe when he says….

NLT

We know that men were worshiped as idols or gods who were no gods at all.

So its back to the drawing board for you guys.  :)

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 3,401 through 3,420 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account