Who is 'The God and Father' of Jesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Istari
    Participant

At various time and in many places there is reference to the God and Father of Jesus Christ.

For instance: Romans 15:6:
    '…with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ'

Unfortunately, some persons seem strangely unable to interpret such a statement in verse to say that it shows that Jesus is NOT [Almighty] God because Jesus' Father is Almighty God.

Jesus is therefore making explicit reference to God [Almighty] being both his God AND his Father.

Note that the reference is to 'Lord Jesus Christ' which makes reference to his risen state and position as 'Lord' over mankind (and the Angel, to wit: All Creation)

Another verse in John sees Jesus telling Mary Magdelene to go tell Jesus' brethren that he was going to ascend to 'My Father and Your Father, and My God and Your God'

Again, Jesus makes explicit reference to God as both his God and Father.

To follow this theme of Jesus' claim that his Father is God I am challenging you all to contribute as many places as you can find, and in as many ways you can find, that express the notion that God [Almighty] is either or both the God and/or Father of Jesus [Christ].

Please not 'Son of God' but more of 'Father' (I want to avoid backreferences to 'Sonship' and be forward references to fathershipand Godshipness)

Please post a single verse per post along with any explanatory text you like.

karmarie
    Participant

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Wispring
    Participant

Hello World,

John 14:23 (King James Version)

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Here Christ Jesus makes it plain if we love him we will as a result of this love retain his words. As a result of loving him and retaining his words his Father(God Allmighty) will also love us. Here Christ Jesus makes it plain that both he and his Father(God Allmighty) will live within us(in spirit) as a result of loving Jesus and keeping his words.

With Love and Respect,
                                                             Wispirng

princess
    Participant

Joh 4:23 Yet the time is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. Indeed, the Father is looking for people like that to worship him.

Istari
    Participant

Oops…start again…

Posted: April 08 2011,20:13
    Princess,
    God the Father gives revelation as he pleases and at such times as suits him.
    He also sends the spirit of disbelief (Stupor) to whom he wishes.

Your contribution is excellent and covers a point I had not asked for in this thread (Who does Scriptures say we should worship) but is an incredibly important point towards establishing exactly who 'God Almighty Is' and the relation between the so-called 'three Co-equal persons of the one Triune God' or the 'Co-equal Co-Worshipped dual God of Father and Son'.

I know there is already a thread on Worship which could be revived, or another started from fresh on this issue.
    Thank you.

However, Just to re-emphasise, I am asking for verses that show references to Jesus (As Lord) in relation to his Father (as God).
    For instance,
    1 Corinthians 1:3,
    'Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.'
    Comment:
    It is clear that there are two distinct persons mentioned here. One is shown as 'God' and additionally as 'the Father'. The other is separately shown to be Jesus Christ who is said to be 'Lord'.
    It is highly unlikely that it could be a conjoined God (Father and Lord) as 'God' and 'Lord Jesus Christ' are mentioned separately in previous and later verses independently of each other – and, sadly for Trinitarians, there is not even one single reference to the supposed third 'Co-Equal God', the Holy Spirit (This seems a curious omission by the Apostles if their point was to show greeting from the one triune God!)
    To wit: the Father is declared as being God. Jesus is declared as bring Lord.

Please feel free to use aspects of my comments for your own, it is not sacrosanct!

This thread is, in effect, a Scripture search… Happy hunting – may the time spent bring much revelation of truth and unity of views concerning Jesus and his relation in status to his God and our God who declares his name as YHVH : 'And that is my Name for everlasting'
    (An interesting point, off topic slightly, semantically, God says his name is 'for' (or, 'To') Everlasting meaning, 'From this point on' – note: not 'From' Everlasting… Food for thought in another thread, any takers?)

Admin
    Keymaster

Topic moved from the 'Hot Seat' forum to 'Scripture & Biblical Doctrine'.

The Hot Seat forum is a place for grilling people and what they believe as opposed to beliefs. It is a place designed to make people accountable either by their own admission or by others.

:blues:

Istari
    Participant

Hi t8,

First, thanks for deleted my mis-post … Easily done on my mobile…

Any chance of editing writes?

Then sorry for the wrong category.. I think I just didnt look carefully enough when I s
    Created the thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account